PDA

View Full Version : Is there any further news on a 'proposed' Cox bazar cricket stadium?

Sadz
May 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
http://nation.ittefaq.com/issues/2008/04/30/news0589.htm

Hi, This is my first post since January and I wanted to know if this story is true. If yes please give a source because it it quite upsetting to hear that it is proposed to be built on a rice paddy field which is going to be a downhill step to eradicate poverty which still exists in areas. It is however exciting if it is true.

rainmaniac
May 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
stadium on a rice paddy field????
never even heard of such a plan...sorry..

thebest
May 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
just returned from Cox'sbazar. I actually enquired about it. Initial site was close to the beach but shocked to learn that it was moved Ukhia - middle of nowhere to satisfy the ego of local MP - Salahuddin Ahmed. So the story (which I did not read, but assuming from your post) is probably true.

bdchamp20
May 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
Is it going to be an international stadium?

BANFAN
May 18, 2008, 12:55 PM
We will not become self sufficient with the rice of an stadium area. A stadium could generate more money than the paddy field.

In BD every land is either a paddy field/graveyeard/Residence/market. Where is empty land for a stadium, except in the mountains of BB?

The guy who raised the point in the newspaper must be having a different interest. After all he has a pati buddhijibi identity of Lal/neel/Holud party.

Sadz
May 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
I sincerely hope this is going to be a fast track if the stadium goes through because practically thats the one thing we need and need it sooner rather than later!