PDA

View Full Version : Federer back in business

Arnab
April 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Saw the match against Nalbandian on clay this afternoon. First live match I saw since the AO.

Federer played really well to beat Nalbandian. Even though he lost the first set, he actually played better than Nalby for the most part of that set, just faltered in the end a bit. After that he upped the intensity, and Nalbandian kind of faded away, not keeping up with the intensity that Federer sustained throughout the match.

This should be a very encouraging result for Federer. He probably played his best match of this year. Good timing as well. He faces Djokovic in the semifinal.

Bancan
April 27, 2008, 11:56 AM
Federer vs Nadal
Federer lost first 7-5.
Federer 1-4 up in the second set.

Bancan
April 27, 2008, 12:06 PM
Lol nadal back in the set. 4-4.

Arnab
April 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
Nadal won the match. Nadal is too good for Federer on clay.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2008, 09:13 AM
So he is mortal after all...

Gowza
May 5, 2008, 11:07 PM
he still has mental problems against nadal, not that nadal isn't a really really good player and as i've mentioned in another thread i think fed's days of domination are over as of the australian open this year but federer has always had mental issues when playing nadal.

Shehwar
May 6, 2008, 03:43 AM
Agreed! Its pathetic how he has a total mental collapse when playing Nadal...He was 4-3 and up a break in the firt set and then double break up and 4-0 in the second set! Ended up in a straight set loss!...Those of who follows Federer would know that its a familiar story when he is playing Nadal on clay....He really has some sort of mental block playing Nadal on the red stuff..

cricman
May 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
He Lost again in the QF in Rome, a Masters Series event in Clay and Roddick in the semis, whoa! Roddick in the Semis in a Master Series event in Clay?

He's making some Strides ets see what Roddick does @ the French

Bancan
May 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
We are talking about Roddick. He's never safe to put money on. But i still hope he wins one major this year.

Gowza
May 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
well how about that for a contest (hamburg final)? didn't see the match but apparently federer was up 5-1 in the first and 5-2 in the 2nd, still managed to lose the match.

Shehwar
May 18, 2008, 05:32 PM
well how about that for a contest (hamburg final)? didn't see the match but apparently federer was up 5-1 in the first and 5-2 in the 2nd, still managed to lose the match.

Come on bro...arent u used to that stuff by now?...Next time Federer leads 5-0 or 5-1...Im gonna put down about 100 quid at 50-1 odds for Nadal to win that particular set....

Gowza
May 18, 2008, 07:36 PM
Come on bro...arent u used to that stuff by now?...Next time Federer leads 5-0 or 5-1...Im gonna put down about 100 quid at 50-1 odds for Nadal to win that particular set....

yeah i'm use to it, but now i kind of find it funny tbh. i'm starting to back novak more than federer nowadays. fed is a major choker against nadal.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
the score is 8-1 in clay. 10-6 overall.

Nadal is unbelievably strong mentally. The next week is very important for All three (Nadal, Fed, Novak) since Roddick quit. I knew Roddick would have won this years french. :)

Bancan
May 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
Roddick was in great form. the french open wont seem different since he was knocked out early in the previous years. Hopefully he will continue playing good after returning.

I dont want to see a nadal - federer final again. I dont want nadal in the semis either.
Rooting for roger.

Btw i am opening the French open thread once it starts. :-p

Arnab
May 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
Nadal will win this year's FO. Easily. Federer doesn't have the game to beat him on clay.