PDA

View Full Version : BCB to question Coach, Captain & Selectors and to cut players Bonus!

Murad
April 22, 2008, 11:59 PM
BCB finally jaagse.. mone hoi YABA khawa chere diyese :-D

They are going to question the Coach, Captain, Chief Selector and the Manager for the bad performances since the NZ tour. They want to know what is the reason behind the downfall. They have been quiet for long time but now they are saying this is the right time to take decisions before things goes out of control.

They will call Ashraful within 2/3 days. They will also call some senior players from the team to talk about the bad performances.

They are also taking some decisions against the players (eg. BONUS CUT) on April 27th Board meeting.

1. Players will lose 50% off the bonus if they lose a match.
2. If they can win a match against top 3 teams, then the bonus amount will be tripled.
3. A player will lose around half of the match fees if plays bad.

Seems like they heard T_E. They are going to do what T_E suggested. Congrats TE. You are the BEST. :up: Deikhen abar beshi fuila jabenna..;)

Bektigoto Noi, Ebar Dolgoto Match Fee Korton (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=93932)

al-Sagar
April 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
but bhai BCB re question korbe ke ...........

era goto 8 bosor dhoire desh er infra structure er kono improvement korte pare nai.

bujhee kom
April 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
at least a start! yes, thank you tiger eye bhai for sending the message to bcb!

rainmaniac
April 23, 2008, 12:09 AM
ke tar brain bcb ke donate korse je bcb ato bhalo ekta decision nite parse..hhhmmm..i wonder...

djnaved
April 23, 2008, 12:11 AM
jiggash koira kono luv nai, direct actione na gele, cricket footballer moto obosta hobe...

coach,captain,chief selector,manager: we need time to build up the players:-|

Foozy
April 23, 2008, 01:35 AM
Definitely a positive move!

WarWolf
April 23, 2008, 01:41 AM
Khub i valo khobor. Vut taranor babostha hochche shorshe dia.... Kintu shorsher modhdher vut ke tarabe?

Baundule
April 23, 2008, 03:33 AM
Oh no! Some boot camps are ahead! Feel pity for the players!

The Army BCB knows only the single solution: punish them in terms of money, train them in the boot camps.

Antora
April 23, 2008, 03:48 AM
Woah! at last something good!

cricket_fanatic
April 23, 2008, 04:08 AM
Makes sense. In any job you'll have annual productivity and performance reviews which decide payrise, promotions, future responsibilities, etc. Why would the management and players be any exception?

The question is what are we gonna do to sort out the issues that would come up.

mshakir56
April 23, 2008, 05:25 AM
Whats the source? Where did you find the info?

crikfreak
April 23, 2008, 05:33 AM
finally.. some action against the dismal performances.. i wonder how the bcb's tubelight finally turned on..

btw.. what does the article say.. its in bangla.. can anyone explain in short??

Ehsan
April 23, 2008, 07:24 AM
What are they going to do about the coach? He is taking vacations after vacations. He is gone home again after Pak series and will return in may. What kind of performace can you expect from the boys when the coach is not showing them any signs of commitment. If JS does not like his job that much, then he can return home or be our batting coach for all levels of teams (then these vacations won't be such a huge issue for the team), and we can look to hire a head coach. Its as simple as that, you take it or leave it.

Murad
April 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
Whats the source? Where did you find the info?

I guess you are not blind. right? :confused:

arifur81
April 23, 2008, 08:18 AM
ke tar brain bcb ke donate korse je bcb ato bhalo ekta decision nite parse..hhhmmm..i wonder...

BCB mone hoi vhol koira amader forum a doika gasilo ar thokon ora amader suggestion collect koira, cuts chats korse.

Kabir
April 23, 2008, 08:31 AM
If JS does not like his job that much, then he can return home or be our batting coach for all levels of teams (then these vacations won't be such a huge issue for the team), and we can look to hire a head coach. Its as simple as that, you take it or leave it.

Rightly so.

The coach, it seems, is trying to take the vacations every month. Frequent vacations at the beginning of your contract is simply not acceptable.

Tigers_eye
April 23, 2008, 08:34 AM
at least a start! yes, thank you tiger eye bhai for sending the message to bcb!
Can't say, "you are welcome" cause I didn't say anything to BCB. They have their own think tank. If BD people knew the importance of feedback then we wouldn't be one of the poorest country in the world.

Murad mia khali gondogol'er shristi koren.

baundule,
It was long over due. No other way the message was getting across. losing is understandable. Not giving a fight is not permissible and unpatriotic.

Finally, Not to dissapoint any one but I have seen too many show-cause meetings by BD authorities to know that no fruitful outcome may happen even with these meetings. One can have all the laws to go by but if they don't implement those laws situation gets worse.

WarWolf
April 23, 2008, 08:39 AM
Rightly so.

The coach, it seems, is trying to take the vacations every month. Frequent vacations at the beginning of your contract is simply not acceptable.
It's not acceptable even at the end of the contract...

meazz1
April 23, 2008, 09:08 AM
I hope this new regulations don't start scaring the players enough to abandon the team (LOL).
No more free rides, players.

SS
April 23, 2008, 09:21 AM
Questioning others but who will questions them
When BCB failed to fix the structure rather blame
millions of dollars where it went
only fans like us can vent
37 years of independence, we destroyed our name
8 years of test status, we destroyed our game
Who is the culprit who is gent
Dear BCB Why questioning only others and making you exempt

akabir77
April 23, 2008, 09:48 AM
coach and BCB also need to share the failure and hence get punished... its not only players fault.

thebest
April 23, 2008, 10:33 AM
coach and BCB also need to share the failure and hence get punished... its not only players fault.
Sorry, I beg to differ. What BCB can do? BCB gave them best coach they could afford; pay them top dollar. I do not like the appraoch of Sidons. But I would not start blame game with him now. Regarding those, who say BCB wasted money I would say they waste very little compare to other BD organization. BCB build two new stadium (Fatulla, Bogra), renovate three to meet cricket specfic (Ctg, Khulna, Mirpur), two other probably international standard (Sylhet, Rajshahi). Today, BCB inaugurated the academy. Yes they failed in some aspects. Like the pitch. making the NCL competitive, failing to develop quality umpire and start and operate cricket league in each and every league. Ideally I would like each of 64 districts play in a four tier league system. It would not only unearth new talent but also give players more match practice.

akabir77
April 23, 2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I beg to differ. What BCB can do? BCB gave them best coach they could afford; pay them top dollar. I do not like the appraoch of Sidons. But I would not start blame game with him now. Regarding those, who say BCB wasted money I would say they waste very little compare to other BD organization. BCB build two new stadium (Fatulla, Bogra), renovate three to meet cricket specfic (Ctg, Khulna, Mirpur), two other probably international standard (Sylhet, Rajshahi). Today, BCB inaugurated the academy. Yes they failed in some aspects. Like the pitch. making the NCL competitive, failing to develop quality umpire and start and operate cricket league in each and every league. Ideally I would like each of 64 districts play in a four tier league system. It would not only unearth new talent but also give players more match practice.

BCB hired three jokers to do selection. They don't question why the mid age players are discarded? they don't question why the pitches r like this? they don't q why their highly paid coach takes so much vacation...

mali007
April 23, 2008, 01:58 PM
Good news. But coach and selectors should be punished too.

zainab
April 23, 2008, 03:21 PM
What are they going to do about the coach? He is taking vacations after vacations. He is gone home again after Pak series and will return in may. What kind of performace can you expect from the boys when the coach is not showing them any signs of commitment. If JS does not like his job that much, then he can return home or be our batting coach for all levels of teams (then these vacations won't be such a huge issue for the team), and we can look to hire a head coach. Its as simple as that, you take it or leave it.

i thoroughly agree. I cannot believe the amount of holidays this guy is taking, I am bothered by his lack of training camps, cause before each series, he spends about 5 days with the players. What is wrong with BCB? when the coach is so negative, has no interest in the team, what do you expect the cricketers to do. I think that Siddons twisted the BCB's arm because they were so so desperate for a national coach. IMO, siddons has done more harm than good. It is about time BCB does something.
The Tri series is coming up soon, also the Asia cup and if something is not done quickly BD will once again get walloped.

Mahmood
April 23, 2008, 03:58 PM

Is this true? he really went on another vacation? Do you have a source?

If thats the case, this is totally unacceptable. JS should have used this free time to train them, just a camp right before a series does not do it. BCB is also irresponsible to allow this. How much vacation a person should get an year should be part of the contract and strictly followed. If they signed a contract that JS stays on vacation untill each series preparation camp starts, then they are to be blamed 100%.

Ehsan
April 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
Is this true? he really went on another vacation? Do you have a source?

I am going to quote Eshen who quoted shamokal as the source of the news:

Siddons is gone on a vacation again !!! He will be back in Bangladesh on 9th May. Meanwhile, national team players will take a week long break, and then join the camp with discards for a week.

http://www.shamokal.com/archive.deta...4-23&nid=93932 (http://www.shamokal.com/archive.details.php?nd=2008-04-23&nid=93932)

Our cricket is really falling apart, and BCB is responsible for this. They must do something soon!

Pundit
April 23, 2008, 04:56 PM
The way people are, even if the BCB got fired, they would want the Sports' ministers head..after his, the Presidents...and who knows what after that.

The coach and selectors do get punished...they get fired. Nothing in between. That's how the world works...everywhere.

nsd3
April 23, 2008, 06:11 PM
Players were reported tired after the 3rd ODI in Pak. I guess taking time off was the point behind the vacation. Are the players not on leave at the moment?

zahid
April 24, 2008, 03:46 AM
Good decision.

ehteshamul
April 24, 2008, 09:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS BCB ! IT SEEMS YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE FEELNGS OF OUR CRICKET FANS! A GOOD START IS HALF THE BATTLE WON! HATS OFF TO BCB !

So Finally BCB is taking action to streamline our cricket team.

Commonsense wise even a layman will agree Siddons needs to be replaced by a head coach. He can concentrate on acting as Batting coach. He can continue as Batting coach so long he does not say any negative. That should be included in his ‘ TEAM RULE ‘ as well. Fair Enough Siddons ?

A lot of fans are wondering and fuming why siddons has gone on vacation.
The answer is simple . He wants to avoid public fury which he would have confronted had he gone back to Bangladesh after the Pakistan debacle .So as time passes public memory is shortlived and he probably thinks he will get away with our media and Public when he returns back BD .

I am not sure how long BCB will tolerate a coach who expects low/negative expectations from team members.

Even a child understands that we have to aim high to do well.

So if your aim/ expectation is low. How will you do well ?

On of the top priorities of BCB would be to save the talent of Ashraful and Nafees.

They can easily contact Sourav of India whio experienced similar loss of form in batting- was knocked out of captaincy, team. He did not give up . Did he ? He sorted out his weaknesses and came out blazingly. Today he is a very important batting member of Indian test team .

BCB – give it a shot. Try directly/indirectly to contact Sourav and ask for a two to three week Batting consultancy for Ashraful, Nafees, Aftab, Junaed. All these guys are very good potentially. These are not my comments .These are Comments from top ex cricketers and now commentators – Sanjay Manjrekar, Shivramakrishnan, Ian Chapell, Barry Richards.

Sourav is not so busy these days in the sense he is only paying test matches which are few and being a bengali I am sure he will be happy to help our cricketers overcome shortcomings on a short term basis.
Siddons has no reason to be offended as he will have a free hand coaching the rest.

The situation has arised because these cricketers have failed miserably in the recently concluded series with Pakistan and deserve a serious batting tune up from a stronger source which in this case Sourav would be s good choice

Bowling Coach –Why is BCB blind to this ? Unless we have a pace attack of top class
Opposition will build up huge score and which will be difficult for our batsmen to defend.

Look at Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, India, Newzealand, England – Pace is their key weapon.

Our pace attack is way behind others. There is no shame in it. It is a fact. They have made some improvements . Still a long way to go. A genuine bowling coach – either from West Insides or South Africa or Australia has to shape and develop them thoroughly till they become world class.

Fielding –it has never been Bangladesh, India, or Pakistan’s strength. So we have to turn to South Africa.

Captain. It is never an easy job . Captaincy has taken a heavy toll of Ashraful.

Bangladesh had no choice when they chose Ashraful as Bashar at the last stage was becoming a laughing stock with his poor scores . But one has to say he was cool. Could speak well with the media as well .

To me Shakib is the ideal choice. He is cool. He will make mistakes. But he will definitely be a better choice because of his all round abilities and coolness. I heard he has a good cricketing brain .

Pitches – my goodness. What is stopping BCB from having bouncy pitches.
Even if BD plays 100 matches with other teams on flat, spinning wickets at home, they will be exposed whenever they tour Australia, South Africa , New Zealand and even Sri Lanka because of the fast bouncypitches

Siddon Bhaiyya is on vacation. That’s good for him. Let this vacation take all the shocks, negatives out of his mind and when he returns he comes with fresh brilliant /positive ideas and impart them to his team

Guru Siddons . We have nothing against you. You give good results. We will keep quiet
As a BD fan one expects at least one good result every series .Unfortunately that has not happened.

Along with your Team rule assert your self and demand from team YOU MUST WIN , COME WHAT MAY OTHEWISE.. I DON’T NEED TO TELL THAT. Teach them Meditation, Auto Suggestions. Whatever modern technique is available to have self belief in them.

One hopes your next phase will be rewarding for Bangladesh

crikfreak
April 25, 2008, 05:09 AM
why the hell does siddons take so many vacations?? i don't get him.. at the end of almost every tour he's going back to aus.. does he get the tickets free.. or does he pay for it himself??

and shouldn't bcb question themselves as well??

zainab
April 25, 2008, 06:07 AM
I am sure this was part of his contract. BCB was so desperate to get a coach - reason is players and fans were down their throats that Siddons twisted their arms and got away with it. It is now worse than Shaun Williams. At least in WC 20/20, there was better performance, last time i saw Aftab and Ashraful enjoyed their cricket.
In the ODI series against Sri lanka, even though they lost the ODIs, they played better.
I feel that the coach is not gelling with the team and one problem might be communication and also the negative way he sees the team, he is only looking for improvement in 2 yrs time, grooming them for WC 2011.
They also have a T20 WC in 2009 and if they dont beat India and Zim, they cannot progress to the next stage and will be knocked out and that will be worse than 2007.

IMO, Siddons is the root cause of this dismal failure against NZ, SA and Pakistan.

Fazal
April 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
last time i saw Aftab and Ashraful enjoyed their cricket.
In the ODI series against Sri lanka, even though they lost the ODIs, they played better.

The national team is not the place where the goal is to entertain Ash and Aftab. Ash and Afatb are experienced enough to know how to survive in international cricket. Stop blaming the coach for their failures. Open your eyes and try to look things in a more impartial way. Siidon may not doing all things right and he deserve fan's critisim, but Ash and Aftab's failure is not one of them. Its Ash and Aftab themselved ONLY ( and no body else) to be blamed for their failures.

Yes I can blame Selectors and the Coach a little bit, and that is, still sticking with them and not dopping them yet to send a signal that these kind of irresponsible batting should not be tolerated by the management. Most of the time when Ash was out, he was not out because of his off-form or he was overwelmed... but because of his supidness. And the same is more or less true for Aftab. A coach cannot make a 'stupid' person an 'intelligent' person all in a sudden spacially when the student shows no sign that he is eager to learn.

Dhruvo
April 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
I think they should had made a more strict rule like if the coach doesnt motivate the team then his salary will be cut from 20.000 to 200 and if the captain brag's about himself then he will be arrested for 2 months in prison and banned for 10 matches after the imprisonment is over and if a player blames another player they blamers salary will be cut forever from suppose 10,000 to 3,000 unless he scores 2 100's in 5 matches.

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
where are the questions,answers & actions ?

It would be useful doing it as early as possible.

Murad
April 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
BCB waking up
Sports Reporter

The recent hopeless performance of the national cricket team has forced the authorities to rethink the recruitment policy of the players in the backdrop of a notion that the current crop 'feels comfortable' about their future under the existing salary structure despite repeated failures.

The board while weighing options to take a hard line approach after the Tigers' 5-0 whitewash in Pakistan earlier this month and the subsequent careless remarks from captain Mohammad Ashraful is also contemplating financial punishment as a means to create awareness among the 'can't care less' players.

"I think time has come to rethink the whole process because everyone is getting frustrated to watch this kind of poor performance day by day. We just cannot sit on it and must find a solution," said BCB's cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain yesterday.

"Let us find the problems behind the repeated failures first then we will think about the ways. Yes, financial punishment may be an option but before that we have to look at the bigger picture," he added.

In his first move, Ashraf has decided to sit with the national players today to understand their version behind the disastrous performance.

"Actually the cricket operations committee never sat with the players exclusively to discuss their performance.

"We will try to get explanations about their irresponsible dismissals. It was not actually the result but the way they got out that upset everybody," he explained.

It seemed that Ashraf, was not ready to bring the coaching staff under the scanner right now and believed that players ultimately should perform.

"People should understand that the board is spending a lot of money and they (the players and staff) have to pay back. It is called professionalism. Everybody is accountable to their jobs but in the case of the coaching staff, you can only judge whether they run practice in the right way. But it is ultimately the players who should deliver in the middle," he explained.

There were an indication that the board is trying to put pressure on the national players by giving the message that there are a good number of players in the bench who can snatch their places any time and as a sign, they brought some discarded players into training.

"The reality is that we have lack of backup players who can put pressure on the national players. We thought that keeping the out-of-favour players in touch could be a way and as a result, we called up a camp for them," said Ashraf.

"We have to give a clear message that only performance would count and not age or anything else.

"We need healthy competition between the experienced and younger players even in domestic competitions. I think one should show his mettle in the domestic circuit before going into the highest level," he added.

Is looks that all is not over for players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Mashud from the one-day side.

"Let's see how everybody play in the Super League (of the Premier Division) first," said a smiling Ashraf.

DailyStar (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=34088)

WarWolf
April 27, 2008, 01:56 PM
It seemed that Ashraf, was not ready to bring the coaching staff under the scanner right now and believed that players ultimately should perform.

"People should understand that the board is spending a lot of money and they (the players and staff) have to pay back. It is called professionalism. Everybody is accountable to their jobs but in the case of the coaching staff, you can only judge whether they run practice in the right way. But it is ultimately the players who should deliver in the middle," he explained.

Lipu is the person who has brought Siddons to Bangladesh. That's why he is trying to keep the coach away from the heat... If the coach feels the heat then eventually Lipu will also feel it...

clueless
April 27, 2008, 11:52 PM
i dont understand why u guys have always someone to blame..!! why dont you for once come up with a helpful solution..rather than pointing fingers at people and saying that they cannot do the job right..u gotta cut some slack for the coach after all he is brand new..

BCB ..i dont know what you guys have in mind but i really dont know what BCB can do..

I dont think bringing the best coach in the world..or even not paying them at all..or sending them to camps will help at all..

all i am saying is we gotta stop judging people and stop mocking them..in my opinion i really dont know how much the coaches and the management can do if the players cant execute well..

is it talent we lack, experience we lack, judgement quality we lack..i really donno..

kalpurush
April 28, 2008, 01:41 AM
ha!ha!!....SS bhai, good one!!!:D

lamisa
April 28, 2008, 09:25 AM
oh finally!!!!but i wonder what they will do to the coach and selectors

Murad
April 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
[বাংলা]ক্রিকেটারদের অজুহাতে সন্তুষ্ট নয় বিসিবি
Mon, Apr 28th, 2008 11:01 pm BdST

ঢাকা, ২৮ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- চরম ব্যর্থতার পাকিস্তান সফরশেষেও মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের মুখ থেকে শোনা গেছে উন্নতির ফিরিস্তি। সোমবার বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স কমিটির সামনে হাজিরা দেওয়ার পর উন্নতির কথা জোর গলায় অবশ্য বলেননি তারা। তবে কিছু অজুহাত তারা ঠিকই দাঁড় করিয়েছেন। যেগুলো শুনে মোটেও সন্তুষ্ট হতে পারেননি বিসিবি কর্মকর্তারা।

ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ লিপুর কথায় অসন্তোষ ধরা পড়লো পরিষ্কার, "ওরা এমন কিছু অজুহাত দিয়েছে যেগুলো আমাদের পক্ষে মেনে নেওয়া সম্ভব নয়। আমরা তো টেলিভিশনে খেলা দেখেছি। দেখেছি একই ভুল বারবার করতেও। সেসব ভূলের জন্য অজুহাত মোটেও কাম্য নয়।"

সোমবার বিকেলে পাকিস্তান সিরিজের দলটিকে ডেকে পাঠানো হয়েছিল গুলশানে বিসিবির ব্যবস্থাপনা কার্যালয়ে। সেখানে অধিনায়ক আশরাফুল, সহ-অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা ও ম্যানেজার শফিকুল হক হীরার সঙ্গে আলাদা আলাদাভাবে বসেছে অপারেশন্স কমিটি। যেখানে লিপু ছাড়াও ছিলেন শফিকুর রহমান মুন্না, আহমেদ সাজ্জাদুল আলম ববি এবং জালাল আহমেদ চৌধুরী। কয়েক গ্র"পে ভাগ করে দলের অন্যান্য ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গেও বসেছিলেন তারা।

হাজিরা দেওয়া ১২ জন ক্রিকেটারের কেউ কেউ নাকি নিজেদের একেবারে সাধারণ মানের পারফরম্যান্স নিয়েও সন্তোষ প্রকাশ করেছেন বিসিবি কর্তাদের সামনে। লিপু বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম-কে তেমনই জানিয়েছেন, "কেউ কেউ ৫/১০ রান করেও সন্তুষ্টির কথা জানিয়েছে। কিন্তু আমরা বলেছি দিয়েছি, এসবে আমরা মোটেও খুশী হতে পারছি না।"

ব্যাটসম্যানরা নিজেদের আউট নিয়ে নানারকম ব্যাখ্যা দাঁড় করানোর চেষ্টা করেছেন। কেউ কেউ ভাগ্যকেও দুষেছেন। কিন্তু তাদের ব্যাখ্যাকে খুব সহজেই নড়বড়ে করে দেওয়া গেছে কারণ, "আমাদের সঙ্গে জাতীয় দলের কম্পিউটার অ্যানালিস্ট নাসির আহমেদ নাসুও ছিলেন। অজুহাত দেওয়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গেই আমরা ভিডিও ফুটেজ দেখিয়ে দিয়েছি ওদের। কখন ওরা বলের গতি বিচার করতে পারেনি, কোনটা বাজে শট ছিল-এসব ওদের দেখিয়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে।"

অধিনায়ক পাকিস্তানে পরপর তিন ম্যাচে দুইশোর বেশি রান করার ব্যাপারটাকে বড় করে দেখাতে চেয়েছিলেন। কিন্তু কেমন জবাব পেয়েছেন, সেটা আঁচ করা যাচ্ছে ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স চেয়ারম্যানের কথা থেকেই, "ওরা এমন অনেক কিছুই বলেছে যেগুলোর সঙ্গে আমরা পরিষ্কার দ্বিমত পোষণ করেছি। কয়েকটা ম্যাচে দুইশোর বেশি রান করেই সন্তুষ্ট হওয়ার মতো জায়গায় আমরা নেই। সেসব দিন আমরা অনেক পেছনে ফেলে এসেছি।"

অবশ্য ক্রিকেটাররা নিজেদের অনেক কথা খোলামেলাভাবে বলার সুযোগ পেয়েছেন বলেও জানালেন লিপু, "কোচ জেমি সিডন্স যে টিম রুলস সেট করেছে, তার সঙ্গে ওদের মানিয়ে নিতে আরো কিছুদিন সময় লাগবে বলে জানিয়েছে ওরা। মন-মানসিকতায় পরিবর্তন আনার বিষয়টাও বুঝতে পারছে। অনেকেই স্বীকার করেছে ওদের ফিটনেসে ঘাটতি আছে। অনেকে নির্দ্বিধায় ক্লান্তির কথা বলেছে। ধারাবাহিক ব্যর্থতার জন্য আর্থিক জরিমানা হওয়া উচিত বলেও মনে করে কেউ কেউ। সংখ্যাটা অবশ্য খুবই নগণ্য। মাত্র দুজন জরিমানার নিয়ম থাকা উচিত বলে মনে করে।"

[/বাংলা]

Murad
April 28, 2008, 12:15 PM
Coach bole diyese... amra 3 match e 200 par korechi..eta onek boro unnoti.. ar shobai paise....to otai bolbe.. captain arekta gadha.. otakeiii mul osro hishebe dhore niyese... to opoman o hoyese..

team rules, natural games.. shobii bhua.. just to waste more time. shomoi den shomoi den kore ek shomoi arekta rules ashbe..tokhon bolbe aro shomoi den.. evabhei cholte hobe..

amader coach mr bush 2, jevabhe negatively chinta vabhna kortesen.. tate mone hoi na.. amra recent future e kono valo kisu dekhbo.. 200 par korata onek aager bepar chilo.. ekhon amader lokkho howa uchit win korar...kintu amader coach mone koren amra ekhono shei porjaye pochoini.. :sigh:

ekhon dekhar bishoy coach er report ki bole...

Murad
April 28, 2008, 12:18 PM
BCB dissatisfied at national team's excuses
Mon, Apr 28th, 2008 11:03 pm BdST

Dhaka, April 28 (bdnews24.com) – The officials of the Bangladesh Cricket Board said Monday they were dissatisfied with the explanations given by national cricketers of their washout in the Pakistan tour.

The board summoned the team earlier in the day to the BCB corporate office in Gulshan.

"It was not possible for us to agree with some of the excuses they made," said Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu, the chairman of the BCB cricket operation committee.

"We saw every one of the matches on television and found some of the mistakes were committed repeatedly. There should not be any excuses for those kinds of mistakes,' said Lipu, a former national captain, after emerging from the meeting.

A three-member committee, comprising Lipu, Shafiqur Rahman Munna and Ahmed Sazzadul Alam, held a separate meeting with captain Mohammad Ashraful, vice-captain Mashrafee Bin Mortaza and manager Shafiqul Haque Heera.

The BCB officials also quizzed the cricketers splitting them into separate groups.

Coach Jamie Siddons was not available to attend the meeting, as he is on vacation in Australia, but the BCB would speak to him after his return.

On the team's return, following a whitewash in the five-ODI series, Ashraful said he was satisfied with their performance in Pakistan, but he backtracked in the meeting with the board officials.

"We are not in a position to feel satisfied after having scored a mere 200 runs in some games, as we have left those days behind us and should be moving forward," Lipu told the reporters after the meeting.

The BCB officials said no decision on cutting the financial benefits of the players has yet been taken, but they felt that there should be a provision to penalise the players for their poor performance in future.

"They have raised some issues and we will try to solve them. But, we will not allow the players to make the same excuses every time after each failed series,' said Lipu.

Ashraful refused to disclose the issues raised in the meeting, but admitted inexperience was one of the main reasons for performing badly in the series.

Kabir
April 28, 2008, 01:02 PM
Siddons BD te firle ore ulongo kore duita beter bari mara uchit naki? Naki aro beshi mara uchit?

clueless
April 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
after reading the news articles..i think i am feeling bad for Ashraful..bechara..i donno wat BCB said to him..but it seems like he got trashed by the officials..!! even though he is the captain I think the whole team is responsible for thier performance as well..

Murad
April 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
Say no to 'positives'
Sports Reporter

If you were a face-reader you could have easily understood what distress Mohammad Ashraful had just been through. When the Bangladesh skipper emerged from the meeting with top board members at the BCB's Gulshan office yesterday, the 24-year-old wore a look he never before did, even after his team hit lower from lows.

And as he started to talk with the waiting reporters it seemed that the long discussion with three board members -- Gazi Ashraf Hossain, Shafiqur Rahman Munna and Ahmed Sajjadul Alam -- suddenly changed his philosophy, which is obviously looking for positives even when there is none, regarding their recent wretched performance.

"The board arranged the meeting after this Pakistan series as they are very much worried about our recent poor performances. And undoubtedly our performance was not good in the last couple of series," explained Ashraful, who was trying hard to check his emotion.

The Tigers skipper took time when asked whether he still believed that they had played competitive cricket in Pakistan to gain some positives even in a 5-0 whitewash.

"We may have some individual achievements in the series but no doubt as a team our performance was not up to any mark. But we have to play cricket with a positive frame of mind," Ashraful contradicted with his earlier comments when he, upon arrival at the Zia International Airport from Pakistan, said, "We played competitive cricket."

Ashraful however was quick to come up with an excuse when he said that lack of experience was the reason behind the dismal performance.

"I played more than hundred one-day internationals and good number of Test matches, but you have to consider the age while talking about experience. I believe we can reach a standard if the current crop of players play together for a period of time," he said.

The explanation of Ashraf, chairman of the cricket operations committee of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), however made it clear why the Bangladesh captain stopped beating the drum of 'positives'.

"We watched the performance on TV screen that's why we have had the idea about their approach on the field. We made one thing clear that we totally disagreed with their explanation and observations about their poor showing," said Ashraf.

The former national skipper also explained why they sat with the national players. The cricket operations committee met individually with the captain and vice-captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and then had a meeting with the rest of the players as a group.

"This kind of meeting was first since we have taken the responsibility. What we felt is that there was a need for interactions between players and the officials to find a way. We just cannot sit over a disaster after another, rather we have to motivate them by taking necessary actions," said Ashraf.

"I don't believe we can take comfort after putting on only 200 runs on the board. We are not in a stage to think like that," he said when asked whether it was a management decision to find positives even from a worst possible performance.

The board's hard line approach will continue as Ashraf said that they would not be happy with the same explanation when they meet with the players in the next time.

"We are not ready to hear the same old explanations any more," he warned.

Then is it financial punishment that awaits Mohammad Ashraful's men in near future? "It's still an idea but if someone get bonus for good performance then why the same will not face pay cut because of his bad performance. It's a simple logic," was the response of Ashraf.

DailyStar (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=34277)

cricket_pagol
April 28, 2008, 02:16 PM
Say no to 'positives'
Sports Reporter

If you were a face-reader you could have easily understood what distress Mohammad Ashraful had just been through. When the Bangladesh skipper emerged from the meeting with top board members at the BCB's Gulshan office yesterday, the 24-year-old wore a look he never before did, even after his team hit lower from lows

DailyStar (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=34277)

I thought this part was really good...

Pundit
April 28, 2008, 04:13 PM
Siddons BD te firle ore ulongo kore duita beter bari mara uchit naki? Naki aro beshi mara uchit?

I could not envision the sado machoistic fetish around a full naked and bald Siddons getting it from a Messers Kabir.

Eshen
April 28, 2008, 05:54 PM
Is this an appropiate place to talk about this kind of gay fantasy ? I mean this board does not exclusively belong to Chittagonians. More importantly, lots of kids visit this website.

Offcourse, I am joking :)

ehteshamul
April 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
BCB MEETING WITH ASHRAFUL AND OTHER PLAYERS .WHERE IS SIDDONS BHAIYYA ?

It is good to see BCB arranging meeting with the Captain and other team members to hear their side of the story about our team’s debacle in Pakistan.

I am not sure Ashraful is as much to blame as the coach.

Ashraful has all along been saying that it will take a bit of time to fully implement Siddons training methods. It indirectly implied he was not satisfied with his methods or it did not suit his style. I doubt it will ever happen with a batsman of his class who plays by instincts to follow this and that. However having said he has been out irresponsibly – No excuses for that and also batted at the wrong position at whose direction I still do not know.

Under previous coach I remember Ashraful expressed discomfort playing higher up the order and his batting performance lower the order like No5, 6 has been better than Position 3 which he has been doing under Siddons.

BCB should ask Siddons why he played Aftab at No 3 and Ashraful at 4 knowing fully well that they are natural stroke makers and would go for the shots sooner or later which actually happened and also some umpiring decisions went against both of them.

BCB should also ask why does Siddons say negative things to the team. No Coach in the world says that even it may be a fact as it affects the morale of the team.

The Coach should be asked to give a full report on BD’S debacle in Pakistan.

By the way when is Guru Siddons back ?

I have my fingers crossed as to how the meeting of Siddons goes with BCB and how our press and TV media greets and handles him.

I hope Ashraful and his team members and Guru Siddons come out wiser after their meeting with the BCB and move our cricket forward in a positive manner

bujhee kom
April 28, 2008, 10:46 PM

eto tahole ek bhalo khela jome uthbe...

BANFAN
April 29, 2008, 05:44 AM
BCB should continue to put pressure on the players and they shouldn't be allowed to get away showing BC style positives.

It's shocking to consider making 200 runs as a positive factor after 8 years in the test circuit.

MohammedC
April 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2008-04-30__sp02.jpg

Picture says it all courtesy The Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=34422)

Eshen
April 29, 2008, 04:04 PM
Here is the prothom-alo report on BCB-national team meeting - http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=OTYyNjk=&mid=OA==

Those guys are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats, we need a McInnes type taskmaster to get them straight.

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
If you were a face-reader you could have easily understood what distress Mohammad Ashraful had just been through. When the Bangladesh skipper emerged from the meeting with top board members at the BCB's Gulshan office yesterday, the 24-year-old wore a look he never before did, even after his team hit lower from lows.

And as he started to talk with the waiting reporters it seemed that the long discussion with three board members -- Gazi Ashraf Hossain, Shafiqur Rahman Munna and Ahmed Sajjadul Alam -- suddenly changed his philosophy, which is obviously looking for positives even when there is none, regarding their recent wretched performance.

Good to see someone knocking some sense into him.

akabir77
April 29, 2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2008-04-30__sp02.jpg

a good one from Ismam...

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=34422

nasimul
April 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
<TABLE class=engineTable><THEAD><TR class=headlinks><TH class=left noWrap>Player (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=player;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1=0 1+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results; type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>Mat (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=matches;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1= 01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results ;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>Inns (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=innings;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1= 01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results ;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>NO (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=notouts;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1= 01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results ;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>Runshttp://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/down.gif (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=runs;orderbyad=reverse;spanmax1=31+Dec +2100;spanmin1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;t emplate=results;type=batting)</TH><TH class=padAst noWrap>HS (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=high_score;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmi n1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=resu lts;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>Ave (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=batting_average;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;s panmin1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template =results;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>BF (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=balls_faced;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanm in1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=res ults;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>SR (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=batting_strike_rate;spanmax1=31+Dec+21 00;spanmin1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;temp late=results;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>100 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=hundreds;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1 =01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=result s;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>50 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=fifty_plus;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmi n1=01+Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=resu lts;type=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>0 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=ducks;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1=01 +Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;t ype=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>4s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=fours;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1=01 +Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;t ype=batting)</TH><TH noWrap>6s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=7;oppositio n=7;orderby=sixes;spanmax1=31+Dec+2100;spanmin1=01 +Jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;t ype=batting)</TH><TH></TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Shakib Al Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56143.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>192</TD><TD class=padAst>108</TD><TD>38.40</TD><TD>216</TD><TD>88.88</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tamim Iqbal (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56194.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>147</TD><TD class=padAst>63</TD><TD>29.40</TD><TD>178</TD><TD>82.58</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Mahmudullah (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56025.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>130</TD><TD>58*</TD><TD>32.50</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>57.01</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Mashrafe Mortaza (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56007.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>81</TD><TD class=padAst>38</TD><TD>20.25</TD><TD>115</TD><TD>70.43</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Mohammad Ashraful (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/55988.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>81</TD><TD class=padAst>30</TD><TD>16.20</TD><TD>108</TD><TD>75.00</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Dhiman Ghosh (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56208.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>74</TD><TD class=padAst>29</TD><TD>18.50</TD><TD>99</TD><TD>74.74</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Farhad Reza (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/55894.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>61</TD><TD class=padAst>26</TD><TD>12.20</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>70.93</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Aftab Ahmed (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56266.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>57</TD><TD class=padAst>42</TD><TD>11.40</TD><TD>94</TD><TD>60.63</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Abdur Razzak (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56283.html)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>52</TD><TD class=padAst>33</TD><TD>26.00</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>60.46</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Shahriar Nafees (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56153.html)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>28</TD><TD class=padAst>24</TD><TD>9.33</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>66.66</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Raqibul Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56093.html)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD class=padAst>12</TD><TD>12.00</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>30.00</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Shahadat Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/56149.html)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>9*</TD><TD class=padDp2 noWrap>-</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>62.50</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">http://stats.cricinfo.com/navigation/engine-nav/drilldown.gif (javascript:void(0))</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Junaid Siddique (http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/55946.html)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD class=padAst>6</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>28.57</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MohammedC
April 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
Nasimul bhai thanks. So Its Aftab. He is proing he does not have any brain

Eshen
April 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
Aftab and Ashraful both are needed to be given bottle carrying duties for the next series to be taught a lesson.

nasimul
April 29, 2008, 04:50 PM
Only 3 batsmen scored 100+ runs in 5 innings and still they are talking about improvment.

Morpheous
April 29, 2008, 04:51 PM
I was reading the Prothom-Alo report about BCB meetng with the Players. One of the he BCB Members asked One top order batsman how did he do in the Pakistan/ how he would evaluate him self during the series?(His score combine in 5 match was 57)

His answer was he felt really good the way he played and he did his best and he is happy with his performance. So one specific BCB member was baout to fell down from Chair with his response.

I went to Cricinfo and looking at the Stats find out who is that Great batsman.

Yes...u have guessed right...Its Mr Dashing Aftab Ahmed

I guess most of you seen his 3rd odi Reverse sweep out and 5th ODI first ball Cross bat LBW.

I think at this Point Ashraful/Aftab thinks without them BD cricket is stuck....but they need some lesson. Drop them for 1/2 series.

Eshen
April 29, 2008, 05:03 PM
Aftab took his wife with him to Pakistan, right ? May be he was talking about his performance in some other place than in cricket field.

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
Just goes to show that these two have nothing in the upper chamber.

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2008, 05:14 PM
Aftab and Ashraful both are needed to be given bottle carrying duties for the next series to be taught a lesson.
I don't see why the management shouldn't do so on a trial basis. We're obviously not going to do any worse.

Sovik
April 29, 2008, 05:27 PM
just shocking

Sovik
April 29, 2008, 05:33 PM

those two are dumb who could play good looking shots

clueless
April 29, 2008, 06:44 PM
did you guys see Lipu was smiling after the interview..!!! wats was that about..? he literally had a big smile on his face..

Cash$$$
April 29, 2008, 07:22 PM
one can not improve until they believe in themselves and believe that they need an improvement, a change, radical change from inside....win or loss...let's give our 100% best in every game and make Bangladesh proud of us...especially everyone who looks up to us.

Murad
April 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
Lipu er sathe agree hote parlam na..

How can he say age is not matter with experience??

Some boys did play a lot of matches, but they are so young. only in their early 20s.

Amader team er player der experience er sathe boyosh ta o ekta factor... Boyosher sathei shob kichu change hoi. Olpo boyoshe ekta player onek dhur aagiye gele o tar majhe childish ekta vabh thekei jai.. ota shohoje jai na..unless he becomes 25/26 yrs old.

Lipu jei vabhe boltese.. i think more new young players will be coming in near future.

kalpurush
April 29, 2008, 08:01 PM
just shocking
Whoever he is needs one of that...;)
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/shock.gif

al Furqaan
April 29, 2008, 09:02 PM
i guess if it was that easy to find "tendulkar" india wouldn't have needed 60+ years in the int'l arena to find him. both hopeful (that we might find a good player in the future) and sad (that ash and aftab are wasting their skills on insane complacency).

Gowza
April 29, 2008, 09:24 PM
well ashraful talent wise is a tendulkar imo, if he grew up in another test nation his career might have looked alot different, but we'll never know. however i agree it's definitely not easy to find players with that much talent but bangladesh has shown it's just as difficult to develop them into world class players. but bangladesh don't need a tendulkar, they just need a group of players who perform solidly by world standards. look at new zealand, they've had some really good players but atm they really don't have any greats but they can still hold there own pretty consistently against the top teams.

sunny747
April 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
I read it too..very frustrating ....... i guess they are having problem in mind....no toughness . We get embarrassed watching them playing cricket, they should feel horrible playing like that.
I don't see any commitment or hunger to win. They are happy the way it is going. We are facing problem of having too many kids in the team. They have got what they want. World class couch, money, facilities, match practice ...then what's the problem... really!!
i'm sure if kenya was given all these facilities , they could have been one of the best. They have passion and love for cricket.

I'm trying to figure out..what is lacking in our team? All they are saying , they need time.......now..how much "time" is "time"? it's been so many years....

The players are saying that they are having problem in getting used to of the new format which is set by the couch. Now, how tough is the new format?

they should accept the fact that they are playing bad. Instead they are happy with their performance. And trying to explain how great they played in Pakistan.

i'm beginning to wonder, do they really understand cricket?

Arnab
April 29, 2008, 10:06 PM
They are getting paid way too much money by Bangladeshi standards.

PoorFan
April 29, 2008, 11:59 PM
These bunch of losers need couple of months military baby sitting ( I mean it ) , totally isolated from family and friends. Someone needs to crash down their mindset, needs to teach them how to assess own self. Its disgusting to see ( repeatedly ) how they feel OK in a losing state, while 'young tag' no longer match on their a$$ and instead they should chorus 'we sucks' before every time they sleep, eat, wake up, and so on.

jeesh
April 30, 2008, 07:25 AM
There was a cult like culture when Richard McIness took over the duty of our Under 19 team. His approach was novel and ideal for the development of Bangladesh cricket. I remember reading an interview of a player (Cant remember name) who used to call home and cry because the camp was so difficult. Initially most of the players had a very difficult time adjusting to McIness's tough routine, but eventually it paid off. I was terribly dissapointed when McIness was not even considered for Assistant Coach for the BD team. In my opinion for half the cost he could have done a better job than Siddons.
Now i am not writing off Siddons yet, but this is the approach i hope Siddons takes. The approach of Shaun Williams will never work- and i hope Siddons realizes this.

Kabir
April 30, 2008, 10:31 AM
Aftab took his wife with him to Pakistan, right ? May be he was talking about his performance in some other place than in cricket field.

Now obvioiusly your voyeur-ish nature could come up with a response like that.

Did you actually see him do something? ;)

Obviously...I'm joking.

auntu
April 30, 2008, 11:02 AM

lol

crikfreak
April 30, 2008, 12:16 PM
i don't get it with these players.. how can they be satisfied after a series like that?? do they not care about cricket?? or our self respect?? i really wonder..

when will they grow up?? they don't even try to improve.. thats what makes the whole thing so pathetic.. i hope they get penalised for this kind of performance.. i wanna see some improvement..

auntu
April 30, 2008, 12:34 PM

eita ki dhoroner kotha holo? :sick:

meazz1
April 30, 2008, 12:55 PM
these players also should be penalized for stupid cheap comments to the media.
Bunch of losers!!!

clueless
May 1, 2008, 12:10 AM
they made a mistake...we shud cut them some slack!!! we are restless to make judgements on others...bhul kortai paare!!

thebest
May 1, 2008, 08:33 AM
Aftab is one of my fav. But if an average of 11.4 he considered satisfying than he has no business within 100 meter of national team. BCB should summarily sack him and call Golla, Pilot at least they try

sadhat
May 1, 2008, 05:39 PM
Boisha Boisha taka khawar din shes!!!

ehteshamul
May 7, 2008, 05:11 AM
BCB finally jaagse.. mone hoi YABA khawa chere diyese :-D

They are going to question the Coach, Captain, Chief Selector and the Manager for the bad performances since the NZ tour. They want to know what is the reason behind the downfall. They have been quiet for long time but now they are saying this is the right time to take decisions before things goes out of control.

They will call Ashraful within 2/3 days. They will also call some senior players from the team to talk about the bad performances.

They are also taking some decisions against the players (eg. BONUS CUT) on April 27th Board meeting.

1. Players will lose 50% off the bonus if they lose a match.
2. If they can win a match against top 3 teams, then the bonus amount will be tripled.
3. A player will lose around half of the match fees if plays bad.

Seems like they heard T_E. They are going to do what T_E suggested. Congrats TE. You are the BEST. :up: Deikhen abar beshi fuila jabenna..;)

Bektigoto Noi, Ebar Dolgoto Match Fee Korton (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=93932)

UPDATE - PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF BCB WITH PLAYERS, CAPTAIN, COACH

It is an excellent thread.

What is the result of performance analysis of BCB with Players, Captain?

Has the Coach returned from vacation?

Any update of what action plan BCB has chalked out.

I did not notice anything of late in the Internet version of The daily Star which normally highlights these things.

I have my fingers crossed on BCBs' next course of action .

clueless
May 7, 2008, 05:20 PM
i think BCB is under scrutiny..i have a feeling CWAB trashed the members of BCB for making no reforms..i donno how much successful is current BCB but i am sure Mahbubul Anam wudnt have been able to do great either..we have to remember how easily we can critisize the managment but i am sure theres is a lot of pressure on them too..and BCB officals are not getting paid..i think they shud get paid something to add a little boost to thier work.!!