PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Ashraful Matin: A Personality Profile

Sohel
May 26, 2008, 06:02 AM
I still get excited whenever he comes to bat, and wait for Eid Al Ashraf to come.

Many people are responsible for the following construct. There are mysterious contradictions, and unrealized potential for undiscovered interests inherent in every personality, and the profile reflects that.

One always has the option of accepting what's in the profile or not, but whatever YOU do, allow me to suggest a bit of creative thinking and free association to relate some of the things to his cricket, and finally -- a grain of salt ... :)

He is known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest. At times, though, he can also be blunt and quite indiscreet. Others have to learn not to take everything he says personally, because he usually does not mean any harm.

He appreciates living his life in a straightforward and simple manner -- he dislikes social niceties and considers them to be hindrances to real communication.

He has lots and lots of energy and tends to become quite restless if he feels confined. He demands the freedom to do as he chooses -- he must be self- directed or he feels trapped and anxious.

With his abundant energy, he enjoys being outdoors, and he should be attracted to physical exercise or to those forms of sport which can help him burn off some of that excess energy. Very gregarious, he loves to socialize -- his innate enthusiasm livens up any gathering.

Very emotional and sensitive, he has an intuitive understanding of the "vibes" around him. He tends to be quite generous, giving, loving and caring, but only when his own needs for emotional support, love and security have been met. If they are not met, he tends to withdraw into himself and become very insecure and selfish.

His home and family (especially his mother) represent security for him and thus assume a larger-than-life importance. Very sentimental, he has vivid and long- enduring memories of the past. No matter how well adjusted he is, he will always need a secret quiet place of his own in order to feel at peace. Feeding others can give him great pleasure, and he would enjoy being part of a large family.

His feelings are very intense, never superficial. He tends to be either very angry or very sad or completely and totally happy. His moods are deep, extreme and not always completely understood by himself or by those with whom he has to deal.

Emotionally, he tends to prefer to live at the cutting edge of life, pushing his reactions to the ultimate extremes, even if the results are dangerous or upsetting.

He is easily jealous and very suspicious, and requires a great deal of emotional reassurance.

A good detective, he is very curious about deep and mysterious things, especially human nature and motivations. He needs to be careful not to be ruthless, tactless or too overly frank or he will meet with much resistance from others.

He is usually quite convinced that his own ideas are correct and he enjoys trying to persuade others that they are.

At times, he is very stubborn and proud of his beliefs and principles, and he gets very defensive when they are challenged.

He appreciates truth and honesty, and tries to practice it himself and expect it in others. He has good talent for organizing, directing and planning. He delights in being asked for his advice and counsel.

He likes to be very close to other people. He needs emotional support himself and is willing to give it to others. When he feels unloved and insecure, he can be very jealous and possessive.

He is not interested in casual or superficial relationships -- only deep emotional involvements interest him. His faithful devotion is one of his greatest gifts, but he needs to be careful not to become too dependent on others. He needs to learn to stand on your his two feet and demand his own rights once in a while.

His likes and dislikes are strong and intense, never casual or superficial.

He is known for his persistence and willful obsession. Once he has decided on a course of action, he is unstoppable.

His emotional actions tend to be extreme, although he tries to keep them muted.

He is not quick to anger and would rather do slow burns. And he tends to release his anger as sarcasm or irony. He needs to be better aware of his tendency to hold grudges and to be vengeful.

When he does fight, or release his internal tensions, he does so body and soul -- he becomes totally passionate and his outbursts are awesome to behold, and often disproportionate, but not in his own mind at the time.

He tends to feel that the only results that are worthwhile are the results that are concrete and demonstrable. He distrusts abstract solutions and appreciates measurable achievements.

An excellent organizer and planner, he is optimistic as well as practical and realistic about what can and what cannot happen. Very responsible, he considers it a personal weakness to be wrong about anything. This makes him appropriately cautious.

He is very efficient but tends to be cool and detached.

He tends to release emotional energies only very reluctantly. This is partly due to his fear of what horrible calamity might occur should they be released -- his emotions are terribly complicated and intense.

He needs to try not to repress these energies entirely, however, or he will succumb to negative and destructive forms of compulsive behavior.

He needs to give himself the freedom to look awkward or silly once in a while. The relief he feels will be quite therapeutic and the embarrassment (whether it is real or imagined) will pass quickly.

He and most of his peers have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. He is attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

He and his entire generation are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto.

He will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. He will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

For his entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

He will consciously seek out many different contacts with others throughout his life. Many of these will be of very short duration, not necessarily because he’s fickle, but just because he always seems to be more excited by the prospect of meeting someone new rather than prolonging his present relationships.

At any rate, he will learn something new from almost everyone he comes across -- intellectual stimulation is what he craves from others. He will be well known to neighbors and relatives, partly due to his curiosity about what they're doing -- he delights in keeping up-to-date about the latest news.

Other profiles to come, one per week: -

1) AfAh.

2) MaMu.

3) BiZu.

4) Alok.

5) Tamim.

6) Abir.

7) GoBoy.

8) MaMi.

9) Rajib.

You decide who's next ... ;)

GuruTM
May 26, 2008, 07:20 AM
Ashraful has the traits of a Bradman without the substance in the head. The immaturity of slapping Jalal explains it better than anything else that can describe his thought process. Reading the profile, i thought somebody is actually profiling me. But i don't think i have much in common with Ashraful.

Few of Ashraful's characteristic flaws in my eyes:

1. He tends to put more value in his lust for opposite sex than cricket.
2. He likes authority. He has no clue how to use it properly.
3. He thinks for a very short time and act quick. Exactly opposite to what i am.
4. He has no idea of team politics to put it in a blunt way.(team cohesion if you want to sugar coat it.)
5. His sense of surrounding, backing up his actions with follow-up is quite poor.
6. He is short-sighted.
7. Though he thinks for a very short tome but his reflexive reaction is quite slow which is utterly crucial in becoming a very good batsman.
8. He is not an accumulator.
9. He never prepares to face tough times yet he tries to ignore it.
10. His sense of humor is driven by the kid inside him that he still is.
11. He is vertical than horizontal. He looks up the sky rather to the ground. You end up being where you keep looking at. No wonder he hits balls up high rather than down the ground.
12. He is not a captain who thinks before hand. Rather a captain who worries later.

Hatebreed
May 26, 2008, 07:48 AM
Pop-Psyche 101?

Kabir
May 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
Sohel bhai, good stuff. Here's who I want to see next: 5) Tamim.

Why? Coz he has turned from a complete "nut khuila poira gese" to a complete "kalkei mechanic nut tight koira dise". I just loved the patience that he's shown in a few innings recently and hated some of his innings where he went all over looking for the nut he dropped.

tonoy
May 26, 2008, 09:17 AM
Good stuff, Sohel. Could you write about Abir next?

lamisa
May 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
Ashraful has the traits of a Bradman without the substance in the head. The immaturity of slapping Jalal explains it better than anything else that can describe his thought process. Reading the profile, i thought somebody is actually profiling me. But i don't think i have much in common with Ashraful.

Few of Ashraful's characteristic flaws in my eyes:

1. He tends to put more value in his lust for opposite sex than cricket.
2. He likes authority. He has no clue how to use it properly.
3. He thinks for a very short time and act quick. Exactly opposite to what i am.
4. He has no idea of team politics to put it in a blunt way.(team cohesion if you want to sugar coat it.)
5. His sense of surrounding, backing up his actions with follow-up is quite poor.
6. He is short-sighted.
7. Though he thinks for a very short tome but his reflexive reaction is quite slow which is utterly crucial in becoming a very good batsman.
8. He is not an accumulator.
9. He never prepares to face tough times yet he tries to ignore it.
10. His sense of humor is driven by the kid inside him that he still is.
11. He is vertical than horizontal. He looks up the sky rather to the ground. You end up being where you keep looking at. No wonder he hits balls up high rather than down the ground.
12. He is not a captain who thinks before hand. Rather a captain who worries later.

eh?:confused:where did u get that bhai?
nice post,sohel bhai.eigula paisen koi theke?i think i want to see tamim's next.:)

GuruTM
May 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
eh?where did u get that bhai?

Pop-Psyche 101?

Happy? That was easy. #:-S

Rabz
May 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
Not another Ashraful thread!

Way to big (for me) to read right now.
Nothing against you Sohel bhai.

plus, whats the point of profiling them?
they arent gonna score anytime soon, are they?

al Furqaan
May 26, 2008, 11:36 AM
i'd like to see rajib next.

sunny747
May 26, 2008, 12:08 PM
are you his dad? :)

Sohel
May 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
Sohel bhai, good stuff. Here's who I want to see next: 5) Tamim.

Why? Coz he has turned from a complete "nut khuila poira gese" to a complete "kalkei mechanic nut tight koira dise". I just loved the patience that he's shown in a few innings recently and hated some of his innings where he went all over looking for the nut he dropped.

Thanks K, Tonoy, Lamisa and Asaad. Rabz and HB, I can also do yours with an acceptable margin of error. Just PM me some basic info, the system and your posts can do the rest ... :)

Tamim's (2 requests plus my bhagni Antora and C_K, I'm sure) next, followed by Abir (1) and Rajib (1) in the upcoming weeks. Alok if he makes it comes right before the triangular ... :)

A few observations. Tamim comes from a cricketing family, and perhaps because of his father's death (RIP), failure is not an option for him.

His late father always wanted to see his sons open the batting for Bangladesh at the highest level, and Md. Nafees Iqbal Khan, on account of injuries and the traditional bauldami in the middle fell out of favor and hasn't been back since.

So when Tamim started to fail his India heroics and reached the bottom during the T20I WCs, he had a simple choice: change by learning from your mistakes, or perish with the U19s.

Under some of the circumstances I've mentioned here, he decided to do the latter, and focused on playing more orthodox shots. He worked hard and and with great intensity from what I hear.

Playing through the line of delivery became just as important to him as playing the length with a calmer frame of mind, at least up to a certain point. He stopped charging and gambling with what he faced in the NCL with solid results. The Talha punch-up forced him to calm down even more. All this happened way before Coach Siddons arrived in the scene.

After Coach Siddons' arrival, Tamim Iqbal Khan, IMHO THE MOST TALENTED Bangladeshi batsman of these times in terms of pure hand-eye coordination, has continued to improve. Remarkable stuff from such a young man ... :applause:

Sohel
May 26, 2008, 04:03 PM
are you his dad? :)

If I was, I can assure you we'd have had many more Eid Al Ashrafs or NO Ashraful at all. He would also be taller and speak better Bangla and English ... :lol:

bujhee kom
May 26, 2008, 04:08 PM
sohel bhai, whenever you get some time, it would be really great for us all bd cricket fans and well-wishers to learn about our other national team members - maybe starting with salma khatun, panna ghosh, ayesha akhter and champa chakma!
as always your effort, time, hard work and passion for bd cricket only enrich us - all bc readers! i always think of you in my prayers.

Sohel
May 26, 2008, 04:12 PM
sohel bhai, whenever you get some time, it would be really great for us all bd cricket fans and well-wishers to learn about our other national team members - maybe starting with salma khatun, panna ghosh, ayesha akhter and champa chakma!
as always your effort, time, hard work and passion for bd cricket only enrich us - all bc readers! i always think of you in my prayers.

Touched bro, thank you ... :)

I'm sure I'll have a chance to actually see the baghinis and some International women's cricket soon enough to tell you what I saw.

BANFAN
May 27, 2008, 05:34 AM
Very nice & detailed analysis, thanks Sohel_NR.
-----------------------------------
If his birthdate 7 July is correct. Ash is a 'Cancer' by Indian Horoscope or 'Goat' by chineese horoscope.

Basic Profile: Cancer/Goat

Intuitive, sensitive, responsive, aware, family/home oriented, shy, understanding, feeling, imaginative, dependable, conservative, loving, but can be moody, touchy, prickly, hostile

The Goat is also the clumsiest sign of the Chinese zodiac and so when they start walking do make sure there is plenty of padding around as the Goat learns to walk by bouncing merrily off objects until they find a way of balancing.

:)

Omio
May 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
Why not JO in the list?;)

BANFAN
May 27, 2008, 08:14 AM
JO has gone into the history books, already

crickwizard
May 27, 2008, 08:24 AM
why bother analyzing ashraful, it can be short and simple. He is an immature idiot but got gifted reflex and excellent eyes. Seldom uses his brain to apply his gift though

Rabz
May 27, 2008, 12:38 PM
why bother analyzing ashraful, it can be short and simple. He is an immature idiot but got gifted reflex and excellent eyes. Seldom uses his brain to apply his gift though

How about that!

Sorry Sohel bhai, looks like Crickwizard beats you to this one!

What you have tried to say in your million words, Cricwizard explained beautifully in 2 lines.

Fazal
May 27, 2008, 01:06 PM
How about that!

Sorry Sohel bhai, looks like Crickwizard beats you to this one!

What you have tried to say in your million words, Cricwizard explained beautifully in 2 lines.

Sohel NR Described in 5 day TEST format, and crickwizard described in ODI format.
Now the only thing left is to describe in 20-20 format.

My guess is, in 20-20 format, it will be:

"Talented Bolod"

sunny747
May 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
If I was, I can assure you we'd have had many more Eid Al Ashrafs or NO Ashraful at all. He would also be taller and speak better Bangla and English ... :lol:

hehe good one.
well, i just have this feelings that you are somebody quite famous who is using BC in disguise. Your writing skill is excellent and it resembles with Rabeeb Imam or perhaps even better.
You know so much about Bd players and some information you provide is not easy available on net. you need direct connection for the materials that you use in your writing.

You are not Rabeeb right?

Tigers_eye
May 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
sunny747,
Sohel bhai hoilo genuine maal. Pura khati. No RI can come close to.

Sohel bhai,
USA'tey thaki. Profiling shunlei bhoi lagey. 1) Tobu Miadad Jr.'er profile'ta portey chai. 2) Norail Pagla'r onek kisu'i porsi. I bet he would be the most interesting one to read.

As for Ash's profile: Excellent stuff on compiling them. Some question arised in my mind though. (with a pinch of salt)

An excellent organizer and planner, he is optimistic as well as practical and realistic about what can and what cannot happen. Very responsible, he considers it a personal weakness to be wrong about anything. This makes him appropriately cautious.
lol, 3 ta off'a ar 3 ta on'a fielding shajaitey excellent organizer ba planner hoitey hoi na. ;)

"Very responsible", :floor: batting'er shomoi bhuiley jai.

"he considers it a personal weakness to be wrong about anything. This makes him appropriately cautious" - Eita ki koilen? Media'tey captain howar por khali altu-faltu kotha bola suru korsey. :waiting:

Sohel
May 29, 2008, 03:01 AM
sunny747,
Sohel bhai hoilo genuine maal. Pura khati. No RI can come close to.

Sohel bhai,
USA'tey thaki. Profiling shunlei bhoi lagey. 1) Tobu Miadad Jr.'er profile'ta portey chai. 2) Norail Pagla'r onek kisu'i porsi. I bet he would be the most interesting one to read.

Mijan my brother, the profile is cross-referenced and the contributions of everyone involved is in every sentence, but thanks anyway for the kind words ... :)

Ultimately this type of construct is just fun and games with bits of truth here and there, maybe. "Personality profiles" are different from more serious "Psychological profiles" used in criminal investigation, headhunting, negociation strategies and tactics, and some consumer analysis. I am BLISSFULLY retired from that world ... :D

I'll definitely do MaMi and MaMu. MaMi, and I'm speaking from personal experience here, has the potential be what we're looking for, IF he stays huble neough to stay the course.

As for Ash's profile: Excellent stuff on compiling them. Some question arised in my mind though. (with a pinch of salt)

lol, 3 ta off'a ar 3 ta on'a fielding shajaitey excellent organizer ba planner hoitey hoi na. ;)

"Very responsible", :floor: batting'er shomoi bhuiley jai.

"he considers it a personal weakness to be wrong about anything. This makes him appropriately cautious" - Eita ki koilen? Media'tey captain howar por khali altu-faltu kotha bola suru korsey. :waiting:

:lol: ... I had a good laugh there and a few other places also. What can I say, bro, we all have strange contradictions and behave differently under different circumstances. Age and the wisdom that may or may not accompany time, plays a part too.

Thankfully, neither of us had to be under the constant scrutiny of 150 million passionate fans while playing International cricket, which we didn't ... ;)

As our late fathers (RIP) were taught by the best of their teachers: "it's not a crime to make mistakes, but it is a crime when you don't learn from them."

I just hope our beloved Ahammok learns more in doubletime. The pongta hawa of fortune and fame need to be left behind so that sobriety may prevail and real learning may begin, hear me GOD ... :)

Sohel
May 29, 2008, 03:06 AM
hehe good one.
well, i just have this feelings that you are somebody quite famous who is using BC in disguise. Your writing skill is excellent and it resembles with Rabeeb Imam or perhaps even better.
You know so much about Bd players and some information you provide is not easy available on net. you need direct connection for the materials that you use in your writing.

You are not Rabeeb right?

No bro, Rabeed would have no reason to log on with a nom de guerre, and neither do I ... :)

Fazal
May 29, 2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2008/05/30/2008-05-30__sp03.jpg

Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful concentrates hard on the first day of the HSC equivalent examinations under the Technical Education Board at the Lalmatia Housing School and College yesterday. Photo: STAR

mahbubH
May 29, 2008, 01:09 PM
Nice ... real star .. cannot have the exam without those reporters... Is that his mobile phone?

nsd3
May 29, 2008, 09:27 PM
Nice ... real star .. cannot have the exam without those reporters... Is that his mobile phone?
Answers are being sent as sms text!! Jak pash kore puropuri khelate mon dite hobe to - that's ok.

Beamer
May 29, 2008, 09:48 PM
Answers are being sent as sms text!! Jak pash kore puropuri khelate mon dite hobe to - that's ok.

:floor::floor: Thats too funny..

Nice work by Sohel though as he only can. Now where is the profile for Haba? Can't wait for that to come..

sunny747
May 29, 2008, 10:32 PM

looks like a calculator to me.

Murad
May 29, 2008, 10:50 PM
Ash-Aftab dekhi shob kisu ek sathei kore.

Both are taking the exams from same College. Their education board is different from Shakib's.

Here's a little report on their nervousness.

Prothom-Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAwODQy&mid=OA==)

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/adminpanel/pictures/1212066677.jpg
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/adminpanel/pictures/1212066637.jpg
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/adminpanel/pictures/1212066655.jpg
Proshno mone hoi khube kothin.. bechara kainda ditase..:-p

Murad
May 29, 2008, 10:51 PM
looks like a calculator to me.

Same here. :)

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 01:28 AM
Preparing for the next career, that's what he said in his interview.
Does he think that his cricket carrer is not going to last much longer !!

lamisa
May 30, 2008, 04:32 AM
why would he need a calculator in english exam?:-/

Sohel
May 30, 2008, 05:05 AM
Karigori HSC at 24, I guess better late than never !

So if cricket fails, the road to Dholaikhal is paved, or if we return to the glory days before 1/11, political tankibaji can be the other career option.

crikfreak
May 30, 2008, 07:29 AM

how do you know its english exam??

btw nice one sohel bhaia.. some of those stuff really contradict the ashraful u see on the field..

i want to see mash, mami and tamim soon..

AsifTheManRahman
May 30, 2008, 08:57 AM
Good for photography.

lamisa
May 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
how do you know its english exam??

btw nice one sohel bhaia.. some of those stuff really contradict the ashraful u see on the field..

i want to see mash, mami and tamim soon..

itz all over the news.neways,i figured out just 1 reason why they might need a calculator,to see how much mark they skippd!

thebest
May 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
did the photographers realized that they are disturbing the other examiners? Can any photographer compensate if any of the examinees has failed to answer any question because of the disturbance they caused? the education board should take action against chief invigilator for allowing the photographers in the exam hall. this is against the law to allow anybody who is not related with the examination to be allowed in the examination hall.

kalpurush
May 30, 2008, 02:11 PM
It might be a multiple-subject exam. Its different than usual/conventional SSC exams.

kalpurush
May 30, 2008, 02:13 PM
did the photographers realized that they are disturbing the other examiners? Can any photographer compensate if any of the examinees has failed to answer any question because of the disturbance they caused? the education board should take action against chief invigilator for allowing the photographers in the exam hall. this is against the law to allow anybody who is not related with the examination to be allowed in the examination hall.
Boss, other examiners didn't feel disturb, rather, they enjoyed it according to Prothom-Alo reporter.:)

kalpurush
May 30, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sohel Bhai..great observation. Why don't you be the first biographer of our beloved "bolod"?! :D
I hope it reaches to the profile owner and judge himself at other's mirror and makes adjustments accordingly if possible.

SS
June 2, 2008, 03:55 PM
Onek ager ball boy
hotat kore Math matai
Ghoni Sir er talim pai
Shekan theke she ute jai
Shotero bosore she dak pai
Jhokon amader shob batsmen chintai ghum harai
Vaas Murali kemne thekaey
thokon ase aei cheleta chomotra khela dekai
Tarpor theke she niomoto Eid amader upohar dei
Er personality....Aro amra jante chai
Personality Profile pore jai
open, frank, outgoing, shob shomoi she freedom chae
onek feelings, onek emotion, onek tar Akankha, onek rag jodi shob thik moto na pae
Maje maje stubborn she, maje maje emotional support chae
Shomoi lagena Jealousy ar suspious hote, Emotional reassurance ar solace jodi na pae
Shopno dekhe she Tendu howar khali she onek dhur jete chae
Scup mare, straight mare porer bole wicket pore jae
1 ta na 2 ta nai ...shob shomoi aei hoe
Jokhon shei char pachta char mare shoduei nijer nam kamae
Emotional energy jokon she repress korte jai
Destructive form e ar compulsive behavior take bole kure kae
Kintu bokar moto kotha shunle (in conference) eta boro boja dae
Team jokon bipode pore thokon tar successive char mara chae
Kina khello Aei cheleta Tendu take bahaba dei
Arek khela kello she Cardiff e Math ta te Ponting er chul pakae
Er poreo SA ar SL er shathe she Match Jitai
Kintu 100 ODI khelar poreo bokar moto out hoi
Tobuo kono lojja nai
BCB onek ashae Habibul er kach theke Captancy take dei
Akon take ke ar pae
Shunne ute Rajar power kobja kore Bukh fulae
Team leading er kaj chere, bokar moto bat chalae
Dosta dekhe team mate er jokohn tar avg bisher ghore unnottir kono sign nae.
Shobar pokkhe ki leader hoya jai
Talent namer label niye kotodin ar shojjo hoe
Aei dunai onek talent boro shobai hote chae
talent hoelo shob shomoi kaje tar porichoe
Akonho ase hate shomoi, eccha thakle upai hoe
Sheta jodi missing thake, godi chere dite hoe