PDA

View Full Version : The best test team in IPL

Tigers_eye
May 6, 2008, 03:45 PM
Bangalore.
I was the second one to vote for. Why is this madness going on? Now I see what Dravid brings in (lack of). Why Misbah is not getting time? Wasif jaffar in T20 is like asking Gavaskar to play 50 over match (not 60). Abdur Razzak needs to be in the playing 11. Kallis needs to rest. Captaincy needs to be done by someone else, may be Kumble.

sadi
May 6, 2008, 03:54 PM
Agreed though Dravid is picking it up now. They must play Misbah up the order with Cameron White. He can bat eventhough he scored a duck in his last game.

Ishtylish cricketer
May 6, 2008, 06:01 PM
Waiting for Tendulkar to return. Mumbai lost a lot when Bhaji was suspended. It was only a stupid slap! Why was he suspended for that many games? I've slapped my brother a few times I didn't get suspended from my family. People don't understand the idea of brotherhood cricket, like our Pakistani brothers do. Why wouldn't Bopara play in IPL? Missing out on the money and fun. He most likely won't play in the tests and a spot in the ODIs is not guranteed.

Sovik
May 6, 2008, 06:04 PM
Mumbai is in the best hands of Shaun pollock. He has lifted mumbai and his game

psj
May 7, 2008, 12:33 AM
Bangalore.
I was the second one to vote for. Why is this madness going on? Now I see what Dravid brings in (lack of). Why Misbah is not getting time? Wasif jaffar in T20 is like asking Gavaskar to play 50 over match (not 60). Abdur Razzak needs to be in the playing 11. Kallis needs to rest. Captaincy needs to be done by someone else, may be Kumble.

Dravid's main objective is to win the Fairplay Award.

Yasin
May 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
Delhi Daredevils :). Best batting lineup, and predictable but efficient bowlers.

Sovik
May 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
mumbai is in strong position. looks like they will beat rajsthan comfortably

scoilaheez
May 7, 2008, 10:27 PM
Bangalore.

Banglaore is a serious joke! Kallis and Boucher have been given way too many chances... Chanderpaul is a dud and they decide against playing their two most experienced 20-20 cricketers in Cameron White and Misbah ul-Haque. With White and Misbah together they may finally get a decent total together. Btw, someone needs to tell Dravid that kallis is not a 20-20 player!!

Sovik
May 8, 2008, 03:11 AM
Banglaore is a serious joke! Kallis and Boucher have been given way too many chances... Chanderpaul is a dud and they decide against playing their two most experienced 20-20 cricketers in Cameron White and Misbah ul-Haque. With White and Misbah together they may finally get a decent total together. Btw, someone needs to tell Dravid that kallis is not a 20-20 player!!

and who would tell dravid that he is not a 20-20 batsman either

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 02:21 PM
What can I say:

Dravid today had a strike rate of 45%. And today's game were shortened to 16 overs. Chandurpaul had a srike rate of 63%. Most importantly they failed to chase 129 runs and had 6 wickets in hand. wickets diya ki dhuiya khabey ekhon?

sadi
May 8, 2008, 03:26 PM
Today, Dravid came in a time when they seriously had to consolidate. All he did was waste some balls and scored 5 from 11 balls if I am not mistaken. Once he got out, Cameron White did his thing but it was too late by then. I seriously don't get what they see in Chanderpaul when they drop Misbah in favor of him.

Sovik
May 8, 2008, 04:22 PM
dravid and kumble should drop themselves and bring in some young guys and give boucher or zaheer khan to captaincy of the team

thebest
May 9, 2008, 02:24 AM
Dravid,
officially proved that he is not a captain material. What is the logic of playing C'paul when you have Misbah - the Mr T20.

Tigers_eye
May 9, 2008, 07:52 AM
Today, Dravid came in a time when they seriously had to consolidate. All he did was waste some balls and scored 5 from 11 balls if I am not mistaken. Once he got out, Cameron White did his thing but it was too late by then. I seriously don't get what they see in Chanderpaul when they drop Misbah in favor of him.
There is no time to consolidate in T20. They ended up with six wickets in hand and lost. At the end it all boils down to W or L. Wasting balls in T20 is a crime. Habitual criminals should be punished.

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2008, 09:54 AM
Looks like Kolkata is trying to challenge Bangalore on being the best IPL test team. 5 over gone with only 28 on board. 15 overs left.

Baundule
May 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
Looks like Kolkata is trying to challenge Bangalore on being the best IPL test team. 5 over gone with only 28 on board. 15 overs left.
TE bhai, the other day Shane Warne's team scored 15 runs in 5 overs and still could win. Once Hussey starts hitting, it will be a different story.

The bottomline is, no other team can beat Bangalore as the best test team in the IPL. They are completely unique, never try to take risks. In 20-20, building partnership or not, slowing down the attack will almost always ensure a defeat.

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2008, 11:26 AM
TE bhai, the other day Shane Warne's team scored 15 runs in 5 overs and still could win. Once Hussey starts hitting, it will be a different story.

The bottomline is, no other team can beat Bangalore as the best test team in the IPL. They are completely unique, never try to take risks. In 20-20, building partnership or not, slowing down the attack will almost always ensure a defeat.
133 is not a big total. With four wickets in hand this was way below par score. This should be fairly easy even as I speak Shoaib got Shewag out. The margin of error is very little for Kolkata.

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
looks like Asad Rauf is a Shoaib fan. Gave Tiwary an lbw. Tiwary pointed his bat to the umpire. I think there will be a fine coming. :)

Shoaib one man wrecking crew? I thought he was all washed up!!

Delhi 4 down. shoaib got 4 wickets.

sunny747
May 13, 2008, 01:14 PM
looks like Asad Rauf is a Shoaib fan. Gave Tiwary an lbw. Tiwary pointed his bat to the umpire. I think there will be a fine coming. :)

Shoaib one man wrecking crew? I thought he was all washed up!!

Delhi 4 down. shoaib got 4 wickets.

that was clear LBW

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
I didn't see the game just followed a little bit in the cricinfo.
that was clear LBW
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=446 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>It's game on here at Eden! If only you could listen to this crowd. Dhawan walks in</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>4.3</TD><TD width="100%">Shoaib Akhtar to Tiwary, OUT, He's on a hat-trick! Delivers from wide of the crease, he gives it everything and gets it to angle in sharply into the right hander, it hits Tiwary in line of offstump and Asad Rauf raises the finger </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=30></TD><TD>MK Tiwary lbw b Shoaib Akhtar 9 (7b 2x4 0x6) SR: 128.57 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>4.4</TD><TD width="100%">Shoaib Akhtar to Dilshan, no run, Dilshan faces the hat-trick ball, he gets a short one and the pull is mistimed to the on side </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>Shah Rukh's on his feet here</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>4.5</TD><TD width="100%">Shoaib Akhtar to Dilshan, no run, gets it to angle into the right hander, he wisely lets it go </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>There was a little bit of doubt as to whether Tiwary got a thin edge onto his pads. He showed his bat to the umpire in fact</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sohel
May 16, 2008, 04:09 AM
Unconfirmed report from http://www.chapa_ka_baji.edu.in

Charu "nice guy" Sharma was fired because of his failure to procure three other ideal players for the Bangalore Developmentally Challenged: -

1. Javed Omar Belim Golla.

2. KM Rajin Saleh Alam.

3. Ehsanul Haque Shezan.

All three were available at a remarkable bargain from neighboring Bangladesh.

Also, "nice guys" Dravid, Jaffer and Kallis formally expressed their shock at a local attempt to rename the BDC to BRS or Bangalore Royally Screwed. Union-related issues with local machinists.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 10:05 AM
Geez how bad is Bangalore (my team) in T20?

After 4 overs against Chennai they scored 16/1. Even in ODIs all 10 nations scores faster than this.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
Finally something positive. Show of class. Huge appeal by Gony, umpired shook his head and turned down the appeal and then Goswami walks!!

Bangalore will win the best sportsmanship team award. woohoo!! At least we will win something. Take that the other six team who won't be champs.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
This game is officially over. 7 overs 27/2 runs on board with Dravid bhai batting and Murali bhai bowling.

Baundule
May 21, 2008, 10:21 AM
This game is officially over. 7 overs 27/2 runs on board with Dravid bhai batting and Murali bhai bowling.

I guess, everyone here in BC is happy with that. ;)

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
Mesbah walks back to the pavilion. we crossed 40 in the 10 over. woohoo!! 41/4

Baundule
May 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
Bangalore 41/4 (10.0/20 ov)
Misbah has also failed. This shows how a bad management can ruin players.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 10:40 AM
50 in the 12 over. I wonder if we can cross 100. 1st four for the captain. 18 of 22 balls.

cricket_dorshok
May 21, 2008, 01:07 PM
T_E's (test) team finally won!!! At one stage Kings were 89/2 in chasing of 126!

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
I can't believe my eyes. Closed out cricinfo with Flemo in all flaims. Kallis's figure looks excellent. Kumble is the man. woohoo!!

Baundule
May 23, 2008, 03:02 AM
T_E's (test) team finally won!!! At one stage Kings were 89/2 in chasing of 126!

I'd say, Chennai lost. ;)