PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Abahoni vs Mohamedan

sadi
May 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
Abahoni: Jahurul Islam, Mahbubul Karim, Shahriar Nafees, Tushar Imran, Shagir Hussain, Nadif Chowdhury, Rezaul Karim, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Rafique, Arafat Sunny, Nazmul Hussain, Thilina Kandamby, Aminul Islam (Coach)

Mohamedan: Imtiaz Hussain, Zunaed Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful, Rakibul Hasan, Aqeel Arshad, Anwar Hossain, Sohrawardi Shuvro, Dollar Mahmud, Tapash Baishya, Foysal Hussain, Minhazul Abedin (Coach)

Date: May 15th, 2008, 9.00 AM BDT
Venue: SBNS
TV: BTV

Anyone watching the game? Do share.....

Kabir
May 14, 2008, 10:56 PM
Is it OD or 3-day?

Murad
May 15, 2008, 12:24 AM
ki bepar... bangladesher manushgon aajke gelo koi...

keo dekhi ekta update o dichche na....

Razi
May 15, 2008, 01:17 AM
MSC: 133 all out after 48 overs. (Anwar 34, Aftab 26, Ashraful 24)

BANFAN
May 15, 2008, 01:20 AM
Mohamedan lost by 5 wkts.

Predicted Result !! :-)

mahbubH
May 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
MSC: 131/9 after 47 overs. (Anwar 45, Aftab 26, Ashraful 24)

Wow.. both of them played very good innings!! Congrats. We will give a good fight with this score as our captain is the best in the business.

Eshen
May 15, 2008, 01:30 AM
MSC: 133 all out after 48 overs. (Anwar 34, Aftab 26, Ashraful 24)
Thanks Razi. Looks like MSC is out of the title race.

Antora
May 15, 2008, 03:48 AM
oh..would you look at that...an Abahoni Mohamedan match!... haha i can tease my dad now... Mohamedan lost....GO ABAHONI! :D ( im watched the match...you're all jelous :-p)

Eshen
May 15, 2008, 05:37 AM
Mohammedan 133/10 Over - 47.2
Abahani Ltd 134/1 Over - 21.2
Abahani Ltd won by 9 wkts

Razi
May 15, 2008, 05:42 AM
Match Summary
Mohammedan 133/10 Overs - 47.2 (Anwar 34, Aftab 26, Ashraful 24)
Abahani Ltd 134/1 Over - 21.2 (Pavel 67*, Nafees 62*)
Abahani Ltd won by 9 wickets (Dhaka Premier Cricket Super League 08; Toss: Abahani; MOM: Sagir Hossain Pavel; Venue: SBNS; Date: 15th May 08)

crikfreak
May 15, 2008, 05:53 AM
oh cool.. abahoni won.. i wanted them to win this one..

Yameen
May 15, 2008, 06:01 AM
WTG Abahoni!!! very convincing indeed

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2008, 08:20 AM
So easy. Relegate Mohammedan.

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 08:47 AM
Thats explains why our natioanl team is doing so bad. Mohamedan is filled up with current [Zunaed, Aftab, Ashraful] and so called prospective future national players [Imtiaz, Imrul, Rakibul, Shuvro, Dollar] and still they are beaten by 9 wickets against a team who has just one struggling current natioanl player [Shahriar], one retired natioanl player [Rafiq] and few national reject [Tushar, Nazmul, Nadif] and few not even considered as future national prospect [ Ziaur, Arafat, Jahurul]

How pathertic.

cricket_dorshok
May 15, 2008, 09:18 AM
Good post Fazal mamu. But I am wondering do we have any future in cricket??????

MohammedC
May 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
Abahani Rules.

nasimul
May 15, 2008, 09:46 AM
Congratulation to Abahani. First time in my life feeling sad for Mohamedan (because of their star players). Eishob kheloarder Burigongar panite dobar ekhoni uttom somoy....

Rabz
May 15, 2008, 09:52 AM
Abahani wins!
Once again!

whats news?

moha modon who?

sadi
May 15, 2008, 09:52 AM
I won't be surprised if these so-called star players struggle to find a team next year. Congrats Abahoni.

dash
May 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
wht excuse siddons gonna give now, they were facing 150k bowlers,
they r just plain pathetic, cant even score in domestic matches, how do u expect to score ininternationals, by the way cheers for abahony (I am a fan u kno)

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 12:19 PM
Why Siddon have to give any excuse where he had no role in this game? I am rather waiting what excuse the 'choto' bolod and the 'boro' will give in the media.

akabir77
May 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ash rey captain banaiya jao ektu eid tid hoito shetao bondho hoiya galo...

We should drop him immediately...

Beamer
May 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
Just looking at some of the scores in the Premier League, it hurts me to say that scoring around 200 in a 50 over match against intl opposition is actually our standard of cricket. Look at the pathetic scores we normally post in domestic games. Team such as Mohammedan with all these national players should be scoring close to 280 every game, against every opposition. It also applies to other teams with good players as well. Siddons is right. Sorry to say it. Isn't it up to the individual players to feel insulted by such coach speak? Or, are we that content with life that just earning a BCB paycheck is good enough ? sigh..

I am going back to my self imposed exile for a little bit longer to recharge myself. Kudos to all of you who still get up everyday and post in the forum regarding our cricket. I have never been this disheartened since I joined this forum five years ago, specially in the aftermath of the Pakistan series, when it appeared to me that I wasn't able to contribute anything meaningful to this forum. Ran out of ideas actually. Nothing seems to work and we seem to be stuck in the same spin cycle. Wake me up from this nightmare!

al Furqaan
May 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thats explains why our natioanl team is doing so bad. Mohamedan is filled up with current [Zunaed, Aftab, Ashraful] and so called prospective future national players [Imtiaz, Imrul, Rakibul, Shuvro, Dollar] and still they are beaten by 9 wickets against a team who has just one struggling current natioanl player [Shahriar], one retired natioanl player [Rafiq] and few national reject [Tushar, Nazmul, Nadif] and few not even considered as future national prospect [ Ziaur, Arafat, Jahurul]

How pathertic.

this is both the most troubling and hilarious thing about it. as well as indicative.

our national teamers are shameless.

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
Why Siddon have to give any excuse where he had no role in this game? I am rather waiting what excuse the 'choto' bolod and the 'boro' will give in the media.

There was hardly anything left for Mohammedan coach Minhajul Abedin to say after this kind of pathetic performance.
"It's better to ask our captain (Ashraful) because why they even failed to score 200 runs," said a frustrated Minhazul. "We made the change in the batting line-up as there were big problems in the opening slot in the last few matches while Aftab came at number seven as we felt that it would be better to send a left-hander (Faisal Hossain) earlier to face their two left-arm spinners," explained the former national skipper. -- TheDailyStar

Where is Boro Bolod? La Patta?

We need an explaination.

cricket_dorshok
May 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
Is it OD or 3-day?
though a bit late but anyway
it was boloder (boro, choto, majhari, new, old, etc. bolod) khela.

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
Just looking at some of the scores in the Premier League, it hurts me to say that scoring around 200 in a 50 over match against intl opposition is actually our standard of cricket. Look at the pathetic scores we normally post in domestic games. Team such as Mohammedan with all these national players should be scoring close to 280 every game, against every opposition. It also applies to other teams with good players as well. Siddons is right. Sorry to say it. Isn't it up to the individual players to feel insulted by such coach speak? Or, are we that content with life that just earning a BCB paycheck is good enough ? sigh..

I am going back to my self imposed exile for a little bit longer to recharge myself. Kudos to all of you who still get up everyday and post in the forum regarding our cricket. I have never been this disheartened since I joined this forum five years ago, specially in the aftermath of the Pakistan series, when it appeared to me that I wasn't able to contribute anything meaningful to this forum. Ran out of ideas actually. Nothing seems to work and we seem to be stuck in the same spin cycle. Wake me up from this nightmare!

I feel for you Beamer.

I am a Abahani Fan but I cannot be happy with this type of performance by our so called stars (new and future). I wanted Abahani to win but I wanted a better fight.

Hope you will still stick around.

Nocturnal
May 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
[বাংলা]আবাহনী!!!!!!!!!! [/বাংলা] :notworthy:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f6bc9246b6.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

sadi
May 15, 2008, 01:07 PM
Couldn't say it better, Beamer. Don't know how to react anymore. Should we be shocked or angry? Should we be laughing at these losers or we should accept the reality and realize this is what they are capable off.

Tigers_eye
May 15, 2008, 01:28 PM
Onek onek din agey I said we don't need all strokemakers in our team. We can't reach 200 with that kind of team. Amar line'a ashtey dhiray ashtey hobey shobar.

Why was Rajin, Pilot ousted from the team? Naa, Rajin can't rotate strike, the days of shomman jonok porajoy is long gone. Even Shakib got some harsh criticism. Those who did needs start criticise these premadonnas harsher. Ash, Aftab are the most experienced yet the least consistant and productive. They are reason of our downfall. How does consistantly below 200 total runs feel to have? We are going backwards. Average 20 niya bahaduri dekhano ar lomba kotha shobha pai na.

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
Average 20 niya bahaduri dekhano ar lomba kotha shobha pai na.

Why not? They had a game plan. Boro Bolod said to Chot Bolod "I score 24, you score 26... we win". They are supposed to win kintu Pavel and SN majhe diyee Gondogoal lagayee dilo.

Tigers_eye
May 15, 2008, 01:45 PM
...They are supposed to win kintu Pavel and SN majhe diyee Gondogoal lagayee dilo.
I see, pavel and SN'er dosh. Fine them. If you do the crime you must do the time.

akabir77
May 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Onek onek din agey I said we don't need all strokemakers in our team. We can't reach 200 with that kind of team. Amar line'a ashtey dhiray ashtey hobey shobar.

Ai line ey besh shamner dikey amer obosthan. Kintu ai jonno onek gali khaisi from new people who came the site after WC07 wins...

Anyway I know we are going up. we have players but we just jumped to high. we need to get back the players like SN, Rajin, TI, NI and kapali in the team ASAP.

These young guys thinks they won the world. but instead they need a boot in their @$$. If ash can be non performing Captain i think TI has better experience and depth then him. He should be made captain and kept in the team it doesn't matter if he performs or not.

Now you know what Bashar means Captain doesn't need to perform... Hati morleo lakh taka dam...:notworthy:

Eshen
May 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
Saghir Hossain is selected the man of the match for taking 4 catches and scoring 67 not out.

Murad
May 15, 2008, 03:09 PM
chagoler dol shob batsmen amader.

ektar o mathai ghilu nai...

BD-Shardul
May 15, 2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Poated by [B]Tigers_eye{/B]

Why was Rajin, Pilot ousted from the team? Naa, Rajin can't rotate strike, the days of shomman jonok porajoy is long gone. Even Shakib got some harsh criticism. Those who did needs start criticise these premadonnas harsher. Ash, Aftab are the most experienced yet the least consistant and productive. They are reason of our downfall. How does consistantly below 200 total runs feel to have? We are going backwards. Average 20 niya bahaduri dekhano ar lomba kotha shobha pai na.

TE bhai, [বাংলা]আপনি ত দেখি মহা সত্য ভুলে যাচ্ছেন। সত্যটা কী জানি? ও, মনে পড়ল[/বাংলা]

"Form is temporary, class is permanent"

In that sense, everything is fine. Rajin, JO.....God has given them no class. So, national team is not for them. People should just loathe them. National team is just for the 'jodi laigga jai' type classy players. Stick to truth, don't go astray.

Originally Posted by [B]Beamer{/B]

Same here Beamer bhai [বাংলা] আসলে কী জানেন বীমার ভাই, এই পক্ষের আন্তরিকতা তো বেশিদিন টিকে না। আপনি হৃদয় দিয়ে ভালোবাসেন, আর প্রতিদানে যদি জুতার বাড়ি পান, তাহলে ভালোবাসা কয়দিন টিকবে? বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটেররা সেটা বোঝে কী না তা আমার জানা নেই।

আর মানুষের সবচেয়ে বড় জিনিস হল তার বিবেক। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটেররা তাদের প্যারফর্ম্যান্সক তাদের বিবেকের সামনে রেখে তাদের বিবেককে বিচার করতে বলুক, যে তারা কেমন খেলছে। তাদের বিবেক সম্ভবত বলবে যে তাদের প্যারফর্ম্যান্স ভালো। যেমন বলেছিলেন পাকিস্তান সফরে ৫৭ রান করে আসা বাংলাদেশের দ্বিতীয় সেরা ক্লাসি ব্যাটসম্যান। আর তাদের বিবেক এমন অন্ধ বলেই খারাপ খেলার জন্য ম্যাচ ফী কর্তনের প্রশ্নে এক ক্রিকেটার বলেছিলো, "আমরা এত টাকা কামচ্ছি, সেটা মনে হয় অনেকের সহ্য হচ্চে না"। এই অন্ধ বিবেকের অথর্ব দল কী একবার চিন্তা করে যে দেশের নানুষ তাদের কত ভালোবাসে? কত কুলি-মজুর দিনের কাজ না করে বউ বাচ্চার খাবার-দাবারের কথা চিন্তা না করে খেলা দেখায় সময় ব্যয় করে? ঢাকায় খেলা দেখার জন্য নোয়াখালি থেকে গাটের পয়সা খরচ করে চলে আসে? কত মানুষ তাদের জন্য নামাজ শেষে দোয়া করে? তারা কী একবার চিন্তা করে লাল-সবুজের জার্শি গায়ে জড়ানো কত বড় গর্ব আর সম্মানের ব্যাপার? করে না। আর করে না বলেই লাল-সবুজের সম্মনাটা রাখার কোন প্রচেষ্টাই করে না।

জিম্বাবুয়ে আর কেনিয়ার প্লেয়ারদের আমার এজন্যাই ভালো লাগে। ফর্ম নাই, টাকা নাই, ক্লাস নাই, কোচ নাই, অবকাঠামো নাই, প্রাকটিস নাই। তাতে কি? ডেশের মানুষের ভালোবাসা তাদের সম্বল, তাদের জাতীয় পতাকার রঙ তাদের অণুপ্রেরণা। আর আমাদের? অভাগা ফ্যানদের চড় থাপ্পর দেন অধিনায়ক সাহেব। দলের খারাপ প্যারফর্ম্যান্সক নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুললে উলটা ফ্যনাদের দাড়াতে হয় আসামীর কাঠগড়ায়। কারণ ফ্যানদের ধৈর্য নাই। প্রত্যাশ বেশি। প্রত্যাশা কমাতে হবে। সময় দিতে হবে। কারণ দলের সবার বয়স কম। কয়টা ম্যাচ খেলল সেটা বড় কথা না, বয়সটাই বড় কথা। মেলা কথার কারবার আর জারি-জুরির কাণ্ডকারখানা। সুতরাং, "ধৈর্য ধর ধৈর্য ধর, বাধো বাধো বুক"

কিন্তু বীমার ভাইয়ের মত ধৈর্য ধরতে ধরতে আমার বুক ভেঙ্গে গেছে। বুক আর বাধমু কেমনে? [/বাংলা] :( :hairpull: :mad: :wall:

al-Sagar
May 15, 2008, 09:48 PM
ki bepar... bangladesher manushgon aajke gelo koi...

keo dekhi ekta update o dichche na....

mohammedan abahani khelay ajkal ar sei uttejona nai.

ken nai seta gotokal ker khelay bojha gelo

al-Sagar
May 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
Is it OD or 3-day?

after u see the scorecard u will feel it was a half day match

Tehsin
May 15, 2008, 11:29 PM
In a sense BD inspired 20/20. Who has time to play full 50 overs and full day? We play our ODIs as 20/20, test matches as ODIs, and sometimes, 20/20s as 10/10s. If the trend continues, the world could expect a 10/10 revolution in a few years.

ABAHANI rocks!!!! Ei rokom joratali deya team niyeo MSC ke por por tin match (including a 20/20) e haralo.

after u see the scorecard u will feel it was a half day match

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2008, 11:38 PM
Abahani always plays with joratali deya team and yet they have won quite a few Premeir League championships.

Morale of the story: Team >> the individual

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2008, 11:46 PM
Anyway I know we are going up. we have players but we just jumped to high.
Why is Aftab batting at #3? Why can't we have someone sane, like Rakib at that position? Why is he sitting out day after day to make way for ugly sloggers?

Why weren't some of the older players given a good number of chances before we started moving them around and eventually dropping them? Why do we stick to brainless people for a stretch of more than a hundred games instead?

Cricket is a game of scoring runs and scoring runs is not independent of getting used to the pitch, seeing out the first few overs, rotating the strike and thereby accumulating. Slogging, on the other hand, is a tail ender's job.

They talk about power play advantages, I say pigs don't fly.

Nocturnal
May 15, 2008, 11:46 PM
Abahani always plays with joratali deya team and yet they have won quite a few Premeir League championships.

Morale of the story: Team >> the individual

well said ATMR :notworthy:

Eshen
May 16, 2008, 12:32 AM
Why is Aftab batting at #3? Why can't we have someone sane, like Rakib at that position? Why is he sitting out day after day to make way for ugly sloggers?
For the last two matches for Mohammedan, Aftab batted in #6 and #7 positions. It did not make any difference though, a bolod always acts like a bolod.

BANFAN
May 17, 2008, 01:56 AM
Sidon has spoiled the national team players, by trying to change their natural game.

That has never been possible anywhere. Players should be allowed to play to their own strength.

If we don't need a particular type of player in a particular position, we should replace him with the expected type of player. This match has shown, actually where our national team players stand at the moment.

Jamie Sidons is the biggest mistake of our cricket, I don't yet know, how much more damage he will do to our cricket. His approach could be applicable for under 15 cricket not for the national team.

Razi
May 17, 2008, 01:22 PM
Sidon has spoiled the national team players, by trying to change their natural game.

That has never been possible anywhere. Players should be allowed to play to their own strength.

If we don't need a particular type of player in a particular position, we should replace him with the expected type of player. This match has shown, actually where our national team players stand at the moment.

Jamie Sidons is the biggest mistake of our cricket, I don't yet know, how much more damage he will do to our cricket. His approach could be applicable for under 15 cricket not for the national team.

Spot on ...at the beginning i was also very excited about him like everyone but now i know what he worths actually...!!!

AsifTheManRahman
May 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
For the last two matches for Mohammedan, Aftab batted in #6 and #7 positions. It did not make any difference though, a bolod always acts like a bolod.
I was actually referring to his position in the national team. IMO, he shouldn't play at all.