PDA

View Full Version : 30 ODIs and 12 tests per year????

al Furqaan
June 6, 2008, 02:49 PM
according to today's Cricinfo news, the ICC had a meeting and it said that according to the current FTP, valid till 2012, all test teams had to play at least 30 ODIs and 12 tests per year.

however there was no mention of excluding bangladesh. but it is common knowledge that apart from india, australia, england, and perhaps WI and south africa, no one gets that much action.

does anyone know what the deal is?

Miraz
June 6, 2008, 03:01 PM
It can't be true!! Way too much cricket.

25 ODIs and 8 Tests can be maximum.

I think Cricinfo has misquoted Bindra.

AsifTheManRahman
June 6, 2008, 03:03 PM
Those are weak ceiling numbers, not tough floors. Cricinfo is wrong.

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2008, 03:16 PM
may be 30 - 12 is for India only.

Dhakablues
June 6, 2008, 07:14 PM
Is that after they demote Bangladesh/Zimbabwe to the second tier ? Kidding

zainab
June 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
If Bangladesh plays 6 tests per year, they are lucky, the mathematics is that they are only given 2 tests against any country, and if the equation is that they play 3 countries per year then that is 6 matches. SA will be playing 5 test matches against England. NZ is now playing 3 test matches. The aussies are playing 3 matches against the windians.
The timetable for BD is that they are only playing 2 more test matches this year, and this will be against SA. For SA, they will be playing 12 Test matches for the year.
With BD's dismal performance in Test matches, many more countries might make excuses to play them.
If they can play 25 ODIs per year, then that is good for them.

BANFAN
June 7, 2008, 06:19 AM
I would love it, if that's true and BD is not excluded.
I just think that some people unnecessarily complain of too many cricket, without any valid reason.

30 + 12X5=90 days of real international action in 365 days, must be less than the least possible expectations from professionals. Could have been more infact.

brockley
June 7, 2008, 07:10 PM
Bangladesh needs to play 4 dayers against A sides and zimbabwe,kenya and ireland to supplement the workload,so they can get better.

Rifat
June 7, 2008, 07:17 PM
it should be 20 ODI's and 8 tests at least...

the quality and excitement of "REal Cricket" is at danger... due to IPL and increased number of ODI's

well the positive note is, the more we play tougher oppositions, the more chances have of defeating them.

negative note is, one victory out of thirty will not seem so "fantastic" especially when we play them like ever other day..

it could be good for us, but bad for top teams like Australlia and South africa

i guess ICC wants everyday to be an "international excitement" cricket day...