PDA

View Full Version : Match bulletin first ODI : Pakistan tame timid Tigers

Miraz
June 8, 2008, 05:00 PM
Tri-Nation ODI Series, 2008
Pakistan tame timid Tigers
8 June 2008
Pakistan eased to a 70 run victory over a lackluster Bangladesh in the opening match of the tri-nation Kitply Cup at Sher E Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka today. Chasing a victory target of 234 in the rain affected match, Bangladesh failed to show any signs of competitiveness as they scrambled to 163 for 8 in the stipulated 40 overs.
Shahid Afridi and Wahab Riaz bagged 3 wickets each to skittle Bangladesh top order in the one-sided encounter.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin ยป (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2008/INT/TRI/tour.php)

view360
June 8, 2008, 07:16 PM
Stories and history are always written for the victor. Think about the reversals. If BD had won , the tittle would be more or less like " Shockwave to Shialkot" or " Tiger stun sorry Pakistan " etc. A timid always avoid a fight. BD fought and lost . This is not a big deal.

Eshen
June 8, 2008, 07:56 PM
BD fought and lost .
No, they did not. Our team just went out there so that it can be called an ODI and that BCB can make few million dollars out of this match.

Ajfar
June 8, 2008, 09:43 PM
BD fought and lost .

if bd fought n lost the title wud hav been different...fighting is not giving up untill its over..NOT giving a maiden in the last over of the innings...

BD-Shardul
June 9, 2008, 01:52 AM
Tamed the timid? If someone is already timid, doean't it mean that it is tame by nature?

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
Anybody knows why Farhad was not in the final 11?

Usually if some is dropped, there should be some reason. For example...

1) For pitch or opponent they build up the team with one less FB.

[That was no true. As there was 3 FBs ( mashrafee, Shahadat, Dollar).]

2) The player play really bad in the last few series.
[That was not true, becuase Farhad was one of the top few paerformers with the ball in last few series.]

3) The player played really bad in local league.
[ That is also not true, he may not be the top performer, but he was not bad either]

4) The player is injured.
[ Is he? As far as I know he isn't.]

So why this senseless pick and drop players like Farhad ( the way they did with Rana) ? And if they conitue to do these, what kind of message they are sending to the players? "Performance doesn/t matter"... is this the message theyare sending yto the team?

May that explains why we are going nowhere as a team now a days

mahbubH
June 9, 2008, 09:30 AM
Fazal is a Farhad praiser.. probably because both of their names start with the same letter.

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
Sure I am a Farhad Fan there is no secret about that. But I am not blind Farhad supporter. I know he is not the most skilled player in the team. He is a good ODI bolwer as well as an excellent fielder. He is a potentially decent batsman. If you see his performance for last few series, I see no reason to drop him currently before he stop performing.