PDA

View Full Version : Shakib Al Hasan: A Personality Profile

Sohel
June 3, 2008, 06:51 AM
Amazing guy and just 21, he’s one of my favorite persons in Bangladesh! Being almost twice his age, I really feel humbled being around the complete absence of malice in his heart.

I imagine our own Nafis BD to be a bit like him ... :)

An excellent overall example to Bangladeshi cricketers, our Magura Miandad is what he is because of WHO he is and how his mind works.

A great fielder, a good “containment” SLA ideally suited for the shorter version, and an ever-improving batsman learning to play the line of delivery, I feel we're not even close to seeing what he has to offer, especially with his great hand-eye coordination when picking up the length of a delivery as well as he can on occasion.

Humble and well raised with no complexes or pretension whatsoever, we’re very lucky to have him. He has his priorities spot on.

He lives and breathes the game just because he loves it. He will continue to improve and surprise us with his ability to learn, Inshallah.

I have no doubts that someday, he will be the captain we’ve been craving since day 1.

He’s known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest.

At times, though, he can also be blunt and quite indiscreet as he sees fit. Others have to learn not to take everything he says personally, because he usually does not mean any harm when he criticizes a particular act, not necessarily the person responsible for it, as passionately as he does.

He gives himself the same treatment without any reservation and without beating himself up too much, often before critiquing someone else’s actions.

He is never short of genuine and specific praise for others without getting carried away, making him an ideal manager of any team that needs to learn from mistakes and evolve.

Balance is the right word to describe his professional, and task-oriented interactions with others. His sincerely level headed leadership style can be quite inspirational also in a group filled with moody, irresponsible and on occasion, downright stupid individuals.

He appreciates living his life in a straightforward and simple manner – he is never rude and brash, although he dislikes social niceties for their own sake and considers them to be hindrances to real communication more often than not.

He has lots and lots of energy and tends to become quite restless if you feel confined.

He demands the freedom to do as he chooses -- he must be self- directed or he feels trapped and anxious.

Very gregarious during leisure times, he loves to socialize – his innate charm and pleasant enthusiasm livens up any gathering.

By nature, he’s very energetic and high-spirited.

He is fiercely independent and MUST be first in everything he does, and he enjoys taking risks. He is the one who will rush in where angels fear to tread.

Quite brilliant at initiating new projects, he can be terrible at following them through to completion. He is an enthusiastic leader but tends to be a reluctant follower.

Whenever he is quick to anger, he can usually recover just as fast, regretting later things he said when he was upset and doing the right thing afterwards.

One of his best traits is that he is simple and direct, blunt and honest, but he needs to be careful do not hurt others' feelings.

His need to be competitive at all costs may provoke resistance from others, but, as long as he maintains his usual Sunny good humor, this should not prove to be a major problem.

He is serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for.

An achiever, he prefers doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results.

He needs role models to respect, love and emulate. He tends to feel that he’s a failure unless he gets an important and highly respected position in life.

He knows not to be so hard on himself but can struggle when actually applying what he knows!

For him, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. He needs to remember that he too has the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when he makes an emotional commitment, he signs on for the long haul -- his love is long- enduring.

He trusts his intuitions and tends to reject ideas that are based solely on logic. Very impressionable, he is quite sensitive to the moods and emotional states of those with whom he comes into contact.

He is a friendly and outgoing individual, but close relationships are difficult for him to maintain due to his fear that they will cause him to lose his freedom.

He attracts friends and associates who are exciting, different and sometimes a bit odd. He is popular with others and enjoys working within a group toward group goals.

Careful, slow and thorough about all that he does, at times he is also willful and stubborn when others try to alter his course.

He is definitely not a quitter -- he will work long and hard to get what he wants.

His possessions are very important to him. One of his continuing problems is the tendency to regard the significant people in your life much the same way as he does his valued possessions -- he can become overly attached and much too jealous.

He represses his anger when he gets upset and the particular way he does it is not healthy. He needs to try to learn to show his anger immediately without being offensive in order to avoid painful explosions later.

The way that he grows and develops is by being an uncompromising individualist. He has a great need to be himself and to explore his latent talents and abilities. He should not be afraid to let himself go and develop self-confidence and pride in his accomplishments. But at the same time, he should try not to become so self-centered that he ignores the needs of others. Also, he may have to build up his self-discipline in order to focus his energies properly.

Basically quite conservative, he respects traditional authority figures and is very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions that govern his life.

He learns and accepts new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to him only if they can be used in some practical fashion. He is so practical and so orderly that he has natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

He, and his entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because he will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, he may find it difficult to attain his goals unless he duly adjusts his expectations on all fronts.

He’s at his most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of his immediate family circle.

He delights in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic activities, especially if he can be a part of the leadership of the group.

His quiet zeal coupled with overabundant energy brings out his real creativity when he can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around him. He has a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits.

That said, he needs to pace himself and avoid burning out. He needs to take time out between projects because he tires out easily and his effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when his energy is depleted.

Also, he doesn't need to even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level because he craves total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others cook the food and set up the chairs -- he should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it!

Razi
June 3, 2008, 08:21 AM
Simply superb writing skills Sohel Bhai...i think you should write in TigerCricket instead of Rabeed Imam...!!!

Kabir
June 3, 2008, 08:33 AM
Simply superb writing skills Sohel Bhai...i think you should write in TigerCricket instead of Rabeed Imam...!!!

Touba koren miya. BC falaiya TC te ken? Shomosha ki apnar bhai?

Kabir
June 3, 2008, 08:36 AM
So there goes my current favourite. This guy's simply superb...and I love the way that he keeps it cool for himself when he plays. His nature is more like, "I'm here to have some fun...so let me have some fun the way I want to. If I can play well and have some fun, then let me." I love this very nature that is evident from his body language.

I guess one thing that's important to realize is how strongly he voiced his need to appear for the exams. He understands the balance b/w professional life and education...and I certainly hope that he excels even more in both education and cricket.

Personally, I agree with Sohel bhai - we haven't seen everything yet. There's more to come. As long as he shows gradual improvement, I'm happy to stick with this guy for the next decade. I hope we see him around for the next decade and a half, Inshallah.

BD-Shardul
June 3, 2008, 08:51 AM

Why, do you think that Rabeed doesn't wrtie well? I think he is the best writer when it comes to BD cricket, and working closely with national team squad helps him a lot in this regard.

Tigers_eye
June 3, 2008, 10:48 AM
wow!! You out did yourself Sohel bhai. This is the best piece so far. Not because I like this boy but the words were carefully placed. Thank you.

"Honest" has been mentioned twice. I hope, if nothing else, he can hold on to that compliment all through his life. He did walk not looking at billy even when Bowden didn't give him out (against Pakistan). Whereas, Symond, didn't (indian series) and issued a statement that it was not his job to walk but the umpires job to get it right. yesterday (WI series) again Symond shaked his head vigorously on a caught behind appeal and the umpire fell for it. TV replay showed he was out. Honesty will take you all the way, the fools don't understand that.

lamisa
June 3, 2008, 11:41 AM
as usual,fattano jinish!

Dhakablues
June 4, 2008, 11:36 PM
While adming the writing,, I was hoping for something more specfic,, like Sakib has longs for totka dawai or lovesHarrold and Kumar..BTW: How are you doing this psycho-analysis Sohel?

Nocturnal
June 4, 2008, 11:48 PM
Another good read Sohel bhai :)

Why, do you think that Rabeed doesn't wrtie well? I think he is the best writer when it comes to BD cricket, and working closely with national team squad helps him a lot in this regard.

[বাংলা]আজব তো!!
যার যার পছন্দ তার তার কাছে.....না??[/বাংলা]

Antora
June 5, 2008, 03:33 AM
:great:woah! NICE :D

prantika
June 5, 2008, 08:33 AM
simply superb!!.....
u really do have a way with words!
He learns and accepts new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to him only if they can be used in some practical fashion. He is so practical and so orderly that he has natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

this are the qualities of a captain....
hope to c more from sakib!

rainmaniac
June 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
jhakkas sohel bhai!!!fatano hoise...
accha bapar ki hotat shobai atto porashona kora shoro korse..shakib er na bujhlam ekhono shomai ase dekhe exam dicche...kintu aftab r ash er ato bochor por exam dyer mane ta ki???

crikfreak
June 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
fantastic!! simply superb!! words fail me.. i LOVE it.. congrats sohel bhaiya.. its great!