PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful-Aftab dropped by Club Team!!

Rabz
May 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
This is really funny and embarrasing!

Mohammedan Club has dropped Ashraful the captain and two other senior national team players, Aftab and Zunaed today!

Club officials say a total lack of committment and responsibility were shown by the so called stars.
Mohammedan not only lost to BKSP and Abahani in a row to destroy any hopes of league contender, but now they are finishing third inspite a big-budget team.

As for players, i hope this should teach them a lesson but i know it wont.

Please read the www.bdnews24.com (http://www.bdnews24.com) report.

http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=27104&cid=5

Eshen
May 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
Knowing our players, they won't learn anything, but the national team management can sure learn something - keep Ashraful, Aftab, and Zunaed away from the national team. Those three currently are carrying the loser virus, the management needs to prevent them from passing it to other players.

Sadz
It might do the trick as it usually does but of course it all depends on the players. To be honest it is a big, big embarassment for Ashraful not because hes club captain but because the national captaincy was given from an experienced player to young Ashraful. Maybe its because he needs a rest, you don't know yet.

Omio
ki lojjjaaa..

They deserve this, lets see what JS say abt this matter.

Sadz
May 18, 2008, 02:10 PM
I would rather have a player like young Bashar than Ashraful because Ashraful very rarely produces even though sometimes he does really well.

cricket_pagol
May 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hat tip to Miraz bhai for reporting the news 7hrs earlier!!!

DS link
(http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=37186)

cricket_pagol
May 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
I would rather have a player like young Bashar than Ashraful because Ashraful very rarely produces even though sometimes he does really well.

Hey Sadz, are you Rabz's brother?

auntu
May 18, 2008, 02:31 PM
Great decision taken by MC. this so called stars sunk MC to this position; they don’t care about local league's any more.

Eshen
May 18, 2008, 02:33 PM
BTW, looking forward to see how Shuvo's team does against Biman on Wednesday.

Sohel
May 18, 2008, 02:50 PM
BTW, looking forward to see how Shuvo's team does against Biman on Wednesday.

We'll do better without the akaimmas, mark my words.

Miraz
May 18, 2008, 02:55 PM
[বাংলা]সব দোষ সোহেলের । সোহেল অলোককে সাথে নিয়ে আশরাফুল আর আফতাব কে AAA ব্যাটারী নামে ডাকার পর থেকে আশরাফুল আর আফতাবও অলোকের পথে যাচ্ছে ।

এইবার পুরো AAA ব্যাটারীকেই বাদ দেয়া দরকার । এর চাইতে আমাদের চান্দা ব্যাটারীই ভালো ছিলো । [/বাংলা]

:D

:-p

Sohel
May 18, 2008, 03:03 PM
[বাংলা]সব দোষ সোহেলের । সোহেল অলোককে সাথে নিয়ে আশরাফুল আর আফতাব কে AAA ব্যাটারী নামে ডাকার পর থেকে আশরাফুল আর আফতাবও অলোকের পথে যাচ্ছে ।

এইবার পুরো AAA ব্যাটারীকেই বাদ দেয়া দরকার । এর চাইতে আমাদের চান্দা ব্যাটারীই ভালো ছিলো । [/বাংলা]

Guilty !

Now AAA stands for Amago Akaimma Ahammoks ... ;)

BANFAN
May 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
A MSC victory will damage their (3) career severely. Probably they needed a lesson.

auntu
May 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
du chair ta baattery ki eidike deon jai naki?

Electricity er je obostha ....

ialbd
May 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
thats a start..... shathe 5 ta kore publicly thappor lagay dite parle aro helpful hoito....

tonoy
May 18, 2008, 03:48 PM

OH Please, Miraz. I still remember how you were all for Ashraful becoming the VC and wont let anyone express their opinion on the congratulatory thread. In fact, you really loved the idea of ash captaining BD. ;)

cricket_dorshok
May 18, 2008, 03:48 PM
This is the news I was waiting for a long time. If you don't perform (be in national side, club, division, whatever) you don't have any place in the playing XI. National selectors should learn from MSC. Now, MSC needs to win the match without all these akaimma.

mahbubH
May 18, 2008, 04:05 PM
Good move by Mohammedan!! Hope this will help BD cricket in the long run.

ehteshamul
May 18, 2008, 05:21 PM

Mohammedan Club has dropped Ashraful the captain and two other senior national team players, Aftab and Zunaed today!

Club officials say a total lack of committment and responsibility were shown by the so called stars.
Mohammedan not only lost to BKSP and Abahani in a row to destroy any hopes of league contender, but now they are finishing third inspite a big-budget team.

There you go the inevitable has happened.

On May 3 2008 I had opened a thread: Should BCB give a Break to Ashraful for The Upcoming Triangular Cricket Event?

There were mixed responses.

Most said Yes. Some said No.

I was however convinced sooner or later it would happen though the happenings now is at the league level chances are that it might happen at the National team level as well.

I think the break is good for him. He needs to think seriously what is he doing wrong and what needs to be done to get back his form.

Time to think hard and Soul Searching.

Now that his ego is hurt being removed from both Captaincy and the Playing Eleven he will come back with a vengeance.

We have seen Dav Whatmore doing the same in the middle of a series and Ash cameback strongly by scoring a double century.

Our Guru Siddons along with BCB Selectors should take due note what they could not do Mohammedan club had done because it needed to be done in the greater interest of the Club and Team at least on a temporary basis.

This incident will also make Guru Siddons and BCB Selectors rethink in the composition of BD team for upcoming triangular.

Ash is no 1 amongst my favorite cricketers. But if you do not perform The Head should Rule the Heart. That is exactly what has happened.

So Bravo Mohammedan Management for taking a very bold step and the Right one in the present context.

I am pretty sure he will soon comeback with a bang.

And when he does come again we hope to see the old Ash making us and the country proud with some Classics.

I have my fingers crossed what Guru Siddons and BCB SELECTORS does now.

Roni_uk
May 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
So in summary the three rejects of Mohammedan Club are our national team's hope??????

Shehwar
May 18, 2008, 05:37 PM
Nice! It was about time....I actually would love to know how many match winning knocks have they played for any of the clubs they ever played for!

kalpurush
May 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
[বাংলা]গরম খবর দেখছি! এইবার জমবে আসল খেলা...;):d[/বাংলা]

SS
May 18, 2008, 06:16 PM
Mohammedan drop korlo ebar
Amader shob superstar
list contains Ash, Aftab Big Z
You know now who are main oporadhi

sadi
May 18, 2008, 07:22 PM
They are so stupid. Some of the players actually think they were rested.

Fazal
May 18, 2008, 07:26 PM
The more embarrassment is yet to come.

While the local team has the courage to make this kind of bold decision and acknowledge the mistake and cut loss and move on.... now national team selectors will still select these three players to be out building block of our upcoming series ignoring their failures in recent national and local games. And some fans will continue to hope against all odds that they will produce against India and Pakistan.

And thats the real embarrassment.

Eshen
May 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
Guess which bolod thought he has been rested (not dropped)? Yeah, most of you got it right, it was Aftab :lol:

Gowza
May 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
true, i mean if a club team doesn't think they're committed enough then i don't see how they could be committed enough to play internationally. i guess they could be using the club matches as a time to relax but tbh they've done so poorly for the national team they don't deserve to relax. until they can start performing internaitonally they should be taking domestic cricket as serious as possible.

kalpurush
May 18, 2008, 07:45 PM
They are so stupid. Some of the players actually think they were rested.
I though I were the only one in that list!!! Now, I have few friends too!:hairpull:

BD-Shardul
May 19, 2008, 12:26 AM
ki lojjar kotha. National team captain can't ensure his place in a local team. Shame to our national selectors too. Even the local club selectors have the gut to drop classy players, national selectors don't.

er por o jodi ei dui beshorom er laj na hoy, tahole ar konodin hoibo na. I will then call them bishsho-beshorom.

BD-Shardul
May 19, 2008, 12:27 AM
Guess which bolod thought he has been rested (not dropped)? Yeah, most of you got it right, it was Aftab :lol:

Actually Aftab was in confusion. Either way, he told, he was fine. :-|

Sohel
May 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
As expected, we won by 7 wickets without AAZ.

BTW, here are a few numbers: -

1. Kepten Ahammok Double Figures Batil: 8 matches, 189 runs, API 23.6 ... HS 70*

2. Baitt'ha Pakistane Bou Loya Bhaloi Khelsi Ahammok Sodree: 6 matches, 83 runs, API 13.8.

3. Tor Abar Ki Hoilo Imroze: 8 matches, 118 runs, API 14.75.

al-Sagar
May 19, 2008, 02:32 AM
so when these players are dropped by their club they are not good enough for the club.

so how can these player be good enough for a the national team ????

i hope they are also dropped from the national team

BD-Shardul
May 19, 2008, 03:07 AM
so how can these player be good enough for a the national team ????

Only Good enough? eida ki kon miya bhai? Ash is good enough to captain national side.

Rabz
May 19, 2008, 04:16 AM
Hey Sadz, are you Rabz's brother?

:o:o

:floor:

Names could be deceiving......

No, he is not my brother...:)

crikfreak
May 19, 2008, 05:42 AM
this is sooo cool!!! they've finally been dropped.. i was waiting for this news for soooo loong... this is really embarrasing for them.. kicked out of their own club!! ha.. now.. will the national selectors kick them out as well??i can't believe they were kicked out of their clubs!! god this must be soo embarrasing for them.. but they deserve it... after a long time i've found what i was looking for in bc.. actually.. no.. i'm looking for the news of them being kicked out of the national squad.. but this is close enough..

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
Easy come easy go!!

You won't see me giving due kudos to Mohamadan every now then. Either I would skip the thread or bash some more.

But this is different. They have done something that affects our national team in a positive way. From an Abahani Fan, I convey my "Salaam" for choosing them in the first place and then dropping the non-performing three.

Fazal
May 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
Yes I agree with TE. Modamedan did a very couragous thing and that is dump the non-performers and cut loss and make a strong statement. And as a Non Modamedan Fan I have to give credit to them. Beacuse as you said its a good move for our national team... however will our natioanl team selectors will get the signal and learn from their junior (in terms of status) how to deal with the dead woods?

akabir77
May 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
I feel SAD for those three. I know at least they r trying hard to get out from this bad Patch and I think r stuck in between. Cause they were heavily praised on time to play the way they play now all of a sudden they were told to play in the box. Now because of their lack in experience and real cricket knowledge they r failing to cope with it.

MSC took the right decision and so should BD but still i feel sorry for the trio and hope they change their game which they should have done when they started playing...

ehteshamul
May 19, 2008, 10:16 AM

Thanks to Mohammedan Management for the Big step to restore sanity in the team

The impact as we see bore instant results.

Mohammedan won against City Club beating them by seven wickets.

Reshuffling the team had brought about immediate results

Now over to BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans.

Take a leaf out of Mohammedan’s BRAVE DECISION .They have no BCB Selectors nor any batting coach.

But they have one important thing - COMMON SENSE.

Why COMMON SENSE? In any working environment a person is accountable to the company \ organization for his/her performance be it be a Shadharon Chakor ,Darwan, Clerk, Officer, Manager, Director, MD .

If they fail they are either demoted as a means of punishment, Laid Off (in North America and other developed countries) sacked or replaced.

Same theory applies in the playing arena like Cricket as well. So if a cricketer be it be a Captain or just a member of the team is not performing he may get a temporary or extended layoff or replacement. There is no respite from that.

Second important thing ie when replacement has been made they must ensure they choose the right fit to recompose the team.

Mohammedans Management have done that and they are getting immediate Results

So BSB Selectors and Siddons Bhaiyyajans it would make sense to take lessons from the Mohammedan Management.

So my question to you is are you going to extend the JAMAI ADOR to the golden boys?

Everyone is contemplating a brave decision from your end? If you don’t chances are People will brand you with weird usernames .They have already coined Two Bolods –Choto and Boro to players. They are not saying it intentionally but it is coming out of anger, frustration and disappointment because time and again they are failing and there is a limit for cricket fans like us to swallow the bitter pill.

The other thing is once BCB Selectors have decided the selection of BD team for the triangular, it is time they do performance appraisal of the Coach.

He is off course in the probation period and I guess if he has completed 6 months then he is now due for that.

So far we have not heard anything as such. Just one interview with a Journalist with Siddons which incidentally was far from satisfactory.

Anyway as an avid Fan of BD team I have spent quite a number of hours to prepare a summary of Net Results that we have gotten from Siddons so far which I am presenting before the readers.

This is my perception as I see it .I may be right and wrong. Correct me if I am wrong at any point But I strongly feel that I must bring it to the attention of readers to see what they think about it.

Here you go.

What’s The Net Results From Siddons So Far

Series Victory - One.
Academic interest as it was against Ireland- Associate Member of ICC.

3 Series losses: New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan .

Team Performance: Overall Team Performance Very Poor.

Individual batting Pretty good actually: Tammim, Nafees( per Ireland success), Junaed (Per NewZealand Success), Riyad, Sakib, Dhiman.

Batting Failure: Ashraful, Aftab.

Opening Pair: Only One consistently Performing - Tammim.

Rest : Flop Masters.

Top order – Consistent Failure: Ashraful, Aftab.
Middle Order: Saqib, Riyad, Dhiman – Good Improvements.

Bowling – Downhill
Mashrafe (up and down).

Rasel lost his sharpness and striking abilities.

Razzaq – lost his form and Wicket Taking Abilities.

Shahadat –Great Improvements – SURELY A POSITIVE FROM SIDDONS.

Fielding: Downhill (Much poorer than Whatmore period).

Expectation/Goal – It will put a Bangladesh kid to shame when He/She listens Guruji to the fact:

Siddons wants us to crawl from 9 to 8 to 7 by 2011.

By the look of things under his present Vision and Tactics even that seems a remote possibility.

Even a small School going Kid knows he has to set a Goal/target for himself in order to do better in the exam.

If the Kid sets a Goal/Target that he wants to get 100 in Math’s, chances are he will end up in the 80 - 90 range unless he is an outstanding one and gets 100.

Now if the Kid reduces his Goal/Target to 80 he will probably end up in the 60 - 70 range.

If the Kid sets a goal of 60 the passing grade ( I do not know if that is the correct one for us now in BD context for schools ) and if he is lucky he will scrape through but chances are the Kid may fail.

Siddons has gone on record saying it is unrealistic for us to Win The World Cup in 2011.

We all know it is next to impossible. My point is what is the problem of setting a Higher Expectation/Goal.

When one sets Higher Expectation/Goal there is the inner hunger /effort/initiative to do better. Even if they can leap 2 positions higher at 2011, it will be a good achievement .But if you say at the very outset we cannot do it. It is a defeatist mentality unbecoming of a Head Coach.

We all know that Coach Siddons cannot solve so many problems that are confronting us

I will pinpoint a few:

Average pace attack- none is a master of swing bowling capable of quick dislodging opposition core batting line up.

Our Batsman are not accustomed to bouncy pitches because we don’t have one. So how de we expect to have our batsmen do well abroad which are predominantly tailor made Bouncy pitches.

Unstable Opening pair. Only One performing -Tammim Iqbal.

The opening batsmen are expected to set up a decent total for the subsequent middle order and tail enders to finish up with a decent Score. That is not happening.

Fielding – Hardly anything to write about. They say Catches win Matches especially if tthe top batsman gets a Life you don’t get a second chance and the fate of the match is changed. We are indeed poor in this department.

Captaincy – Captain is not performing at all - How can a non performing Captain motivate the team?

Siddons and BCB are making selectoral blunders. They are exposing stroke makers Aftab, Ashraful upfront at 3, 4 positions. How long can these players curb their natural style? It simply does not work work and has ended up in disastrous results for them and the team.

Siddons is trying them to change Batting Style.

For experienced players at an advanced stage it is dificult to change their batting style.

Siddons have so far been unable to do that with Ash, Aftab because they have become accustomed to a style which is difficult to change. That is one of the prime reason of Ash and Aftab’s failure because Siddons is trying them to change their style.

Lack Of Vision, Game Plan.

The Head Coach requires a lot of future Vision, Game Plan for the team to succeed .Siddons is not on the same mould as Dav Whatmore. With him we are experimenting a Batting Coach in a new role of Head Coach.

It is a Trial and Error. We had no choices because he was the best available one at that time as nobody was willing to become our Coach .

Trial and Error in any form takes time to work out compared to a Proven one. The results are there for everyone to see with Dav Whatmore a proven Performer ( Masterminded Sri Lanka to win World Cup in 1996 } bringing us some great victories against the top teams against Jamie Siddons (Batting Coach with zero experience of Head Coach ) struggling to find victories for us.

One hopes Siddons will restrategise and Gift us some Victories.

All the best Guru Siddons.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
Dear esteshamsul,
eto boro post kano? Jodi ami dhoirjjo harai feli tobey polapain tho dui para'r por ar porbey na.

Point one: Common sense gave the players sign contracts for one year. They will get the bhata no matter what. What do they care? A couple of 50 before the new signing season and everything will be forgotten.

Point two: Mohamadan winnings against City was a formality. This is not a dividends of sacking the superstars. Even AA included Mohamadan team would won against City. City is that bad.

Point three: The evaluation and how to tackle the problems are purana pachal. oita cut korley shobai pura post portho.

Don't take this as a criticism. Take it as a feedback.

Rabz
May 19, 2008, 01:35 PM
Ehteshamul is planning to fill in the gaps left by our beloved Vlad-mamu.

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2008, 11:11 PM
This gets funnier everyday. At least he'll be able to do stand up comedy when he gets the kick from the selectors. No wonder he'll do well in his second job - he won't even have to try :)

sunny747
May 20, 2008, 12:03 AM
bd players shouldn't get married. I see significant change in their attitude after they tie the knot.
They have taken this Bd team as granted. That is their main problem.

BD-Shardul
May 20, 2008, 12:25 AM
MSC's Mahmudur Rahman said, "There is no place for emtion in professional cricket". That is you get paid to perform, not for your class, fame or form.

auntu
May 20, 2008, 03:31 AM
marrage is nothing to do with this. If u dont have guts to take responsible u will face probe ghore baire dui jaigai.

Anher
May 20, 2008, 06:58 AM
bd players shouldn't get married. I see significant change in their attitude after they tie the knot.
They have taken this Bd team as granted. That is their main problem.

[বাংলা]বিয়ের পরেই আদিম বাংলাদেশি জন্মপ্রদান কালচারের মত ওরাও হয়ে যায় "মানুষ বানানোর কারিকর"। ক্রিকেটাররা তো চিন্তা করা শুরু করে কিভাবে কি করলে তার ভবিষ্যত প্রজন্ম লারা টেন্ডুলকার হবে। সালমা চামেলি পান্না অবশ্য মেয়ে সন্তান দিয়ে কি করা যায় তার একটা পথ দেখিয়ে দিয়েছে। [/বাংলা]

Kabir
May 20, 2008, 08:32 AM
eto boro post kano? Jodi ami dhoirjjo harai feli tobey polapain tho dui para'r por ar porbey na.

Dui para is an overkill after seeing who wrote the post!

Funny guy...he says "humor has no room for me", and he titles his post as: "BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans - How Long Are You Going To Continue Your Jamai Ador With The Golden Boys (Ashraful, Aftab, Junaed)?"

Contradictory to say the least. Forum e aisha alga pechal.

Sohel
May 20, 2008, 08:43 AM

Funny guy...he says "humor has no room for me", and he titles his post as: "BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans - How Long Are You Going To Continue Your Jamai Ador With The Golden Boys (Ashraful, Aftab, Junaed)?"

Abar lekchar sunar dhanday achho, naki tale-i naimma gyala miyabhai ? ... :lol:

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2008, 08:45 AM

kabir mia,
ektu gorom monay hoi? tehsin-mahmood permission diya disey. jay kau alga pachal partey parey. ajaira non-ajaira but I don't think they would have an audience to listen to unless it is channeled properly.

Kabir
May 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
kabir mia,
ektu gorom monay hoi? tehsin-mahmood permission diya disey. jay kau alga pachal partey parey. ajaira non-ajaira but I don't think they would have an audience to listen to unless it is channeled properly.

Aray Mijan bhai...ei Democratic society te shobar e right ase alga pechal er...but mainshe jodi democratic rights niya shobaire bebohar ebong achar achoron shikhay, taile to bhai bacha mushkil!

Tehsin bhai r Mahmood bhai bechara ra r ki korbe...shorol prokitir manush, mana o korte parey na.

Kabir
May 20, 2008, 08:53 AM

Secret to success in online e mara mari - ja bolar boila de dour! Lungi dhora lagbey na...emne dour dilei hobe. Tarpor r ke pay!!! :lol:

thebest
May 20, 2008, 09:02 AM
Thank God I am an Abahoni Supporter. But congratulate Mohamodan management. This is the best thing they have done
Kabir Vaijan,
apni to lungi tuila dour diben, kintu oi lecture to amago suntey hoibo

Kabir
May 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
apni to lungi tuila dour diben, kintu oi lecture to amago suntey hoibo

Taile apnio dour diyen. Aste aste shobai dour dile kharap hobe na...tokhon lecturer khali monitor er shonge kotha bolbe ;)

sadi
May 20, 2008, 09:14 AM
Ongshogrohoni boro kotha, audience thaklo ki gelo who cares. :)

Fazal
May 20, 2008, 09:17 AM
http://www.thekkottil.com/pradeep/images/kerala/lungi1.jpg
Kabir and thebest ..... taking preparation before running for their life.

ssaadi123
May 20, 2008, 09:22 AM
HA HA HA HA HA i can't stop laughing when i read the "Drop" news... are they ashamed? i don't think so cuz ashraful and aftab are shameless...

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2008, 09:28 AM
marrage is nothing to do with this...
In general, getting married at 20-21 has a big impact on players performance in the cricket ground. There are few exceptions but they are only exceptions. Most of us have gone through 20-21 and know what we were capable of doing at that age. Supporting a family and day-to-day issues (bou'er panpanani, shasuri-nond vs bou conflict, baccha-kaccha'r abdar, oshuk) was not one of them. Marriage is a big responsibility. Not just the fun-fun part.

kisu poisa earn korlai biya kortey hobey?

KnightBD
May 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
Dropping Ash and Aftab is the best decision Mohamodan has made and they are back on winning track. May be our Nat selector should follow the suit!

Kabir
May 20, 2008, 09:56 AM

:floor:

This made my day!!!

BANFAN
May 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
In general, getting married at 20-21 has a big impact on players performance in the cricket ground. There are few exceptions but they are only exceptions. Most of us have gone through 20-21 and know what we were capable of doing at that age. Supporting a family and day-to-day issues (bou'er panpanani, shasuri-nond vs bou conflict, baccha-kaccha'r abdar, oshuk) was not one of them. Marriage is a big responsibility. Not just the fun-fun part.

The Ghora takes over the brain and marriage only looks like a pleasure at that age. Marriage is the only way to control the horse in most of our society. The accompanied baggage that you mentioned, they get to realize after.

By then everything's finished and the horse turns into a dunkey. :)

sadi
May 20, 2008, 10:55 AM
By then everything's finished and the horse turns into a dunkey. :)

Lol....... :floor:

Fazal
May 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
Looks like the fool was partially right. It was a 'giving some of them them rest' indeed, not dropping them out.

The Fool was right. The role changes. Who is the fool now?

Rifat
May 20, 2008, 04:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bangladesh Cricket Comedy(BCC) continues... when will it stop, seriously, Bangladesh is a joke to cricket! i feel no sense of shame saying that, (i am sorry, i am in a very bitter mode right now!)

AsifTheManRahman
May 20, 2008, 05:45 PM
Well, at least we have something to laugh about as a nation. We should be thankful to the cricket team, because Bangladeshi lives are otherwise very depressing in general.

ehteshamul
May 20, 2008, 08:37 PM

Hello Brothers ( Sohel NR, Kabir, Tigers’s Eye)

Thanks for your wonderful comments !

First I would congratulate all of you for bowling spot on bouncers at me and not beamers.

Where bouncers = criticizm connected to cricketing matters and
beamers = criticizm related to non cricketing matters

That in itself is an achievement for all of you

Now over to alga pechal you are claiming.

It is true I write long posts. There is a reason for that.

To me writing post/thread is just not 2 3 lines but to enlighten readers of certain cricketing facts that they may not be aware. In this connection I may dare say I do have a wealth of Cricket resources that I use as reference when I write my postings and threads.

So my due apologies for those who feel bored by this which is understandable. But believe me there are people who have greatly appreciated my postings and threads.

One even said one of my postings was the best of the year. He is incidentally a senior reader.

Besides that my postings contentswise quality have also been acknowledged some time back by Bangla Cricket Forum staff which in itself is an achievement for me.

So if handful of you continue to bowl bouncers at me, I am capable and competent enough to tackle it because I know very well my posts and streams are quality stuff.

I have weathered the initial storm when I started opening a lot of threads. Some of the persons who vehemently opposed actually after they realized the quality of material acknowledged it and later on we became buddies.

I am taking it sportingly.

I have no regrets or hard feelings.

May god bless all of you with your upcoming postings and threads.

I wish all of you the very best .

Cheers!

ehteshamul
May 20, 2008, 09:34 PM
Ongshogrohoni boro kotha, audience thaklo ki gelo who cares. :)

Hello Saadi,

That was a very appropriate and pragmatic comment.

I appreciate that.

Full marks to you for that.

From now on we are buddies.

Cheers!

RazabQ
May 21, 2008, 12:39 AM
Err ehteshamul, all very nice but could you please lay off the BOLD? It's a tad much. -- Mod

Fazal
May 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
Now I see the whole picture.
Apparently these three bolods are not your every day street bolods.... they are smart folks deceiving us and pretending un the hood of stupid-ness to achieve something special for the players in general... and that is ... REVENGE!.

Remember before the tournament starts there was an ugly incident between a player and a Mohammedan official where the Mohammedan official physically assaulted that player in front of everybody in BCB office lobby? What was the end result? Have you seen any body punished? Any conclusion of the investigation? As usual, like any investigation, end result was NILL... Nada... Golla.

So my guess those three heroes (plus few) decided to make a statement and punish Mohammedan in a unique way. And that’s what they did. They loose those critical games to make sure Mohammedan doesn’t become the Champion. Only after they made sure Mohammedan goes to gutter they convincingly beat Biman to show the crowd what they just did... i.e. .... they took the revenge in a unique way.

So before you call them a Ghadha or a Bolod... think twice.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
Now I see the whole picture....

So before you call them a Ghadha or a Bolod (B)... think twice.
Had you been a mohamadan supporter your excuse would have been a genuine one.

You are giving too much credit to the B's (no longer the A's). They don't have that much sense in them to fight for their peers. They can't fight for themselves for crying out loud.

Fazal
May 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
.... and why they did so bad against Pakistan?
They wanted to teach a lesson to BCB also for not protecting the player's interest.

BANFAN
May 22, 2008, 01:07 PM
.... and why they did so bad against Pakistan?
They wanted to teach a lesson to BCB also for not protecting the player's interest.

I think it may be a protest against JS

The poor fielding, Process of getting out, Not so unhappy getting out, Ash seeing positive (Speaking Like JS), Players saying satisfied scoring nothing ... they are not so much bolod. In fact they were teasing the team rules. I think, I felt it during the series. But as time is passing, it gets more and more clear.

Ultimately they are loosing, but at that age in BD, the boys when they get protibadi, they forget their future. We have seen these many times in scools, colleges. newcomers in job etc etc

Farhad
May 23, 2008, 01:37 AM
Wow. After reading the title. I was worried it was that part-time English club he signed with. That would have been a hundred times more embarrassing. Good for MC :up:

desirocker
May 23, 2008, 02:12 AM
haha, good job. i hope they both get dropped in future tours

Ajfar
May 23, 2008, 10:43 AM
now guess which bolod got the award of borso sera player frm prothom alo...yup...sobar choker moni...ashraful...o bolche o goto bochor valo khelche..kintu 2008 e pach ta mash chole gelo ekhono valo khelte pare nai...or asha ache o form e firbe..ebong bangladesh ke aro onek onek joy upohar dibee..

lamisa
May 23, 2008, 11:41 AM
haha,the aftab thing was really funny!atleast ash was smart enough 2 figure out that he was droppd and he appreciated it.i saw it in jayjaydin that he said that clubra eto taka khoroch kore player bhara korbe r perform na korle toh team theke dropii korbe

BD-Shardul
May 23, 2008, 05:28 PM

[বাংলা]টি_ই ভাই, কিছু পয়সা কামাই করলেই বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটারেরা রোমান্টিক গ্রহে বসবাস শুরু করে। সেই গ্রহে কেবল স্বপ্ন, কোন responsibility র চিন্তা থাকে না। কিন্তু পরে বিয়ে করে যখন আবার এই পৃথিবীতে প্রবেশ করে, তখন bou'er panpanani, shasuri-nond vs bou conflict, baccha-kaccha'r abdar, oshuk এই সকল কারণে খেলার মাঠের responsibility কথা চিন্তা করার সময় পায় না। আর ফলাফল ত সবার ই জানা।[/বাংলা]

BD-Shardul
May 23, 2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by lamisa
haha,the aftab thing was really funny!atleast ash was smart enough 2 figure out that he was droppd and he appreciated it.i saw it in jayjaydin that he said that clubra eto taka khoroch kore player bhara korbe r perform na korle toh team theke dropii korbe

Apu, aftab is no bolod. Bhab dekhay erokom, jeno bujhtesena drop korse naki rest dise. Shojag manush jodi ghumer bhan koira pore thake, sei manushke ki apni ghum theke tulte parben? Shalar Aftab miya sei rokom.

Zunaid
May 23, 2008, 06:58 PM
Apu, aftab is no bolod. Bhab dekhay erokom, jeno bujhtesena drop korse naki rest dise. Shojag manush jodi ghumer bhan koira pore thake, sei manushke ki apni ghum theke tulte parben? Shalar Aftab miya sei rokom.
J
Je erokom bhab dekhae, she hochchay ashol bolod.

lamisa
May 24, 2008, 11:55 AM

are i was trying to point out ash's smartness here

sbsash
July 10, 2008, 03:37 PM
Knowing our players, they won't learn anything, but the national team management can sure learn something - keep Ashraful, Aftab, and Zunaed away from the national team. Those three currently are carrying the loser virus, the management needs to prevent them from passing it to other players.
os
Very funny,but are you serious or trying to be funny.

sbsash
July 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
And it really is embarasing.

sbsash
July 10, 2008, 08:46 PM
Those 3 should be embarrased especially Ashraful.

Imtiaz
July 11, 2008, 02:58 PM
Would Ronaldo be paid GBP 120000 per week if he did not score around 40 goals a season ? The answer is No.

So why should any club pay our loitering fools any money for not scoring runs - be they national "heroes" or not ? It 's the market !