PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Overhaul

scoilaheez
May 26, 2008, 08:19 AM
In response to the thought that Warney should be brought in as the new coach... it got me thinking as to the value of a coach?

In all honesty, one coach cannot make the biggest difference at the top level. Australia have hundreds of quality coaches right throughout the country. They have coaches who coach the young coaches, meaning that players are taught the right technical qualities from a young age. This is the system that I believe BD are implementing on the advice of the Australian Cricket Board. You need hundreds of coaches teaching the youngsters and developing their game for it to make a massive difference. Otherwise, paying the big bucks to the individuals at the top level will not help them overcome techinical issues. Their technical problems are too well set into their game to change their game by the age of 22+

I look at some of the technical issues in some of our players that will never be fixed:

Shahadat: Bowls very wide of the crease, prevents him from getting many LBW's as a lot of the time when he is bowling to Right handers, it will hit the pad outside the line of off stump and when he bowls to Left Handers he will have to swing the ball a lot to get it to pitch in line.

Ash: Unable to let a short ball through to keeper. Instinctively tries to hook it for six every time.

All players: Running between wickets, letting more deliveries through to keeper early in the innings, rotating strike especially from simple defensive shots

There are much more problems with our players that can never be fixed no matter how much coaching. Whoever is our coach, they should emphasise fielding standards as this has area can improve vastly and quicker than other areas.

Overall, I am also trying to say that one coach will find it very difficult to overhaul a team that has consistently struggled for years, no matter how much confidence they will instil in their team. It takes years and years to change the coaching structure and improve standards across the board.

djnaved
May 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
In 4 words: NO MORE AUSSIE COACH
Our players don't know the basics of cricket, Aussie coaches never teach basics of cricket

lamisa
May 26, 2008, 10:35 AM
In 4 words: NO MORE AUSSIE COACH
Our players don't know the basics of cricket, Aussie coaches never teach basics of cricket

couldnt agree more bro!

Pundit
May 26, 2008, 10:44 AM
What I have found the most pathetic about our players is that everytime the ball hits the bat, they stride forward in an attempt for a run in reflex. And then, its as if they get rooted to the pitch upon discovering that its not to be had, and there body displays a comical twist as they put on the effort to get back to the crease.

They must be very nervous or there mental faculties have not evolved quite into that of the modern Man...yet.

But one thing is for sure, we don't have any shortage of potential new coaches here in Banglacricket, once Siddons departs (made to leave).

Fazal
May 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
You can overhaul the engine as much as you can.... but unless you stop using kerosine and start using unleaded premium gas, you will continue to have problem with you engine. A good engine usually require a premium quality gas.

If you only have kerosin, then may be it makes more sense to buy those banned old three wheel schooter instead where the engine can handle kerosin mixed with mobil oil.

zahid
May 27, 2008, 05:05 PM
You can overhaul the engine as much as you can.... but unless you stop using kerosine and start using unleaded premium gas, you will continue to have problem with you engine. A good engine usually require a premium quality gas.

If you only have kerosin, then may be it makes more sense to buy those banned old three wheel schooter instead where the engine can handle kerosin mixed with mobil oil.

What about Biofuel solution ?

Fazal
May 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
What about Biofuel solution ?

You mean this?

http://us.oneworld.net/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/30265-200x200.jpg

You don't need any engine. Only thing we need is these...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/images/2005/09/050901074943.jpg

and we have pleny of them in the team.

scoilaheez
June 2, 2008, 02:56 AM
What I have found the most pathetic about our players is that everytime the ball hits the bat, they stride forward in an attempt for a run in reflex. And then, its as if they get rooted to the pitch upon discovering that its not to be had, and there body displays a comical twist as they put on the effort to get back to the crease.

So true, Aftab is the worst. He runs half way down and tries to spin around but starts hopping on one foot. Remember, Habibul's pathetic run-out when he was tapping the pitch when the catch was dropped. That was hilarious, not at the time tho

Tigers_eye
June 2, 2008, 09:50 AM
...But one thing is for sure, we don't have any shortage of potential new coaches here in Banglacricket, once Siddons departs (made to leave).
Would you be my assistant? I need a knowledgable one to back me up!!

Pundit
June 2, 2008, 11:29 PM
Would you be my assistant? I need a knowledgable one to back me up!!

Considering how fickle minded fans are, how long do you expect your tenure to last?

bujhee kom
June 3, 2008, 06:21 AM
i have full faith in coach jamie siddons!
he is working with a very hard and crude material here, inshallah, in time some good outcome will surface!

ehteshamul
June 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
In response to the thought that Warney should be brought in as the new coach... it got me thinking as to the value of a coach?

In all honesty, one coach cannot make the biggest difference at the top level. Australia have hundreds of quality coaches right throughout the country. They have coaches who coach the young coaches, meaning that players are taught the right technical qualities from a young age. This is the system that I believe BD are implementing on the advice of the Australian Cricket Board. You need hundreds of coaches teaching the youngsters and developing their game for it to make a massive difference. Otherwise, paying the big bucks to the individuals at the top level will not help them overcome techinical issues. Their technical problems are too well set into their game to change their game by the age of 22+

I look at some of the technical issues in some of our players that will never be fixed:

Shahadat: Bowls very wide of the crease, prevents him from getting many LBW's as a lot of the time when he is bowling to Right handers, it will hit the pad outside the line of off stump and when he bowls to Left Handers he will have to swing the ball a lot to get it to pitch in line.

Ash: Unable to let a short ball through to keeper. Instinctively tries to hook it for six every time.

All players: Running between wickets, letting more deliveries through to keeper early in the innings, rotating strike especially from simple defensive shots

There are much more problems with our players that can never be fixed no matter how much coaching. Whoever is our coach, they should emphasise fielding standards as this has area can improve vastly and quicker than other areas.

Overall, I am also trying to say that one coach will find it very difficult to overhaul a team that has consistently struggled for years, no matter how much confidence they will instil in their team. It takes years and years to change the coaching structure and improve standards across the board.

HOW MANY COACHES DO WE NEED?

We are all aware of the fact that our team has multiple deficiencies - an extensive one in all the departments – Batting, Bowling, Fielding and Captaincy. We have all seen that.

It is impossible for Siddons to bring about changes in all the departments. He is a essentially a Batting Coach. In that respect he has done a pretty decent job bringing about substantial batting improvements in Tamim and Saqib – Proven peformers battingwise under Siddons .The lesser known players of the likes of Riyad, Farhad., Dhiman has also shown steady progress which is a good omen for Bangladesh.

Unfortunately two key players Aftab and Ash have been Perpetual failures under Siddons. The so called Team Rule is not working for them. One does not know whether it will ever work for them These guys require Advanced batting Coach maybe two weeks that Bangladesh may hire in the form of Batting Consultant. Once they overcome their shortcomings Siddons can continue to impart his Batting Wisdom.

We do not need ‘ Salim Kalim ‘ Coaches in Bowling and Fielding.

We need proven performers who can bring about immediate results at a ‘Hare Pace’ and not at ‘Tortoise Pace.

In all fairness lets be patient with Siddons for the remainder of the year to assess whether he can bring perceptible(VICTORIES!) changes for us or do we need to change him.

By the look of things so far BCB should start at least covertly to hunt for the next Head Coach in the event nothing works.

It would be nice for BCB to have alternate Coach Candidates at their finger tips so that it would save them valuable research time if and when they decide to take a shot for a new one.

So BCB needs to start their homework with immediate effect in the greater interest for themselves, team and the nation.

At least on paper the BCB Selection Committee looks Smart. But they have to Think and Act Smart with regards to the Head Coach before the matter gets out of hand.

For cricket fans like us we can only pray and hope that Siddons excels in the new phase both as a Head and Batting Coach.

All the Best to Siddons!

Allah Hafez!

Cheers!

Ajfar
June 4, 2008, 09:32 PM
amader egarota boloder jonno dorkar...ekjon pagla typer rakhal...