PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you supposed to wear Gloves when Batting?

cricman
June 2, 2008, 12:17 AM
The Idiocy of Aftab, No other way you can break your fingers when facing a pacer unless your not wearing gloves!

DO you see How Thick them gloves are!

Mods if you want move this to the Aftab injured thread but How else can you break your finger when batting?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44114000/jpg/_44114064_aftab203.jpg

al Furqaan
June 2, 2008, 12:28 AM
bashar also fractured a thumb batting before. it happens. plus those gloves aren't as all-protective as they look. when you put on a pair you realize that your non-batting hand is fully exposed at the thumb since your unlikely to be struck there.

bad luck facing a robin delivery that just hit em.

Nafis_BD
June 2, 2008, 12:33 AM
Bhaiya you never know when/why/how anything happens when you are playing out there. Although these equipments are a lot better than the past ones and save players from a lot of injuries but there are always ways a player could get hurt. Even if you have really thick gloves the impact of the ball coming around 130/140 KM/hour and hitting your bat should be enough to break your thumb.

I did lots of researches on these stuff and there are always some kind of flaws. Players also think of comfortability, style, feel and etc when they are getting their equipments(believe it or not)!!

These kind of things just happen and players should always be expecting them and so should the fans. It's just how things go.

Gowza
June 2, 2008, 12:52 AM
i remember yeras ago in a state match when brett lee fired one down at brendon julian, unfortunately for brendon his arm got broken. not sure if he was wearing an arm guard or where the ball actually hit him but if someone can break your arm just by bowling at you it's not surprising a finger can break even with gloves on. as said, those gloves really don't offer that much protection, especially when you consider that these guys can face players who bowl upward of 150 km/h. let's not forget it depends how and where the finger is hit. again, as said there are parts of the glove which don't have padding on them. anyway this isn't a rare case, doesn't happen everyday but plenty of batsmen have got broken fingers, keepers to.

nahaz
June 2, 2008, 01:44 AM
Yap, I had broken the tip of my left ring finger when batting in an actual match...I was trying to take the hand away from the bat when it happened. I was out for six weeks as well...
These things are more likely in the nets when players aren't concentrating as hard...oh wait, Aftab never concentrates an yway. Maybe he should learn to watch the ball more often

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 01:58 AM
it is primarily lack of concentration. That was vissible in Kalis bouncer as well. Fortunately he wasn't cought by Steyn bouncer. Let him enjoy uninterrupted married life for a year, to be able to concentrate in cricket, or to get the final cick if he doesn't.

WHen a player continues to SUCK
The luck as well, continues to ***K

Nafi
June 2, 2008, 06:36 AM
i ve been hit in the glove and it still hurts!

Sohel
June 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
As a former ice and inline hockey player, I can say that quality protective gear only lessens the impact, NOT eliminate it.

That said, it won't surprise me a bit if AfAh wasn't wearing gloves. This can happen when first cousins, as per local tradition, continue to marry one another for generations ... ;)

Kabir
June 2, 2008, 08:53 AM
That said, it won't surprise me a bit if AfAh wasn't wearing gloves. This can happen when first cousins, as per local tradition, continue to marry one another for generations ... ;)

Bhaijan...chance pailei chatgaiyader ke khocha maren na? :)

Tigers_eye
June 2, 2008, 09:02 AM
The gloves only protects one side of the fingers. The tips are vulnarable and as Nahaz has mentioned if somehow one lets go of the bat the ball can hit unprotected side of the fingers. I am sure Aftab was wearing gloves.
In our school days, we had a bowler against whom we use to put stuff between pad and leg. The impact was so fierce that our shins would hurt when those balls thudded in our pads. In the early eighties, we use to get the best kind of gear available (lucky few).

Rabz
June 2, 2008, 11:41 AM
The gloves only protects one side of the fingers. The tips are vulnarable and as Nahaz has mentioned if somehow one lets go of the bat the ball can hit unprotected side of the fingers. I am sure Aftab was wearing gloves.

I guess i have to concur with that statement too.
He would NOT be batting without gloves.
You just dont do it.

Btw, i hope this Dollar guy keeps the record of breaking batsmen.
...offcourse of the oppositions i mean.

(wishful thinking: break Ash's fingers too)

Kabir
June 2, 2008, 12:42 PM
(wishful thinking: break Ash's fingers too)

touba koren miya...ash is our baby boy...how can you wish to see our baby boy cry?

Rabz
June 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
touba koren miya...ash is our baby boy...how can you wish to see our baby boy cry?

Baby boy?

hmm......

btw, just out of curiosity...
whats your age limit for being a baby?

who knows...
may be i could qualify too...:-D
(hint: just pull your limits closer to your own age my freind)

Fazal
June 2, 2008, 01:30 PM
Sh*t Happens..... with or without gloves.

Pundit
June 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
Whoa...they wear gloves in cricket ?

I like my gloves...they give me a more gundaesque look. On the flip side of the coin, gloves also allow me to do things....

...and combined with pads, they really keep things under control. Now I know why they also consider wearing them in cricket.

Now to those 3 pointy lil things behind the batsmen's rear...what are those...braces...or what..you say ba(i)ls.

Gloves are for lovers,
Bails are for dommes,
Wickets are for headmasters,
Balls are for teenie boppers..

...no relation to the game of cricket...and you call Aftab a looney?

Nafi
June 2, 2008, 01:37 PM
Sh*t Happens..... with or without gloves.

Is it me, or am I the only one who is laughing at the sexual innuendo.

Sohel
June 3, 2008, 05:19 AM
Bhaijan...chance pailei chatgaiyader ke khocha maren na? :)

Are talto-bhaisab, eidare jodi khoncha kaun, chantgaiya kajin-kujiner samne boya chachi-mamigo domachha kyamne haujom hoibo? Phupha-Khalugor hushky-mushky kyame refuse korum? Lalkhanbajare ana-gonar kauthadato koi nai, koichhi? ... ;)

Kabir
June 3, 2008, 08:52 AM
Are talto-bhaisab, eidare jodi khoncha kaun, chantgaiya kajin-kujiner samne boya chachi-mamigo domachha kyamne haujom hoibo? Phupha-Khalugor hushky-mushky kyame refuse korum? Lalkhanbajare ana-gonar kauthadato koi nai, koichhi? ... ;)

Lol. Ekta jinish thik...apnar Bangla porte gele bhai amar daat gula shirshir kore...kemne pechay pechay lekhen miya ;)

In Chatgaiya: ainno Bangla fes fes koroth.

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Aren't Ashraful suppose to wear groin guard while batting?

Then how come....

SS
June 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
Aren't Ashraful suppose to wear groin guard while batting?

Then how come....

How you know that he didn't wear groin guard while batting..as news say he started getting groin pain after the match ...during the match he was fine ...the question is when he got hurt!!!
:waiting:

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 04:32 PM
How you know that he didn't wear groin guard while batting..as news say he started getting groin pain after the match ...during the match he was fine ...the question is when he got hurt!!!
:waiting:

Was Jalal watching the game? He may have kicked Ash in the private area.

SS
June 4, 2008, 04:46 PM
Was Jalal watching the game? He may have kicked Ash in the private area.
I googled if Jalal kicked him that caused groin injury...nope...no news ...Jalal was not in the field...hey wait wait...I found something....
Jalal was inside the dressing room...Ash was out and returned in the dressing room...now the news gets interesting...not sure if Jalal attacked him again for revenge or to save himself from Ash's 'approach' towards him...Eki shob news...Ash tumi kina akon.....bechara ash...no luck in cricket, no luck in monalisa...and now no luck in Jalal.