PDA

View Full Version : Alok Kapali and Mushfiqur Rahim in preliminary Asia Cup Squad!

bdchamp20
May 22, 2008, 11:01 AM
National team discards all-rounder Alok Kapali and wicket-keeper Mushfiqur Rahim have been named in the premilinary squads for the Asia Cup. Mehrab Hossain Jr., Sajedul Islam, Mosharof Hossain, Nazmul Hossain and Nadif Chowdhury have also been called up. Three new faces are also included: Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain and Dolar Mahmud. All the players who played in the Pakistan tour are included in the 25-man squad. These players will go through training together before the final squad is named.

Full Squad: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Rajjak, Aftab Ahmed, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, Junaid Siddique, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh(WK), Mahmudullah, Nazimuddin, Roquibul Hasan, Alok Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahim(WK), Mehrab Hossain Jr., Mosharof Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Sajedul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury, Naeem Islam, Dolar Mahmud, Rubel Hossain.

Source: BDNews24

sadi
May 22, 2008, 11:04 AM
Not a bad preliminary squad as long as they don't call up players like Rubel or Dollar to have their debut against India or Pakistan.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2008, 11:12 AM
Not a bad preliminary squad as long as they don't call up players like Rubel or Dollar to have their debut against India or Pakistan.
I am all for not letting any newbies thrust in to the national team. However, the Moronic selectors may not agree with us.

lol, Take your pick.

Debut against India/Pak at home or Aus/SA away? :lol: You know its gonna happen.

bdchamp20
May 22, 2008, 11:13 AM
Not a bad squad but I hope Aftab along with the debutants and some of the discards dont make the final squad, he needs to get a clear message.

Eshen
May 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
Glad to see Suhrawardi or Nasir has not been called to this camp.

cricket_dorshok
May 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
Will all bolod be in the final XI???
You won't find a single bold's name in the list Miraz provided in the other thread.

al-Sagar
May 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
when will be the final squad be picked ???

and also when will be the A team picked ???

al-Sagar
May 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
and why no rajin saleh ???

Fazal
May 22, 2008, 11:41 AM
and why no rajin saleh ???

.... beacuse Rajin is no Bolod.

Rabz
May 22, 2008, 11:53 AM
Debut against India/Pak at home or Aus/SA away? :lol: You know its gonna happen.

Good one T_E.

Well, the core-25 is nothing surprising i guess.

You leave some, add a few, juggle a couple and go merry-go-round with others.

But you know what.....?
the result's always the same....

HereWeGo
May 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
I thought Sakib got his exams and was not gonna be selected. : 0

crikfreak
May 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
I thought Sakib got his exams and was not gonna be selected. : 0

he asked for a leave for the tri-series.. so he'll be playing in the asia cup..

crikfreak
May 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
its good news.. i'm happy shuvro's not there and i hope the bolods won't be playing..

Fazal
May 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
Aloukik Kopal back to the equation again.
We have three Bolods. Pretty soon it will 'ek Hali'.

sadi
May 22, 2008, 01:04 PM
.... beacuse Rajin is no Bolod.

Lol....

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
...We have three Bolods. Pretty soon it will 'ek Hali'.
ek hali ar tin'ta makes no different. I want dozon. 11 + coach. :waiting:

thebest
May 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
Fazal I find lots of bolod in this. Why you are counting three.
My Bolod list
Super Duper Bolod: Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed,
Super Bolod: Shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali,
Bolod: Nazmul Hossain, Mehrab Hossain Jr
Newbie Bolod: Mosharof Hossain,Junaid Siddique, Nazimuddin,
Promising Bolod: Dolar Mahmud, Rubel Hossain
That leaves only these 11 out of bolod list, however I do not know the credential of the last three.
Tamim Iqbal, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, , Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh(WK), Mahmudullah, , Ro Naeem Islam,quibul Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(WK), Sajedul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury
But by choosing Shakib (who would not be availble) and aftab (scoring double digit I would be happy) Rafiq proved that he is really the Bolod Moharaj supported by Khoder Khasi Durjoy and Akram.

Murad
May 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
But by choosing Shakib (who would not be availble) and aftab (scoring double digit I would be happy) Rafiq proved that he is really the Bolod Moharaj supported by Khoder Khasi Durjoy and Akram.

I guess Shakib is available for the Asia Cup. He is not available for the Tri-Series.

Btw, when is the HSC exam starting/Ending?

Sohel
May 23, 2008, 03:17 AM
Again we have Alok and new players into the team without proper grooming in the A Team Circuit ... :hairpull:

Time to understand the huge discrepancy between club/NCL/U19 and International cricket, and the difference between intial success if any over short-term, and sustainable, long-term success.

With clueless gadhas like Tiger-mama and his Biriyani Boys at the helm, I don't expect that understanding will come anytime soon.

jeesh
May 23, 2008, 06:09 AM
I dont understand either. All these younger players need to prove themselves for a few years with the A team and in Domestic Cricket before they are brought into the National Team even if we are taking on Singapore and Malaysia!

BanCricFan
May 23, 2008, 06:45 AM
A:fire:L:fire:O:fire:K:fire::fire:

SS
May 23, 2008, 07:53 AM
Field hobe shorgorom shona jabe chitkar(Mushfiqur)
Selector ebar chinta korlo team change kora dorkar
National Team discard manush bole Aloukik kopal tar
Bhaghish dak pore nai hatrick duck maker (Hannan Sarker)
Hobe na kono luv, premium leaguer top run scorer
International level e era pare na (run korte) ki korar
Nai kono quality bowler
Lala mia IPL bose thake bekar
Batting e bhora dubi notun ki ar
Toothless one dimnesional bowling bole dei (oppostie batsmen ke) "Choi mar"
Spin bowling er durdorsha ase shudu Arm bowler
2 SLA, 1 ta Offie, and ase akta okejo team leader
Fielding er obonoti, taki dore slip fielder
Norte parena shohoje jokhon lunch koreche with full platter (full plate bhat ar dal).
Coach jai vacation after the shommelon nai kono buj tar
Superstar batsmen Kuri ran kore nijeke bole I am a solid performer

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2008, 08:35 AM
Drop Mushfiq, let him want it bad.

Fazal
May 23, 2008, 08:43 AM
Drop Mushfiq, let him want it bad.

but keep the three bolods because they are already bad.

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2008, 08:46 AM
No, drop the bolods too.

Fazal
May 23, 2008, 09:11 AM
But then, as thebest said in another thread, the team is filled up with too many bolods (from super duper to baby bolods). If we drop them all as well as not bring Rahim or new kids prematurely, who is going to play then?

Bolod wannabe/look-a-like Alok and Tushar? Who else falls into that category? We need few more to make up the team.

Spitfire_x86
May 23, 2008, 09:31 AM
Again we have Alok and new players into the team without proper grooming in the A Team Circuit ... :hairpull:
The "A Team Circuit" doesn't exist. No country has regular A team cricket schedule. That's why we will never be able to use "A team matches" as substitute of high standard domestic leagues.

And then there's always Tushar Imrans.....

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2008, 09:41 AM
But then, as thebest said in another thread, the team is filled up with too many bolods (from super duper to baby bolods). If we drop them all as well as not bring Rahim or new kids prematurely, who is going to play then?

Bolod wannabe/look-a-like Alok and Tushar? Who else falls into that category? We need few more to make up the team.
I hope they'll keep Mushfiq out for another season or so of domestic and A team cricket, just so that he can come back stronger than ever and shut up the incompetent posters here and everywhere who think he's no good. This coming from the biggest Mushfiq fan on the board...

As for the bolods - let them do what bolods were meant to do, i.e. physical labor. Let them carry drinks and sports kits that belong to saner minds.

Sohel
May 23, 2008, 10:00 AM
The "A Team Circuit" doesn't exist. No country has regular A team cricket schedule. That's why we will never be able to use "A team matches" as substitute of high standard domestic leagues.

I see your point, but don't you think we ought to create such a "circuit" until our domestic FC/List A has enough quality to prepare our players adequately ? That is bound to happen someday. When ? Only GOD knows that.

That said ...

Given the "uniqueness" of our situation -- too good for teams below us, or so we think as Zimbabwe continues to improve their batting and fielding as ours go downhill, but not good enough for the top 8 -- we need such innovations suited to our reality, irrespective of what other countries do ... :)

And then there's always Tushar Imrans.....

Yikes !

sadi
May 23, 2008, 10:03 AM
But the question is who is going to play then?

Sohel
May 23, 2008, 10:06 AM
But the question is who is going to play then?

Keep the same group of XIV or XV players plus reserves without inducting new ones, unless they do spectacularly well in domestic cricket, and perform consistently with the A Team. Why keep on doing all the short-term things that continue to make us go backwards? Another band-aid "solution" is no "solution" at all.

Also, BCB needs to look at U19s and Academy cricket in proper qualitative perspectives, IMHO.

sadi
May 23, 2008, 10:10 AM
Keep the same group of XIV or XV players plus reserves without inducting new ones, unless they do spectacularly well in domestic cricket, and perform consistently with the A Team.

So all the bolods are going to play. Nice... looking forward to it. L-)

Sohel
May 23, 2008, 10:29 AM
So all the bolods are going to play. Nice... looking forward to it. L-)

Subbing baulods ABC for baulods XYZ has been tried without ANY sustainable success.

I say bench the baulods who fail to perform and give others in the XIV plus a chance. Maybe if Ash and Aftab carry water for a few matches, they'll want it more.

Wishful thinking at its best ... :barfs:

lamisa
May 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
Fazal I find lots of bolod in this. Why you are counting three.
My Bolod list
Super Duper Bolod: Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed,
Super Bolod: Shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali,
Bolod: Nazmul Hossain, Mehrab Hossain Jr
Newbie Bolod: Mosharof Hossain,Junaid Siddique, Nazimuddin,
Promising Bolod: Dolar Mahmud, Rubel Hossain
That leaves only these 11 out of bolod list, however I do not know the credential of the last three.
Tamim Iqbal, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, , Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh(WK), Mahmudullah, , Ro Naeem Islam,quibul Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(WK), Sajedul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury

so mashrafe r abdur razzak koi jabe?

lamisa
May 23, 2008, 11:22 AM

Time to understand the huge discrepancy between club/NCL/U19 and International cricket, and the difference between intial success if any over short-term, and sustainable, long-term success.

With clueless gadhas like Tiger-mama and his Biriyani Boys at the helm, I don't expect that understanding will come anytime soon.

Hmmm.i kno aminul islam bulbul and that day he was saying that retired players and well wishers of bd cricket are really worried becuase there isnt much flow from the talent pipe.they are not getting satisfactory talent from the teenage teams like under 15 and 19.basically bcb is being urged to invest in school cricket to develop a strong infustructure in school cricket, like have proper coaches and leagues.

lamisa
May 23, 2008, 11:41 AM
maan amadr teamemoto should be:
shob akarer bolode mile kori kaaj
haari hari nahi laaj!:-D

prantika
May 23, 2008, 03:55 PM
Field hobe shorgorom shona jabe chitkar(Mushfiqur)
Selector ebar chinta korlo team change kora dorkar
National Team discard manush bole Aloukik kopal tar
Bhaghish dak pore nai hatrick duck maker (Hannan Sarker)
Hobe na kono luv, premium leaguer top run scorer
International level e era pare na (run korte) ki korar
Nai kono quality bowler
Lala mia IPL bose thake bekar
Batting e bhora dubi notun ki ar
Toothless one dimnesional bowling bole dei (oppostie batsmen ke) "Choi mar"
Spin bowling er durdorsha ase shudu Arm bowler
2 SLA, 1 ta Offie, and ase akta okejo team leader
Fielding er obonoti, taki dore slip fielder
Norte parena shohoje jokhon lunch koreche with full platter (full plate bhat ar dal).
Coach jai vacation after the shommelon nai kono buj tar
Superstar batsmen Kuri ran kore nijeke bole I am a solid performer
omg...SS....this is indeed the best post i have seen till now!!
its so funny n ineed very true!!
and also send it to the cricketers,so dat they can redat it for them selves!
great job!!!.....

prantika
May 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
umm...soo sorry...there are some typing mistake in my previous post.....
the second last line was suppose to be
"and i also wish i could send it to the cricketers,so that they can read it for them selves!"
sorry once again!

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2008, 05:20 PM
...and then he said, "Let there be an edit button..."

Orion
May 23, 2008, 07:41 PM
How fast is Rubel Hossain? He is still too young and should play domestic games and A and academy teams for atleast 2 more years. His action is like Malinga and Fidel Edwards...I hope he can bowl as fast as them when he is ready...

Zunaid
May 23, 2008, 07:50 PM
...and then he said, "Let there be an edit button..."

But there still was no light.

bdchamp20
May 24, 2008, 08:00 AM
Looking at the preliminary squad this would be my final squad for both the Tri-Series and the Asia Cup:
Tamim Iqbal
Junaid Siddique
Mohammad Ashraful(C)
Alok Kapali
Shakib Al Hasan(if available)
Mahmudullah
Dhiman Ghosh(WK)
Farhad Reza
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Rajjak
Shahadat Hossain

Shahriar Nafees
Mushfiqur Rahim(WK)
Mosharof Hossain
Syed Rasel

Sohel
May 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hmmm.i kno aminul islam bulbul and that day he was saying that retired players and well wishers of bd cricket are really worried becuase there isnt much flow from the talent pipe.they are not getting satisfactory talent from the teenage teams like under 15 and 19.basically bcb is being urged to invest in school cricket to develop a strong infustructure in school cricket, like have proper coaches and leagues.

I’m not so sure about that sis.

From what I’ve seen, I reckon the school system as a whole is on the right track as talent continue to emerge especially out of the Rajshahi and Khulna Divsions, and to a lesser extent, Dhaka City all the way to the U19 level.

I think the real issue is how we need to harness that talent so that these guys and now gals may apply themselves better at the highest level against the Top 8. Once they’re qualified to make their debuts, preferably in their late 20s, we want them to sustain their success.

In order to qualify, they need to be the absolute best, YEAR AFTER YEAR, in our club, U19, Academy and FC/List A cricket. Once they perform as cricketers “too good” for those levels, they’ll need to be “too good” for the A Team circuit, something we NEED to innovate given the discrepancy between what I’ve mentioned, they should have a go at the highest level against the Top 8.

Our domestic club/FC/List A cricket as a whole DOES NOT adequately prepare our players for International cricket, and therefore we MUST play more A Team Cricket to mitigate some of that reality until it does, period.

There’s no alternative to the experience of time-in-the-middle unless you’re a genius like Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting, Smith, Clarke, Steyn, Ross Taylor, KP or Chawla.

Before that happens, we need more qualified, REAL coaches like AI Bulbul from the yet-to-be Divisional Academy level, and stop relying on glorified parhar kiriket matobbors from bygone times with little understanding or interest in technical details necessary at this whole another level, as coaches, scouts and finally, selectors.

It is nothing less than appalling to repeatedly witness their cavalier disregard for playing both the line and length of a delivery, when compared to their fetish for short-term, jodi laigga jay solutions and retarded “analysis” of often de-contextualized numbers that never asks the question “how” those numbers came to be.

If we want our length-oriented, high-risk batting and khonchabaji to stop, if we want our bowlers to have teeth and avoid 1 or 2 loose deliveries per over at the highest level, there’s no alternative I see to quality and time … :)