PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Practice Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Bangladesh A (D/N)

Eshen
June 3, 2008, 04:38 PM
Date: 5th June, Thursday

Venue: Mirpur Stadium

Bangladesh National Team:
Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful (Capt)
Rokibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim (WK)
Alok Kapali
Mahmudullah Riyad
Farhad Reza
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain
Sajidul Islam
Arafat Sunny

Bangladesh A-team:
Zunaed Siddique (Capt)
Nazimuddin
Shamsur Rahman
Naeem Islam
Mehrab Hossain Jr
Dhiman Ghosh (WK)
Nadif Chowdhury
Suhrawardi Shuvo
Dollar Mahmud
Mosharraf Hossain
Mahbubul Alam
Rubel Hossain
Farhad Hossain

Changes from the last match - Dollar and Mehrab will join the A-team, while Kapali and Reza will join the national team.

al Furqaan
June 3, 2008, 04:45 PM
if history is to repeat itself, we should hope for another poor performance from the national bolod squad (NBS).

after conceding 205 and 265 to Bermuda and Canada respectively, BD bundled India out for 191.

whodathunkit?

akabir77
June 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
what a joke

Tigers_eye
June 3, 2008, 04:51 PM
if history is to repeat itself, we should hope for another poor performance from the national bolod squad (NBS).

after conceding 205 and 265 to Bermuda and Canada respectively, BD bundled India out for 191.

whodathunkit?
We did win those matches by the way and scored over 275 runs in the process also. Those days are long gone. Shakib 40 not out, and 134 against Canada is not with the national team. he also had a fifty against India.

Eshen
June 3, 2008, 05:00 PM
We did win those matches by the way and scored over 275 runs in the process also. Those days are long gone. Shakib 40 not out, and 134 against Canada is not with the national team.
Moreover, the A-team has a better bowling attack than minnows do, so Shahriar Nafees won't be contributing much.

Eshen
June 3, 2008, 05:14 PM
What the national team should do is to leave Ashraful out (so that he can concentrate on his exams), may be bring Nazim to open with Tamim (he can't do worse than SN), bring Rokibul at #3, have SN at #4, and keep rest of the team as it was in the last practice match.

The idea is that, on their days, Tamim and Nazim will be able to give us good starts with their dhum-darakka batting. If they fail (which will happen more often than not), we have Rokibul and SN for damage control.

cricman
June 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
I got first Dibs on the real match thread

mahbubH
June 3, 2008, 05:48 PM
Want to see a whitewash from our boys.

kalpurush
June 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
I got first Dibs on the real match thread
Might be not a free ride!!!:D;)

al Furqaan
June 3, 2008, 10:08 PM
We did win those matches by the way and scored over 275 runs in the process also. Those days are long gone. Shakib 40 not out, and 134 against Canada is not with the national team. he also had a fifty against India.

Beating canada by 20 runs isn't winning by any sense of the imagination. we *lost* that match, as well as the one against bermuda.

cricket_dorshok
June 3, 2008, 10:11 PM
Changes from the last match - Dollar and Mehrab will join the A-team, while Kapali and Reza will join the national team.
oh no, another bolod (Alok) will join the NBS (courtesy AF).
hoping for another big dholai.

al Furqaan
June 3, 2008, 10:15 PM
The idea is that, on their days, Tamim and Nazim will be able to give us good starts with their dhum-darakka batting. If they fail (which will happen more often than not), we have Rokibul and SN for damage control.

not trying to pick an argument here, but i can't help it. i apoligize in advance to you and Mijan bhai.

but if its OK to accept tamim and nazim's jodi laigga jai-ness, then why leave ashraful out to study for an academic test? is academia really ashraful's forte? do we want it to be?

point is that on a good day, ash can win us a game (provided we don't concede 390 odd or something).

btw, i wouldn't categorize tamim as a dhum darakka. not based on his play so far. he's been far more consistent than any of our other top order bats, and has done it on a variety of wickets against a variety of top 8 opposition.

of course, he could fall by the wayside like rajin, SN, and others before...but it hasn't happened yet. tamim has also shown remarkable ability to learn. if you want to knock him for throwing his wicket away now and then, everyone does that. tamim is still nowhere near his talent level, but he is far superior to the lucky kid who accidentally scored a match winning 50 in Trinidad a year and half ago.

al Furqaan
June 3, 2008, 10:21 PM
to further clarify what must be an overly annoying tone coming from me, a few questions:

1) why are we so upset that BD lost to BD-A, especially since the upset people predicted it? i for one was sure that BD would win, and yet the result isn't bothering me. reverse psychology is not working it seems...

2) lets assume that BD had crushed BD-A by 100 runs or 8 wickets, would that make a difference as to the quality of our cricket?

3) hasn't bangladesh won games out of utter desperation even with players like Javed Omar dragging the teams potential down?

4) given the reckless abandon shown by our top order in "practice matches" (read: anything other than official internationals), do they perform any less responsibly in real games?

Foozy
June 3, 2008, 10:56 PM
What the national team should do is to leave Ashraful out (so that he can concentrate on his exams), may be bring Nazim to open with Tamim (he can't do worse than SN), bring Rokibul at #3, have SN at #4, and keep rest of the team as it was in the last practice match.

I actually like that

Eshen
June 3, 2008, 11:01 PM
but if its OK to accept tamim and nazim's jodi laigga jai-ness, then why leave ashraful out to study for an academic test?
Let me clarify it further for you - the idea is to have two openers who on their days can take advantage of powerplays, but eliminate unstable players from the middle order so that the team won't face batting collapse so often when the openers fail. Now we have tried Ash as an opener before, but he is a failure even as an one-down batsman, it's hard to accommodate him anywhere if we want stability in the batting order. SN is a continuous failure in ODIs against elite teams, he should ether move down the order or be left out of the team. Nazim may turn out to be another failure. Technically he is inferior to Ash, but he does have the reflex required for an opener, atleast for subcontinental tracks. In any case, it may be worth to give Ashraful a break and try out other options.

Sorry that you have not realized I was joking when I said Ashraful should be exclude because of his exams.

nobody
June 4, 2008, 12:25 AM
I am actually thanking Allah that Bolodkul siromony aka Ash-the fool became a cricketer. The other day, in prothom Alo he utter that if he did not became a cricket, he would like to become a Pilot. You know what would happen to the plane if the fool is running the plane.

BANFAN
June 4, 2008, 05:58 AM
You misunderstood him probably, By pilot did he mean aircraft or the 3 wheelers?

BD-Shardul
June 4, 2008, 06:31 AM
Tell BD players that selectors will make some changes in the national squad (like Mohammedan) if they fail to perform again.

sadi
June 4, 2008, 08:15 AM
There is no point discussing the team and batting lineup. Nothing will change. Those bolods will keep disappointing us. But if you ask me, I do like the idea of Rakibul coming at number 3 and Shahriar Nafees following him up at number 4.

Gowza
June 4, 2008, 08:21 AM
i like raqibul at 3, my concern is whether he can handle the new ball if he comes to the crease early in the innings. but he's certainly a player who prefers to build an innings.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 08:27 AM
Asaad, I love you more than you know.
Beating canada by 20 runs isn't winning by any sense of the imagination. we *lost* that match, as well as the one against bermuda.
At least the scorecard wasn't like this..
http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/WORLD_CUPS/WC2003/SCORECARDS/POOL-B/BDESH_CAN_WC2003_ODI5_11FEB2003.html
Trying to chase down a measly 180 we faulter at 120 and 22 overs remaining. Pathetic. That is called a loss with pants down. Nangta koirey chairey disey. A test nation gets as$ whipping by an associate team.

One against bermuda we beat them by 8 wickets 12+ overs were remaining. We chased down 205. How can that be considered as a loss? :waiting:

AsifTheManRahman
June 4, 2008, 08:28 AM
i like raqibul at 3, my concern is whether he can handle the new ball if he comes to the crease early in the innings. but he's certainly a player who prefers to build an innings.
Exactly what we need, a grafter and not a khali kolshi at #3, be it Raqibul or Mushfiq. All the talk about PP advantage is nonsense.

sadi
June 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
Mushfiq should also play up the order. Number 5 can be a perfect spot for him where he will get enough overs to build an innings and at the same time, won't be exposed to the new ball much.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 08:35 AM
Mushfiq should also play up the order. Number 5 can be a perfect spot for him where he will get enough overs to build an innings and at the same time, won't be exposed to the new ball much.
hahaha!! #5'a namaiye new ball'er chinta kortey hoi amader. That is our state of affairs. Pathetic. prothom char'tarey kaney dhoira accha moto...

Ishtylish cricketer
June 4, 2008, 08:59 AM
hahaha!! #5'a namaiye new ball'er chinta kortey hoi amader. That is our state of affairs. Pathetic. prothom char'tarey kaney dhoira accha moto...

Hey, in the 07 world cup against England Mortaza was batting in the powerplays. Nothing is too shocking with Bd's batting.

sadi
June 4, 2008, 10:03 AM
Lets stick to the basics for a while. Forget about powerplays. Lets start over again. Lets play 50 overs. It's been a while since we have played out our overs consistently. Sad but true.

akabir77
June 4, 2008, 10:53 AM
when will the game start?

KnightBD
June 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
If Rakib and Alok can stay in the crease for some time, they will eat up 200 balls and score less than 100 together. That should be enough for Nat team to lose.

go "THE A TEAM" go :D

Rabz
June 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
Go the A boys.
you can do it again.

al Furqaan
June 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
One against bermuda we beat them by 8 wickets 12+ overs were remaining. We chased down 205. How can that be considered as a loss?

you're right with our bolod batsmen, beating bermuda by 8 wickets is quite an achievement. however, how the hell did we concede 200+??? our bowling is the strong suit. its a tied match then, a no result, or a draw.

al Furqaan
June 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
Exactly what we need, a grafter and not a khali kolshi at #3, be it Raqibul or Mushfiq. All the talk about PP advantage is nonsense.

true, but i hope raqib doesn't turn out to be a JO - is always in "build the innings" mode. fortunately, though he might not be a slogger, i have a feeling if he bats in the slog overs he can keep the score ticking with 1s, 2s, and 3s.

Nocturnal
June 4, 2008, 12:00 PM
when will the game start?

BD time 5th June 2pm.

hoping for another A team victory :flag:

BANFAN
June 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
The game must be over by now. What's the result? Anyone knows?

Eshen
June 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
From http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=39751
Ashraful has voiced concern over his fitness after he had to consult a doctor over his groin problem. It was learned that he had trouble running but hopefully he will play the second warm-up game.

AsifTheManRahman
June 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
If the selectors aren't doing the right thing, looks like God is forcing them to. As always, the injury is most unfortunate, however, the absence in the team is not.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
Go the A boys.
you can do it again.
What type of comment is this from a seasoned vet like you?

Need to say like this:
Anything less than a white wash would be under achieving.

al Furqaan
June 4, 2008, 01:08 PM
The game must be over by now. What's the result? Anyone knows?

check back in 24 hours.

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
he had to consult a doctor over his groin problem

Khaisey.... what kind of groin problem he is having?

What he have done wrong? Last time we saw him, he was having hard time giving his SSC exam.... or was it HSC?

But how can it be HSC? I thought he didn't passed SSC yet.

mahbubH
June 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cap Ash is just trying to avoid another loss by talking of the injury.

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think he injured his groin by trying to hit the wrong ball for chokka in the first warm up match.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
Khaisey... Last time we saw him, he was having hard time giving his SSC exam.... or was it HSC?

But how can it be HSC? I thought he didn't passed SSC yet.
true story!!
After admission in BUET, we had to wait over two years (session jot) before the classes began. As a safety net after HSC results I had also applied and got admitted in City College for BSC (two year program). With uncertain future in BUET, and my dad's gutani, I went to see the principal of City College after one+ year. I had not attended any class didn't pay any fees all this time, and my class mates had already gone in to second year and was preparing themselves for the BSC finals. I said to the principal that I want sit for BSC exam. He looked at me like "this was moger mulluck". Anyways, long story short, I was asked to pay all back payments and with out attending 1st year classes or examinations I was allowed to continue in the second year as a city student and sit for BSC exam, lol. I flew to US few months later.

In BD many things are possible. A star like Ash have much better strings to pull to get what he/she wants. SSC result kono bapar na. (This is just an assumption. Don't hold me accountable to it)

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 01:54 PM
TE,

So you were BUET a Student. Then what you are doing with Auditing and Accounting now a days?

Tried the same trick in BUET also?

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
TE,

So you were BUET a Student. Then what you are doing with Auditing and Accounting now a days?

Tried the same trick in BUET also?
Went to BUET for one month, knowing I wouldn't be studing there either. The Chics were the main attraction. Studied IT worked for 5 years, then made a career change after y2k. Last 7+ years enjoying my work.

Fazal
June 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
You waste your one month wrong place mate.

There is no chicks in BUET..... what they have is nerds.

Thats why the students of BUET ususally hang arounds TSC and that Moidan infront of TSC.... some seen hanging around Rokeya Hall incase 'jodi kisu miley'.

Murad
June 4, 2008, 02:03 PM
In the reports, ASh said he has passed the SSC exam in 1999.

He got the call for National team in 2001 and he had to miss the HSC exam back then. After that, he didn't get any chance to take it again. SO he's taking it now.

akabir77
June 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
About ssc and Hsc. One of my cousin becaome first in SSC. he was from cadet college. anyway in HSC day before the result he got a call from the board and the guy at the other end demanded some money saying he is first but the 2nd place guy will pay this much to make him 1st but they wanted to keep the record as is if he would pay him/them more... lol my cousin's father didn't pay (even though they were wealthy enough to pay him off) and wala next day during result he became second. and when the tv people came for interview he told them the truth and during the news they just showed some picture but no voice... the reporter just made up some comment which he read during his clips... lol

Kabir
June 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
Ashraful has voiced concern over his fitness after he had to consult a doctor over his groin problem. It was learned that he had trouble running but hopefully he will play the second warm-up game.

Nachte na janle uthan baka...douraite na parle groin e betha.

Shala chamar kothakar.

akabir77
June 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
this(groin injury) is an old trick by sub continent player when u r not scoring enough and might get dropped they fake a injury and take a series off and try to be in form next series...

SS
June 4, 2008, 02:17 PM

Thats why the students of BUET ususally hang arounds TSC and that Moidan infront of TSC.... some seen hanging around Rokeya Hall incase 'jodi kisu miley'.

BUET ---> nerd chicks but TSC --->chicks
now I know the reason behind Ash's poor performance as he did not go in any of those isntitutions that's why he is getting frustrated....
He thought Cricket ---> chicks (thinking of celeb neighboring players)
As it didn't also work for him (Monalisa broke his heart)
he needs to find something else now
T_E Bhai apne jehetu expert please have some advice for poor Ash

Kabir
June 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
Amar dharona chilo Mijan bhai besh bhodro ekta manush. Ekhon dekhtesi uni ekta asto lady killer.

Come to think of it - chalay jan bhaijan. But shikar paile amgo kothao ektu shoron e raikhen :D

AsifTheManRahman
June 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
Chicks in engineering? There's a reason why they have business/other schools in every city that they have an engineering school in. Helps keep the reproduction rate going.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 03:33 PM

I don't know about where all the chics hang now but back in the days Architechture was the place. Sauron (fellow Buet) koi? Vouch for me please. TSC had too many potka to our likings. Ershad just fell.

SS
June 4, 2008, 04:02 PM
We all all having good "fileding" leasons and pratices....next will be with "ball and bat"

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
Predicting the scorecard:
If BD bats first and Ash plays then BD would be bundled out by 156. A team crosses that with 5 outs. Mash can't save face.

If A team bats first they score 212. They win by 40 runs. BD struggles to chase.

Ajfar
June 4, 2008, 09:26 PM
kono khobor nai ekhono?? BC reporter..offstump bhai koi???

Foozy
June 4, 2008, 11:16 PM
So when does this match start again? I thought it would have ended by now...

Nocturnal
June 4, 2008, 11:21 PM
kono khobor nai ekhono?? BC reporter..offstump bhai koi???

[বাংলা]ম্যাচ শুরু হইতে এখনও ঘন্টা চারেক বাকি আছে.....
আবহাওয়া সংবাদ - গতকাল রাতে ঢাকায় অনেক বৃষ্টি হইছে। আকাশ বেশ মেঘলা এখন- কুত্তা-বিলাই বৃষ্টি নামার সম্ভাবনা প্রচুর[/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
June 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
[বাংলা]ঢাকাবাসী কেউ আজকের এই আজাইরা খেলা দেখতে যেতে চাইলে একটু আওয়াজ দেন - PM me. একটা পার্টনার পাইলে 'এ টিমের' খেলা দেখার ইচ্ছা আছে!! খেলা মনে হ্য় দুপুর আড়াইটার দিকে শুরু হবে। এত পঁচা খেলা দেখতে বাসা-বন্ধুদের কাউকেই রাজি করাতে পারছি না। [/বাংলা] :saint:

Niceman70
June 5, 2008, 12:04 AM
[বাংলা]ঢাকাবাসী কেউ আজকের এই আজাইরা খেলা দেখতে যেতে চাইলে একটু আওয়াজ দেন - PM me. একটা পার্টনার পাইলে 'এ টিমের' খেলা দেখার ইচ্ছা আছে!! খেলা মনে হ্য় দুপুর আড়াইটার দিকে শুরু হবে। এত পঁচা খেলা দেখতে বাসা-বন্ধুদের কাউকেই রাজি করাতে পারছি না। [/বাংলা] :saint:

poor guy..

BD-Shardul
June 5, 2008, 12:11 AM

If I were in Bangladesh, I would have agreed to your proposal gladly.

Nocturnal
June 5, 2008, 12:13 AM
poor guy..

[বাংলা] এতদিন পরে বুঝলেন ভাইজান!! আপনেতো দেখি পুরাই টিউব লাইট[/বাংলা] :-D

Nocturnal
June 5, 2008, 12:15 AM
If I were in Bangladesh, I would have agreed to your proposal gladly.

i wish you are in BD now :big_hug:

BANFAN
June 5, 2008, 05:38 AM
Kono Shoredoy baekti ki bolben ki hochche 2nd match e? :)

If A team wins again, we have a serious concern in the tri series.

thebest
June 5, 2008, 08:29 AM
if I read it before, I would gladly accompany you. surely it should been better than hearing ma'r penpennai all the evening

nsd3
June 5, 2008, 08:42 AM
It's about 6:30 pm in BD. Can any1 any1 pls update on the score? Thanks a lot.

Nocturnal
June 5, 2008, 09:28 AM
[বাংলা]আগেই বলে রাখছি কোন আপডেট স্কোর আমি জানি না যদিও কাকতালিয় ভাবে এক বন্ধুর সাথে আমি সেই মিরপুরেই গিয়েছিলাম অন্য আরেকটা কাজে -এবং ফেরার পথে আমার চাপাচাপিতে মাত্র তিন ওভার খেলা দেখেছি আমরা দুইজন- এ টিম ব্যাট করছিল- নাজিম অল্প রানেই মনে হয় আউট (মনে হয় বলার কারন অনেক দূরে মাঠের এক কোনায় রাখা ছোট অর্থহীন স্কোর বোর্ড যেটা কেউ আপডেট করছিল না এবং করলেও কোন লাভ হতো না - কারন দূরবীণ ছাড়া বোঝার কোন উপায় নাই) - জুনায়েদ আর মেহরাব জুনিয়র ব্যাট করছিল তখন- বল করছিল রেজা এবং রাজ্জাক। আশরাফুলের পেট ব্যাথা মনে হয় কম আজকে- মাঠেই ছিল। জুনায়েদ রেজার বলে লফটেড একটা চার মারার পরপরই সিডন্স মাঠে ঢুকে কাপ্তানকে কিছু এলটা বলল আর তারপরই দেখি একটা সিলি মিড অফ জুনায়েদের জন্য- ওভার শেষ হতেই গরমে কাহিল বন্ধুর জন্য কিছু জানার আগেই চলে আসতে হল!! প্রচুর দর্শক হয়েছে- তবে সবাই কিভাবে স্কোর না জেনেই খেলা দেখছে তা আমার বোধগম্য হয় নাই। মিরপুর স্টেডিয়ামটা আসলেই অনেক সুন্দর- চমৎকার আউটফিল্ড।[/বাংলা] :)

ialbd
June 5, 2008, 09:34 AM
thanks for the update nocturnal bhai.....

(hope u r enjoying dhaka)

mahbubH
June 5, 2008, 09:49 AM
thanks for the update nocturnal bhai.....

(hope u r enjoying dhaka)
what is the update? Cannot see bangla font? Please post in english.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 09:52 AM
[বাংলা]... প্রচুর দর্শক হয়েছে- ...[/বাংলা] :)
P,
What is the approximate head count? 10 - 2 (you two) = 8?

Need to take a hard look at your old friend circle. Stadium'a duikey only three over'a appetitite shesh? Naki gorom shojjho kortey parey na?

Looks like JS is captaining our team. Good!! We know who to blame. :)

JS,
showing video analysis on opponent players on how to set the field and where the bowlers would bowl be helpful to ash.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 09:54 AM
what is the update? Cannot see bangla font? Please post in english.
high time to install font. Follow Nafis's signature. Do it now you will be glad you did.

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
[বাংলা]দুরদান্ত বর্ণনা দিয়েচেন[/বাংলা] Nocturnal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1593)<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --><!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> [বাংলা]ভাই[/বাংলা] <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_693196", true); </script>

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
no more updates? some one please sms TC they provide updates...

write cric and sms to 5676

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
A score 176 all out/46 over shahadat took 5 for 27 Mehrab Jr. scored 66 mahmudullah took 35/2. MM got no wicket now NTL 67/2 in 19. Ash and Raqib in the crease. Both op out

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:08 AM
reporter said siddion looked angry during the match. walked in to the match to give direction to ash and mm couple of times and...

Razi
June 5, 2008, 10:13 AM
no more updates? some one please sms TC they provide updates...

write cric and sms to 5676

Bhai apnar kothai amar 2 taka noshto holo...sms korlam ar reply sms e ki pelam janen? The scores of the last matches of DPL...this is Bangladesh u can't expect everything to be updated fast...!!!

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:16 AM
http://bangladesherkhela.info/adminpanel/pictures/1212674753.jpg

Look at angree siddons in the back

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:17 AM
http://bangladesherkhela.info/adminpanel/pictures/1212674860.jpg
Khali kan dhorey utano baki...

mahbubH
June 5, 2008, 10:17 AM
what is the update? Cannot see bangla font? Please post in english. Is it possible to install Bangla font in Lunux? Don't see any info there.

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:18 AM
Bhai apnar kothai amar 2 taka noshto holo...sms korlam ar reply sms e ki pelam janen? The scores of the last matches of DPL...this is Bangladesh u can't expect everything to be updated fast...!!!
sorry bhai i had a feeling but can do sms from my phone... ok I owe you 2 taka=? dollar?

Razi
June 5, 2008, 10:22 AM

From where are u getting all those photos and the match updates???

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 10:28 AM
sorry bhai i had a feeling but can do sms from my phone... ok I owe you 2 taka=? dollar?
3 bronze colored pennies!!

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:32 AM
hi hi from the field of course...

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:33 AM
My secret source:
www.bangladesherkhela.info

lol

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 10:36 AM
3 bronze colored pennies!!

so aita T_E bangla korley ki hobey janen to?

[বাংলা]৩টা তামার ব... ?[/বাংলা]:-p

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 10:44 AM

Siddons: "Amon vul abar korle math thika bair koira dimu"
Ash: "Amar ki dosh, just aktu bad luck. Oi bodmaishta amar catch ta chaira delie parto"
Mash: "Aibarer moto ore maf koira den, sir. halar pet kharap"
Mushi: "Ami kisu dekhtachina koilam"

lamisa
June 5, 2008, 10:46 AM
From where are u getting all those photos and the match updates???

uffffff,joss jinish shala!!!i m soooooooo happy,i always liked siddons.:lol:

mafizraju
June 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
I don't know about where all the chics hang now but back in the days Architechture was the place. Sauron (fellow Buet) koi? Vouch for me please. TSC had too many potka to our likings. Ershad just fell.

Archi has always been the plays, including their plinth. Thats like oasis. good old days!! lol!!

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
... shahadat took 5 for 27 ...
Good to see Rajib in form. Can he show similar performance in real matches? We will need some on this to make a chance for a win.

Rommel
June 5, 2008, 11:19 AM
Score?

Eshen
June 5, 2008, 11:39 AM
Mirpur gets ready

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=39842

While Mehrab Hossain batted fluently, the rest of the Bangladesh A batsmen floundered spectacularly in the second practice game between the national side and the second string at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

Bangladesh A were only good enough to post 175 in 46 overs and when the news was last filed, Bangladesh were 94 for two at the end of 27 overs with captain Mohammad Ashraful and Rokibul Hasan at the crease after both openers Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees fell early.

But even for a practice match, the atmosphere around the ground was much relaxed than usual, maybe because of the nearness of the tri-series, now known as the Kitply Cup. While most of the squad took part in the warm-up game, a few were in the indoor facilities while coach Jamie Siddons made his way to the middle during the match to have small discussions on field placings with captain Mohammad Ashraful and his deputy Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. The fast men, led by Mashrafe, bowled in short spells throughout the innings and it seemed that Shahadat Hossain has not lost his rhythm as he knifed through the batting line-up with his pace and aggression. He finished the game with figures of five for 27.

While Shahadat blossomed, it was quite different for left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak who struggled with his length, evident enough of his three-week stint during which he played only a single match while his colleagues slugged it out in the Premier League last month. Razzak had a hard time bowling to the left-handers particularly but it seemed that A team captain for the day Zunaed Siddiqui (37 off 63 balls) matched his struggle. The discarded left-hander found it very hard to pierce the gaps while playing the spinners, especially off the back-foot. So when he offered a simple catch at short mid-wicket to the highly underrated leg-spin of Alok Kapali, it was no surprise.

But at the other end, Mehrab made sure he remains in the reckoning of selection in the tri-series. The left-hander batted with a lot of ease, stroking the ball straight and through the covers. Mehrab stroked to 66 off 112 balls that included just four boundaries and a six over long-on.

Right-hander Nayeem Islam (19 off 26 balls) also showed composure for a while but failed to produce the goods on the day, as he skied off-spinner Mahmudullah Riyad while trying to slog-sweep him over mid-wicket where Tamim Iqbal pouched it. Nadif Chowdhury (12), Dhiman Ghosh (2) and Suharwardi Shuvo (14) followed Nayeem in quick succession before Mehrab's stint at the crease was ended from a Shahadat in-ducker that smashed into his stumps. Surprisingly, the A team's management decided to send batsman Farhad Hossain at number nine. Predictably, the right-hander made little difference from that position as he meekly surrendered for five. Apart from Shahadat's five-for, Riyad took two wickets while Mashrafe, Abdur Razzak and Kapali took one each.

But the match seemed to be tedium compared to the work that went on outside. Workers put in the final touches in the galleries and the massive task of setting up wooden seating was in progress in the gallery. The clubhouse area will also get a facelift while the stylish corporate boxes are ready for the spectators. Almost every area of the stadium was accessible but security officers were on overdrive to make sure no stone is unturned in and around the home of cricket.

But all this could be rendered worthless if the Tigers again fail to deliver the goods in their home conditions.

al Furqaan
June 5, 2008, 11:52 AM
so i guess ash is settling down...thats a poor RR, but with only 177 to chase with 8 wickets in hand, i don't mind.

raqibul seems to be a solid builder...

crikfreak
June 5, 2008, 11:53 AM
wow i've missed a lot here.. curse my exams.. anyways wats the final score?? its good to see rajib doing well.. but what happened to razzzak?? he's still struggling.. hmm.. hope it doesn't continue into the tri-series

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 11:54 AM
a good move to promote Rakib to # 3. Also Mushi need to be promted to #5, assuming Ash is in #4. Mehrab seems to be a good replacement for Sakib, who might fill in the big shoes quite nicely.

meazz1
June 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
I would like to know what others have to say today about Dhaiman's performance! He was out for 2.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 11:59 AM
1. How can one expect a 230+ when they can't cross 200?

2. Mehrab Jr. = Javed 3.0 + SLA?? no?? Or SNS pitch is just slow?

Nocturnal
June 5, 2008, 12:03 PM
[বাংলা]ইশতিয়াক - ধন্যবাদ। ঢাকাতে বন্ধুরা সবাই দেখি হেভী ব্যস্ত মোবাইল ফোন আর শেয়ার মার্কেট নিয়ে (চাকরি আর বউদের পাশাপাশি), ফ্যামিলির সাথেই বেশি সময় কাটাচ্ছি- সময় ভালই যাচ্ছে। মিজান ভাই একটা গোপন মন্ত্র বলে দিয়েছেন- দেশে যাওয়ার আগে ঐটা শিখে যেও.....হাহা

এ'কবির ভাই- ধন্যবাদ আপনার মন্ত্যবের জন্য। আপনার আপলোড করা ছবিটার সময়ই মনে হ্য় আমি ছিলাম- জুনায়েদ বলটা মারার সাথে সাথেই দেখি সিডন্স এক দৌড়ে মাঠে ঢুকে ফুল'কে কি জানি বলল্‌- দারুন চেতছিল আরকি!!

মিজান ভাই- ১৩ বছর পর অতি সম্প্রতি দেশে পাকাপাকি ভাবে ফেরত আমার বাংলাদেশি-আমেরিকান বন্ধুর গরমটা সহ্য হচ্ছিল না একদমই তাই.... বলে রাখা ভাল তার আগেই আমরা দুই বন্ধুতে হেভী একটা 'ফৌজি খানা' দিয়ে এসেছিলাম আমাদের এক কাপ্তান বন্ধুর রুম থেকে......mist গিয়েছিলাম এক ফৌজি বন্ধুর সাথে সাক্ষাৎ করতে!! [/বাংলা] :)

fais
June 5, 2008, 12:10 PM
what was mehrab's score in the 1st practice match

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 12:15 PM

31 off 36/38 balls

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
31 for the losing team. (Ntl team)
Today it would 66 for the losing team. (A team)

Rabz
June 5, 2008, 12:17 PM
What type of comment is this from a seasoned vet like you?

Need to say like this:
Anything less than a white wash would be under achieving.

Are bhai,
thats the best i could do under the circumstances.
Given the current forms of our cricketers, im finding it hard to put some good words together for them.

efforts better be wasted somewhere more productive.

cricman
June 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
You can blame the A teams Struggle on Mehrab JR to slow to play ODI's, it was evident in the ODI's vs Scotland in 2006

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 12:33 PM
You can blame the A teams Struggle on Mehrab JR to slow to play ODI's, it was evident in the ODI's vs Scotland in 2006

I don't get this mentality of our fans. The teams highest scorer is to blame for not scoring much? what were the other 10 guys doing then. he was juts holding one end.

Khubi mamuli kind of comment from a BC STAFF!!!

Rommel
June 5, 2008, 12:45 PM
So whats the final score?

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
So whats the final score?
any update at least?

Razi
June 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
Bangladesh National Team won by 8 wickets...!!!

Score: Ban A - 176 all out (Mehrab 66, Junaed 37; Shahadat 5/27, Riad 2/35) Ban NT - 177/2 (Raquibul 71*, Ashraful 67*, Tamim 2)

mahbubH
June 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks Razi. The A Team missed the chance of white wash. There should be another match.

Fazal
June 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
Atlast Ash scored some runs. Looks like groin injury is doing magic for him. I hope the magic touch of his groin injury continues for the rest of the series and may be beyond the series.

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
well done nat team! this should be the spot for Raquibul. good to see Ash got some sense back.

Rommel
June 5, 2008, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know how many overs it took for the National team to chase the target?

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Razi. The A Team missed the chance of white wash. There should be another match.
They would have easily won the second one had they kept the same players. Siddons if very "chalak". He dumped Mehrab Jr. in the A team. when it takes 35 overs to cross 127 not much can be expected from the remaining 15 overs.

Anyways, Ash needs to show this application against Pakistan. Otherwise all this hardwork returns nothing. Great to see Raqibul scoring back to back 50s. Tamim'er abar ki hoilo?

cricman
June 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't get this mentality of our fans. The teams highest scorer is to blame for not scoring much? what were the other 10 guys doing then. he was juts holding one end.

Khubi mamuli kind of comment from a BC STAFF!!!

66 off a Q$W#%$^&* 112 Balls!

Thats scoring 66 off 22 Overs!

The rest of the Team scored 115 in 24 overs

makorsha
June 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
Are bhai,
thats the best i could do under the circumstances.
Given the current forms of our cricketers, im finding it hard to put some good words together for them.

efforts better be wasted somewhere more productive.

i am hopefull now for the BD team..our crazy fan's expections are all time low...
no pressure...
expectetions thaka ta bhalo kintu..without proper cricketing structures etota aha kora thik hobey na..
I thought this caretaker govenmnet would fix the domestic structure ,,but I guess we have to wait for the awami and bnp to fix it...sigh:timeout:

BANFAN
June 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
How much Ash has made? is he back in form?

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 01:27 PM
How much Ash has made? is he back in form?
67 not out. form is temporary. class is permanent.

KnightBD
June 5, 2008, 01:31 PM

how come 112 balls become 22 overs???? shouldn't it be less than 19 overs? or is it a new type of math ?

al Furqaan
June 5, 2008, 01:38 PM
Tamim'er abar ki hoilo?

tamim doesn't score agaisnt weak teams. except when he'll hit the first ODI double century against UAE later this month :)

al Furqaan
June 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
both teams winning comfortably chasing...hmmm, perhaps this is win toss and field wicket.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
how come 112 balls become 22 overs???? shouldn't it be less than 19 overs? or is it a new type of math ?
Alrighty then.
66 of not so Q$W#%$^&* 112 balls.

Thats scoring of 66 in 19 overs.

The rest of the team scored 115 runs in 26 overs.

++++
Those who wants a win (still) very bad performance. Those who want respectable total - that score is a asha'r bani.

cricman
June 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

:sorry:

thats still unacceptable

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

And still couldn't bat 50 overs. Please think before you make silly complains... If they had batted 50 overs with 2/3 wicket left i could have understand your point. but when a team bowled out with in 50 overs what's the diff how many balls played by whom?

Again he was holding one end up which is fine but why couldn't the other end score faster or survive?

I am not saying Jr. played well or something. but he should be in the bottom of the complaining list not the 1st one...

Fazal
June 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
both teams winning comfortably chasing...hmmm, perhaps this is win toss and field wicket.

What it tells is "In a typical field, anything below 250 will not create any pressure at all to the opponent and therefore not a defendable score".
Therefore those "230 target score" statement from Siddon/Ash is very troubling to me. Its very unfair to our bowlers who ususally does pretty decent job. These 230 target score will take us no where against as decent team like India/Pakistan.

al Furqaan
June 5, 2008, 01:51 PM
What it tells is "In a typical field, anything below 250 will not create any pressure at all to the opponent and therefore not a defendable score".
Therefore those "230 target score" statement from Siddon/Ash is very troubling to me. Its very unfair to our bowlers who ususally does pretty decent job. These 230 target score will take us no where against as decent team like India/Pakistan.

thats true, which is why we have to bank on bowling first, and restricting them to a lower score.

india in particular are expert chasers. i am not so convinced the current pak side is quality however, we royally screwed up as always during the 5-0 whitewash.

that said, we cannot depend on the toss. we have to put a solid score on of around 275...even 250 is pedestrian these days.

akabir77
June 5, 2008, 01:51 PM
we need more grafter in BD team as they can't even bat out 50 overs anymore. without sakib this will become a big problem trust me. BD will be down 4/5 wkt before power play is over. then who is going to bat the rest of the time? Like T_E said some people r thinking about winning. If you are one of them then please go back and look at our last 15 ODIs.

We need players (2/3) in the team to make sure we bat 50 overs. In the mean time if one of the lottery players clicks then we will win. but we cannot depend on lottery players.

BTW Ash played up his quota for this series. so i don't expect him to score more than 30 in this series.

al Furqaan
June 5, 2008, 01:52 PM

thats still unacceptable

better than 10 from 7 and reverse sweeping to the keeper. mehrab and raqib are consolidators.

there is a key difference between them and JO or rajin. JO rajin will score 15 from 40 and get out. thereby neither scoring nor stemming a collapse. but raqib and mehrab can at least stop the bleeding.

Fazal
June 5, 2008, 01:55 PM
thats true, which is why we have to bank on bowling first, and restricting them to a lower score.

Yes. The only hope we have is bowling first and hoping for miracle with the ball.

Now a days looks like we cannot chase anything above 200. Nor are we capable of scoring a competative score like 270+.

Fazal
June 5, 2008, 01:57 PM

thats still unacceptable

yes I agree these kinds of mathmetical error is unacceptable from you.

cricman
June 5, 2008, 02:02 PM
yes I agree these kinds of mathmetical error is unacceptable from you.

I concur

better than 10 from 7 and reverse sweeping to the keeper. mehrab and raqib are consolidators.

there is a key difference between them and JO or rajin. JO rajin will score 15 from 40 and get out. thereby neither scoring nor stemming a collapse. but raqib and mehrab can at least stop the bleeding.

It's understandable if your 10/2, Mehrab Jr did it when were 0/0 before and not scoring for long periods if time = Foundation of a collapse. It adds to the rest scoring at a faster rate at which there not capable of scoring, which may explain the quick succession of wickets when Z and Mehrab are struggling or being pac man Block block block

While Shahadat blossomed, it was quite different for left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak who struggled with his length, evident enough of his three-week stint during which he played only a single match while his colleagues slugged it out in the Premier League last month. Razzak had a hard time bowling to the left-handers particularly but it seemed that A team captain for the day Zunaed Siddiqui (37 off 63 balls) matched his struggle. The discarded left-hander found it very hard to pierce the gaps while playing the spinners, especially off the back-foot. So when he offered a simple catch at short mid-wicket to the highly underrated leg-spin of Alok Kapali, it was no surprise.

But at the other end, Mehrab made sure he remains in the reckoning of selection in the tri-series. The left-hander batted with a lot of ease, stroking the ball straight and through the covers. Mehrab stroked to 66 off 112 balls that included just four boundaries and a six over long-on.

Right-hander Nayeem Islam (19 off 26 balls) also showed composure for a while but failed to produce the goods on the day, as he skied off-spinner Mahmudullah Riyad while trying to slog-sweep him over mid-wicket where Tamim Iqbal pouched it. Nadif Chowdhury (12), Dhiman Ghosh (2) and Suharwardi Shuvo (14) followed Nayeem in quick succession before Mehrab's stint at the crease was ended from a Shahadat in-ducker that smashed into his stumps. Surprisingly, the A team's management decided to send batsman Farhad Hossain at number nine. Predictably, the right-hander made little difference from that position as he meekly surrendered for five. Apart from Shahadat's five-for, Riyad took two wickets while Mashrafe, Abdur Razzak and Kapali took one each.

Ajfar
June 5, 2008, 02:11 PM
practice match jita ki eid hisabe count hoi nake???

Fazal
June 5, 2008, 02:18 PM
I think its called chadni raat. Eid is about to come.

Eshen
June 5, 2008, 02:47 PM
I think its called chadni raat. Eid is about to come.
Fazal a believer ?! Or has kalpurush hacked into Fazal's account and posted this comment ?

Orpheus
June 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
Fazal a believer ?! Or has kalpurush hacked into Fazal's account and posted this comment ?

haha.. fazal also believes in Eid.. I thought he was a nastic... Eid shobai bhalobashe.. If fazal bhai says it, it only means one thing... Eid will come! :p

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2008, 03:18 PM
he is having a duel personality problem. Razab mia ie rog choraisey.

Eshen
June 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
During the early part of his innings, Ashraful was dropped twice by Nadif and Mosharraf.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAyMDAz&mid=OA==

Anyway, looks like Ash is settling down in #3 slot while Rokibul is taking over #4.

BD-Shardul
June 5, 2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by al Furqan
tamim doesn't score agaisnt weak teams. except when he'll hit the first ODI double century against UAE later this month

Tamim? May be SN, our greatest minnow basher

Originally Psoted by Tigers_eye

The universal truth :-D

Can anyone please tell me who first discovered this truth here in BC? :-D

AsifTheManRahman
June 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
Eid's over, now drop him.

Eshen
June 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hopefully Ashraful will keep pissing off Siddons and we will see a new captain after the Asia Cup.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/images/uploaded_images/31154_cricket.jpg

I am not an Ashraful hater, but he is definitely not captaincy material. Both the team and Ashraful will remain miserable as long he stays as the captain.

BANFAN
June 5, 2008, 11:46 PM

Truely So .

Expecting him to fire in the tri series. Hope he will insha-Allah

thebest
June 6, 2008, 03:18 AM
Unfortunately in Ash's case time is counted in geological years if you believe he has a class. To me he is just a fluke or statistical term his eids are outliers .

scoilaheez
June 6, 2008, 04:53 AM
Unfortunately in Ash's case time is counted in geological years if you believe he has a class. To me he is just a fluke or statistical term his eids are outliers .

I still keep hope... and when ash starts to turn it on again, i will hold my head high and say i believed in him :-D. he is one of our only batsmen capacle of scoring 100 off 100 balls. Think about the numerous hundreds/quality scores that he has given us. Why would we drop him when he still averages near the best in our team.

Ehsan
June 6, 2008, 07:16 AM
I still keep hope... and when ash starts to turn it on again, i will hold my head high and say i believed in him :-D. he is one of our only batsmen capacle of scoring 100 off 100 balls. Think about the numerous hundreds/quality scores that he has given us. Why would we drop him when he still averages near the best in our team.

Allow me to reinforce what thebest tried to say, no doubt can score 100 off 100 balls BUT he reaches it after batting 500 times. :)

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2008, 07:45 AM
... Why would we drop him when he still averages near the best in our team.
The Best: is referred to top three, streaching it to top five when only 11 plays.

When Akram Khan, Aminul Islam, Atahar Ali khan the old has beens average more than Ashraful, Heck when players like JO, Rajin Saleh, Mehrab Hossain (Sr.) averages more he can not be among the best.

In current team he is not even in the top five.
Mahmudullah - 43.60
Shahriar Nafees - 34.69
Shakib Al Hasan - 33.48
Tamim Iqbal - 27.50
Aftab Ahmed - 25.32

With 116 matches under his belt, with being the captain, is an average of 22.38 justifies to hold a top order position? Just so that someone don't bring in "early year nadan baccha" arguement his 2008 average in ODIs are 22.20 (11 games).

Misconception: Ash's Average is not among the best of the team.

KnightBD
June 6, 2008, 09:34 AM
Does anybody has the full scorecard of yesterday's match?

Fazal
June 6, 2008, 11:01 AM
After playing close to 120 ODI and still an average of 22.

And he is our best performer? Or you meant he is our best Bolod?

SS
June 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
After playing close to 120 ODI and still an average of 22.

And he is our best performer? Or you meant he is our best Bolod?

His average is based on his age and he likes it to keep it in balance till he plays for BD team not by number of matches he plays. It's the Ashrafool's way.
He invents shot...He creats avg rules...what next he will create...history of being how to become best batsmen with the avg of 22

Fazal
June 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
His average is based on his age and he likes it to keep it in balance till he plays for BD team not by number of matches he plays. It's the Ashrafool's way.

But in this comming July 7, his officical age will be 24 years old.

Does that mean in this series he will score enough runs to (i.e. 230+ runs in two innings or 260 runs in three innings to make the average 24).

That means atleast two Eids are comming in this series then.

BANFAN
June 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
Despite all stats and facts against Ash, the x factor makes him yet one of the best. If he stands firm the whole team gets inspired to perform and if he Grrrrrrr all others just follow. Imagine what an impact he has on the team.

He is still the best cricketer we have. If we need some more victories, we need a character like Ash to be there. If others are so better than him why we have no victory without him? Let the team show that they can win even if Ash scores a 00. We will consider that he is no more necessary and say good bye to him happily.

:)

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2008, 12:15 PM
Despite all stats and facts against Ash, the x factor makes him yet one of the best. If he stands firm the whole team gets inspired to perform and if he Grrrrrrr all others just follow. Imagine what an impact he has on the team.

He is still the best cricketer we have. If we need some more victories, we need a character like Ash to be there. If others are so better than him why we have no victory without him? Let the team show that they can win even if Ash scores a 00. We will consider that he is no more necessary and say good bye to him happily.

You didn't watch the match against India in the WC 2007. I have to change my signature again I guess.

Fazal
June 6, 2008, 12:45 PM
If others are so better than him why we have no victory without him?

If some plays and hold a important slot in the team for most of the games played by the team, how can other can win a game for the team? By watching the game from TV? Give players like Sakib, Tamim, etc 100 ODI games and then asking the same question makes sense.

SS
June 6, 2008, 12:54 PM
But in this comming July 7, his officical age will be 24 years old.

Does that mean in this series he will score enough runs to (i.e. 230+ runs in two innings or 260 runs in three innings to make the average 24).

That means atleast two Eids are comming in this series then.

Tow Eids on the way then! Hey I just realised 11 players will score that run in whole series thus making Ash' avg dependent on others' batting. As Ash blames others for teams total, he can blame others for his low avg too.

djnaved
June 6, 2008, 01:12 PM

He is still the best cricketer we have. If we need some more victories, we need a character like Ash to be there. If others are so better than him why we have no victory without him?

lmao, bro if the selectors drop ash and aftab, and some good players got chance, guess things will change automatically.....we got match wining player like riyad,forhad,sakib, tamim,mash, and rokibul.....if the captain doesn't led the team properly, the team will automatically go down. jahajer captain jodi jahaj na chalaite pare tahole jahaj emnei dubbe, r jodi jahajer captain smart hoi tahole shea jahajke konomotei dubte dibe na,boron shesh mohurto porjonoto chesta chalie jabe..........

akabir77
June 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
lmao, bro if the selectors drop ash and aftab, and some good players got chance, guess things will change automatically.....we got match wining player like riyad,forhad,sakib, tamim,mash, and rokibul.....if the captain doesn't led the team properly, the team will automatically go down. jahajer captain jodi jahaj na chalaite pare tahole jahaj emnei dubbe, r jodi jahajer captain smart hoi tahole shea jahajke konomotei dubte dibe na,boron shesh mohurto porjonoto chesta chalie jabe..........

Its very childish to think that dropping aftab and ash will solve all our problem and we will start winning.

Nothing will change we will lose. only diff will be no one will hope that one of the lottery would stick today and win the game for us.

BANFAN
June 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
You didn't watch the match against India in the WC 2007. I have to change my signature again I guess.

Sorry bhai I forgot what was your signature.

17 March 2007 Ash was 8 N.O - lead to victory
7 April 2007, Ash 87 - caused the victory

Hasn't he made relationship with victory ! :)

BANFAN
June 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
Its very childish to think that dropping aftab and ash will solve all our problem and we will start winning.

Nothing will change we will lose. only diff will be no one will hope that one of the lottery would stick today and win the game for us.

Absoluteltly spot on, couldn't have put it in any better words.
We must have a valid reason/sureshot substitute for forseeing a victory after the change, otherwise we run the risk of loosing even the fragile hope that we have with him in the side.

akabir77
June 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
looks like reporters have blacked out the 2nd game news. Not a single paper reported what happen to the rest of the game...

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2008, 03:04 PM
Sorry bhai I forgot what was your signature.

17 March 2007 Ash was 8 N.O - lead to victory
Hasn't he made relationship with victory ! :)
In that case, Habibul Bashar should be in BD team untill he is replaced by his grandchild. His so called contribution in victory out numbers Ash's by a huge margin. Dating Associate days.

"Shomoi thaktey mona hushiaaar"

djnaved
June 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
In that case, Habibul Bashar should be in BD team untill he is replaced by his grandchild. His so called contribution in victory out numbers Ash's by a huge margin. Dating Associate days.

yah, that i was thinking about, during the basar era we won several matches, he scored lots of fifties both tests and odi matches, he is the one who first entered 1000 runs club from bangladeshi side.....form is temporary, class is permanent.....he has contributed a lot than ash/aftab......taile to onar teame thakar kotha........bashar jodi former karone badh pore tahole ash/aftabero ta former karone badh pora uchit

arafath79
June 6, 2008, 06:07 PM
Siddons saved Ashrafool to score 67 not out !!! He was struggling to play Suvo and Mehrab jnr and after that Siddons asked Junaid to bring back Robin and Sajedul to bowl Asharfool.

Source: http://www.jugantor.com/content/2008/06/07/news0403.htm

djnaved
June 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
Siddons saved Ashrafool to score 67 not out !!! He was struggling to play Suvo and Mehrab jnr and after that Siddons asked Junaid to bring back Robin and Sajedul to bowl Asharfool.

Source: http://www.jugantor.com/content/2008/06/07/news0403.htm

hashbo na kanbo bujte partachi na..........:floor::(:confused:

MohammedC
June 6, 2008, 06:58 PM
Siddons miar khobor ase match fixing shuru korse

Rifat
June 6, 2008, 08:08 PM
Ashraful needs to believe in himself, that i can score a century every match it should be pantabhatt for me, i can be the next don bradman and i will ignore all the stupid superstition, negativism from both home and abroad...

i will be the next don bradman of bangladesh, if ashraful believes in himself he will get there, siddons wanted to him to realize that. did he realize it? a batsmen of great potential with a terrible average needs more confidence in himself, you can do it.

al Furqaan
June 6, 2008, 10:31 PM
Ashraful needs to believe in himself, that i can score a century every match it should be pantabhatt for me, i can be the next don bradman and i will ignore all the stupid superstition, negativism from both home and abroad...

i will be the next don bradman of bangladesh, if ashraful believes in himself he will get there, siddons wanted to him to realize that. did he realize it? a batsmen of great potential with a terrible average needs more confidence in himself, you can do it.

ashraful does need to believe in himself, as does the rest of the team.

the problem is they believe it too much. ashraful beleives he is 10 tendulkar's without any effort. no doubt ash can be as great, but he has to be serious. maybe he'll never learn, but we hope he does. most have already stopped believing.

cricman
June 7, 2008, 01:05 AM
The Best: is referred to top three, streaching it to top five when only 11 plays.

When Akram Khan, Aminul Islam, Atahar Ali khan the old has beens average more than Ashraful, Heck when players like JO, Rajin Saleh, Mehrab Hossain (Sr.) averages more he can not be among the best.

In current team he is not even in the top five.
Mahmudullah - 43.60
Shahriar Nafees - 34.69
Shakib Al Hasan - 33.48
Tamim Iqbal - 27.50
Aftab Ahmed - 25.32

With 116 matches under his belt, with being the captain, is an average of 22.38 justifies to hold a top order position? Just so that someone don't bring in "early year nadan baccha" arguement his 2008 average in ODIs are 22.20 (11 games).

Misconception: Ash's Average is not among the best of the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5unocFLRKqw&NR=1

Check his average than, to get it up to 22 is some real hard work, Ashraful didn't start his career against mostly bums like Sakib and SN did.

BANFAN
June 7, 2008, 01:31 AM

HB Vs India 1 and Against SA 5, out both time could only add some additional pressure of loosing a wicket on the team.

Sorry Bro, Hablu has failed to establish any relationship to the Victory. So it is not the same case.

It is true HB has contribution in some of our previous achievements and that's why he was continuing in th team, But was left out when the rest of the team has repeatedly proven that they are able to win while HB is not making any contribution at all consistently. At that moment he wasn't at all necessary for the team. Situation is not at all the same with Ash's situation now.

Let the team (Rest 10) show that they can win without him.