PDA

View Full Version : sack

germany
June 8, 2008, 11:50 AM
sack BCB members, selectors, coach, captain ... that will do!

Shobha
June 8, 2008, 12:22 PM
i want siddons to get the sack...he's commited the biggest crime to bd cricket- he's taken our beloved ash!
i want ashraful back...

germany
June 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
if people (over 50) at bcb do not realize why is it happenning
dont you think that they are to blame first?

if you ask me ... stop fancying colonial coaches ... get one either from bd or from the sub-continent
who understand our mentality and psychie + they we speak in one language called sankskrit

Rabz
June 8, 2008, 12:53 PM
Germany mate,
i could understand your frustation.
But next time when you open a thread,
Please try writing more than 9 words to begin with...

A little extra effort by the thread opener does make a reasonable difference.

Fantastic
June 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
The person that needs to be sacked IMO is Ashraful. He really has no clue wut is going on. He got loser's attitude because he could have tightened the grip on Pakistan by stopping the singles after the first 2 wickets fell. He said at the end of the match presentation We gave up 40 extra runs. Well if he stopped the singles this wouldn't have happened.

I don't want to blame the coach cuz he doesn't really know much about Bangladeshi cricket. After all he is trying to play down Dav Whatmore's success to take pressure off him. However, I don't want him 2 be in selection because he always picks the wrong team. I mean come on why do u want 2 say at the end we leaked 2 many runs when u drop ur best economical bowler Syed Rasel?:doh:

germany
June 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
its not only my frustration - its the frustration of the nation today

we should wake up really

BANFAN
June 8, 2008, 01:09 PM
- JS, that will probably do

germany
June 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
this amature coach & captain is leading us to be a cricket clown

its high time now, we sack them before its too late

we can keep ashfool as a player, but not as a captain
this is not football, it has loads of responsibility, i'm afraid

Bancan
June 8, 2008, 02:51 PM
sack lol...sounds funny

germany
June 8, 2008, 02:57 PM
sack (kill) 'em all, and come back alone (as a winner!)

desirocker
June 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
its not only my frustration - its the frustration of the nation today

we should wake up really

i agree, i can't take it anymore. The players humiliating the whole country.

germany
June 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
bring back few older players (JO, Rasel, etc)
give the captaincy to a matured person
change the selectors to stop their silly experiment for more than 1 year
and tell the players this is not your personal game - this is for the country

and bring in a local bangla coach, or gavaskar, wasim akram
but only our own sankskrit people please!

Rifat
June 8, 2008, 04:03 PM
Rakibul Hasan, Shahriar Nafees deserve to be sacked...

bring back Javed Omar and Bashar :D

germany
June 8, 2008, 04:14 PM
Rakibul Hasan, Shahriar Nafees deserve to be sacked...

bring back Javed Omar and Bashar :D

dont bring back Bashar ... he is not in form, be realistic
JO was always in form ... keep Alok ... we need older matured players
otherwise we will end up having kid captains like ash or sakib

Tehsin
June 8, 2008, 04:45 PM
Have a sneaky feeling that Ash had a gameplan. The way his teammates played, I won't and an't blame him for his slow batting. Tamim was the only one who looked solid. SN was fishing as usual. The learning curve for BD batsmen is off the charts.

germany
June 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
thats why i said, sack the selectors ... they never grew up
all amature idiots !

instead of bringing back some matured players ... they are keep bringing the kids!
why? cos they believe in miracle!
why? cos they believe in religion
why? (again) cos they never grew up

ialbd
June 8, 2008, 05:22 PM
its not that tough to understand that Ashraful was clearly upto sth and was proving a point. Perhaps JS somehow hypnotized him to "follow instructions".

Its like if we can make sure Ashraful can score a 50+ runs score from 70+ deliveries, he can concentrate on the remaining bolods to build the innings on it. Its more like forcefully trying to create a middle-order for our side, or rather starting from cricket 101.....

Too bad whatever their plan is, its the same old 'jaha lau tahai kodu' for the fans. Frustrated after today's match?? absolutely NOT.....

Ishtylish cricketer
June 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't watch the full bd batting. I am so glad. The approach of Ashraful begs the question why is he our captain?

germany
June 8, 2008, 05:38 PM
not frustrated cos i know where the problem is
bcb, selectors, coach, captain

please get a local hero as a coach instead of those colonial amatures
remember, they never want to see you successful!

Antora
June 8, 2008, 05:47 PM
sack JS. worst coach ever!

germany
June 8, 2008, 05:51 PM
yes we had enough of western coaches ...
bring our local bangla coach who would have have our kind of passion n maturity

Ajfar
June 8, 2008, 07:22 PM
amader team eto niche geche.....ek din ek kodom agaile..porer din aro tin kodom pichai...

Pundit
June 8, 2008, 09:45 PM
Germany, its best that you went back to supporting Lothar Matheus' Soccer team.

ehteshamul
June 9, 2008, 04:41 AM
sack BCB members, selectors, coach, captain ... that will do!

YESTERDAY’S END RESULTS

Hello Germany Bhaiyya,

I understand your frustration . So do I . It really sucks. However one has to face reality as well.

Here’s my thoughts on yesterday’s CRASH/DISASTER.

Our objective in yesterday’s one dayer with Pakistan was to do better and if we could draw or win that would be a bonus.

This is based on our recent performance against Pakistan in their own den where we were comprehensively whipped by them by huge margins.

So the objective that Siddons most likely set for yesterday’s game according to his visions were improvements in some areas. No goal for a win.

In that respect we have to give to give credit to Siddons and Ashraful & Co as we see 3 significant positives from yesterday’s game.

1.Unexpected and remarkable Bowling improvements.

Mashrafe took for 2 wickets for 36 including 2 in one over.

Razzaq tool 3 wickets for 35 including 2 in 2 balls.

Alok was a class act. He scalped the crucial wickets of Salman Butt, Mohammad Yousuf and Shahid Afridi and returned with figures of 3 for 49.

2.Fightback.

When Salman Butt and Yousuf were cutting loose Alok halted this by lightning strikes taking the crucial wickets.

At one stage Pakistan score stood at 75 for 1. They slipped to 179 for 4 and finally bundled for 233.

It goes to Bangladesh Bowlers great fight back that they were able to contain Pakistan’s score to 233 in 40 overs and capture the last 6 wickets for 54 runs.

3.Fielding. I thought Bangladesh fielding was fantastic.

They looked very sharp, body language was good and tremendous stoppings and saves.

Negatives.

Batting : We all know that this Bangladesh eleven is devoid of two key and proven performers - One Sakib and the other Aftab and that we were playing with replacements Raqibul for Aftab with not much International experience and Kapali coming in place of Sakib after a long lay off.

Now who are the stroke makers of BD in this playing eleven?. Typically at the top Tamim then Ash and lower down Mashrafe who is more of a slogger.

On previous occasions either Tamim or Saqib used to play long innings while others came and gone. Riyad has recently been playing a good middle order role and stabilizing the innings.
Unfortunately in this match our batting barring Ash and Tamim fell like nine pins. So sensing an early collapse Ashraful was promoted up the order at No 3 which he normally does not play.

He must have received instructions from Siddons that his objective was to stay till 40 overs and not to accelerate to win the game as that may not allow BD to survive 40 overs and if that happened they would be under serious criticism.

However the pace at which Ash played was indeed baffling.

It is one thing to play a restrained or controlled innings. But that does not mean that in a One day match you will lower your SR to 60.2 as Ash ended in the match. This was like swallowing a bitter pill for most of us.

To make matters worse we also saw an unprecedented happening that of a Maiden last over against a semi part time bowler of the like of Younus Khan that made a mockery of a typical last over we see in a One dayer.

I am sure Siddons will talk long and hard with the guys on their dismal batting performance.

I would say Nazimuddin might come in place of Shahriyar Nafees OR Shahriyar Nafees may be retained in his usual position and bringing in Nazimuddin for Raqibul or Shahriyar Nafees playing in a middle order position so that he can bat at his comfort level

I am sure they will play better in terms of batting in the next game against India.

I think there is no need to panic now. Let’s look forward for the next game and hope for a better performance.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Ishtylish cricketer
June 9, 2008, 07:07 AM
SN the butcher must be replaced with a batsman...Zunaid perhaps but then again he was inexplicably left out of the team. Very stupid decision.

mahbubH
June 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
funny thread.... I found BD players are more lively in the field compared to what they did in Pakistan few weeks back. Their fielding was not bad and bowling is ok (except some shortpitched bowling from our slow medium pacers for which no captain can stop runs). Main problem of our batting was unable to rotate the strike. Taking fours singles in four balls is far far better than hitting a gour and having three dots. Even Tamim cannot rotate the strike. For a team like BD who cannot survive 50 overs consistantly, I like Ash spends as much time as possible in the middle. As always I like a 50 of 75 balls instead of a 30 from 15 balls from Ashraful. Last night's pitch was a turner, I never seen Riad gets that amount of turn (his first bowl was a beauty). Hope we get some descent batsman ho can rotate the strike which will solve our more than 50% of the cricket related problems.

Don't need to sack JS!! I am still behind him.

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:06 AM
I say give them a sack intead to hide their face instead.

Shame shame puppy shame.

But wait they don't have any shame.... they were pretty happy with the end result.

SS
June 9, 2008, 09:10 AM
I say give them a sack intead to hide their face instead.

Shame shame puppy shame.

But wait they don't have any shame.... they were pretty happy with the end result.

Tell me about it...Remember Ash said , "I score 30 you score 30, we win match"
He is now more mature, "I score 50 rest score 50 in over 50, we score 100"...He is smart man...improving his score range. Indeed signs of improvements and maturity! Nobody should be sacked..it's us who does not understand what he meant and his matureness should be sacked!

crikfreak
June 9, 2008, 09:11 AM
sack the coach, captain and the gadha selectors.. we need a national coach.. someone who can communicate properly and someone who actually cares about the country's performance.. we need a mature player to captain the side.. we can't expect a kid to captain our team and hope for succeess.. ash is no graeme smith.. and as for our selectors.. i don't even wanna talk abt them..

akabir77
June 9, 2008, 10:38 AM
Funny thing is the people who r screaming ULTA PALTA here in BC would have opened 1001 threads on ASH if he tried to hit out and say got out in 30's. We the fans/reporters and BCB has told him we don't want you to bat like crazy we want you to bat like senseble player. And when we r 100 runs for 8 what is the senseble thing to do? save your *** or try to do some crazy thing and get tali or gali from so called fans!!!

I say grow up and move on!!!

lamisa
June 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
i am still behind the coach and the captain and also the whole team.we dont need to sack anyone,we need to appoint a team psychologist and bulbul as assistant coach.