PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Warney to coach Bangladesh?

Alien
May 23, 2008, 06:27 AM
Shane Warne is probably the best thing that came out of the game of cricket. World's best spinner, a handy batsman at times. He always showed a great potential as a captain and now with Rajesthan, he has proven his flair in coaching.

If we can get this guy to coach our sorry team, maybe and just maybe we can climb up the ranking and join the big guns in few years time.

Anyone thinks the same?

jeesh
May 23, 2008, 06:48 AM
Either it will be a brilliant move or a disastrous one. He is quite a leader and motivator. Rajasthan isnt the only place where he made an impact. If you go back a few years you will see that he has had quite an impact at Hampshire.
My choice for the job would be Tom Moody. Second choice would be taking a chance with Richard McIness. Its pretty clear we need a coach with a task master personality. If they have a genuine interest, belief and passion for Bangladeshi cricket its even better. Thats something Richard has. Unfortunately this isnt something i see Warne having. He's one of those Aussies who are pessimistic about Bangladesh's future in cricket.

Rabz
May 23, 2008, 06:52 AM
I guess we are stuck with JS for atleast next year and a half.
So no point talking up about next coach.

Ask me this time around next year, i'll probably have a better idea IF we gonna renew JS's contract or look for a new one....

Alien
May 23, 2008, 06:54 AM
He's one of those Aussies who are pessimistic about Bangladesh's future in cricket.

Most people are pessimistic about Bangladesh's future. Even the current coach. Problem starts when you become over optimistic.

I hope this pessimism drives challenges him to consider it near future. It's no fun coaching a winning team like Australia or India. People will remember Whatmore for transforming SL into a powerful cricketing team, not Buchanan for coaching Australia during 15 straight test victories.

Thats the challenge of coaching, making that drastic transformation.

BANFAN
May 23, 2008, 07:58 AM
He could be coaching our spinners for some time. Infact we probably need to run some high performance camps for Bowlers. Warne could be for spin, Akram for pacers. JS could look after the batsmen.

sadi
May 23, 2008, 08:14 AM
Do you know how much they pay him in IPL?

Pundit
May 23, 2008, 08:43 AM
He could be coaching our spinners for some time. Infact we probably need to run some high performance camps for Bowlers. Warne could be for spin, Akram for pacers. JS could look after the batsmen.

I think we ought to throw in Bradman and Sutcliff into the mix as well - they would really give our batsmen a workout on the most fundamental batting techniques. Akram will work on Sajidul's swing, Donald on Mash's pace, Waqar on Rasel's seam and Lee on Shahadat's intimidation factor.

Nafi
May 23, 2008, 08:48 AM
Never will happen

Alien
May 23, 2008, 08:55 AM

Measly 400 something thousand. Whoever owns Rajesthan got his moneys worth 10 times over.

Fazal
May 23, 2008, 08:56 AM
People think all those high profile people are dieing to get a chance to coach our bolod players who have limited skillsets and/or no eagerness to learn.

There are too many assumptions here....

1. SW will be interested.
2. We can offer outragious amount of money to change their mind to come here.
3. Even bringing the world's greatest coach (and diverting all the money into basket) will make a difference.
4. A good coach is the only thing that is missing to take us to the next level.
5. We will still have money to develop young prospects and continue to supply the pipeline.
6. People will not ask SW's head - six months later (from when he jion the team)
7. SW will not want more vacation time than what Siddon is getting as part of his agreement
8. After few disastrous series, SW will still kiss player's rear and say good things about our winning possibilities against team like AUS, SA etc.
9. SW will give false hope in the news media so that it booster our players as well as fans morale.
10. He will be able to change Ash and Aftab and other pati bolods.

Alien
May 23, 2008, 08:57 AM
I think we ought to throw in Bradman and Sutcliff into the mix as well - they would really give our batsmen a workout on the most fundamental batting techniques. Akram will work on Sajidul's swing, Donald on Mash's pace, Waqar on Rasel's seam and Lee on Shahadat's intimidation factor.

How many coaches do you plan on? It's like 1 for every player.

lamisa
May 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
Most people are pessimistic about Bangladesh's future. Even the current coach. Problem starts when you become over optimistic.

I hope this pessimism drives challenges him to consider it near future. It's no fun coaching a winning team like Australia or India. People will remember Whatmore for transforming SL into a powerful cricketing team, not Buchanan for coaching Australia during 15 straight test victories.

Thats the challenge of coaching, making that drastic transformation.

hey u kno what,i didnt know that india was a winning team!!L-)

thebest
May 23, 2008, 11:22 AM
How many coaches do you plan on? It's like 1 for every player.
Please take a course on Sarcasm 101:smug:

Bengaliprince176
May 23, 2008, 11:49 AM

lol first thing that came to my head!

tbh i think just a few words with some of our youngsters and he could really give a lot of self confidence in their ability. He doesnt even have to be a coach, just a week, with the team and im sure he would have some effect

BANFAN
May 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
tbh i think just a few words with some of our youngsters and he could really give a lot of self confidence in their ability. He doesnt even have to be a coach, just a week, with the team and im sure he would have some effect

Spot on. High performance camps are generally for short periods where the players can share some advanced knowledge from the great players. Every country does that. They have experienced great players/coches at home who help improve the young upcoming guys through such high performance camps.

We don't have such players/coaches at home, we Just have some useless Pundits around. We need ex players with proven skills and experience /pro high performance coaches to do that fine tuning. That's one of the reasons why our young guys are stuck at a level. They badly need such camps with Warne/Akram type players to be competitive in the world stage.

Foozy
May 23, 2008, 03:25 PM
People think all those high profile people are dieing to get a chance to coach our bolod players who have limited skillsets and/or no eagerness to learn.

There are too many assumptions here....

1. SW will be interested.
2. We can offer outragious amount of money to change their mind to come here.
3. Even bringing the world's greatest coach (and diverting all the money into basket) will make a difference.
4. A good coach is the only thing that is missing to take us to the next level.
5. We will still have money to develop young prospects and continue to supply the pipeline.
6. People will not ask SW's head - six months later (from when he jion the team)
7. SW will not want more vacation time than what Siddon is getting as part of his agreement
8. After few disastrous series, SW will still kiss player's rear and say good things about our winning possibilities against team like AUS, SA etc.
9. SW will give false hope in the news media so that it booster our players as well as fans morale.
10. He will be able to change Ash and Aftab and other pati bolods.

nice post... lmao

Foozy
May 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
Please take a course on Sarcasm 101:smug:

Alien might just ask where to take that course... :lol:

Eshen
May 23, 2008, 03:42 PM
Alien might just ask where to take that course... :lol:
That's possible, after all he is an alien.

kazis2007
May 23, 2008, 03:58 PM
Just think u got 10 teacher for ur 10 subject but if u dont study,so how could u do well in exam.

BD-Shardul
May 23, 2008, 05:28 PM
One of my professors once told us, "You might bring the best professors to teach you, but if you guys don't help yourself, the output will be nada, zero".

Isnaad
May 23, 2008, 06:50 PM
Warney actually does not like Bangladesh. Maybe because we gave Muralitharan a lot of useless wickets. lol

sayem
May 23, 2008, 07:29 PM
Stupid thread... I mean...its pethetic..BD will all ways be minnows...wont make a difference who is the coach..its our nature...we just dont want to learn..Next tournoment will include 3 new uncapped players for BD who are the new "Super stars" like other ones of the past...domestic teams are struggling to score 200 in leauge matches...and we are dreaming big!! BD will lose to Zimbos

djnaved
May 23, 2008, 10:46 PM
how about our deshi coach aminul islam bulbul? A coach who made three teams champion in three years.......what an achievement:-D

jeesh
May 23, 2008, 11:37 PM
He ll be there trust me. We need to give Aminul Islam charge of our Under 19 or A team.

BD-Shardul
May 24, 2008, 06:22 AM
how about our deshi coach aminul islam bulbul? A coach who made three teams champion in three years.......what an achievement:-D

Bhai, international level e ashar por amder local level er prolific playerder Je dosha hoy, bulbul er je serokom hoibo na, tar guarantee ki? :-D

lamisa
May 24, 2008, 12:05 PM
i agree,bulbul should work with the under 19 or A team now.

Nafi
May 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
You'll have better luck with the pope

Fantastic
May 24, 2008, 10:24 PM
I m not sure how much Warne will be able to teach about cricket, but he sure will teach our bolods how to cheat on their wives.

jeesh
May 25, 2008, 01:54 AM
I m not sure how much Warne will be able to teach about cricket, but he sure will teach our bolods how to cheat on their wives.
Haha good one.

BANFAN
May 25, 2008, 03:01 AM

So, the Rajsthan Royals must have been busy with cheating ! Any first hand news?

You'll have better luck with the pope

Or May be the Imam of Katabon Mosque would be 'Fantastic' choice !! :)

Alien
May 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Stupid thread... I mean...its pethetic..BD will all ways be minnows...wont make a difference who is the coach..its our nature...we just dont want to learn..Next tournoment will include 3 new uncapped players for BD who are the new "Super stars" like other ones of the past...domestic teams are struggling to score 200 in leauge matches...and we are dreaming big!! BD will lose to Zimbos

It's because we are minnows and we suck, I made the suggestion. If we were all good and doing well, then I would be happy with whatever coach there is. No special need for likes of warney.

So unless you have something useful to add, please refrain from making "stupid" commments.

Thank you.

sayem
May 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
It's because we are minnows and we suck, I made the suggestion. If we were all good and doing well, then I would be happy with whatever coach there is. No special need for likes of warney.

So unless you have something useful to add, please refrain from making "stupid" commments.

Thank you.Hello ALIEN...You must be from a different planet..which one?:-D

auntu
May 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
i was also thinkin... except his attitude problem with girls

Fantastic
May 27, 2008, 10:21 PM
Or May be the Imam of Katabon Mosque would be 'Fantastic' choice !! :)

No I don't want to see another Pakistani team and have Ashrafool come at match presentation and say
"Bismilla hirrahmanir rahim..... obviously Allah don't want us to win"

Tigers_eye
May 28, 2008, 12:17 PM
Shane Warne is probably the best thing that came out of the game of cricket. World's best spinner, a handy batsman at times. He always showed a great potential as a captain and now with Rajesthan, he has proven his flair in coaching.

If we can get this guy to coach our sorry team, maybe and just maybe we can climb up the ranking and join the big guns in few years time.

Anyone thinks the same?
yet he is not the role model that I would let these boys have.

No, unless BCB can afford to build some booze-party houses full of young women, Warne is not interested.

Character loose people kay ami dekhtey pari na.

By the way, I see Warne as a villian. He has put down the name of cricket several times. Obviously "the best spinner in the world" tag can only be given to the best spinner of the cricket history who is still playing (Murali).

Alien
May 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
yet he is not the role model that I would let these boys have.

No, unless BCB can afford to build some booze-party houses full of young women, Warne is not interested.

Character loose people kay ami dekhtey pari na.

By the way, I see Warne as a villian. He has put down the name of cricket several times. Obviously "the best spinner in the world" tag can only be given to the best spinner of the cricket history who is still playing (Murali).

I am not talking about his private life. The guy who owns Rajesthan didn't buy him a brothel so he can captain and coach Rajesthan. When he played for Australia, he never involved anyone else in his you-know-what. So I dunno how these assumptions come in.

As a person I don't like him either, but I judge him by how many wickets he took and recently how he coaches a team, not how many girls he slept with.

Warne only put himself and his family down, not cricket or his team while he was around.

As for our players, they are old enough to know whats right and whats wrong, starting with whats wrong with their game.

enaner
May 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
can you imagine how much it would cost to have him as our coach?

Even IF we managed the money,

what makes you think warny would come live in a shitty place like BD?

Not shitty to us obviously cuz it's our birthplace, but to him, there aren't good enough living conditions in BD to satisfy him I think.

Tigers_eye
May 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
I will go from the bottom:
As for our players, they are old enough to know whats right and whats wrong, starting with whats wrong with their game.
These are 19-25 year olds. Naak tipley ekhono dudh ber hoi. scoring 57 in five outings says "I performed good" kind of player. More example? Capitano says, "I crossed double figures three times". Baah, ki bahadur!! Are you sure they know what is right and what is wrong?
Warne only put himself and his family down, not cricket or his team while he was around.
What will I hear next? Denis Rodman did the same and did nothing wrong to NBA or Spurs? Mama (mother), where are you? You gave me those pills, didn't you?
I am not talking about his private life. The guy who owns Rajesthan didn't buy him a brothel so he can captain and coach Rajesthan. When he played for Australia, he never involved anyone else in his you-know-what. So I dunno how these assumptions come in.
Rajesthan is India. Dhaka is Bangladesh. Two have different cultures, different belief system. How many Alcoholic bars Dhaka have? How many does Rajesthan have? Can he have beer with his players over there? Will he have a Coke-cola instead in Dhaka? Finally, you should still remember what he had said about playing BD means to him. His famous comment included there was nothing to do in Bangladesh. Relating no fun place to meet women or booz to the end. What was his priority back then? Play the game or have fun?

Its not about if he is showing the ropes on "how to party" to these young kids. Its about being accountable when you are a coach. Players look up to the coach. Not down upon. Just matter of time before he gets in the news for all the wrong reason. Just wait and see.
As a person I don't like him either, but I judge him by how many wickets he took and recently how he coaches a team, not how many girls he slept with.
Its a whole package deal. You can't seperate this character from his professional life. You (some aussies, westerners) can ignore his antics but I can't. Nor would the ones who would be close to him in BD. Getting him as an intl coach is as bad as an idea for the long run for that team, specially when cultures don't mix.

Alien
May 30, 2008, 03:37 AM
I will go from the bottom:

These are 19-25 year olds. Naak tipley ekhono dudh ber hoi. scoring 57 in five outings says "I performed good" kind of player. More example? Capitano says, "I crossed double figures three times". Baah, ki bahadur!! Are you sure they know what is right and what is wrong?

In terms of game, no they don't. But one by one they are getting married which shows they are getting older by age thought they may be playing like high school kids.

Rajesthan is India. Dhaka is Bangladesh. Two have different cultures, different belief system. How many Alcoholic bars Dhaka have? How many does Rajesthan have? Can he have beer with his players over there? Will he have a Coke-cola instead in Dhaka?

They are slightly different culture and system. Rajesthan is just next door not other way around the world. They may have 10 bars and nightclubs more than Dhaka, but Warne wont be doing that math before coming if he ever does.

I dont know why everyone gets the impression that we need to have a harem ready for the westerners when they come to BD. Whatmore, an Aussie didnt come to Bangladesh to drink beer, but to coach the team. Same with Williams and Siddons.

Finally, you should still remember what he had said about playing BD means to him. His famous comment included there was nothing to do in Bangladesh.Relating no fun place to meet women or booz to the end. What was his priority back then? Play the game or have fun?

If he comes he wont come to play but to coach. In that case lot of players said something trashy about playing BD and rightly so. For that you can only blame the our "dudher baccha" tiger cubs, not outsiders who don't share our passion for the team and only judge by our performances which is total crap by anyone standard.

As for his comments about no booze or women in BD, I never heard of it and would be glad if you can provide a source.

Its not about if he is showing the ropes on "how to party" to these young kids. Its about being accountable when you are a coach. Players look up to the coach. Not down upon. Just matter of time before he gets in the news for all the wrong reason. Just wait and see.

Its a whole package deal. You can't seperate this character from his professional life. You (some aussies, westerners) can ignore his antics but I can't. Nor would the ones who would be close to him in BD. Getting him as an intl coach is as bad as an idea for the long run for that team, specially when cultures don't mix.

Thats a matter we wont agree on, so I'll leave it at that.

crikfreak
May 30, 2008, 07:46 AM
i don't want warne coaching bd.. i don't like his attitude.. overall.. he's just not the kind of player i want to coach us.. he might be a great player.. but its not only a players cricket that matters.. other things matter as well..

thebest
May 30, 2008, 09:03 AM
T_E,
I am with Alien on this issue. He already proved that he is good motivator and can utilize the talent to its maximum. I am not a fan of SW - the man, but fan of SW - the cricketer; now the manager. He might not have some fancy coaching certificates but already proved that he is better than Buchanan - the supposed coach of the coaches.
Would he come to manage Bangladesh - that is different question.

Tigers_eye
May 30, 2008, 10:16 AM
T_E,
I am with Alien on this issue. ....
I agree to disagree.
Motivation is a need in BD team. In that case we can bring in many motivational speakers. Heck Niaz Murshed or Zia can do as good a job as any. How about Dr. Yunus himself? Their mental strength is more than all players, officials combined. They also know the fairly well what the word "pressure" means.

As for SW's contribution to the team, can't help batsmen in improving their technics, can't help bowlers (medium or fast). Breaking down strategical analysis can be down by our computer analyst.

Steve Waugh would be much better candidate if you are trying to spend that much of money to get the bad boy.

Alien
June 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
In the history of cricket, SW is the biggest pervert out there. But again, the whole world is full of them not to mention one of the ran USA for 8 years (Clinton). But again, I highly doubt he would do what he does in UK over in BD. As for turning Ashraful, Mashrafe into a wife cheaters, thats just a unproven, highly hypothetical, and lame arguement since the guy has never ever dragged fellow team mates in Australia, Victoria, Rajesthan or Hampshire into his whatever.

Coaching is a matter of glory. Money is not a significant issue when it comes to coaching. Especially when a minnow team like SL rises to be a major cricketing power belting the crap out of the very teams that beat them like 15 years ago, coaches get big chunk of the credit.

But I agree with your pessimism of his coming to BD. Its very unlikely.

smashyboy
June 1, 2008, 09:22 PM
Bangladesh has a long way to go before a coach can fine tune them to compete with others. Rightnow there is simply too much for a coach to do. Only way Bangla can improve by participating in domestic leagues of other sub-continent teams. That is the only way they can fast track their development or else it will be a slow, long learning curve. Bd will have to be content with occasional upset wins.

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 01:03 AM
Every player of RR said one thing while praising SW, "He inspired and motivated the team."

It is impossible for a coach to change the game of a national team player. He can only make minor adjustments. What he can do, is to create a passion for the game, motivate them to give their best and bond the team together to play as a team...etc etc all are focussed on teambuilding.

SW said in his interview about his coaching, 'we were talking cricket everytime, even by the pool'

One who has litle bit of knowledge of sports, they will understand how important the team espirit and the motivation is. how important the selfbelief is. It can bringout the best of a player. Unfortunately the people responsible for our team at the moment are not capable of doing that. I want a coach who believes in that and can motivate the players, if it is SW or anyone, is perfect.

And those who are looking for saints and sufis to be the coach, can contact priests and mullahs (Less Gays) to be the coach, bcoz there are no saints, amongst the professionals.

amethyst
June 2, 2008, 01:50 AM
he is too busy with his poker career. :P end of story.

nahaz
June 2, 2008, 02:08 AM
Smashyboy, I doubt the Ranji trophy is where we'll learn heaps...Or any other subcontinental league....seen some shocking keepers in IPL. I suppose its better than nothing tho...if Indian clubs decide to give our under-19 players a chance.

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 02:11 AM
If what he has done to RR team is playing poker, I'd love that. Playing poker is neither wrong or illegal in his culture. I don't see a musulli coach around, as you prefer.

May choose from the imam from 'Imam training center' or some one from 'Harkatul Jihad' or followers of 'Golam Azam' believe me they never played poker. Try to sellect from inner hardcore circuit, please. :)

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 02:19 AM
Only way Bangla can improve by participating in domestic leagues of other sub-continent teams. That is the only way they can fast track their development or else it will be a slow, long learning curve. Bd will have to be content with occasional upset wins.

It is easier to attract the quality subcontinental or international players to make the domestic league more competitive and more players get exposure to competitive cricket.

There could be many more ways. IMO, There is never only one way of success.