PDA

View Full Version : Salute to the BD Girls' Cricket Team

Baundule
May 6, 2008, 10:41 AM
This has been the first tournament for the BD team against test playing nations. (correct me, if wrong)

And they have showed great 'attitude', which earned them the win against Pakistan; and today they have done even better, seriously threatening the strong Indian side. Salma has once again played superbly both with the bat and the ball; but she is not the end of the story. Every single player of the squad has tried her best.

This is what success needs. A big salute to their efforts and if they can continue with this attitude, I am sure, the BD Women team will become a much more powerful unit in the world of cricket, compared to Ashraful's team.

bdchamp20
May 6, 2008, 11:21 AM
I salute them by having their winning picture as my avatar.

cricket_dorshok
May 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
A big Salute to baghinis!!!

auntu
May 6, 2008, 01:08 PM
and a asto 'great 'Bengal Black goat' for the feast....

Fortuner
May 6, 2008, 03:06 PM
i dont like d idea bd gals playin cricket...so dont bother me if they win or loose

zia
May 6, 2008, 05:08 PM
i dont like d idea bd gals playin cricket...so dont bother me if they win or loose

Huzur ki rag korchen??

Isnaad
May 6, 2008, 05:41 PM

Don't let a mob of girls chase you :D

bujhee kom
May 6, 2008, 09:53 PM
Don't let a mob of girls chase you :D

i think that's exactly what this guy is trying to do!

Antora
May 7, 2008, 03:31 AM
:fire: The women's team rox more than the Men's team :D:fanflag:

WTG Tigeress', they seem to be improving in every match.

Antora
May 7, 2008, 03:35 AM

May you please explain why?

ehteshamul
May 7, 2008, 05:40 AM
This has been the first tournament for the BD team against test playing nations. (correct me, if wrong)

And they have showed great 'attitude', which earned them the win against Pakistan; and today they have done even better, seriously threatening the strong Indian side. Salma has once again played superbly both with the bat and the ball; but she is not the end of the story. Every single player of the squad has tried her best.

This is what success needs. A big salute to their efforts and if they can continue with this attitude, I am sure, the BD Women team will become a much more powerful unit in the world of cricket, compared to Ashraful's team..

A good thread appropriate to need of the hour.

What an outstanding performance?

Just Imagine - Very little International experience. They are babes so far as international experience is concerned.

No foreign Coach. I think they are being guided by a Local coach.

What has worked is the awesome performance of Skipper Salma who has been leading from the front with superlative performances and consequently getting the best of other team members.

However let's not forget the local Coach who deserves 50 % of the credit for developing such a dynamic, committed, highly motivated group of individuals who has self belief that they can do it.

One hopes the they will go from strength to strength and bring more laurels in the days to come.

KUDOS TO BD TIGRESSES! WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU.

crikfreak
May 7, 2008, 05:53 AM
wtg bd girls!! hats off to you!! playing first time in the asia cup (rite?) and winning against pak.. then continuing the efforts.. great job.. and salute to everyone else who has played a part in their good performance..

LateCut
May 7, 2008, 08:02 AM
It is Salma, Salma and Salma everywhere against india!

Scored a solid 90.
Bowled 10overs at an economy rate of 1.8.
Ran out two dangerous batsmen (or is it batswomen).

Other notable was Panna. She is the second higest scorer at 24 and had a hand in Returning two batters to the pavilion.

It was a misearable showing if you take these two out.

One other observation. The women team is younger than the men's team unless ladies are hiding the years en mass.

Baundule
May 7, 2008, 08:40 AM
It is Salma, Salma and Salma everywhere against india!

Scored a solid 90.
Bowled 10overs at an economy rate of 1.8.
Ran out two dangerous batsmen (or is it batswomen).

Other notable was Panna. She is the second higest scorer at 24 and had a hand in Returning two batters to the pavilion.

It was a misearable showing if you take these two out.

One other observation. The women team is younger than the men's team unless ladies are hiding the years en mass.

If you look at the individual score, then you can do some S. Rajesh, taking these two's stats out. ;)
To win a match, you need a match-winner. But that does not mean that the others do not contribute. Every player gets his/her good and bad days.

Actually, I am in praise of their attitude; abilitity comes next. Every member of the team has tried her best, none of the batters has gifted away her wicket. They have fielded well (see those run outs), they have bowled well (see the economy rates of all of them). We can get players with much more ability; but what is more important is the 'never say die' approach adopted by the team.

AsifTheManRahman
May 7, 2008, 11:54 AM
Salma Khatun is my new heroine.

bdchamp20
May 7, 2008, 11:59 AM
It doesnt matter if you like it or not, if u dont like it keep your opinion to yourself...or go live in Saudi Arabia, there girls cant do anything

sayem
May 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
Nice to see the pics of the womans team replacing the "mens" team on this website...lol

sayem
May 7, 2008, 12:40 PM
It doesnt matter if you like it or not, if u dont like it keep your opinion to yourself...or go live in Saudi Arabia, there girls cant do anything To be honest, I also dont like the idea bd girl playing cricket..I mean girls are supposed to be feminine and gentle..playing these sports makes girls lose their beauty, feminine posture..etc..In my opinion I dont have any interest if BD girl team win or lose, its about the main team..which BD are still not sure..it seems like Girls team will be the main team soon!! So I agree with frontrunner

Baundule
May 7, 2008, 01:02 PM
To be honest, I also dont like the idea bd girl playing cricket..I mean girls are supposed to be feminine and gentle..playing these sports makes girls lose their beauty, feminine posture..etc..In my opinion I dont have any interest if BD girl team win or lose, its about the main team..which BD are still not sure..it seems like Girls team will be the main team soon!! So I agree with frontrunner
:flag:

ehteshamul
May 7, 2008, 11:43 PM
To be honest, I also dont like the idea bd girl playing cricket..I mean girls are supposed to be feminine and gentle..playing these sports makes girls lose their beauty, feminine posture..etc..In my opinion I dont have any interest if BD girl team win or lose, its about the main team..which BD are still not sure..it seems like Girls team will be the main team soon!! So I agree with frontrunner

Hello Sayem,

Rest assured our Tigresses will not lose their beauty by playing cricket. Rather by playing well they will get lots of endorsements from sponsors which will enable them not only hold to their beauty but also enhance them to a higher level. There is so much technology available now that they are able to shape and beautify them as they want it so long they can invest money.

Take the case of Tennis star from our neighbor India Sania Mirza - she plays Tennis which is really tough. But look at her. She is now even more attractive then when she started. Reason being with so much of endorsements from sponsors she is able to maintain her beauty.

We all know about Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova two of the most beautiful women ever to adorn the Tennis world. They play tough tennis. At the same time because of the millions of Dollars of endorsement they get from sponsors they are able to maintain their beauty.

No worries buddy. Our tigresses if they do well will be showered with endorsements and will be able not only to hold on to their beauty but bring it to a different level and I am sure some of them will turn to models when they become stars.

Also Sayem no offence in this 21st century of rocket Science we have to move forward with women of other nations.

Talentwise we are not behind at all as our Tigress sisters has proved against Pakistan. It is a question of getting opportunities and experience.

If we can beat Pakistan women team with so little experience just imagine how strong we will become after 2 years.

Time to bless our Tigress sisters.

TomalCA
May 8, 2008, 12:04 AM

Mawlana Sayem, these girls represent our country Bangladesh so if they play well they bring pride for our country. In no way you can say a country is feminine or masculine.

Kathbirali
May 8, 2008, 12:45 AM
However let's not forget the local Coach who deserves 50 % of the credit for developing such a dynamic, committed, highly motivated group of individuals who has self belief that they can do it.

salute to our coach Zafrul Ehsan.. in one of my prev posts i mentioned that he knows how to motivate these girls.. n believe me, our team is soooo comfortable and attached with his coaching that the players dont feel need of any foreign coach at all!!!!!!!

Fazal
May 8, 2008, 09:36 AM
Just wondering, the people who don't like the concept of women's cricket in Bangladesh... are they 'He' or 'She' or just 'HeShe'?

Baundule
May 8, 2008, 10:00 AM
Just wondering, the people who don't like the concept of women's cricket in Bangladesh... are they 'He' or 'She' or just 'HeShe'?

Mamu, they might call for your head, you are violating Islamic rules ;)

sayem
May 8, 2008, 07:01 PM
Mawlana Sayem, these girls represent our country Bangladesh so if they play well they bring pride for our country. In no way you can say a country is feminine or masculine.Sorry dude, We must have a limit..yes they will bring pride to the country but we are missing the bigger picture. All the other nation are non-muslim apart from pakistan who are minnows and they're way of life is very different to BD or Pakistan as they belive in equaling women things with men..so they say. Islamically is not encouraged and only Intelligent and astute person can see the wisdom in it...it gives out a wrong message and women may leave important things behind in favor of Cricket which can have a serious problems in thier life...I hope that you understand and especially your way of thinking can be very dangerous at times..

Rifat
May 9, 2008, 12:17 AM
hmmm... interesting always beating "Pakistan" when we play "first ever something?"

Baundule
May 9, 2008, 03:49 AM
Sorry dude, We must have a limit..yes they will bring pride to the country but we are missing the bigger picture. All the other nation are non-muslim apart from pakistan who are minnows and they're way of life is very different to BD or Pakistan as they belive in equaling women things with men..so they say. Islamically is not encouraged and only Intelligent and astute person can see the wisdom in it...it gives out a wrong message and women may leave important things behind in favor of Cricket which can have a serious problems in thier life...I hope that you understand and especially your way of thinking can be very dangerous at times..

sayem, seriously, can you please explain, which Islami 'suggestions' (aka, Quranic verses) are violated by girls playing cricket and not by boys doing the same? As you are mentioning Islam, I am very interested to know about it. (I need reference from the Quran and not any Fatwa please)

For sayem, please don't reply on my following opinion. Just concentrate on providing reference from the Quran.
[of course, Bangladesh is a country, not a Religous organization and Religion is no issue in the birth process of Bangladesh. So, it does not really matter, if girls playing cricket does not matches with the customs of some religion, if it is OK with the welfare of the country]

sayem
May 9, 2008, 05:50 AM
sayem, seriously, can you please explain, which Islami 'suggestions' (aka, Quranic verses) are violated by girls playing cricket and not by boys doing the same? As you are mentioning Islam, I am very interested to know about it. (I need reference from the Quran and not any Fatwa please)

For sayem, please don't reply on my following opinion. Just concentrate on providing reference from the Quran.
[of course, Bangladesh is a country, not a Religous organization and Religion is no issue in the birth process of Bangladesh. So, it does not really matter, if girls playing cricket does not matches with the customs of some religion, if it is OK with the welfare of the country]Quran does not mentions anything specifically on Girls playing sport as with many other things, But it talks about priorities for men and women and shows us a guide. Now just because its not specific doesn't mean its ok. For example going clubbing is bad Islamically, where in the Quran the word clubbing is mentioned? So we use our intelligent togather with the correct interpretation from the Quran. I said Islamically girls playing cricket is not encouraged, for many reasons, I didn't say its haram so please read coments properly before replying so quickly.

Baundule
May 9, 2008, 06:22 AM
Quran does not mentions anything specifically on Girls playing sport as with many other things, But it talks about priorities for men and women and shows us a guide. Now just because its not specific doesn't mean its ok. For example going clubbing is bad Islamically, where in the Quran the word clubbing is mentioned? So we use our intelligent togather with the correct interpretation from the Quran. I said Islamically girls playing cricket is not encouraged, for many reasons, I didn't say its haram so please read coments properly before replying so quickly.

Not really! If you call for Islam to talk about anything, you should mention proper references from the Quran. Otherwise, you are not only discouraging something that is important for the country, but also disgracing the religion.

See, here we are discussing about an important achievement for the country and you are discouraging the girls playing cricket, trying to impose that it is not Islamic. So, it does really harm the achievement both ways. If the BCB follows your view, then they will stop girls' cricket (a loss for the country) in the name of Islam (though Islam does not suggest it)

rainmaniac
May 9, 2008, 07:40 AM
hats off to the tigresses..bringing pride to our country...:flag:loooootttttsssssss of hugs to them:big_hug:
those who really like n care 4 cricket, will not be seeing the gender of the players...they'll be seeing the performances...because when players perform, they concentrate on their game trying to bring victories 4 the country, n not on their looks.
n 4 those who r "biased", u ppl can get out from the 21st century n bd as well..

Fortuner
May 9, 2008, 11:15 AM

Thnks to agree...
i swear sm morons in our country dnt understnd certain things n never will...

bdchamp20
May 9, 2008, 11:32 AM
Thnks to agree...
i swear sm morons in our country dnt understnd certain things n never will...
Yup! Just like u and Sayem.

Fortuner
May 9, 2008, 03:25 PM
Yup! Just like u and Sayem.aint surprised by ur comment.
no wonder u call us moron coz u r one big moron. get a life man!!!!!, its cricket aftr all .dnt put too much heat on it.....

bdchamp20
May 9, 2008, 05:30 PM
aint surprised by ur comment.
no wonder u call us moron coz u r one big moron. get a life man!!!!!, its cricket aftr all .dnt put too much heat on it.....
Wow! Amazing! You're the one who's making a big deal out of BD girls playing. Afterall as u said it is just cricket!

sayem
May 9, 2008, 07:20 PM
Wow! Amazing! You're the one who's making a big deal out of BD girls playing. Afterall as u said it is just cricket! Yes, its only Cricket and Bd are trying to immitate the non-muslim nations and there way of life by changing islamic culture and priorties by..thats the danger here...simple people wont understand it..like your self

Antora
May 9, 2008, 08:22 PM
hmmm... interesting always beating "Pakistan" when we play "first ever something?"

haha that is so true!

Antora
May 9, 2008, 08:26 PM
I have a question...:-|
why does religion have to come in sport?

ehteshamul
May 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hello all Bhaiyyas, Apus and Apas,

The way things are going it appears it will soon end up a La Harbajan and Sreesanth encounter .

We must be aware that there are Multiple Match Referees in the form of Moderators and Super Moderators who scrutinize everything we discuss.

Before a Match fee is imposed on us i.e. closure/disabling of thread lets call it a truce.

Both sides are entitled to their respective opinions. No question about that. We all believe in freedom of speech.

At this point nobody is a winner. That should satisfy either parties.

A small observation on my part no offence to anybody.

We must realize that speaking against BD women playing cricket undermines the sentiment of all women of BD. As a neutral person I don’t think it is fair. Also remember there are Apus and Apas and most likely Bhabis and Khalas as well as members of BanglaCricket forum. By voicing sentiments like this it is going to hurt their feelings as well.

Sometimes controversial topics as this one should be best avoided and kept in one’s mind which is the safest route There is an old saying ‘Silence is sometimes golden ‘.

I hope for the sake of greater interest of the readers both sides will bury their hatchet and exchange warm handshakes albeit in writing.

Let’s move on with other aspects of this thread and treat war of words exchanged thus so far as an isolated incident .

And let us all live happily ever after!

bdchamp20
May 10, 2008, 04:23 AM
Yes, its only Cricket and Bd are trying to immitate the non-muslim nations and there way of life by changing islamic culture and priorties by..thats the danger here...simple people wont understand it..like your self
I am not sure if I'm meant to take your comment seriously. This just proves you dont care about culture or religeon, you just dont like girls playing. So why do you follow men's cricket? Non-Muslim countries like England, Australia and India were the pioneers and developers of cricket so arent our men's team also imitating the non-muslim countries by playing cricket? And yes it is just cricket no need to bring culture and religeon in it. And please stop spoiling it for us, let us celebrate our girl's success, go open another thread about banning cricket for women and complain over there as much as u like! I'm going to ignore you and Fortuners from now on. So stop boring us with your out-dated comments.

bujhee kom
May 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
baundule and bdchamp20, great respect and support for both of you!
ehteshamul bhai, your last post above is the best post of the year! you are kind, passionate and truly respectful!
cheers to all three of you!
go bd!

sayem
May 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
I am not sure if I'm meant to take your comment seriously. This just proves you dont care about culture or religeon, you just dont like girls playing. So why do you follow men's cricket? Non-Muslim countries like England, Australia and India were the pioneers and developers of cricket so arent our men's team also imitating the non-muslim countries by playing cricket? And yes it is just cricket no need to bring culture and religeon in it. And please stop spoiling it for us, let us celebrate our girl's success, go open another thread about banning cricket for women and complain over there as much as u like! I'm going to ignore you and Fortuners from now on. So stop boring us with your out-dated comments.ppl like u wont understand the wisdom in it....I am not going to drag this on forever...I hope ppl like you are nurtured and guided properly otherwise it will be a danger to our society.

Kathbirali
May 11, 2008, 01:19 AM
hats off to u, ehteshamul bhai... i just dont get why some ppl r never ready to appreciate if something good is done by girls.. if anyone has any problem with girls playing cricket, plz u hv all the rights to open a new thread.... if ppl cant stand our complement on girls' success, they dont hv the right to spoil this thread too... im not after anyone, i just want to say tht this thread is only to cheer our women's team, nothing else.. so there should be posts concentrating this topic...

arafath79
May 11, 2008, 09:45 PM
Bosti gula ektate matro jitsa tatei sobar lafalafi suru hoa geche. They still need long way to go.

Kathbirali
May 12, 2008, 12:27 AM
Bosti gula ektate matro jitsa tatei sobar lafalafi suru hoa geche. They still need long way to go.

Bosti gula!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder how silly ppl can be!!!!!!!!!!! ekta valo kisur proshongsha korte manusher atto koshto!!!?????!!! nijera to korei na, onnera korleo shojjho hoyna tader!!!!!!!!!! ki bichitro!!!!!

Antora
May 12, 2008, 05:37 AM

Can you please stop insulting them by calling them bosti?! serisouly some people these days. Yes they only won one game, that is better than losing all the games. Atleast they are out there giving it ago. When the men's team only wins one game shobai to lafalafi korey, tokhon to keu boley na je " matro ekta khela jiste tatei sobar lafalafi suru hoey gechey"! so why say that when the women's team play????

:mad::mad::mad:

sandpiper
May 12, 2008, 05:55 AM
Mr. Arafath79, you deserve a one month ban.

rainmaniac
May 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
I Am Just Shocked N Speechless...
Ppl Dont Even Know How To Celebrate...ashchorjo....
Onoboroto Insult Korai Jacche...
Wtf Is The Prob???????????????!!!!!!111

arafath79
May 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
Can you please stop insulting them by calling them bosti?! serisouly some people these days. Yes they only won one game, that is better than losing all the games. Atleast they are out there giving it ago. When the men's team only wins one game shobai to lafalafi korey, tokhon to keu boley na je " matro ekta khela jiste tatei sobar lafalafi suru hoey gechey"! so why say that when the women's team play????

:mad::mad::mad:

Jei Pakistan teamer saathe jitsa sei eki teamer saathe porar matcha below 100 run a allout !!! Lojja korana ? First win was a fluke !!!

Bosti gula!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder how silly ppl can be!!!!!!!!!!! ekta valo kisur proshongsha korte manusher atto koshto!!!?????!!! nijera to korei na, onnera korleo shojjho hoyna tader!!!!!!!!!! ki bichitro!!!!!

Ei rokom fluke win niya matamati korta amar lojja laage.

Mr. Arafath79, you deserve a one month ban.

Sotti kotha bollei sobar prestige a laage. /:)

bdchamp20
May 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
arafath79, these 3 Asia Cup teams have been playing for around 20 years, they have test status! While BD girls played their first proper tournament last year! And this is their first major tournament. I would rate the win against Pakistan higher than the men's team win over Pakistan in 1999. Tai na bujhe ultapalta kotha ektu komi boilen, bujhchen to?

BDML430
May 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
This is the first time BD girls are playing in international stage at this level. My hats off to the BD girls, they made Bangladesh proud. I hope they get more opportunities to play.

And for the people who don't like girls playing, WELCOME to 21st century. Get your mind out of stone age and join us in 2008. Time has changed and girls should be part of everything in our society including sports. It can only make our nation better.

arafath79
May 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
arafath79, these 3 Asia Cup teams have been playing for around 20 years, they have test status! While BD gils played their first proper tournament last year! And this is their first major tournament. I would rate the win against Pakistan higher than the men's team win over Pakistan in 1999. Tai na bujhe ultapalta kotha ektu komi boilen, bujhchen to?

Ami bujchi bhai. Ami jani BD women team just khela start korsa. Kintu emon bhabe celebrate kora hoche jeno mone holo BD women team Pakistan, India , Srilanakan women teamer moto strong ar oder consistently beat korta parbe. We should accept the reality and yes the win against Pakistan in 1999 WC was a fuke too. Apni bujha suna reality accept kora sikhen.

arafath79
May 12, 2008, 02:06 PM
And for the people who don't like girls playing, WELCOME to 21st century. Get your mind out of stone age and join us in 2008. Time has changed and girls should be part of everything in our society including sports. It can only make our nation better.

Ami kintu chai BD women team sobsomoy khelar modhe thakuk ar bhalo kheluk ebong boro boro teamer saathe consistently jituk. Ami tader against a na kintu ekta fluke win niya matamati korar against a. Apatoto tara kintu bosti women team. We should be patient.