PDA

View Full Version : Harbhajan slaps Sreesanth!

bdchamp20
April 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
I just saw some breaking news on an Indian channel, there are reports of an incident during the Mumbai v Punjab IPL match where Harbhajan Singh apparently slapped Sreesanth, Yuvraj Singh describes it as an 'ugly incident', apparently Sreesanth was seen crying after the occurence, anyone has any additional info?

akabir77
April 25, 2008, 03:19 PM
thats the picture i want to see

Kabir
April 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
:floor:

I really wanna see the pic...I'll pay to get that pic too :floor:

Yasin
April 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
nowayyyyy... if theres any truth in that incident then IPL just gives you more reasons to get addicted to it.

MohammedC
April 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Harbajan slaps Sreesanth.

:lol:

MohammedC
April 25, 2008, 03:45 PM
Is that why he was crying

http://www.bhejacry.com/bhejacryex.php?l=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZH_bVqDDfA

Nocturnal
April 25, 2008, 03:51 PM
:floor:

I really wanna see the pic...I'll pay to get that pic too :floor:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pg39c-T5iyg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pg39c-T5iyg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:floor::floor:

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
Sree needs to fix his problem with Brett Lee and Sangakkara. If he is that much jealous of them from hugging Pretty then he needs to learn how run fast and get to her first. Bunch of sissies.

Yasin
April 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
Did they hug Priety too? Good I didnt see it - or else I would be in Srees place:D:D

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2008, 03:56 PM
Did they hug Priety too? Good I didnt see it - or else I would be in Srees place:D:D
Watch the youtube video.

Yasin
April 25, 2008, 04:01 PM
Watch the youtube video.

No Tigers_eye bro. Suicide is forbidden :-p Wont be able to watch it :mad:

tonoy
April 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
>_>

Sovik
April 25, 2008, 04:09 PM
The Indian Premier League faced its first on-field controversy with allegations that Harbhajan Singh hit Sreesanth, his India team-mate and IPL rival, after Friday's match between the Kings XI Punjab and the Mumbai Indians in Mohali. While Yuvraj Singh, Sreesanth's captain, said Harbhajan had apologised after the incident, it remains to be seen how the IPL will handle it as a disciplinary issue.

Full Story>> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/347604.html)

Its sad. Sreeshanth is a very emotional guy.

MohammedC
April 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.bhejacry.com/bhejacryex.php?l=http://www.dipvid.com/view_video.php?viewkey=d6c19003667a44747558

Watch this clip from 4 minute on wards.
Harbajan congratulates Sangakara then walks away. Sanga looks over cameraman's shoulder as something has happened.

Miraz
April 25, 2008, 05:08 PM
Harbhajan should get exemplary punishment for the incident.

Physical abuse has no place in cricket.

Fazal
April 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
Harbhajan should get exemplary punishment for the incident.

Physical abuse has no place in cricket.

Well it's up to these players and BCCI. No?

BCB and Ashraful set up the standard, and most of us accpeted it without any protest. Now do we really have any say what should BCCI do or don't? We had our chance to set an example, we didn't beacuse Ash is a superstar in Bangladesh. So is harbi in India in some sense.

Miraz
April 25, 2008, 05:57 PM
Well it's up to these players and BCCI. No?

BCB and Ashraful set up the standard, and most of us accpeted it without any protest. Now do we really have any say what should BCCI do or don't? We had our chance to set an example, we didn't beacuse Ash is a superstar in Bangladesh. So is harbi in India in some sense.

Two incidents are completely different.

In Ashraful's case it was after a practice session, not a cricket match and didn't involve any opposition player.

ialbd
April 25, 2008, 07:16 PM
are bechara ke ekdom thapray kanday dise.....

bhaji is indeed the "Bad Boy" of India....

Murad
April 25, 2008, 09:02 PM
hahaha

that was funny.

harbajhan punched him under his eye.. and he started crying like a baby... :floor:

al-Sagar
April 25, 2008, 09:29 PM
harbhajan is very much pumped up since the symonds incident in AUS.

he was vert much HOT and and about to burst in these games and he finally did it when he slapped sreesanth.

if it is true i am not surprised as i was expecting something like such to happen.

Omio
April 25, 2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCFSqVYr5w8

nak diye pani portese..

cricket_dorshok
April 25, 2008, 09:57 PM
sob to kannar drisso. slap marar pic ta nai!

OZGOD
April 25, 2008, 11:03 PM
I don't think either of them came out looking remotely good. Sree is out of control, but so is Harby. I am not 100% certain that Harby called Symmo a monkey back in Sydney (not that I agree with it being reported).

In a way, Harby responded the way I would respond to someone who said something that really bothered me - by first warning Sree not to do it again (if the HT article that said that Harby had warned Sree before the game to cut out the sledging or get a punch in the face is true) and secondly by slapping him in the mouth after the game. If Sree wants to sledge, fine - but he has to be prepared to back up his words and attitude if necessary, not cry like a little girl who's had her lollipop taken away lol. The way he was crying, I thought someone in his family had passed away. What a wusso!

That said, Harby needs to chill out. He's way too easy to stir up. I don't know how Sree's childish antics could have remotely offended anyone. I would have just laughed at him making a fool of himself. It's not like Sree insulted his mum or his race or anything like that. Besides, Harby does a fair bit of sledging himself.

So EPIC FAIL for both. :D

AsifTheManRahman
April 25, 2008, 11:52 PM
Where's all the cheap, classless aggression now, Sreesanth? What a cry baby.

al Furqaan
April 26, 2008, 12:11 AM
shows that harby and sree are both classless cricketers.

bharat
April 26, 2008, 12:15 AM
BCCI should show some spine and ban Harbachan for a good period of time.Sledging is one thing and hitting someone (be it a player or a fan) is another.Anything less than a couple of years I guess is less ...I would go for a life ban.Players are crossing their line too often ..first Shoib ( who got away with a some small fine) ..then to a lesser extent Ash ( who otherwise is such a mild and a decent guy) and now Harbachan.I guess too much money and ego is getting into these guys...

India can do without this 'weed' or prick ..I hope BCCI bans this guy for good.In a frenzy to emulate the Aussies India is learning the bad from them instead of the good .

GuruTM
April 26, 2008, 12:23 AM
So Harbhajan joined Ashraful in that club in quick succession. Looks like my favorite players are very good at slapping other people.

As for Sree, he needs to check his passport again to make sure his age and gender. (s)he sure can cry like a small kid.

'The Aussies should be worried I am coming' - Sreesanth. What a joker. Someone slaps him and he starts crying! :bravo:

Fazal
April 26, 2008, 01:38 AM
Two incidents are completely different.

In Ashraful's case it was after a practice session, not a cricket match and didn't involve any opposition player.

If any one wants to see that, every incident can be portrait as different. Two incident cannot be same for any case, you can find something different.

In my mind, when a player hits a fan or vice versa its much more serious crime than when a player hits a player. Plus when the incident happens outside the game, its more criminal act than when it happens within the game. I don't know how they thread these two kinds in UK but thats the way they threat it here in USA. Hitting a pfan by a player or vice versa is a BIG NO NO in USA.

Tintin
April 26, 2008, 01:47 AM
In a way, Harby responded the way I would respond to someone who said something that really bothered me - by first warning Sree not to do it again (if the HT article that said that Harby had warned Sree before the game to cut out the sledging or get a punch in the face is true) and secondly by slapping him in the mouth after the game.

How does that justify Harbhajan's actions ? If it is alright slap an opponent player for sledging, all the Australian players and most of the Indian players would be hitting each other after every match. There is a certain line within which the players have to stay while playing the game - whether we like it or not, sledging is within it, and as far as I can understand, Sreesanth did nothing unusual, and certainly did not do anything barbaric comparable to what Harbhajan did in Australia.

Harbhajan should be send for a long holiday away from the game. Whether the BCCI will do anything because of politics and money is a different question.

scoilaheez
April 26, 2008, 02:19 AM
Harbajan is a loser, he is unneccessarily confrontational and oversteps the mark way too much. Hitting an opposition player is totally unacceptable. Seriously, if Sreesanth was CRYING then something serious had to have happened! No mere apology can cure the situation, he should be heavily fined and suspended for months. Compare hitting another player to what Shoiab said about the PCB... even though Shoiab's penalty was way too harsh, Harbajhan's actions are much worse.

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 02:46 AM
So Harbhajan joined Ashraful in that club in quick succession. Looks like my favorite players are very good at slapping other people.

The incident of Ash and Bhaji, is not same relly.

It is even much more severe than the incident of Shoaib.

Kabir
April 26, 2008, 09:05 AM

Ashraful's one was equally wrong. Slapping a fan and slapping your team mate, both related to your game, and both related to cricket.

I failed to capture your logic.

Miraz
April 26, 2008, 09:10 AM
If any one wants to see that, every incident can be portrait as different. Two incident cannot be same for any case, you can find something different.

In my mind, when a player hits a fan or vice versa its much more serious crime than when a player hits a player. Plus when the incident happens outside the game, its more criminal act than when it happens within the game. I don't know how they thread these two kinds in UK but thats the way they threat it here in USA. Hitting a pfan by a player or vice versa is a BIG NO NO in USA.

There is a basic difference between practice session and official cricket match.

I am no way supporting Ash's action and I denounce his act, but the circumstances are different here.

Kabir
April 26, 2008, 09:13 AM
Like as if we don't know the circumstances under which both the things happened.

The question is not about the circumstances. The question is, is it wrong or not. And the answer is, both are equally wrong.

Ajfar
April 26, 2008, 09:29 AM
oma ek chor kheye kadte kadte sesh...ami schoole koto beeter bare kailam..chok dia to pani ase nai...

Protic
April 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
Listen to this guys..

Sreesanth PROPOSING to indian bollywood star priyanka chopra..

Download (http://d.indiafm.com/audio/08/priyanka.mp3)

thebest
April 26, 2008, 10:54 AM
There is a basic difference between practice session and official cricket match.

I am no way supporting Ash's action and I denounce his act, but the circumstances are different here.
Sorry Miraz Vai,
could not agree. Hitting a fan is more heinous crime than hitting a player; hitting after practice is more heinous than in match. Harby hit Sres in the heat of the moment while in Ash's case it is premeditated as if he decided who call him ' Vua ' he would hit him. We should just keep our mouth shut because we sat a very bad precedence. Don't be surprised players start to hit other fans if some fan bad mouth. Because they know they could get away with it by paying some monetary penalty. BCB could do nothing as there is precedence of Ash.

Dhruvo
April 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
this is so not sportsmanship,harbajan singh was never a good sportsman i saw him trying to make tamim fall off when he was taking a run in the wc match,he is a cheap sportsman.

ripon
April 26, 2008, 11:09 AM
haha now thats funny!

Murad
April 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
Ashraful's case is a lot different that this case.

That fan touched ASrhaful. He pulled Ash's jersey from the back and put his hand on Ash's shoulder. Then Ash slapped him.

Miraz
April 26, 2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry Miraz Vai,
could not agree. Hitting a fan is more heinous crime than hitting a player; hitting after practice is more heinous than in match. Harby hit Sres in the heat of the moment while in Ash's case it is premeditated as if he decided who call him ' Vua ' he would hit him. We should just keep our mouth shut because we sat a very bad precedence. Don't be surprised players start to hit other fans if some fan bad mouth. Because they know they could get away with it by paying some monetary penalty. BCB could do nothing as there is precedence of Ash.

Agreed to your core point.

IMO, the cases are different and I am not judging which one is more severe compared to the other.

Morally, hitting a fan after a practice session is defnitely more heinous crime compared to hitting a player, but legally, hitting a player in an official cricket match will bring more serious consequences. And that's what I am trying to point out here.

I hope you understand.

Rabz
April 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
I saw on tele last night when Sree was crying.
I thought he was just overjoyed with the emotion of winning!

Now looks like we got some juicy story in our hand.
ha ha....

two (eventual) team mates hitting each other for a club game.
Wonder what would be the "team harmony" when they play with each other against other countries!

btw, both of them are annoying in my books.
so my two cents...carry on.

Sovik
April 26, 2008, 01:12 PM
i wonder what will aussie media will make out of this

Eshen
April 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
Harbhajan suspended from IPL

Mumbai/Mohali (PTI): Temperamental off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was on Thursday suspended pending his explanation for slapping his Indian teammate S Sreesanth at the end of an IPL match at Mohali on Friday night and appears headed for a severe punishment which can be a minimum of a ban for five Test matches or 10 one-day internationals.

Full Report (http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200804262241.htm)

Nafi
April 26, 2008, 01:22 PM
Listen to this guys..

Sreesanth PROPOSING to indian bollywood star priyanka chopra..

Download (http://d.indiafm.com/audio/08/priyanka.mp3)

woah, she's way outta his league, I mean come on, Sreesanth aint no chad michael murray or brad pitt, Sreesanth puts on all that macho ism, he's very fake and childish like his spinner counterpart.

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry Miraz Vai,

Defintely disrespect or disregarding the fans, is more serious an offence. Specially today, it is the fans money that runs the game.

Hitting a players after the match, infront of the fans, is a multiple offense. 'Disrespecting the fans and hitting a player. That's why legally it's more serious. That player and his team has a fan following, it's an insult to them all. etc etc

I am not defending any one's action, but severity matters.

sunny747
April 26, 2008, 02:54 PM
both the slapper and slapee are stupid.

Eshen
April 26, 2008, 03:01 PM
Sreesanth got slapped, Harbhajan got banned - both of them had it coming for a long time.

MohammedC
April 26, 2008, 03:05 PM
Guys what if this is just a set up by Lalit Modi to make IPL more interesting. Did you see after slapping incident (which was not filmed) Harbajan went towards Lalit Modi and Shook his hand. Something is fishy somewhere

Eshen
April 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
I am not complaining if Modi had staged this incident, it's simply priceless to watch Sreesanth crying like a little girl :D

Yameen
April 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
Guys what if this is just a set up by Lalit Modi to make IPL more interesting. Did you see after slapping incident (which was not filmed) Harbajan went towards Lalit Modi and Shook his hand. Something is fishy somewhere

No chance, that would have made it more obvious in that case..

Fazal
April 26, 2008, 04:54 PM
Ashraful's case is a lot different that this case.

That fan touched ASrhaful. He pulled Ash's jersey from the back and put his hand on Ash's shoulder. Then Ash slapped him.

That is the infamous Shomokal version. They always come up with news with extra spice. There were other versions that doesn't support that.

Personally I don't buy this version.

Fans who still doesn't get it and always thinks its someone else's fault for every Ash's mishaps will believe that.,,, there will always be a Kestoi beta to take the blame.

Its really pathetic how some fans still try to justify Ash pathetic act. That itself is simply pathetic.

Fazal
April 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
Morally, hitting a fan after a practice session is defnitely more heinous crime compared to hitting a player, but legally, hitting a player in an official cricket match will bring more serious consequences. And that's what I am trying to point out here.

I am not sure about that. atleast not in USA. Thats what I am trying to tell you. Legally if a fight broke withing players, League take action, usually it doesn't go beyond that. But if a fight breaks between Fan and Player, its go beyond legaue legally its considered as assault like any other case. Plus League take additional action. Therefore in USA its more legally serious and complexed if there is a fight between Player and Fan.

btw both happened within the stadium compound.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 26, 2008, 05:58 PM
Much deserved by Sreesanth. Maybe he'll now learn to act like an adult. Sree's no saint. I am not saddened at all by the incident. I still can't believe he was crying like a baby in national tv. Must have been a hard slap.

Alien
April 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
An assault is an assault. This is no different from Shoaib Akhtar hitting the other guy (forgot his name) except that guy didn't start howling in front of a packed stadium.

Murad
April 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
That is the infamous Shomokal version. They always come up with news with extra spice. There were other versions that doesn't support that.

Personally I don't buy this version.

Fans who still doesn't get it and always thinks its someone else's fault for every Ash's mishaps will believe that.,,, there will always be a Kestoi beta to take the blame.

Its really pathetic how some fans still try to justify Ash pathetic act. That itself is simply pathetic.

Yes we are so pathetic. We are so dumb. We know nothing.

But you are so great. You are so smart. You know everything.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

But Mr Smart, you don't have to show us everytime that you are the smartest man here, who knows everything OK? Thank You!

Nafis_BD
April 26, 2008, 09:55 PM
Well Harbhajan should get punished for it and to some extent I guess Sreesanth deserved it too but still Harbhajan shouldn't have done that. I am hoping for justice.

I am really curious though.......... was the slap really that hard or is Sreesanth very emotional. Or was that more than a slap?

OZGOD
April 27, 2008, 01:38 AM
How does that justify Harbhajan's actions ? If it is alright slap an opponent player for sledging, all the Australian players and most of the Indian players would be hitting each other after every match. There is a certain line within which the players have to stay while playing the game - whether we like it or not, sledging is within it, and as far as I can understand, Sreesanth did nothing unusual, and certainly did not do anything barbaric comparable to what Harbhajan did in Australia.

Harbhajan should be send for a long holiday away from the game. Whether the BCCI will do anything because of politics and money is a different question.

It doesn't - but to be fair to Harby, he did warn Sreesanth that he was going to smack him one if he continued his nonsense, and Sreesanth continued his nonsense, so he got smacked one. The only thing I'd have done differently is to wait till both teams were back in the sheds, then I'd have challenged Sree to put up his fists or get slapped. Then when all parties had gotten the macho BS out of the system with a couple of black eyes all round, shake hands and go for a beer. End of story!

bdchamp20
April 27, 2008, 07:41 AM
Most people if they got slapped and felt emotional wouldn't come out to the field in the first place instead they'd sit inside the locker room, classic Sreesanth just trying to get the spotlight and exaggerate the situation...I dont like either of the players, so I dont care how long Harbhajan is banned for, hopefully Sreesanth will also get penalised for trying to make the situation worse

BANFAN
April 27, 2008, 10:41 AM
He got it on the field I guess.

Any way who is the captain of MI today?

crikfreak
April 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am really curious though.......... was the slap really that hard or is Sreesanth very emotional. Or was that more than a slap?

i don't think sree cried because of how hard the slap was.. come on.. he couldn't have cried because the slap hurt his precious skin.. he cried because of the insult.. rite?? i think its more sensible to cry for the insult rather than coz it hurt..
GOD!! he was crying like a 2 year old baby.. he seriously needs to get a hold on himself.. half of me wanted to burst out laughing.. the other half wanted to feel sorry for sreeshanth..

i want harbajan to get punished properly.. frankly speaking i don't like any of these players much.. so whatever happens.. i just want to see justice..

btw what exactly did sree say to bhajji??

Shobha
April 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
i think sree just wanted to make a song and dance about it in front of the cameras, that's why he started crying..:-|
but harbhajan needs to calm down what a clown..check this out:

BHAJJI ON THE BACKFOOT

In 1997-98 Harbhajan was fined 50 per cent of match fee and given a one-match suspension for abusing Ricky Pointing.

In 2001-02 he was fined 75 per cent of match fee and again one-match suspension for showing dissent at umpire's decision and attempting to intimidate him.
In 2002-03 he was fined 50 per cent of his match fee for using abusive and foul language against the umpire.
Earlier this year he was fined 50 per cent of match fees for using obscene language against Andrew Symonds. However, he was cleared off charges of racially abusing him.

Alien
April 27, 2008, 08:15 PM
We are talking about two individuals that have serious problems. Harbhajan is what Hayden rightly described as "obnoxious weed". He has serious attitude problems.

On the other hand we have Sreesanth who has serious attitude + mental problems. He should be playing for Pabna Mental XI instead of Punjab XI.

Put these 2 together and you get entertainment unprecedented in the history of kirket.

Banglatiger84
April 28, 2008, 12:01 AM
Harbajhan is a nutcase, however if someone asked me which player I would want at the end of such a slap, I would always say Sreesanth, because he is extremely annoying :lol:

BangladeshFan
April 28, 2008, 06:59 AM
haha that is funny.

harbajan kept shaking hands with players, when it came to sreesanth, he just slapped him. LOL

and then sreesanth kept crying like a boy.......

and preity zinta completely oblivious of what happened kept hugging with the players....

this is IPL(Indian Pandemonium league) lol.

Kabir
April 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
I was watching this show last night at my in-law. Shahrukh Khan was there with all IPL teams I guess...only the desi players (indian and pak players). Sreesanth was called to the stage, and he was asked to dance...did a very nice job I must say. Seeing that, I was impressed. Couldn't help but notice that Bhaji was smiling and all.

Was this show after the fact, or before?

bharat
April 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
I am happy with the swift action taken by BCCI, even though the two guys seemed to have patched up I think BCCI should punish the guilty severely...no kid gloves stuff in here

Rabz
April 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
Sreesanth got slapped, Harbhajan got banned - both of them had it coming for a long time.

:floor::floor:

Best one liner in a long time mate.

Very well put.

al Furqaan
April 28, 2008, 02:02 PM
sreesanth is a very immature and childish, albeit talented player. bhajji is an arrogant swine, and this is not his first incident. IMO, sree was only guilty of crying like a 4 year old girl. sure he was sledging, but thats a part of sport. so long as you keep mothers and sisters and wives, out of sledging...you need to be able to take it, especially if you lost like bhajji did.

bhajii is india's shoaib akhtar.

Cash$$$
April 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
I was watching this show last night at my in-law. Shahrukh Khan was there with all IPL teams I guess...only the desi players (indian and pak players). Sreesanth was called to the stage, and he was asked to dance...did a very nice job I must say. Seeing that, I was impressed. Couldn't help but notice that Bhaji was smiling and all.

Was this show after the fact, or before?

that was long time ago, when pak came to play india in india...srk entertained every1...

Sree said in an interview that he considers Bhajji his elder brother and doesn't mind the slap.... I like that..good spirit.

cricket_pagol
April 28, 2008, 02:34 PM
I don't understand what provoked Bhaji to slap Sreesanth... does anyone have any info?

Protic
April 28, 2008, 03:59 PM
After the loss..sreesanth went to him and said HARD LUCK..next time and chuckled..maybe that seemed too sarcastic to harbhajan..

ppdj
April 28, 2008, 05:56 PM
i think Harbhajan is little hot-tempered, thats why he can't control his actions

Kabir
April 28, 2008, 11:04 PM
that was long time ago, when pak came to play india in india...srk entertained every1...

Sree said in an interview that he considers Bhajji his elder brother and doesn't mind the slap.... I like that..good spirit.

Lol. Thanks for the news.

Thappor khaiya he's considering him as his elder brother. If he got kicked, he would've called Bhajji his grand-father.

Alien
April 29, 2008, 08:52 AM
Sreesanth was called to the stage, and he was asked to dance

I bet he looked like Prabhu Deva doing his "Muqabala" dance.

Anyway, this is the guy India went through all that drama threatening boycotts, defending his integrity during Australia tour. And now look what happens.

News came in, that slap will cost Harbhajan $600, 000 for missing out on remainder of the IPL. He will only get $100,000. This should probably go down in Guinness Book of World Record as the most expensive slap ever.

Sovik
April 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
This should probably go down in Guinness Book of World Record as the most expensive slap ever.

ha ha

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
Behaviour during Tests 'was not great' (http://usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/347912.html)

Umpire rapped for Sreesanth remarks (http://usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/347945.html)

Make your own judgments. Cricketing parasites, as I like to call them.

Cash$$$
April 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
I bet if any OZ player did this.....nothing would have happened...just like nothing happened to symonds even after he cursed at harbhajan...our tamim or aftab would probably not even talk back but atleast bhajji stood up.......us Asians always have this inferiority complex. Like our BD team can do without a foreign coach. I don't think it was fair to ban him for the entire tournament, especially after he apologized and sreesanth accepted his apology.

Tehsin
April 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
Growing pains. :)

Just couple of talented players letting the fame, the money, and media hype get to them. Seriously, who did not see this coming ? If BCCI had been true to themselves and put a leash on these two players (when they needed to), this incident could have been avoided. Instead, BCCI stood behind their childish antics both on and off the field. Money can't FIX everything.

auntu
April 30, 2008, 01:09 PM
Wow now they r slapping own guys!!!

Heydon n lee should have a great smile..

Kabir
May 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
So what's the update?

Did Sreesanth forgive Harbhajan for the slap? Or is he looking for a chance to take a "thapporer bodla thappor"?

Fazal
May 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
Kiss Kiss hug hug All is forgotten....

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/82100/82115.jpg

now they are happy couple again...

Kabir
May 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
Lol...when was this taken?

Sovik
May 14, 2008, 07:02 AM
BCCI bans Harbhajan for five ODIs (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/350990.html)
any further instance of misconduct will invoke a life-ban

Bengaliprince176
May 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
i saw this on tv, very saddening event. my opinion:

Harbhajan: I have lost a lot of respect for him, i knew he was aggresive, slightly arrogant and obnoxious, but i always gave him benefit, because he played with a great sense of pride, and he wanted to win, which im sure any supporter is pleased to see any player have this attitude! However, slapping a team mate, because of some sledging? Slapping because of a loss, its a game after all!
From the pic above (thanks Fazal lol) they were good mates, totally uncalled for! i will still respect him, he hasnt sold his country yet (like Jadeja and Azhar), but he needs to control his temper, simple! He descibes himself as a "Sikh Warrior", however, even warriors in the army, fight with discipline, control and morals, which is why they, unlike him have much more respect!

Sreesanth: its finally happened hasnt it....i met this guy at a test match during and afterwards when he went shopping in town after the game. He was a pleasant guy, and off the field he is a cool guy. But he got what was coming, even a little brother gets a slap when he pisses a big brother off, Sreesanth needs to learn from this. It was sad to see him cry and even slightly embarrasing. The game after this incident, he was reported as "clapping the batsman after he hit a four, that too after he survived an LBW shout that was plumb. Hopefully, he is moving in the right direction!

akabir77
May 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
where is the video? please some one post that here...

Fazal
May 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/article/13299241/2008/05/14/12094455.jpg
Sree to Harbi “Harbi Da Mukh ta ektu ghuran… akta Appi dibo”

At the end of the day two things happened that will effect in near future and none of them are good for Indian Fans.

1) It reconfirmed what other non Indian Fans already knew i.e. Harbhajan often crosses the line in the heat of the game. This will be often exploited by the opponents .. they will often test Harbhajan's temper and hope he explodes again. This time with past baggage he will not get any benifit of doubt.

2) Sreesanth's advantage as agressive player is gone for good. Sreesanth's visual agressiveness will be often challenged and redeculed by the opponent players and he will be the butt of all jokes and his manhood will be challenged during sledging.

The only way these two can counter is keep their head cool and repy with good performance with the ball. In near future verbal agreesion will do them no good, actually take them to down hill.

In near term Inida needs to find two new BAD boys to counter opponent's sledging.

Surfer
May 28, 2008, 12:07 AM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/article/13299241/2008/05/14/12094455.jpg
Sree to Harbi “Harbi Da Mukh ta ektu ghuran… akta Appi dibo”

At the end of the day two things happened that will effect in near future and none of them are good for Indian Fans.

1) It reconfirmed what other non Indian Fans already knew i.e. Harbhajan often crosses the line in the heat of the game. This will be often exploited by the opponents .. they will often test Harbhajan's temper and hope he explodes again. This time with past baggage he will not get any benifit of doubt.

2) Sreesanth's advantage as agressive player is gone for good. Sreesanth's visual agressiveness will be often challenged and redeculed by the opponent players and he will be the butt of all jokes and his manhood will be challenged during sledging.

The only way these two can counter is keep their head cool and repy with good performance with the ball. In near future verbal agreesion will do them no good, actually take them to down hill.

In near term Inida needs to find two new BAD boys to counter opponent's sledging.

Quite right. Good post. They need to concentrate more on cricket.

BD-Shardul
May 28, 2008, 12:40 AM

:lol::floor::floor::floor: