PDA

View Full Version : Shuvo in place of Shakib for Tri-Series.

Murad
April 30, 2008, 01:23 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with Bangladeshi officials?? Selectors, Board officials, coach all acting same.

THey are looking for more young players. They are saying age is not a matter. Performance is.

Now they are thinking of giving Shuvo (u19 captain) a chance to the National team in place of Shakib for the tri-series.

I think they are just after ruining careers..They have already ruined Ashraful, AFtab, Mushy and many.

Shuvo is just 16 yrs old. He just played few FC matches. GIve him another 4/5 yrs to get matured, you morons. Let him develope his game first. IF he fails now they will drop him again. This might ruin him.

Freak koto gula.. egulo re paile ami niche diya bash ditam..:mad: (sorry for foul lang)

Read Ittefaq (http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/05/01/news0575.htm) for more details.

I hope this news is not true.

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think this is nothing but an Ittefaq speculation. Rafiqul did not say anything in this line.

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
BTW, thanks to Rafiqul for making it clear that JO or HB is not coming back to the ODI team.

Some newspapers were also making speculations about those two since they are called to a training camp by BCB.

Isnaad
April 30, 2008, 01:39 PM
Lets see what happenes.

Murad
April 30, 2008, 01:39 PM
I think this is nothing but an Ittefaq speculation. Rafiqul did not say anything in this line.

Well. Could be.

But he did talk about new players. And Shuvo is one of them. He's a spin alrounder and only he's the one who can be a replacement of Shakib.

So Ittefaq could be true as well.

I don't believe these selectors, and officials. THey say one thing do another.

Shaan
April 30, 2008, 01:46 PM
This is the time to include Alok,they should give this guy a chance.

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 01:46 PM
But he did talk about new players.
No, he said he is not giving too much importance to seniority-juniority (I think he said it to emphasis that he is not so hot about bringing oldies back into the team), there was no mention of bringing any new face to the team.

I don't believe these selectors, and officials. THey say one thing do another.
I wonder why you feel that way to the selectors. I think they actually have done a good job in squad selection in last few series. The problem is our coach is messing around and is unable to find the right combination of those players.

Murad
April 30, 2008, 01:53 PM
I wonder why you feel that way to the selectors. I think they actually have done a good job in squad selection in last few series. The problem is our coach is messing around and is unable to find the right combination of those players.

Because selectors are also part of the team management.

Rafiq has toured Pakistan with the team. He's equally responsibile for this poor selection of playing 11. He also had part in selecting playing elevens for the home-series against SA & Ire.

Coach alone cannot make these poor team selection.

Dhakablues
April 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
We need a Salahuddin in BCB to cure this non-sense!!

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 02:12 PM
Because selectors are also part of the team management.

Rafiq has toured Pakistan with the team. He's equally responsibile for this poor selection of playing 11. He also had part in selecting playing elevens for the home-series against SA & Ire.

Coach alone cannot make these poor team selection.
Yes, the selectors are part of the team management, but I don't think they have a whole lot do here but to advise Siddons on team selection. In the past they had tried to force Siddons couple of times to change his mind about team selection, but they had to back down as Siddons had threatened to quit. Siddons actually listens to Ashraful more than he listens to others (something that I find weird, Siddons should have figured out by now that Ash is a retard).

abdulmukit
April 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
yes i agree it is too early for shuvo to make it to international level. its not the wright time for a 16 years old to apear in this level of cricket.mube in 2/3 years time?

AsifTheManRahman
April 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
In the past they had tried to force Siddons couple of times to change his mind about team selection, but they had to back down as Siddons had threatened to quit.
Interesting. Do you have a source?

Miraz
April 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Eshen, do you have any source to back-up your claim?

That's really interesting.

On Shuvo, it's too early to pick him for even the A team. He should spend the next two years with the academy team before getting the A team call.

al Furqaan
April 30, 2008, 02:30 PM
shuvo is a horrible decision.

IMO, the XV should be trimmed to XIV, with raqibul coming in place of sakib. he's seems the most capable/similar anchor type player.

plus another top performer will put added seriousness to the "drop ash and aftab" movement.

sadi
April 30, 2008, 03:01 PM
Shuvo is no 16 year old. He is been playing Dhaka cricket for atleast 3 years.

Miraz
April 30, 2008, 03:09 PM
According to Cricinfo, Shuvo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56138.html)is 19 years 161 days old.

Fortuner
April 30, 2008, 03:24 PM
even if they wanted to take smbdy frm under 19..why d hell dnt they ever bring a pacer all rounder..which r diein for
farhad reza is nt upto d mark...
moron selectrs

reyme
April 30, 2008, 03:43 PM
they had tried to force Siddons couple of times to change his mind about team selection, but they had to back down as Siddons had threatened to quit.

What a wonderful chance to replace S-i-d-d-o-n-s with Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh, or simply McInnes! :waiting:

reyme
April 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
I dont think Siddons ever threaned to quit, with his performance we should threaten him to l-e-a-v-e, right?

Shobha
April 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
corruption corruption corruption.
God, i'v never experienced anything as dodgy as the BCB is..what next...

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 04:38 PM
Interesting. Do you have a source?
If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in a shomokal report. Sorry, can't remember the date, it was atleast couple of months ago.

Ajfar
April 30, 2008, 05:17 PM
great...let's get couple more kids in the team

nsd3
April 30, 2008, 05:54 PM
Some of the comments recently in the forum have brought its standard down.

Eshen
April 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
Where is what Rafiqul told ittefaq:

"It does not matter who is senior and who is junior, whoever comes to the team has to perform. If one does not perform, he will be left out of the team"

"We obviously have kept them (HB and JO) in consideration. But Bashar or Javed does not have much chance to come back in ODIs. We are considering them for longer version i.e. Test cricket. Bashar was out of the ODI team even before we took over."

He did not mention Shuvo's name at all. I don't see anything objectionable in his comments (although I don't think JO or HB should be considered even for the test team).

The reporter made some speculation about Shuvo, but he did not bother to clarify whether it's his own speculation or something that he heard from someone else. There is not much to talk about Bangladesh cricket at this point, may be he is just trying to stir some rumor.

The team for the tri-series will be announced on 17 May, on the last day of Dhaka premier super league. We will probably hear lots of rumors like this before then, may be it's not a smart idea to start threads on each of them.

ialbd
April 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
kire Shuvor ssc/hsc kisu nai?

ehteshamul
April 30, 2008, 08:18 PM
IS SHUVO THE RIGHT REPLACEMENT FOR SAQIB?

Shuvo is a talented upcoming cricketer who has put some decent performances with BD under 19 team. Incidentally he is also the captain.

It would be suicidal for BCB to induct him in the tri series coming up as both Pakistan and India is most likely to field their best eleven.

Shuvo should get started against teams like Zimbabwe, Kenya, and Ireland as and when that happens .Get some exposure, confidence and then get the license to play the senior eleven.

Sakib, Mushfiq (under rehabilitation now) , Reza who are pretty set now with the senior eleven started their career against Zimbabwe and put up impressive performance and gradually got adjusted with the team .

Only exceptional talent like Tammim was blooded against India facing the full fury of Indian pacers before much exposure and what a way he delivered. We all saw a star was born!

We all hope BCB/Selectors act judiciously with regards to Saqib’s replacement and does not ruin a talent.

lamisa
April 30, 2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, the selectors are part of the team management, but I don't think they have a whole lot do here but to advise Siddons on team selection. In the past they had tried to force Siddons couple of times to change his mind about team selection, but they had to back down as Siddons had threatened to quit. Siddons actually listens to Ashraful more than he listens to others (something that I find weird, Siddons should have figured out by now that Ash is a retard).

I mean i kno this but dunno whyit cracked me up.well,personally i dont think anyone under 20/21shud b allowed in th national team rgrdless of how talented he is.

Foozy
April 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
Bad idea...

Abd_Bakri
April 30, 2008, 11:19 PM
well well what do you know yet another fabulos decision by the new selectors...! bravo... ! ya man these selectors are the best we ever had... ! they are taking the team into places ! well done.... ! lets get rid of all our good players ! why do we need them ! if they are in the team itll be threat to losing right ?! anyways... these selectors give me the reason to hate them before every series... gosh... first it was dropping rasel and replacing him with aftab... and opening the bowling with farhad reza... going with just 1professional pacer... and now dropping the most reliable allrounder we got... daim they are definately helping the cause of building a side which will continue to lose and break our own record of losing streak..! lets all hear it for our selectors... they are the best... ! they along with the new army board and the stupid coach is here to ruin our cricket..! really i have a bad feeling that we have been taken back to the nightmare days of 2001 2002 when we would lose a game hands down with players like sanwar and all! i dont know much about shuvo he could be a brilliant player... but hey sakib was in fantastic form in the last completed series why drop him... what did he do wrong ? did he not butter the selectors enough or something...! even if this is a speculation this has all the making to lower sakibs confidence...! if you want to inject new blood ... the selectors should inject genuine fast bowlers with pace and swing... if not then dont mess with the team... you already messed by bringing in dhiman !

Abd_Bakri
April 30, 2008, 11:25 PM
ok i just read it from daily star that sakib will miss the series as he has academic obligation... boy my respect for this guy has increased even further.... the first player ive seen from bd who has given priority to his studies... ! anyways... now comes the question of substituting sakib... why would you want to give this young guy shuvo a chance... let him have some experience with the A team or something... and please for heavens sake dont bring kapali... he is tested and he has failed... try bring some exciting fast bowling allrounder... if not an allrounder then bring a fast bowler... thats what we need (besides having rafiq)... but anyhow... i still would maintain my poisition on the fact that the selectors are messing a bit too much with the team.! and i feel mushy should get back to the team... atleast as a batsman if not a keeper... let dhiman be the keeper! and mushy be the batsman!

al-Sagar
May 1, 2008, 12:31 AM
Shuvo should go to england.
Bring rubel back in the squad

al-Sagar
May 1, 2008, 12:36 AM
Also naeem islam is an option but i think he too should go to england.
I would like to see somebody like Rajin, kapali or even faisal dickens back

BANFAN
May 1, 2008, 12:52 AM
................. now comes the question of substituting sakib... why would you want to give this young guy shuvo a chance... let him have some experience with the A team or something... ..........!

We in Bangladesh have some sorts of thinking which are alien to the cric world.

We will bring him now and if he is doing good, we will plan to put him in A team, to have experience to become a superstar... !!!

If he is not doing good, we will dump him, like all the other boys made it into the national team and later dropped, Dropped even from A or academy team.

:/)

Gowza
May 1, 2008, 01:05 AM
this is why the A team squads need to be comprised mainly of non national players because if something like this or an injury occurs then they need reliable back-ups which is missing atm.

the main problem is lack of allrounder talent 24 years old and up. this is why names like shuvo are being flung around to replace shakib, MH rubel is the only older allrounder. the next group of allrounders are all really young with not much if any academy or A team exposure e.g. nasir hossain, shuvo, marshall ayub, milon.

Russell2k7
May 1, 2008, 02:14 AM
I don't understand what is wrong with Bangladeshi officials?? Selectors, Board officials, coach all acting same.

THey are looking for more young players. They are saying age is not a matter. Performance is.

Now they are thinking of giving Shuvo (u19 captain) a chance to the National team in place of Shakib for the tri-series.

I think they are just after ruining careers..They have already ruined Ashraful, AFtab, Mushy and many.

Shuvo is just 16 yrs old. He just played few FC matches. GIve him another 4/5 yrs to get matured, you morons. Let him develope his game first. IF he fails now they will drop him again. This might ruin him.

Freak koto gula.. egulo re paile ami niche diya bash ditam..:mad: (sorry for foul lang)

Read Ittefaq (http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/05/01/news0575.htm) for more details.

I hope this news is not true.

Selectors did not ruin Ashraful, he ruined himself. Look at Tamim Iqbal he played few games but still seems to be maturing game by game so far. As for dropping Shakib this was going to happen had he not scored that century. So he should be given more chance until his avg dip to below 30 or something, then selectors can think of replacing him with S. Shuvo.

mehedi
May 1, 2008, 02:55 AM
bring back Alok kapali inplace of Sakib

Antora
May 1, 2008, 03:32 AM
:head:Shuvo? Uffff! No!

Why do our selectors have to be so brainless, they have less I.Q than Ash and HAba put together!

crikfreak
May 1, 2008, 05:43 AM
please can we not ruin another guys career?? don't bring shuvo in.. plz.. let him grow up a bit.. can we consider the ones who've been tried and dropped before??

btw how old exactly is shuvo?

BANFAN
May 1, 2008, 06:03 AM
According to Cricinfo, Shuvo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56138.html)is 19 years 161 days old.

Perfect age for Academy or A team.

Fantastic
May 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think it is a bad idea to try out Shuvo. Remember sachin and afridi debuted when they were 16. It might be just to test him out. However, I would have been reluctant to let shuvo in if he was over 32.

bdchamp20
May 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
A question before I get into topic, is Shakib the only one missing the tournament? What about the other boys of his age: Junaid, Dhiman, Farhad, Riyad, Shahadat etc. shouldnt they be doing their HSC now? Or arent they serious about studies? Anyway I have high hopes for Shubho but I dont think he's ready to step in at the moment...I wouldnt like to see him in the team for at least 3 years, which should give him lots of domestic, academy and A team experience...this is a perfect opportunity for Kapali to step in and prove if he has improved since he was dropped

nayan
May 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
This is the time to include Alok,they should give this guy a chance.

very much agree!

Fazal
May 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
ta dhin a dhin dhin..... [edit]
.... and no Alok please.... we already have too many dead woods in the team....one more dead wood and the leaking boat will sink for good..

uss01
May 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
This is totally inappropriate, even as a joke....[edit] who cares as long as they the best 11 in the country.

Fazal
May 1, 2008, 03:11 PM
Quota System exists in Bangladeah as well as developed countries like USA. In Bangladesh, there are official quota systems ( Student enrollment, system) as well as unofficial quota systems ( like selecting minsitry) based on region, religion, age.

You may not like it, but its exisits in the world whether you like it or not ... and therefore not inappropriate to mention in my opinion.

Dhruvo
May 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
What ? thats just insanity , we cant try out new players right now , we need experience not new blood,this is just not proper management ,they should had given players like nafis iqbal,habibul bashar,mehrab hossain opi ,khaled masud , talha jubair or maybe tapash baisya.

uss01
May 1, 2008, 10:00 PM
Yes I know it exists in Bangladesh. But it doesn't in selecting our cricket team and it shouldn't. So don't talk about it.

Quota System exists in Bangladeah as well as developed countries like USA. In Bangladesh, there are official quota systems ( Student enrollment, system) as well as unofficial quota systems ( like selecting minsitry) based on region, religion, age.

You may not like it, but its exisits in the world whether you like it or not ... and therefore not inappropriate to mention in my opinion.

djnaved
May 1, 2008, 11:07 PM
We, are wasting our own talent

Murad vai is right, at the very begining our selectors led ashraful, aftab, and mushy to play in't cricket. they got all the talents. Our selectors led them down. Now those 3 are standing in geopardy. Don't the selectors realize that taking new players would make such difference? The result will be the same. Suvo ashle show hobe 20 minute tarpor 40 minute batsman ra nia nibe, jemonta hoichilo tushar Imran, alok kapalider khettre..... Aro onek match kheilai tarpor dolea jaiga, nahole nai.........

wiseshah
May 2, 2008, 12:03 AM
i think shuvo is a good idea. he is 20 yrs old, not too young. he is matured and good allrounder like sakib.

sandpiper
May 2, 2008, 12:31 AM
Another moronic decision.

jeesh
May 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
At this point its still a rumor. But knowing the thinking of our selectors, i wont be surprised if this happens. I am pleased to see most of you disagree. And why shouldnt you. This guy has just played a mere 15 first class matches and scored just over 500 runs in that period- and we expect him to come and take on India and Pakistan? Its a big joke.

cricket_king
May 2, 2008, 01:35 AM
:head:Shuvo? Uffff! No!

Why do our selectors have to be so brainless, they have less I.Q than Ash and HAba put together!

LOL that's hilarious. If you said less than just Ash or HaBa, it would've made more sense. Think about it - Ashraful probably has an IQ of about 50. HaBa about 60. If you put them together, they make 110.

So you're saying BD selectors IQ < 110, when you could've said BD selectors IQ < 50 or IQ < 60.

Just thought I'd point it out. :)

Shaan
May 2, 2008, 02:01 AM
Its sad some of us looking at Alok like he is the curse for entire cricket of BD. Sounds like as if Alok was not born in bd cricket we would have alredy won one or twice the cricket world cup. We are so deemed and doomed by our blind presumption and belief that when entire BD team as falling towards down warded we still think we have done so much better cause Alok is not there. He is performing well in national league which current players lacked much in recent games before they headed towards Pakistan, and we show the results in broad daylight straight to our hand, may others in the current team are dead wood, so its better a well formed player who has international experience under his belt should be selected then just satisfy ourselves playing selection game with being predetermined and prejudiced and introduce a newbie when nothing is helping much. And we still think its better introduce newbie rather than ALok, cause it is Alok.

Can we bit come out from rigid blind presumption and give this guy chance which he deserves most whether we agree or not for sake of our cricket which is in dire situation. Nothing has changed much at least concept of development in our cricket while absent of Alok, so what is harmful when he is there.
when cricket is mind game then there is maturity needed which formed by experiences and age at this moment Alok is the one who is very suitable by fact to be given chance.

Baundule
May 2, 2008, 03:01 AM
Changes are always welcome. The selectors are doing a fantastic job. They are appropriately justifying their duties making all those changes in every series, every match. In order to make our selectors more active, the ICC should come up with some new rules offering the possibility of making changes even when the matches are in progress. I am proud of our selectors.

Also, a big hand to Sakib, that he informed about his unavailability for the tri-series. As a 'senior' player he has greatly done his job, offering the possibility of getting some fresh blood in the team.

Btw, does anyone know, if some honeymoon plan of Sakib co-incides with the tri-series? I guess, he is getting married. He should, actually.

nsd3
May 2, 2008, 03:29 AM
If we really need a spinner it could be Kapali or Mosharraf Hossain Rubel. Kapali couldn't give anything special to BD before - he failed more than once even though he was given chances. Rubel was given a chance once. To be fair Rubel stands as a probable option. Let's see.

Rifat
May 2, 2008, 03:41 AM
alok or farhad reza or ehsanul haque sezan

Rifat
May 2, 2008, 03:41 AM
an allrounder for an allrounder, a batsmen for a batsmen and a bowler for a bowler

Antora
May 2, 2008, 04:11 AM
LOL that's hilarious. If you said less than just Ash or HaBa, it would've made more sense. Think about it - Ashraful probably has an IQ of about 50. HaBa about 60. If you put them together, they make 110.

So you're saying BD selectors IQ < 110, when you could've said BD selectors IQ < 50 or IQ < 60.

Just thought I'd point it out. :)
ummm... okay:-|

zainab
May 2, 2008, 07:13 AM
Btw, does anyone know, if some honeymoon plan of Sakib co-incides with the tri-series? I guess, he is getting married. He should, actually.( Quote)

Really, who said anything about him getting married, I thought that it was his studies.

Kabir
May 2, 2008, 08:29 AM
Zain...he's writing his exams. It's metriculation exam. He's a kid...not yet ready to get married ;)

abu2abu
May 2, 2008, 09:20 AM
A lot of people think the selectors are misguided by their focus on youth. As Shakib's absence is bound to be temporary, this is the perfect opportunity to get one of the older guys in to test their mettle.

England often do this, remember how Mal Loye was picked for the CB series before the World cup because Michael vaughan was injured? He was even told it was a one off and that he was unlikely to make the world cup squad!

The question is who should this older player be? I'd have said Al Shahriar or Nafis Iqbal, but neither of them are good enough with the ball. What do you reckon? A player good enough to be given a go but old enough not to be called a young gun? (Other than kapali)...

sadi
May 2, 2008, 10:38 AM
Forhad Reza and Riyad are good enough for the allrounder spot. I don't see anyone else replacing Sakib. I would pick a batsman instead. Someone like Rakibul perhaps.

Fazal
May 2, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yes I know it exists in Bangladesh. But it doesn't in selecting our cricket team and it shouldn't. So don't talk about it.

How you are so sure that unofficially it doen't exist or never existed in our slection process ? Just not talking does't make it as if it never existed. Its one think to say that you are not supportiung it's other think suggesting gagging people'e mouth so that its not even discussed or mentioned.

Miraz
May 2, 2008, 10:51 AM
The question is who should this older player be? I'd have said Al Shahriar or Nafis Iqbal, but neither of them are good enough with the ball. What do you reckon? A player good enough to be given a go but old enough not to be called a young gun? (Other than kapali)...

Ehsanul Haque Seezan.

thebest
May 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
Is it real ? Reading all the post I feel it is [বাংলা]কান নিয়েছে চিল[/বাংলা]situation. But I would not be surprised if the moron selectors choose Shuvo. Ideally I would like Rajin in place of Sakib. He is a decent offie, fielding on par with Sakib if not better and a innings builder not a slogger; but most of the times bogged down. Selection of Rajin would keep experience factor in balance and slightly increase the average age.

auntu
May 2, 2008, 04:15 PM

tai naki? eita ki bolen?

WOW! best support for bagh mama is his selector life. .... and JS er bepare o bola shuru hye gelo..

Murad
May 2, 2008, 04:38 PM
tai naki? eita ki bolen?

WOW! best support for bagh mama is his selector life. .... and JS er bepare o bola shuru hye gelo..

Siddons ke niye ki kisu bola jabe na?? Already 7 months hoye geche shei BD er job niyese.. And onek gulo pathetic decision o er majhe niye pelse..

ar ekhon amader criticize korata dosh hoye gelo??

shujan
May 3, 2008, 07:38 AM
BTW, thanks to Rafiqul for making it clear that JO or HB is not coming back to the ODI team.

Some newspapers were also making speculations about those two since they are called to a training camp by BCB.

Yes why bring the players back who has more winning records? Who needs win? It is not about winning. It is about who our selectors think is more talented.

lamisa
May 3, 2008, 10:34 AM
Its sad some of us looking at Alok like he is the curse for entire cricket of BD. Sounds like as if Alok was not born in bd cricket we would have alredy won one or twice the cricket world cup. We are so deemed and doomed by our blind presumption and belief that when entire BD team as falling towards down warded we still think we have done so much better cause Alok is not there. He is performing well in national league which current players lacked much in recent games before they headed towards Pakistan, and we show the results in broad daylight straight to our hand, may others in the current team are dead wood, so its better a well formed player who has international experience under his belt should be selected then just satisfy ourselves playing selection game with being predetermined and prejudiced and introduce a newbie when nothing is helping much. And we still think its better introduce newbie rather than ALok, cause it is Alok.

Can we bit come out from rigid blind presumption and give this guy chance which he deserves most whether we agree or not for sake of our cricket which is in dire situation. Nothing has changed much at least concept of development in our cricket while absent of Alok, so what is harmful when he is there.
when cricket is mind game then there is maturity needed which formed by experiences and age at this moment Alok is the one who is very suitable by fact to be given chance.

i agree with you,bhai.Seriously i have changed my mind about alok.he deserves a chance.

thebest
May 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
i agree with you,bhai.Seriously i have changed my mind about alok.he deserves a chance.
don't worry. You would again change your mind after seeing how Alok sucks. In 2006, one of the most intriguing debate was Alok - Rana; I was a member of Alok fan club. After selectors gave him the chance I understand why Rubu has headache whenevr Alok's name is mention.Alok, Tusher, Rokon are product of famous Hick-Kumbli school; bulls in domestic match, rabbit under headlight in international match.
I am all for Rajin or Shejan; No more Alok or Tusher - members of proven failures club. Shuvo's time has not yet arrived.

mafizraju
May 3, 2008, 02:19 PM
I don't think it is a bad idea to try out Shuvo. Remember sachin and afridi debuted when they were 16. It might be just to test him out. However, I would have been reluctant to let shuvo in if he was over 32.

excuse me when did you guys start to watch cricket???

Only because sachin had debut at 16, that doesnot mean everybody in this world should get debut at 16. Only because Bill Gates and Micheal Dell and few of the university dropped out turened out to be multibillioniare, doesnot mean all university drop out will become a multibillioniare, thukku not even a millioniare.

What a logic you guys have.

and Afridi???? Do you how many times he was dropped from the team. only recently when all other senior are out of the team he is still there and that is more because of his bowling and fielding. His batting comes as a plus. look at his position. In his career he has been given all sorts of position including opening position only to fail. after playing 300 odis now he is becoming a better bowler. but still he is not that great of a player. he is an avg player who can bowl a bit, fields very well and might explode in batting once in a blue moon. We have given chance of many such player in our team who after 300 match will do much better.

mafizraju
May 3, 2008, 02:25 PM

quota system is good in allowing minorities (not only ethnic) to take part. It is a plan of future at the cost of present to some extent. I cant comment on Saffers qouta system as I dont have much insights to their social structure.

But however in Bangladesh I only support quota which will allow our Aboroginal people to develop. Every other quota including quota for the children of Freedom fighter is a no no. (before anybody starts to call me a rajakar, mind you my father is a freedom fighter)

cricket_fanatic
May 4, 2008, 01:43 AM
Even the thought of Shuvo for Shakib is absurd: the guy does not even bat in the top 7 for academy team. I feel Aftab should bat at no. 5 with Tamim, Zunaed and Naees in top 3 and Riyad, Forhad at 6,7 while Nazimuddin remains the back up middle order. That means we've already got a starting 11. If we'll have to make a selection to fill the 15 man squad, I'd rather go for someone like MH Rubel.