PDA

View Full Version : The Last Over

cricman
June 8, 2008, 12:17 PM
Maiden off the Last over vs Part time bowler?

Something is up

Maybe he ws sending a message to someone?

Shobha
June 8, 2008, 12:19 PM
where do i hide my face ( in shame)?

lojja lojja...

Miraz
June 8, 2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe he ws sending a message to someone?

I am also thinking in the same line.

Is he trying to prove a point? is it a silent rebellion? or yet another idiocy from him?!

Spitfire_x86
June 8, 2008, 12:26 PM
If that's really the case, then he should be banned for at least a year.

Niceman70
June 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
Ash: Whats the point of scoring in the last over?

al Furqaan
If that's really the case, then he should be banned for at least a year.

why not stone him to death?

djnaved
hmm, what could i say? ok the game was finished there when the team lost 3 quick wickets.... ok 3 wickets gone, ash starts to playing test cricket, nor he went for big shots, nor he went for quick 2-3 runs in every ball. when a batsman is playing some good shots, his partner also gets encouraged to play some good knocks. neither ash did it. neither other bolods did it.......

Fazal
June 8, 2008, 12:30 PM
We are giving too much credit to Ash's intelligence here.

If its Pilot, I could have understand.

But Ash.... trying to send a signal to someone?

Nooooo way.... there is no work called 'signal' exists in Ash's dictionary.

Otherwise he could have get the signal send by Dav and co. last few years.

al Furqaan
June 8, 2008, 12:32 PM
i don't know if he was sending messages to siddons, if so, its badder news that what we already have.

siddons might be a good technique coach, and tough love might work down under, but this bangladesh - a nation where everything was handed to us, even our independence (no disrespect to the freedom fighters, but if dying alone got you a state, the palestinians would have gotten one 50 times over).

if ash was giving siddons a message, it means that they are not on good terms, which means bad things. siddons may be a good coach, but he is probably not the coach for us. in any case, i don't see him coming back after his contract expires in 2009.

the only other explanation - which i HOPE is the right one - is that ash was simply trying to beef his batting average or got bored with the last over.

bdchamp20
June 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
i don't know if he was sending messages to siddons, if so, its badder news that what we already have.

siddons might be a good technique coach, and tough love might work down under, but this bangladesh - a nation where everything was handed to us, even our independence (no disrespect to the freedom fighters, but if dying alone got you a state, the palestinians would have gotten one 50 times over).

if ash was giving siddons a message, it means that they are not on good terms, which means bad things. siddons may be a good coach, but he is probably not the coach for us. in any case, i don't see him coming back after his contract expires in 2009.

the only other explanation - which i HOPE is the right one - is that ash was simply trying to beef his batting average or got bored with the last over.
I dont think so, Siddons was surprisingly happy with Ash in the ceremony, he patted him on the back. They were laughing and chatting with each other. I think he is sending a message to the CTG. Release Hasina and Khaleda!

Baundule
June 8, 2008, 12:46 PM
Who cares about his sending a message or whatever? I am happy to see that Ash concentrated on his average. Getting out to Yunus would be a great shame as well.

Sovik
June 8, 2008, 01:29 PM
this was ash's comment

Ashraful: "They batted really well. If we had restricted them to 190 we would have had a good chance. We gave away 40 runs more. We need one of our openers to carry on after the start they got."

Rabz
June 8, 2008, 01:36 PM
Something really wrong is going on.

The sooner we find it and take a step rectifying it, the better it is for all of us.

Let me start with one,
Jamie Siddons.

BD-Shardul
June 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Mark my word:

After JS leaves we will remain coachless for a l-o-n-g period.

BANFAN
June 8, 2008, 02:26 PM
I dont think so, Siddons was surprisingly happy with Ash in the ceremony, he patted him on the back. They were laughing and chatting with each other.

If that's true, that means he has done what JS expected him to do. That's what is alarming and damaging. Need investigations probably.

I would recommend to start with JS.

BANFAN
June 8, 2008, 02:30 PM
Mark my word:

Sooner is Better.

Damage control is more important.

Eshen
June 8, 2008, 02:36 PM
Sooner is Better.

Damage control is more important.
Ditto. More than anything else, we need to install some positive thinking in the team. Bring in Sujan (as the team manager) or Bulbul (as the head coach). At least, they won't do worse than what JS is doing with the team now.

Sovik
June 8, 2008, 02:45 PM
Mark my word:

who would want to be involved with this team. I believe passion is missing in our team. i don't thing they have any love for this game

Our players need to believe in themselves. Atleast one player is doing well in every match. all we need to do get everyone to do well in the same match. i believe is not too hard to do. we need some one as a captain who could lead the way and ash is not that person yet.

djnaved
June 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
Ditto. More than anything else, we need to install some positive thinking in the team. Bring in Sujan (as the team manager) or Bulbul (as the head coach). At least, they won't do worse than what JS is doing with the team now.

agree, i told earlier during the series in NZ that this Jimmi Siddons doesn't mark our players. He doesn't know which player can really perform well. Bulbul and Nannu are far better coach

Tehsin
June 8, 2008, 05:00 PM
Signal ? Could be.

The only BD batsmen who usually have more consistency (aside from Tamim) are the slow pokes - Ash batted slow and hence got his 50+. If he continues playing this horrible cricket, he'd probably end up with a beefy 40+ avg by the time he retires. The only thing bad about Ash not scoring FOURs (for the crowd) is Ash failing to score those one's and two's that could have added 20+ to his score. Controlled aggression could do wonders for his stats.

bujhee kom
June 8, 2008, 05:08 PM
i think it's all part of a big positive plan! maybe something good will come out of all these!

sharjilh
June 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
lol i think Younis Khan even realised he was upset.....and if anyone realised both Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan were giving him advice to actually 'HIT' (which i could read off their hand signals lol)
even they realised something must be wrong

Ishtylish cricketer
June 8, 2008, 05:38 PM
It was one those things I've seen kids do when they're playing in "moholla" cricket. The best players are out and you just want to face a lot of balls just because you enjoy batting, want practice for next match. Shocking.

Hatebreed
June 8, 2008, 05:50 PM
It is the only explanation

http://ultraorange.net/media/2007/11/weird-futurama-brain-slug-man.gif

al Furqaan
June 8, 2008, 07:23 PM
Signal ? Could be.

The only BD batsmen who usually have more consistency (aside from Tamim) are the slow pokes - Ash batted slow and hence got his 50+. If he continues playing this horrible cricket, he'd probably end up with a beefy 40+ avg by the time he retires. The only thing bad about Ash not scoring FOURs (for the crowd) is Ash failing to score those one's and two's that could have added 20+ to his score. Controlled aggression could do wonders for his stats.

he's just not good enough for controlled agression. at least not yet. he can go from absolutely no agression (today) to pure agression (94 off 52) but has little in between - though he has the ability to play everything in between and has on rare occaisions.

majority of his innings have either 50 or less strike rate, and then again 100 or greater. he doesn't many games with a 70-80 strike rate which are substantially long and optimally placed in most ODI situations. of course given the situation that 94 off 52 was pretty well paced (we were *chasing* 392).

Ajfar
June 8, 2008, 08:10 PM
wow..innings er last over maiden...this must be the first time in ODI cricket..is it???

Pundit
June 8, 2008, 09:34 PM
YOU GUYS ARE SO MATURE!!

Why would you think our best batsman would want to cater to the insult hurled at him by the opposition team by plundering a batsman bowler ? He is bigger than that.

KnightBD
June 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
...siddons might be a good technique coach, and tough love might work down under, but this bangladesh - a nation where everything was handed to us, even our independence (no disrespect to the freedom fighters, but if dying alone got you a state, the palestinians would have gotten one 50 times over).
what r u? a freak!!!
al fuqaan = al chamcha of pakistan :lol::lol::lol:

Baundule
June 9, 2008, 02:02 AM
what r u? a freak!!!
al fuqaan = al chamcha of pakistan :lol::lol::lol:

Not a chamcha of Pakistan; but he has no idea about the freedom fight for sure. He has not even the minimum of idea how intelligently our guirrella fighters did their job. I am sure, he was careless while mentioning this and did not mean it; but it's shocking when people do draw such conclusions about things of real pride after a trifle matter of losing a match.

abdulmukit
June 9, 2008, 02:07 AM
wow..innings er last over maiden...this must be the first time in ODI cricket..is it???

no...actually this is the 2nd time, in the last seriese between pak v bd (4th odi i think),bangladesh couldnt make any run(s) from the last over.the batsman was sahadat hossain

Murad
June 9, 2008, 02:10 AM
Captain Ashraful however was more logical than his coach, for a change, as he was subdued despite making a half-century after a seven-match gap.

"I think it was possible to chase the score but we failed to have partnerships. Actually I had a plan to make a partnership with Tamim and then go for the kill but I have to change my mind after losing few quick wickets in the middle. Afridi bowled very well to dash our hopes," said Ashraful, most of whose innings brought something special for Bangladesh. DailyStar

He did have a plan. But things changed because of losing wickets in the other end.

BD-Shardul
June 9, 2008, 03:29 AM
Considering personal gain justifies the case. A little dhum dharakka would have not win the match. So, he tried to stayed not out to boost his avg.

lamisa
June 9, 2008, 04:42 AM
i think it's all part of a big positive plan! maybe something good will come out of all these!

Inshallah

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 05:28 AM
Considering personal gain justifies the case. A little dhum dharakka would have not win the match. So, he tried to stayed not out to boost his avg.

Considering the fact that, we had no chance to win,

His staying not out has benefitted the team most. his personal benefit is negligible.

zainab
June 9, 2008, 05:46 AM
I think Ashraful froze at the crease after seeing wickets crumbling like a pack of cards around him. He did not not want to play his shots in the air where he gets caught and made up his mind to stay at the crease even if he scored at a snail's pace.
IMO< I like the other Ashraful better. I feel that if he did not stay there , the team would have crumbled for 125 runs.
I feel that everyone should cut him some slack, the Pakistani bowling was tight and fielding was spot on.
There is absolutely no comparison between the two sides. Pakistan has good and seasoned players who are more or less dependable and attacking.
Also Remember pakistan has been playing cricet for decades and they do not have novices like BD.
I still have to congratulate BD for bowling out Pak for 233 runs, when I thought that they would have gone over 265 runs.

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:09 AM
Considering the fact that, we had no chance to win,

His staying not out has benefitted the team most. his personal benefit is negligible.

Yes right. Its like saying Her (Hilary Clinton) staying in the race has benefitted the Democrtic party most. her personal benefit is negligible.

crikfreak
June 9, 2008, 09:25 AM
ok what happened out there?? i mean.. a maiden?? that too from a part time bowler.. i don't understand..maybe something good will happen because of this.. or maybe this was part of their plan.. what was ash trying to do?? whatever it is.. it is way outside my iq level..

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
ok what happened out there?? i mean.. a maiden?? that too from a part time bowler.. i don't understand..maybe something good will happen because of this.. or maybe this was part of their plan.. what was ash trying to do?? whatever it is.. it is way outside my iq level..

Yes a Maiden by a Modon I mean Motin agfainst a part time bowler.

But don't question it.... we are being told 100th time that it was part of a grand plan.... something good is about to happen....

so abiscally either we (the people questioning the master plan) are the real Bolod or they ( the people realize and appreciate the master plan) are the real bolod. I guess we have to wait and see to fidn out who are the real bolods.

SS
June 9, 2008, 10:02 AM
Last over of Ashraful...top 10 things might have happened:
1) He could be insulted as he is facing a Part time bowler...remember his personality profile...he still wants to be Hiru ...role against part time actor/actress no way..comn he is the best batsmen of BD..he will "dance" down the wicket only with the top ones.
2) He could be signaling something (Emergence of once solid openner...when you block you rok..Wanna be like Golla...copy book defense shot can't get you out)
3) He was showing Siddons that he learned how to block a ball, which he didn't learn when he was playing moholla cricket.
4) Monalisa was in the stadium and wanted him to last till the last
5) Selectors told him to follow his own modified words "I score 50 rest score 50 we score 100 in 50 overs). Hey it worked in World cup and we won dhuh..we will win again if we score little bit more.
6) He would be having groin pains...
7) He saw Jalal standing there with red eyes
8) He was remembering biriyani party thrown after his return from World Cup
9) He was missing the DW without Shirt
10) He was trying to hear again and again the sweet voice of the commentator and had Kobi Kobi Bhab (Khoda Box mridha saying "chok dadhano mon jurano drishti nondon block shot" ...it's sound so poetic)

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 10:16 AM
1) He could be insulted as he is facing a Part time bowler...remember his personality profile...he still wants to be Hiru ...role against part time actor/actress no way..comn he is the best batsmen of BD..he will "dance" down the wicket only with the top ones.

I think its #1.... he thought "Atoo opoman....Dhut shaha Run-eee nimu na"

or #6 .Groin Pain did the trick.

lamisa
June 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
2) He could be signaling something (Emergence of once solid openner...when you block you rok..Wanna be like Golla...copy book defense shot can't get you out)
3) He was showing Siddons that he learned how to block a ball, which he didn't learn when he was playing moholla cricket.
4) Monalisa was in the stadium and wanted him to last till the last
5) Selectors told him to follow his own modified words "I score 50 rest score 50 we score 100 in 50 overs). Hey it worked in World cup and we won dhuh..we will win again if we score little bit more.
6) He would be having groin pains...
7) He saw Jalal standing there with red eyes
8) He was remembering biriyani party thrown after his return from World Cup
9) He was missing the DW without Shirt
10) He was trying to hear again and again the sweet voice of the commentator and had Kobi Kobi Bhab (Khoda Box mridha saying "chok dadhano mon jurano drishti nondon block shot" ...it's sound so poetic)

either 1 or 7.

sensible
June 9, 2008, 10:41 AM
May be Bangladesh should ask ICC to start a new rule of declaration in one day cricket. If there were such a rule, Ash could have declared the Bangladesh innings a long time back. Then we would not have this discussion about what's on his mind!!!!