PDA

View Full Version : Who should be Bangladesh’s future Captain and Deputy?

ehteshamul
May 3, 2008, 07:47 AM
Besides other factors BD is presently confronted with captaincy crisis.

As it stands Ash despite all the positives that he is claiming unfortunately have failed to deliver the goods that was expected of him.

Myself along with many others I am sure had high expectations when Ashraful took over the mantle of captaincy from Bashar who was having a horrible form at that time.

The general thinking was because of his past credentials of the best batsman of BD he would be able to lead from the front by setting personal example of consistent good scores.

In any form of cricket it is difficult to motivate a team if you are a nonperformer.
For some unknown reason Ash so far had a miserable time under Siddons both with the bat and leadershipwise. This is not to say Siddons is not trying different options with him. It is simply not working.

Having said that one needs to explore what options BCB has now.

Shahriyar Nafees would have been an ideal choice. But he too is having a terrible time formwise.

That leaves with Mashrafee present Vice captain. He is having up and down in terms of consistency. Sometimes taking wickets and sometimes going wicketless.

The advantage with him is that he can contribute 20 to 30 odd runs with the bat and accelerate at a fast pace. So a sort of Bowling all rounder with reasonable match experience.

For the deputy my choices would Saqib/Tammim both of them cool headed and should be groomed. Both of them are good and consistent performers which is a prerequisite for a leader/would be leader.

With a lot of cricket coming in the next few months - Triangular Series, Asia Cup, Australia to follow in August/September, South Africa in November and Srilanka in December it is imperative that BCB finds the right fit for Captain/Vice captain’s position.

Good Game Plan can win a team and even simple blunders can cost a team. So it is important we have the right fit ASAP who also need to have proper communication/coordination with Coach, Selectors and the team members.

The captain should be able to get the best selection and should be shrewd enough to make innovative/appropriate changes in game plan as the situation needs.

BCB really needs to think hard and deep on Right fit for Captaincy and Vice Captaincy.

I would appreciate opinions from readers on this important issue.

Tokai
May 3, 2008, 08:51 AM
Future captain? Ashraful.

Future deputy? Mashrafee, or may be Shakib.

I'm looking into future of about 5 years that is.

meazz1
May 3, 2008, 09:21 AM
I say let's give Salma Kathun, the BD women's captain, a chance, what we got to lose?

The selectors are probably already thinking about it!!!!

crikfreak
May 3, 2008, 09:30 AM
future captain.. sakib.. after 5 years.. and deputy for him.. whoever proves them selves by then.. as for now.. really dunno.. coz mash just sorta got back his form.. don't want it going downhill again.. i want to see him captain khulna for some time.. if he succeeds.. make him national captain.. if he doesn't.. let us look at other options.. whoever the captain is.. i want them to have some captaincy experience in the domestic level with success.. i don't want the next bangladesh captain making a blunder of himself.. we need someone with a cool head.. some one who thinks straight.. leads from the front.. and can make right decisions.. do we have someone like that?? for me.. that person would be sakib.. but i don't.. under no circumstances.. want sakib to captain bangladesh now.. he's too young.. maybe in a few years.. nafees would be another choice.. but he's out of form.. the best thing to do.. bring one of the rejects.. who are a little experienced.. and not too young.. someone above 25..

lamisa
May 3, 2008, 10:26 AM
i dont want to see any change in captaincy now.ki hobe captain paltay?arek becharar future borbaad.amader teame karor boyosh thik na captain howar.letz wait for another 4-5 years and then hand the cap in to shakib(if he continues the recent form).

nina16392
May 3, 2008, 10:46 AM
i think mashrafe will make a good captain with shakib as his depute

Dhruvo
May 3, 2008, 10:56 AM
I believe shahriar nafees will make a good skipper and shakib as the VC

al Furqaan
May 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
ash and mash should get a year at least, max of two. just as siddons should. it might turn out to be the worst gamble in our history thus far. but i really don't think bashar would have done any better.

bdchamp20
May 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
The immediate next captain or who I think will make a good captain? I think Mushfiqur Rahim will make a good captain in the future, I just get that feeling from him. Next captain, Mashrafe with Moyna being his deputy

Miraz
May 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
We already have our captain who is leading from the front.

Captain : Salma
Vice Captain : Panna Ghosh

Antora
May 3, 2008, 07:19 PM

yup, i agree with you.

bujhee kom
May 3, 2008, 10:59 PM
The immediate next captain or who I think will make a good captain? I think Mushfiqur Rahim will make a good captain in the future, I just get that feeling from him. Next captain, Mashrafe with Moyna being his deputy

i have a feeling you might be very right!

cricket_fanatic
May 4, 2008, 01:20 AM
Why don't we consider bowlers for captaincy (other than Mashrafe)? I think we need to consider Razzaq for future leadership roles. May be try him out as the vice-captain and he may be given the odi captaincy in the future.

However, I would wanna stick with Ash for the coming series' - hope that meeting with Lipu & co. has made him a bit more disillusioned about the "improvement" issue.

BANFAN
May 4, 2008, 02:32 AM
We can give a chance to every player by rotation, one series each.

Who ever wins the series, he will get the chance to captain the next series as well, untill he looses a series.

:)

Slysaint
May 4, 2008, 03:34 AM
We can give a chance to every player by rotation, one series each.

Who ever wins the series, he will get the chance to captain the next series as well, untill he looses a series.

:)

very good suggestion, but the problem with that is, we will be running out of players for captains and vices very soon

ehteshamul
May 4, 2008, 07:30 AM
i think mashrafe will make a good captain with shakib as his depute

Hello Nina,

You seem aligned to my choice of Captain and Voice Captain .

All smart people think alike( just Kidding !).

By the way what's our super guy Razzaq doing in IPL ? Any updates on him ?

I appreciate your input on the thread I opened.

Take care.

Robin ( my nickname)

Umar
May 4, 2008, 12:24 PM
Captain: Salma Khatun
Vice captain : Ashrafool

auntu
May 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
mushi kei daya uchit karon jei captain hobe batting bhule jabe so...

r mota moti jei lau shei kodui to hobe shudhu mushi seems to me onek matured than ash. aboshho ash er theke BD team er shobaikei matured mone hoi...

tonoy
May 4, 2008, 01:17 PM

amen to that dhrubo. Good to see some SN fans still. :)

scoilaheez
May 4, 2008, 10:41 PM
simple, keep ash.... changing the captaincy too early will not benefit anyone... Sakib/tamim may be a good leader in the future but they are only 20, we need to wait 4-6 years and let these players cement their spot in the team.

nobody
May 5, 2008, 05:03 AM
Captain: Dhurobo, he showed enough maturity in this forum which proves that age is not a bar to become a captain
VC: Salma Khatun; showed how to lead from front
Make Ash the ball boy of the ball boys

Dhruvo
May 5, 2008, 03:24 PM
amen to that dhrubo. Good to see some SN fans still. :)
hehe,thanks,and i will always stick around as an SN fan,he is the best ever!
Captain: Dhurobo, he showed enough maturity in this forum which proves that age is not a bar to become a captain
VC: Salma Khatun; showed how to lead from front
Make Ash the ball boy of the ball boys
aww thanks,btw hehe that last sentence was pretty funny about ashraful and to be honest that place suites him best.