PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Samuels banned for two years

Miraz
May 13, 2008, 09:31 AM
Samuels given two-year suspension

<!-- S BO --> <!-- S IIMA --> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"> <tbody><tr><td> http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44649000/jpg/_44649701_samuels203cred.jpg The violation carries a minimum two-year ban

</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IIMA --> <!-- S SF --> West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels has been banned for two years after being found guilty of breaking rules designed to stop players betting on matches.
The International Cricket Council enforced a mandatory ban on the 27-year-old backdated from 9 May.
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) said Samuels had "received money, benefit or other reward which could bring him or the game into disrepute".
Samuels denied giving out any information to a bookmaker. <!-- E SF -->
But the ICC's acting chief executive David Richardson said: "We hope the case serves as a reminder to players and officials to remain vigilant.
"It is never pleasant when a player is banned, but the process in arriving at this point has been an extremely thorough one."
The West Indies committee looked into charges that the Jamaican had passed on team information to a bookmaker during a one-day series in India in January 2007.

Read full from BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/west_indies/7397378.stm)

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2008, 09:45 AM
Amra jotoi amader cheleder upor rag kori, Allah'r oshesh rohmotey ei shob crime'a ora joro hoi nai. At least from that end I salute all of our players.

Yameen
May 13, 2008, 09:49 AM
Its quite sad, he was coming into some good form just before a very important series against aussies..The windies really needed him but he only has himself to blame..

Rabz
May 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
Really sad for WI cricket.
They just cant afford to lose a player of his calibre.

Sad day for cricket.

sunny747
May 13, 2008, 01:18 PM
Amra jotoi amader cheleder upor rag kori, Allah'r oshesh rohmotey ei shob crime'a ora joro hoi nai. At least from that end I salute all of our players.

Well, nobody needs to be rocket scientist to know the outcome of Bd results. Bookmakers never had to ask.

bdchamp20
May 13, 2008, 01:36 PM
Although I condem Sumuels' act, I think this will be a huge blow to West Indies. West Indian cricket is in the crossroads and they cant afford to lose a player like Samuels and cricket cant afford to lose another top team.

BD-Shardul
May 13, 2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

[বাংলা]টিই ভাই, কোন্ দিন ঈদের চাঁদ উঠে, কেউ তো আর আগে থেকে বলতে পারে না, এই জন্য রক্ষা। নইলে.....[/বাংলা].:-D

Protic
May 13, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well.. not that i care much... but samuels was evolving as a cricketer.. !

AsifTheManRahman
May 13, 2008, 11:38 PM
Yay, we won't get beaten up the next time we play them.