PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Have Against This Guy?

pilot fan
May 31, 2008, 06:25 AM
I need to know teh asner to this why are peoploe allways having a go at Nazimuddin?

this guy is one of the best first calss players around he is 22 and allready has 7 100's to his name thats more than aftab, shakib, tamim, nafees put together

and when he name crops up people just call him another aftab, he is nothing like aftab this guy has scored big runs not 20-30's like aftab

he has shown what he can do in 20 20 and now he derserves the chance to open the innings with tamim in the ODI's.

Yes i know he didnt have a great time in the 20 20 world cup but he still derserves another go in teh loonger form, i realy fell that he could achive at this level as he has done what most of the national team hasnt (excluding reza and rassak) performed at domostic level constistanly for a number of years

Anher
May 31, 2008, 06:54 AM
He will be our little master and our most favourate cricketer of all time. It has been 6 months he is my favourate cricketer already. All we have to do is little wait and see....

Rifat
May 31, 2008, 08:59 AM
well, what better time than now to prove himself? Aftab is on the verge of getting kicked out... i still want to see a couple more tries from aftab... so nazimuddin should be a good replacement for aftab.

this may shock people but i feel that adding nazimuddin to the test squad will eventually benefit us.

BANFAN
May 31, 2008, 10:55 AM
I like him too. Should get a chance to get settled in the playing 11.

Isnaad
May 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
He should play for Bangladesh in the tri series. I want to see a century from him.

bdchamp20
May 31, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'd definetely like to see Nazim ahead of Aftab in the team, I'd even have Dollar play in Aftab's place. I dont think Nazim should open in ODIs, Tamim and Shahriar should continue opening as Junaid isnt there, Nazimuddin should bat at 5 or 6.

bujhee kom
May 31, 2008, 12:07 PM
in my book, he is a superstar!
oneday he will be an artful batsman like mohammad azharuddin!

billah
May 31, 2008, 01:58 PM
Pilot fan,

I have nothing against Nazim, but I can tell you, from close range:

He looks like Aftab.
He is built like Aftab.
He is about the same height as Aftab.
He talks very much like Aftab.
He shows temperament like that of Aftab.
Aside from a couple of good innings, he hits out, very much, like Aftab.
Aside from Aftab, only other teammate he resembles, is Ashraful.

It seems to me that he already has picked up all the wrong characteristics of our batting. In time, once he makes a little more money, he might also pick up the nonchalant attitude of these other below par batsmen.

I think we shouldn't think too much about his first class records. If our first class record meant anything, Halim Shah would have been a national player.

In my opinion, if we want him to turn out as a better batsman than these others, we have to make him understand the concept of "Punishmemt". This one medicine always worked with Ashraful. Ash is dire need of some punishment at the moment. It is also time to fire our overpriced no-hoper Jamie Siddons right away. We've had this kind of loose talking coaches before. We suffered from long batting slides before taking action. Fast action in firing JS is the need of the time.

Murad
May 31, 2008, 01:59 PM
In my book, he's not the batsman we want in our oneday team. He's so incosistent in ODs.

However, I want him to be our no.3 batsman in the Test cricket. He should replace Aftab in Test.

He's a good Test cricket player.

AsifTheManRahman
May 31, 2008, 02:33 PM
We don't need anymore bangbangers..

BD-Shardul
May 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
Nice, another superstar in the making :-D

BTW, Billah bhai, Nazimuddin said that his favorite player is AfAh :lol:

crickwizard
May 31, 2008, 04:55 PM
My observation of Nazimuddin is that he gets a little nervous in intl matches. Perhaps playing few more and one big score will get him confidence. The other critical weakness is he plays across a lot more than other batsmen. Playing across works in BD local games due the standard of bowling but when you play real fast bowlers it would back fire (that has happened in most cases when he showed poor forms in intl)

Gowza
May 31, 2008, 06:30 PM
well, what better time than now to prove himself? Aftab is on the verge of getting kicked out... i still want to see a couple more tries from aftab... so nazimuddin should be a good replacement for aftab.

this may shock people but i feel that adding nazimuddin to the test squad will eventually benefit us.

don't see why it should shock people, he has one of the best FC records of any active BD batsman and unlike others he's actually maintained it for 50+ matches. but i don't think he should open, he's scored most of his runs in the middle order, no reason to move him from where he bats best.

arafath79
May 31, 2008, 09:56 PM
I thought Nizimuddin was a dumb when I first saw him in T20 world cup but he changed my thoughts against him when I saw him playing some powerful strokes against South Africa(2 ODI) and Pakistan(T20 match). He is one of those few genuine stroke makers in Bangladesh at the moment.

samircreep
June 1, 2008, 01:18 AM
excellently put my friend, although i don't think halim shah was as bad as u made him out to be:lol:

Pilot fan,

He looks like Aftab.
He is built like Aftab.

It seems to me that he already has picked up all the wrong characteristics of our batting. In time, once he makes a little more money, he might also pick up the nonchalant attitude of these other below par batsmen.

I think we shouldn't think too much about his first class records. If our first class record meant anything, Halim Shah would have been a national player.

In my opinion, if we want him to turn out as a better batsman than these others, we have to make him understand the concept of "Punishmemt". This one medicine always worked with Ashraful. Ash is dire need of some punishment at the moment. It is also time to fire our overpriced no-hoper Jamie Siddons right away. We've had this kind of loose talking coaches before. We suffered from long batting slides before taking action. Fast action in firing JS is the need of the time.

Nafi
June 1, 2008, 04:28 AM
He much more taller than aftab.

thebest
June 1, 2008, 12:16 PM
Pilot fan,

He looks like Aftab.
He is built like Aftab.

Well said Billah Vai, Where you been?
I have nothing against him (remember he is a fellow chatgaiya) But Billah Vai miss the following
He can not bat
He can not bowl
He can not Field
He can not Catch
He can not run
Other than those, I am ok with him

Rifat
June 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
Well said Billah Vai, Where you been?
I have nothing against him (remember he is a fellow chatgaiya) But Billah Vai miss the following
He can not bat
He can not bowl
He can not Field
He can not Catch
He can not run
Other than those, I am ok with him

no offense when you say "he cannot bat" shows either one of the following:

1. he is too nervous to bat in international arena

2. he hasn't converted his success from domestic arena into international arena!(wrong, in 20/20 he was doing awesome until the statement in out famous world cup 20/20 victory "nazimuddin's REPUTATION tarnished with that shot...".

i think what happened was after a couple of flashes in the fan, Us bangladeshi fans got too excited and thought this guy was the answer... and like the past too much hope on one player got him this "ego feeling" and he fell like Ashraful, Aftab and other names need i mention?

3. his excellent avergae is from par below quality bangladeshi national league

4. you are pretty much saying this guy is wasting a spot on the national 11...

i hope you are proven wrong.

billah
June 1, 2008, 01:04 PM
He much more taller than aftab.

I beg to disagree. Specially, on the "much more" part. He is not only short, he is a small frame guy also. BTW, of the newcomers in the team, pacer Zia and Zunaed were the only two that were taller and larger frame guys. I bet many of us don't even remember Zia from about 8 months ago. Sad situation.

crikfreak
June 6, 2008, 04:08 AM
i hv nothin against him.. on the contrary i like him

Jaybaba
June 6, 2008, 10:34 AM
I think he is one of the very few bangla batsman who play genuine strokes - and does not just slog the ball like Aftab. With time to settle in the side, he could be a batting rock for the team.

Fazal
June 6, 2008, 10:57 AM
He is one of those few genuine stroke makers in Bangladesh at the moment.

Khaiseee.... you are saying another 'bolod' in making?

SS
June 6, 2008, 01:01 PM
Khaiseee.... you are saying another 'bolod' in making?

Ram bolod...ke jane ram bolod hoikina(ram chagol hoi jantam)
...hoite pare...hybrid er jug...