PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite International Cricket Team

Isnaad
May 23, 2008, 07:19 PM
This is more of a survey. Simply, which team do you like(other than Bangladesh) and talk about something special of that team.

Being in BanglaCricket, Bangladesh should be our favorite team. So, I did not include it.

Sohel
May 24, 2008, 12:00 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I think we have at least one other thread along these lines.

But what the F, I'll play it again.

1. Bangladesh.

2. Sri Lanka.

3. West Indies.

4. Australia.

5. Zimbabwe.

6, 7 >>> Matters not.

8. India.

9. South Africa.

ALWAYS LAST >>> Pakistan, BAL/BNP/JIB/BJP, the Republican Party and the Toronto MapleCubs.

Now to make it more interesting, at least in my own disturbed mind, here's my International Allstar XX Team.

1. Mathew Hayden.

2. Graeme Smith.

3. Ricky Ponting (C).

4. Sachin Tendulkar.

5. Kumar Sangakkara (WK).

6. Michael Clarke.

7. Andrew Symonds.

8. Jerome Taylor.

9. Brett Lee.

10. Dale Steyn.

11. Muttiah Muralidharan.

12th Man: Ross Taylor.

Coach: Razab Q.

Physios: Akram and Durjoy.

Reserves: M Jayawardena, B McCullum (WK), K Pietersen, J Kallis, Md. Yousuf, L Malinga, P Chawla and F Edwards.

Now I feel whole again. That was easy enough.

cricket_king
May 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
1) Bangladesh
2) West Indies
3) Zimbabwe
4) South Africa
5) New Zealand
6)Australia
7) Pakistan
8) England
9) India
10) Sri Lanka

Btw Sohel bhai what's with the physios?

Sohel
May 24, 2008, 12:21 AM
Btw Sohel bhai what's with the physios?

Bro, if you havn't seen those two run into field recently, you ain't seen nothing yet ... ;)

bdchamp20
May 24, 2008, 06:19 AM
Before Bangladesh came into the scene, I used to follow and 'support' West Indies. However nowadays I only follow 1 team. But when that team isnt playing and I have spare time I like to see the Windies play. My uncle was a Windies supporter and by spending time with him I also became one in my early days. I loved watching Lara, Walsh and Ambrose destroying other teams. But sadly thats not the story anymore pitches have changed in the Windies and now they support spin but for some reason the WICB are reluctant to play spinners and that has caused their downfall but they are starting to rebuild they have some promising youngsters and hopefully they can produce a world-class side again. My favourite current players from WI are Chris Gayle, 'Fiddy' Edwards, Dwayne Bravo and Jerome Lawson.

Yameen
May 24, 2008, 06:45 AM
Havent we had several threads on this already?

Anyways im a Big fan of windies, lanka and scotland.
Then other teams afterwards and last would be pakistan.

cricket_king
May 24, 2008, 08:44 AM
Bro, if you havn't seen those two run into field recently, you ain't seen nothing yet ... ;)

You're mocking their weight right? :confused:

Sohel
May 24, 2008, 09:27 AM
You're mocking their weight right? :confused:

Hehe, mock their impressive weight ? Moi ?

Just look these cats. They eat whatever they want while managing to stay alive. And their women love them. How can I mock them ? ... ;)

Isnaad
May 24, 2008, 09:35 AM

Just look these cats. They eat whatever they want while managing to stay alive. And their women love them. How can I mock them ? ... ;)

Just remember that they were great cricketers........:lol:

Rabz
May 24, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yes, we did indeed had a long thread started by our good mate Andy, who is MIA for a long time.

Where art thou, brother?

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=17925

But as Sohel bhai already mentioned,
what the F...
it does not kill to re-write things again.

plus,
those priorities and order might hv changed for some.

Sohel
May 24, 2008, 10:54 AM
Just remember that they were great cricketers........:lol:

Not to take anything away from the Biriyani Boys contribution to get us where we are today -- whether we deserve it or not is another issue -- the term "great" always tastes better when plated in proper perspective, and seasoned WITHOUT the generous amount of nostalgia ... ;)

Isnaad
May 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
Not to take anything away from the Biriyani Boys contribution to get us where we are today -- whether we deserve it or not is another issue -- the term "great" always tastes better when plated in proper perspective, and seasoned WITHOUT the generous amount of nostalgia ... ;)

Ahhhh, I just wanted to cheer them up. Now they are sad again......:lol:

Surfer
May 25, 2008, 02:38 AM
India.

MohammedC
May 25, 2008, 03:13 AM
All of them or none of them. But Bangladesh at the Top

Isnaad
May 25, 2008, 10:40 AM
I started to like Pakistan after seeing the 194 not out of Saeed Anwar! Then Bangladesh took the first place. :)

Sovik
May 25, 2008, 01:47 PM

just imagine them if they were in baywatch. running in slow mo

Sovik
May 25, 2008, 01:48 PM
West Indies. don't care about the rest

Nafi
May 25, 2008, 02:22 PM
None in particular, I like players across all the teams, but no single team stands out for me.

Isnaad
May 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
West Indies. don't care about the rest

Does that mean that you do not care about Bangladesh? :confused:

Sovik
May 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
Does that mean that you do not care about Bangladesh? :confused:

probably, yeah. got tired of waking up at 3 in the morning to see them getting trashed matches after matches

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 12:24 PM
I don't have any dedicated support for any team,except BD. But loved watching different teams in different times.

Isnaad
May 30, 2008, 02:40 PM
probably, yeah. got tired of waking up at 3 in the morning to see them getting trashed matches after matches

I dont get tired of Bangladesh. I just get embarrased with their performance.

Sovik
May 30, 2008, 03:18 PM
I dont get tired of Bangladesh. I just get embarrased with their performance.

try waking up at 3 when you have class or work at 9.

i sound little bit serious but the thread is only for the International team other than Bangladesh

Isnaad
May 30, 2008, 06:14 PM
try waking up at 3 when you have class or work at 9.

i sound little bit serious but the thread is only for the International team other than Bangladesh

You are right, :).

Ishtylish cricketer
May 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Where's Canada? Other than Bd and Canada I would have to say England. All you have to do is look at my dp to know why.

Rifat
May 30, 2008, 08:08 PM
i love the lankans :)

muralitharan, jayasuriya and next chamara silva... they play every game like a true champion, that's what i love about them...

also if you notice we take a pounding about everytime we play them

mijanur
May 31, 2008, 07:29 AM
south africa and sri lanka

James90
May 31, 2008, 08:43 AM
1. Bangladesh
2. Australia
3. Sri Lanka
4. England (very un-Australian of me...for shame)
5. West Indies
6. India
7. New Zealand
8. South Africa
9. Pakistan

Isnaad
May 31, 2008, 11:40 AM
Where's Canada? Other than Bd and Canada I would have to say England. All you have to do is look at my dp to know why.

Sorry that I did not keep Canada in the list. Anyways, I will now know that Ishtylish cricketer is a fan of Canada. :)