PDA

View Full Version : Should BCB give a Break to Ashraful for The Upcoming Triangular Cricket Event ?

ehteshamul
May 3, 2008, 06:59 AM
In a little over a month’s time Bangladesh is going to host a big cricket event - The Triangular series involving Asian heavyweights- India, Pakistan and themselves as well where each team plays the other once and then the final.

With Ash failing both as Captain and a batsman on a regular basis one hopes BCB will give him a break so that he can do some soul searching and identify his mistakes and rectifies it.

All great cricketers go through a lean phase. That includes Mathhew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist and Sourav Ganguly to name a few.

Sourav is a typical example of great comeback from almost a point of no return. Because of loss of form and his famous Email battle with with Ex Indian Coach Greg Chappel he lost both his captaincy and a place from the team. He had to try multiple options to get back to the Indian team. First he went back to his original Cricket Coach. Played county cricket in UK and local tournaments. Determined as he is by nature he came back with a bang and what a away he is delivering now. He now forms an integral part of Indian batting line up. Time and again when India is in deep trouble Sourav is bailing them out. This guy has also tremendous commitment. A role model indeed!

If Ash is not given a break by BCB and Coach he will take his place for granted in the team thinking even if he makes repeated blunders in the future he will still be an indispensable part of the team which will be detrimental for our team.

His comments that his batting average of 16 average against Pakistan is not too bad is unacceptable in any form of cricket.

Ash himself should contact batting stalwarts Tendulkar, Sourav or any one else of his choice to seek advice to overcome his weaknesses.

What do readers think about it?

BioMEMS
May 3, 2008, 07:35 AM
It's all in the head. He is a talented batsman but seriously lacks the mental ability to be consistant. His outrageous comment about doing well in Pakistan even with such a low average is the strongest evidence yet that he needs to be dropped until this looser mentality of his changes. Unfortunately I feel he represents a certain section of the Bangladeshi society who are just too reluctant to do the necessary because of laziness or due to lack of a backbone to fight the prevailing trend. Nobody is born with the mindset required to become successful. That comes through hard work and right guidance from the surrounding people, both of which I belive Ashraful lacks. I think pinning your hope on a person who is unable to learn from mistakes even after so many years is just being silly.

bdchamp20
May 3, 2008, 07:41 AM
I think Ash is trying, you could see he was battling with his natural aggression against Pakistan, lets give him until the Asia Cup to sort himself out. If we must give 'breaks' to players than it should be Aftab and Shahriar.

mahbubH
May 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
He is the best person to decide whether to take a break from cricket!!

thebest
May 3, 2008, 08:02 AM
All great cricketers go through a lean phase. That includes Mathhew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist and Sourav Ganguly to name a few.

The quoted one is fundamental problem of us - the fan. All great cricketers go through lean phase all pretender went through a thick phase. Ashraful is a fluke - a poor man's Afridi. He has already went though the thick phases. He along with aftab need permanent break from cricket.

BioMEMS
May 3, 2008, 08:18 AM
He is the best person to decide whether to take a break from cricket!!

Please...we don't need another HB in the making! It's the coach/management who should decide whether to 'rest' a player.

crikfreak
May 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
i definitely think he should be given a break.. let him not play in the triangular.. let him get his head sorted out... let him get his brains back.. let him rectify his mistakes and fight his way back to the team.. it'll be good both for him and for the country.. that said.. i think even aftab and nafees need a break..

lamisa
May 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
i definitely think he should be given a break.. let him not play in the triangular.. let him get his head sorted out... let him get his brains back.. let him rectify his mistakes and fight his way back to the team.. it'll be good both for him and for the country.. that said.. i think even aftab and nafees need a break..

is that materially possible?:confused:

al Furqaan
May 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
i'd say yes, sit him out along with aftab. and bring em back for the asia cup. repeat as necessary.

cricket_king
May 3, 2008, 10:07 PM
I say anyone who agrees with dropping Ashraful is nuts. Open your eyes. The whole team's playing like crap. Might as well just keep him there in hope of a miracle.

tonoy
May 3, 2008, 10:38 PM
kick him out. I have seen enough of his talent.

cricket_fanatic
May 4, 2008, 01:30 AM
I don't wanna see Ashraful sitting out the Asia Cup coz I don't see how that does him any good. And there's obviously the small matter of who replaces him as captain.I'm hoping he'll be working with Siddons (when he's back, of course) to sort his batting. We've got a lot of cricket coming up this year and the last thing we need is some more rookies in the team.

Off topic, talking of breaks we should give a permanent break to Aftab - from the no. 3 position. He's not a no. 3 batsman, never was: all his best knocks at no.3 have come against weak bowling. He needs to bat at 5 0r 6.

BANFAN
May 4, 2008, 02:24 AM
Another thread adds to the plume of Ashrafu Matin ... :)

Shaan
May 4, 2008, 03:31 AM
All great cricketers go through lean phase all pretender went through a thick phase. Ashraful is a fluke - a poor man's Afridi. He has already went though the thick phases. He along with aftab need permanent break from cricket.

Completely agree with you..

Yameen
May 4, 2008, 06:15 AM
U wanna have a break from opening threads?

desirocker
May 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
In a little over a month’s time Bangladesh is going to host a big cricket event - The Triangular series involving Asian heavyweights- India, Pakistan and themselves as well where each team plays the other once and then the final.

With Ash failing both as Captain and a batsman on a regular basis one hopes BCB will give him a break so that he can do some soul searching and identify his mistakes and rectifies it.

Sourav is a typical example of great comeback from almost a point of no return. Because of loss of form and his famous Email battle with with Ex Indian Coach Greg Chappel he lost both his captaincy and a place from the team. He had to try multiple options to get back to the Indian team. First he went back to his original Cricket Coach. Played county cricket in UK and local tournaments. Determined as he is by nature he came back with a bang and what a away he is delivering now. He now forms an integral part of Indian batting line up. Time and again when India is in deep trouble Sourav is bailing them out. This guy has also tremendous commitment. A role model indeed!

If Ash is not given a break by BCB and Coach he will take his place for granted in the team thinking even if he makes repeated blunders in the future he will still be an indispensable part of the team which will be detrimental for our team.

His comments that his batting average of 16 average against Pakistan is not too bad is unacceptable in any form of cricket.

Ash himself should contact batting stalwarts Tendulkar, Sourav or any one else of his choice to seek advice to overcome his weaknesses.

What do readers think about it?

Well mate, i would have thought about giving him a brake if Sakib had not asked for days off. it would be better to keep Ash in the XI in Sakib's absence.

dash
May 4, 2008, 02:45 PM
yah as ifany one is performing.
a break is not the sollutions
but he shd be sacked feom the captancy as he is never gonna make it.
thus its a waste of time for bd to stick with him

meazz1
May 4, 2008, 03:32 PM
He does not need a break, he needs to sit down and think. BCB needs to come up with a management - like training for him.
We don't have much choice, this is already given that when he performs, we always win or put up a decent fight.

Antora
May 5, 2008, 02:48 AM
I do think Ash needs a break. But a team without him is kinda hard to imagine. I say we keep Ash in the team for atleast the triabgular... i mean we don't have Sakib this time round. I agree he has been performing bad... but then again we can't exactly blame him because everyone else is playing bad, But the only difference is when Ash plays good we always win well mostly win...:-|

cricket_king
May 5, 2008, 06:22 AM
I do think Ash needs a break. But a team without him is kinda hard to imagine. I say we keep Ash in the team for atleast the triabgular... i mean we don't have Sakib this time round. I agree he has been performing bad... but then again we can't exactly blame him because everyone else is playing bad, But the only difference is when Ash plays good we always win well mostly win...:-|

Great...even little Antora has more common sense than some of the older members. If we are to win a match, you can bet Ashraful would do the bulk of the scoring.

Fazal
May 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
Break?

How many pieces ?

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2008, 03:39 PM
Great...even little Antora has more common sense than some of the older members. If we are to win a match, you can bet Ashraful would do the bulk of the scoring.
When there is no improvement the talent equates to nothing.

Betting is not good. It makes a poor poorer and rich richer.

Rifat bro,
I am running out of patience.