PDA

View Full Version : Replacements : Alok for Aftab, Rajin for Alok and Farhad for Omi

Miraz
June 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
Bangladesh batsman Aftab Ahmed has suffered a finger injury and has been ruled out of the India-Pakistan-Bangladesh Tri-Nation ODI Series in Dhaka and the Asia Cup 2008 in Pakistan. Aftab was stuck by a ball while batting in practice on Saturday which resulted in a dislocation and fracture of one of the bones in his finger. X-ray confirmed that he has a comminuted fracture of the right ring finger which will need to be surgically repaired.
He has been advised rest of around 6 weeks.
Alok Kapali has been called up as Aftab's replacement in the Bangladesh side for the India-Pakistan-Bangladesh Tri-Nation ODI Series and the Asia Cup 2008.

Batsman Rajin Salah will join the Bangladesh A Team for the Tour of Ireland as replacement for Alok Kapali who has been called up in the National Side for the injured Aftab Ahmed.

Kapali's replacement in the A Team for the Tour of England will be named later.

Bangladesh A batsman Zahurul Islam Omi has requested the BCB not to consider him for the A Team's Tour of Ireland in June-July 2008 as he is due to appear in the Honours Final examination.

The BCB Selection Committee has decided that all-rounder Farhad Hossain would replace Zahurul in the squad for the Tour of Ireland.

Media & Communications Department, BCB

Eshen
June 1, 2008, 12:29 PM
Kapali's replacement in the A Team for the Tour of England will be named later.
Instead of that, selectors should send him to join the A-team with other national players (Nazim, Rokibul, Dollar, etc).

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
Soon we'd need a tracker to keep up with this replacements....

Hopefully Alok does something Aloukik to make a good solid comeback.

Rifat
June 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
i really want to see Kapali, Sakibul Hasan, Farhad Reza,
Mahmudullah Riyad, Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafee Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim,Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Nazimuddin, Syed Rasel, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees in english county cricket....(so that we can have more threads on "this player in English county league for each player(satirizing abdur razzak on IPL)")

in order for that to happen, we should send an elite group of players with the A team and hope they perform EXCEEDINGLY WELL(compared to recent past anyway)... county cricket will improve Bangladesh tremendously, trust me.

only then the county teams like warwickshire, derbyshire, hampshire, glamorgan will consider bangladeshi players.

bujhee kom
June 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
good, i am glad alok's in!
best of luck to kapali! this is your chance to make your dad(rip) feel proud of you!

i much agree with rifat, participating in the english county league could sharpen these guys very well!

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
I am not sure if Kapali was a good choice, to replace Aftab.

I heard that all the county teams are crazy for BD players; But they are not interested and not allowed by BCB to play in counties. We can open thread and play virtual county-county anyway. :)

cricket_fanatic
June 2, 2008, 02:18 AM
I am not sure if Kapali was a good choice, to replace Aftab.

I heard that all the county teams are crazy for BD players; But they are not interested and not allowed by BCB to play in counties. We can open thread and play virtual county-county anyway. :)

Nice one

Sohel
June 2, 2008, 03:07 AM
Here we go again. The eternal scapegoat is back before he's ready IMHO. The best of luck to him as he'll need it. Anyway, saw a bit of him being watched by Coach Siddons at the nets yesterday. Coach Siddons seemed to have spent quite a bit of 1-on-1 time with Alok, giving batting tips.

I thought how Mijan could help him do the rest with his tough "motivational" ways. Someday.

On another note, Eshen is right, he needs to join the A Team no matter how he does with the senior side.

crikfreak
June 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
i hope alok will do well.. hope he has a good comeback.. but i seriously dunno how good this desicion is gonna be..

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 03:35 PM
i hope alok will do well.. hope he has a good comeback.. but i seriously dunno how good this desicion is gonna be..
In the first match he scored 8. In the second match he didn't have the opportunity to play. I think in both match he got a wicket.

best wishes to the entire BD team whoever plays at the end.

Why is Rajin not getting any chance? Is he still injured? He was a fantastic fielder. 12 man hishabey tho kajey lagtho!!

Rifat
June 5, 2008, 05:43 PM
as everybody might have suspected by my ancient posts or my attitude towards Alok Kapali that he is my unannounced favorite player! i don't see a good reason why he shouldn't suceed, why isn't he my favorite player beside Rasel and Reza? because in BanglaCricket he has a reputation for being called "Aloukik Koupal" i say he has the worst "Koupal" since what kind of "Koupal" is preventing him to not perform well the national team when he is a player of tremendous talent and potential.

Why doesn't he succeed?

Foozy
June 5, 2008, 10:44 PM
as everybody might have suspected by my ancient posts or my attitude towards Alok Kapali that he is my unannounced favorite player! i don't see a good reason why he shouldn't suceed, why isn't he my favorite player beside Rasel and Reza? because in BanglaCricket he has a reputation for being called "Aloukik Koupal" i say he has the worst "Koupal" since what kind of "Koupal" is preventing him to not perform well the national team when he is a player of tremendous talent and potential.

Why doesn't he succeed?

hmmm deeppp....:-|

Fazal
June 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
Why doesn't he succeed?

Whatever is meant to be will be and whatever is meant not to be won't. May be its a case of "meant not to be".

SS
June 6, 2008, 01:06 PM
Whatever is meant to be will be and whatever is meant not to be won't. May be its a case of "meant not to be".

Kothin kotha koichen akkhan...bangla koren deki..."pora Koupal" taile kemne hoi aloukik pora koupal. I guess the bad luck is so prominent that it is really amazing how bad it is.