PDA

View Full Version : Khodhabox Mridha speaks in urdu!

djnaved
April 23, 2008, 01:17 PM
http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=66392

:-|

Tigers_eye
April 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
Either 1) He was duped.
or 2) His English was terrible hense the Latif didn't understand.

This is a very insignificant matter to me.

Kabir
April 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
So?

Baundule
April 23, 2008, 02:12 PM
Khodabox has been fooled. Strangely, Pakis expect us to speak Urdu with them. I do not know the reason behind the build up of such attitude. Many Bangladeshis speak Urdu with them, while many simply deny that they know Urdu.

I feel, Khodabox should have been more reluctant to the request of the Match refree.

akabir77
April 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
Khodabox has been fooled. Strangely, Pakis expect us to speak Urdu with them. I do not know the reason behind the build up of such attitude. Many Bangladeshis speak Urdu with them, while many simply deny that they know Urdu.

I feel, Khodabox should have been more reluctant to the request of the Match refree.

I think the problem with hindi and indians more than Urdu and pakistanis. but in both cases they do exists...

RezOne
April 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
I personally refuse to speak urdu. It's not like I'm in Pakistan so there's no justification in my mind to conversate in urdu. I''ve met a few Pakistani people who speak some Bangla because at some point they were in Bangladesh. In general I just speak in English and if someone doesn't like that than so be it.

ammark
April 23, 2008, 02:43 PM
Well its an international tournament, the point in a pre-match coin toss presentation to communicate. I dont think Khodabox is at fault here, especially given the match referee's go ahead. Its to the pakistani players' "discredit" that he cant speak english. Rashid Latif was another character who'd never do his presentation comments in a language other than Urdu!

Khodabox has been fooled. Strangely, Pakis expect us to speak Urdu with them. I do not know the reason behind the build up of such attitude.

I've come across this attitude as well and it sure is a possibility he was duped. I still wouldnt condemn Khodabox for his naivete.

Kabir
April 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
I think we're an emotional bunch. By nature, we have the "bhasha-andolon" in our blood. I too don't like it when people start talking to me in hindi, urdu, gujrati, etc. etc. etc. without me knowing them. But if I know them, for fun I like trying to speak their language, just like I do for the French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese. But when I don't know them, and they take it for granted that I can speak their language, I feel insulted - just like I felt insulted when the Quebecans kept speaking to me in French even though they knew English and refused to speak English with me.

In this case, I find Ammar's response quite satisfactory.

PS: I do think that this thread is an FC thread.

mali007
April 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
Do you expect in pakistan some body would speak BENGALI with Ashraful ---- NO WAY !!!

Kabir
April 23, 2008, 03:11 PM
Do you expect in pakistan some body would speak BENGALI with Ashraful ---- NO WAY !!!

Exactly what I said - we're a bunch of emotional people...because "bhasha andolon" is in our blood. I don't blame it.

But let me ask you this - would you expect the New Jersey's coach to speak to you in Bengali? The British ruled us for 200 years. Are we emotional about English and French and other languages in the same way?

akabir77
April 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
when they ask me do u know hindi/urdu? i say yes only one

"Suor key bachey" lolo

sayem
April 23, 2008, 05:14 PM
This might not relate to this topic, BUT, Urdu is one of the most elegant and beautiful language in the world and its very very different to hindi. I am fortunate to learn it through my Tabla Ustad..Its a language of poetry and very clean and As South Asians, We all should have some knowledge of different languages of this region.

simon
April 24, 2008, 04:17 AM
I think its ok because Mridha started asking in english & as Pak captain couldnt understand english( no wonder becse even Sh Malk cant speak well) he had to say urdu ( its not urdu but Hindi because bangalis cant speak urdu but hindi because of Bollywood)
Even I think our crcktrs speak urdu(hindi) with Pak players becse Pak dont understand English that well & many of our crcktrs speak hindi better than English.
So never mind

Baundule
April 24, 2008, 06:49 AM
I think the problem with hindi and indians more than Urdu and pakistanis. but in both cases they do exists...
akabir bhai, it relates our language movement in 1952, nothing else. Otherwise, why on earth we'll go for disliking a foreign language?

problem with hindi, english, banglish etc. is of a different category.

BANFAN
April 24, 2008, 07:38 AM
This might not relate to this topic, BUT, Urdu is one of the most elegant and beautiful language in the world and its very very different to hindi. I am fortunate to learn it through my Tabla Ustad..Its a language of poetry and very clean and As South Asians, We all should have some knowledge of different languages of this region.

Where had you been in 52? This view could have saved millions of lives.

Anything unknown - has the ability to inspire fear or romanticism, depends on one's perception. Urdu is as much poetic a language as BD cricketers are loaded with tallents. :)

All urdu poets (There are not many) who have done a little better in that language, is more persian than urdu. Your tabalchi must be good for learning tabla, but language ! I am sorry, I would prefer some one of that field. Go to CHT, Even the Chakmas and Pankhus will claim their own language to be poetic, every one does say the same with their own language.

Urdu is just the official language adopted after the independance. Even None of the Pak provinces speak Urdu. Copying words and expressions from Khoiam, Rumi, Hafiz etc etc and putting it into Hindi format does not make a praise worthy language.

Eshen
April 24, 2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=66392

:-|
The report said Khalid Latif led Pakistan U/19 team this year in Malaysia and he spoke fluently in English during the tournament. How that can be when Latif is 22+ years old ???

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/41046.html

The captain of Pakistan U/19 team in the tournament was Imad Wasim, a British by birth.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/227758.html

This is just poor journalism.

makorsha
April 24, 2008, 10:12 AM
The report said Khalid Latif led Pakistan U/19 team this year in Malaysia and he spoke fluently in English during the tournament. How that can be when Latif is 22+ years old ???

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/41046.html

The captain of Pakistan U/19 team in the tournament was Imad Wasim, a British by birth.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/227758.html

This is just poor journalism.

I think it was khoda's poetic english that the captain failed to understand...
or may be his accent..who knows..
agree with everone in this thread..
the bhasa andolon..the beauty of a language etc..
and the atttitude of people..
I think this is the only thread I found in BC that every one is alright..
3 cheers for BC

crikfreak
April 24, 2008, 11:38 AM
I think this is the only thread I found in BC that every one is alright..
3 cheers for BC

hip hip.. hurray!!

i completely agree.. urdu is a nice language.. but then.. why does khodhabox have to speak in urdu??.. imagine a pakistani commentator speaking to ashraful in BENGALI in pakistan if he can't understand english.. i don't see that happening..