PDA

View Full Version : Dolar Mahmud: First Impression

Eshen
June 8, 2008, 07:29 PM
I had stopped watching the match 15-16 overs into Pakistani innings. From what I had seen, this is my impression about Dolar -

He is a taller version of Nazmul. He can be categorized as a medium fast, slower than Mashrafe, Shahadat, Sajid, or Farhad is. He seems to have a decent control over L&L, although still needs a lot of work in this area. We can make a decent ODI bowler out of him, but, because of his lack of pace, he won't be effective in Test cricket.

Unless Shahadat learns to bowl in right areas within next three days, I like to see him opening bowling with Mashrafe in the next ODI, with Farhad brought back in the team as the third pacer.

al Furqaan
June 8, 2008, 08:16 PM
agreed. his pace is a bit more than nazmul tho.

Gowza
June 8, 2008, 08:26 PM
he's still young, hopefully he'll gain some extra pace in the next few years.

djnaved
June 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
one thing i like about him is that he can frustrate the batsman plush he can bowl angle to angle. Batsman like yousuf was struggling against him.

Foozy
June 8, 2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry guys, i know this is out of context here... but does any1 know what happened to the opening page of banglacricket?
we used to have this little thing on the top-left that would have the recently used threads.. we dont have that anymore... why? I really loved that thing and I used to use it all the time...
can some1 let me know whats going on? or if i have to download something to make it work again? ....mods maybe can give me a heads up on this saying that it will b fixed soon or somethin?
....k thanx! :)

Ajfar
June 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys, i know this is out of context here... but does any1 know what happened to the opening page of banglacricket?
we used to have this little thing on the top-left that would have the recently used threads.. we dont have that anymore... why? I really loved that thing and I used to use it all the time...
can some1 let me know whats going on? or if i have to download something to make it work again? ....mods maybe can give me a heads up on this saying that it will b fixed soon or somethin?
....k thanx! :)

couple pplz been complaining that Banglacricket front page takes a while to load...n the thing you r talking was prolly causing it..so admins prolly removed it...just my thoughts...

jeesh
June 9, 2008, 12:30 AM
I still feel he has been brought in too early. This guy needs another season or two of domestic and A Team cricket before this leap.

yaseer
June 9, 2008, 01:27 AM
I have seen Dollar before in the domestic matches.....

He is just a regular medium-fast bowler like other general BD bowlers with a slight edge in swinging the ball.

He can survive in ODI team if he improves his batting and contribute....i doubt he can survive only as a bowler....

Dollar is Tests...no way...at least not with the pace and control he is operating now....needs to improve a lot.....both in terms of swing/pace

My Impression on him: Like many other BD players.....too early to get selected in the team.

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 02:02 AM
No impression at all, looked pretty ordinary. Doesnot deserve a chance in the side, leaving aside many experienced bowlers (Rassel, Tapash, Farhad etc etc)

Murad
June 9, 2008, 02:13 AM
He looked just okay.

I never liked the idea of giving him the chance so early in this age. He's not ready.

I would like to see Nazmul Hossain in place Dollar. Nazmul is more quicker and has improved a lot after getting dropped 2/3 yrs before. He's taking wickets consistenly in every tournaments.

Sohel
June 9, 2008, 03:10 AM
He has an excellent bowling action, is accurate and has the ability to swing the ball both ways in a variety of conditions. Alongside Mohammad Shazada and the rejuvinated NH Milon, he can be pretty handy with the bat as well, especially lower down the order.

This was his debut and we're nowhere near seeing the best of him yet. He's still young and will generate more pace in time, Inshallah. Until he does, he's a pretty good ODI prospect IMO.

BD-Shardul
June 9, 2008, 03:19 AM
Bad impression in debut match is good for BD players. Else they become superstar Tendu or Lee on the first match.

scoilaheez
June 9, 2008, 03:42 AM
what sort of pace range was he bowling at? farhad is no good as a bowler. we need shakib back. mahmudullah riyad was very good again

Baundule
June 9, 2008, 03:58 AM
The few overs I saw him bowling, I am quite impressed. He has very good inswingers that I did not see from any other BD bowler so far. He was beating Yusuf regularly because of his swing. I am nor sure, if he can produce outswingers as well. If yes, then he can be developed as a very good bowler.

I don't care about pace. Mashrafee and Shahadat, bowling at 126-128 K are not faster than him. Mashrafee succeeds because of his control over the length and Shahadat fails because of losing the control. So, having good control and ability to swing the ball in all sort of pitches can make him a good pacer.

To be a test bowler, he needs to have the ability of bowling good bouncers. Pace plays a role here. With the pace of our bowlers, the bouncers need a very good line, so that the batsman does not get any room to capitalize on it.

I was surprised that Ashfool did not use him more than those 4 overs. I am pretty sick of seeing the overrated BD spinners. Three spinners bowling their full quotas will never produce good pace bowlers.

bdchamp20
June 9, 2008, 04:07 AM
Dollar is slower than Farhad and Sajed? Really? He bowled at 133 yesterday surely thats faster than Farhad and Sajed? Anyway everytime he pitched the ball up he looked like getting a wicket. He looks OK with a bit more of nurturing he may be handy for us in the future but now Rasel should be our third pacer when he returns

lamisa
June 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
i was quite impressed by him.quality pak batsmen were struggling against him and yea as mentioned earlier,hes still pretty young so pace cholei ashbe Inshallah.off topic:ven i saw sth really wrong with the opening page of bc like foozy.even i loved it as it was before.

Yameen
June 9, 2008, 04:53 AM
I think 1st impressions was pretty good line and length wise and his pace hit the 85mph mark but consistantly bowled around 80mph. If the managemnt are patient with him, especially the bowling coaches and allow him to grow as he is only 19 and get him to work on his back and bulk up a little, he could be touching high 80's in a couple years. For now, he should just focus on finding those areas and keep bowling the exact same lines offering subtle variation when he can.

My friend at uni played against him in Kolkata, and said he was a very good prospect and was very pacey and definetley one for the future.

SS
June 9, 2008, 09:21 AM
"Dollar is not impressive any more" ..."Dollar has no good value in international standard"..."Let's go for Dinar" or "Dirahms"...I will expect more parents from now on to name their kids as Dinar or Dirhams or Even Euro to get the first impression.

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
Does it matter ? Why wasting our time evalute him?

Because beforte you can blink your eyes, he will be termed as no good dumped for no obviuos reason by the selectors.

Giving him chance to grow and show his merit? Too bad....don;t look for logic from these buch of selectors.... see their thrend... see how they slected that spinner ( recommended by Rafiq) and dumped him, that bowler for one series and then they dumped him.... they selected Dhiman and then dumped him.... they kind of dumped Farhad.....See the thrend .....

its obvious that they will dump Dollar after this series, whether he shows some promise or not.... it doesn;t matter.

The_Yorker
June 9, 2008, 10:28 AM
what sort of pace range was he bowling at? farhad is no good as a bowler. we need shakib back. mahmudullah riyad was very good again

mahmudullah riyad was very good again? In batting or bowling?

crikfreak
June 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
my first impression was pretty goos with the ball.. he was bowling quite well.. experienced paki batsman like yousuf were struggling against him.. i just hope his talent will not be wasted..

Eshen
June 9, 2008, 12:00 PM
Dollar is slower than Farhad and Sajed? Really? He bowled at 133 yesterday surely thats faster than Farhad and Sajed?
If I remember correctly, Farhad and Sajid were regularly hitting 135 KPH during NZ tour, whereas Dollar had reached 133 KPH only once or twice yesterday.

arafath79
June 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
Dollar was given a chance in the ODI too early in his career. He needs more time to improve his bowling and Farhad is better choice than Dollar who can bat as well.

Rifat
June 9, 2008, 02:43 PM
He looked just okay.

I never liked the idea of giving him the chance so early in this age. He's not ready.

I would like to see Nazmul Hossain in place Dollar. Nazmul is more quicker and has improved a lot after getting dropped 2/3 yrs before. He's taking wickets consistenly in every tournaments.

i never agreed to add a new player every series.... it doesn't make any sense!

over the last 6 months alone we have included more players than(lack of analogy :()

Sovik
June 9, 2008, 04:59 PM
does anyone have any clips of this kid. didn't do too bad in his first match.

Eshen
June 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
does anyone have any clips of this kid. didn't do too bad in his first match.
Here is the highlights of yesterday's match -

http://www.dipvid.com/search_new.php?search_id=1st+odi+pakistan+banglade sh+kitply+cup

al Furqaan
June 9, 2008, 05:55 PM
he hit 133, whereas farhad has hit 135 and sajid has hit 136. so just a tad slower, but all in the fast-medium category - which also includes mash and rajib.

if he hits 133 at 19 in his first match, he may have the potential to reach 140. but i hope he picks up his accuracy.

Gowza
June 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
i think you guys are too set on the 140 barrier. pace does help, but even at the international level consistently hitting 130-140 is good enough. bowlers can be successful at this level without reaching 140, stuart clark rarely gets up there, actually i'm not even sure if he's hit 140 in an international match and he quite often bowls a tad under 130 but he's been a good test bowler.

Foozy
June 9, 2008, 08:13 PM
couple pplz been complaining that Banglacricket front page takes a while to load...n the thing you r talking was prolly causing it..so admins prolly removed it...just my thoughts...

Thank you very much for the reply bd_sy. And also thanks to the mods who fixed the issue. I love that thing, and always use it. :)

About dollar... I think he was pretty good on that match. I wish to see a little bit more of him before bringing anyone back, just because its bad for any player to be in and out without playing at least a few matches. But we do need Rasel back the way he was before. I have no clue why he was out in the first place. Miss his bowling... he was more economic and wicket taking than most of our bowlers... may i dare say all...

Eshen
June 9, 2008, 09:33 PM
i think you guys are too set on the 140 barrier. pace does help, but even at the international level consistently hitting 130-140 is good enough. bowlers can be successful at this level without reaching 140, stuart clark rarely gets up there, actually i'm not even sure if he's hit 140 in an international match and he quite often bowls a tad under 130 but he's been a good test bowler.
Clark (and McGrath) has the height advantage. He gets good bounce when he pitches the ball up, makes it hard and risky to drive at his deliveries, and Clark rarely bowls short. Although there are many other reasons that make Clark a hard to play bowler, I think this is his main strength. So, If you don't have the height and control that Clark has, I don't see how you can succeed in Test cricket as a medium or medium-fast bowler.

al Furqaan
June 9, 2008, 10:03 PM
Clark (and McGrath) has the height advantage. He gets good bounce when he pitches the ball up, makes it hard and risky to drive at his deliveries, and Clark rarely bowls short. If you don't have the height and control that Clark has, I don't see how can you succeed in Test cricket as a medium or medium-fast bowler.

well look at chaminda vaas then. of course vaas had exceptional control and swing/seam. but he's proof a 130k bowler can take 300 wickets in tests.

and we know that rajib is capable of clocking upwards of 143 k, but he often hovers in the 125-140 range. and he's done a top job thus far.

Kamnew
June 9, 2008, 10:21 PM
Does it matter ? Why wasting our time evalute him?

Because beforte you can blink your eyes, he will be termed as no good dumped for no obviuos reason by the selectors.

Giving him chance to grow and show his merit? Too bad....don;t look for logic from these buch of selectors.... see their thrend... see how they slected that spinner ( recommended by Rafiq) and dumped him, that bowler for one series and then they dumped him.... they selected Dhiman and then dumped him.... they kind of dumped Farhad.....See the thrend .....

its obvious that they will dump Dollar after this series, whether he shows some promise or not.... it doesn;t matter.

I noted Dollar is a favourite in another forum too!

By the way is he Taka equivalent?:-D

Eshen
June 9, 2008, 10:26 PM
well look at chaminda vaas then. of course vaas had exceptional control and swing/seam. but he's proof a 130k bowler can take 300 wickets in tests.

and we know that rajib is capable of clocking upwards of 143 k, but he often hovers in the 125-140 range. and he's done a top job thus far.
Vaas is a left armer, which gives him the natural advantage of being a hard to play bowler. I respect Vaas a lot for his ability to swing the ball on subcontinental dead pitches and control that he has over L&L, but with a strike rate in 65, he can't really claim himself a top notch strike bowler in Test cricket. He got plenty of wickets because he is a workhorse who bowls plenty of overs.

Incase of Shahadat, yes, he doesn't always bowl at express pace, but has the ability to vary his pace over a wide range, and thus prevents batsmen to settle down against him easily.

bujhee kom
June 9, 2008, 10:37 PM
i believe dolar has a very good energy-filled international career ahead of him! i think he bowled pretty good on his odi debut.
i predict bhai, $$$ jar naam, ajke market jotoi kharap thakuk dekhben rate ekdin high hobei!

al Furqaan
June 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
Vaas is a left armer, which gives him the natural advantage of being a hard to play bowler. I respect Vaas a lot for his ability to swing the ball on subcontinental dead pitches and control that he has over L&L, but with a strike rate in 65, he can't really claim himself a top notch strike bowler in Test cricket. He got plenty of wickets because he is a workhorse who bowls plenty of overs.

Incase of Shahadat, yes, he doesn't always bowl at express pace, but has the ability to vary his pace over a wide range, and thus prevents batsmen to settle down against him easily.

true. despite vaas poor SR of 65, his average still remains at 29+, which in my opinion is world class and qualifies vaas as being world class. he ain't legendary, and i think shahadat has the potential to outdo him (his SR is a whopping 52, but should settle in the high 50s), but vaas is very very good.

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 11:57 PM
Shahadat is much better than any other bowler we have. He will learn with experience. Our bowling without him is like Tigers of mirpur zoo.

Eshen
June 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
Thinking of it again, Shahadat is actually an exceptional Test bowler in our standard. Look at Mashrafe - his overall strike rate is 75.9, which becomes 83.6 if you take out matches against Zimbabwe.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/56007.html?class=1;opposition=1;opposition=2;oppos ition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opp osition=7;opposition=8;template=results;type=bowli ng;view=innings

In last three years, after his return from the last major injury, Mashrafe maintained a strike rate of 98.6!

http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/56007.html?class=1;opposition=1;opposition=2;oppos ition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opp osition=8;spanmax1=10+Jun+2008;spanmin1=10+Jun+200 5;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view =innings

Who knows, Dolar may turn out to be a decent Test pacer in our standard.

Fortuner
June 10, 2008, 12:49 PM
what is his height?
i wonder why we cant find some1 who is 6'1" or 6'2" with gud pace and variation.
Dollar. i think is no taller than 5'10"..
damnnnnn

Fortuner
June 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
what is his height?
i wonder why we cant find some1 who is 6'1" or 6'2" with gud pace and variation.
damnnnnn

Pundit
June 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
I believe the word on the Street has it that THE <THE>Dollar is very weak now.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
what is his height?
damnnnnn
The tall ones bowl spin. example: JSiddique, Anil Kumble, Daniel Vettori. Shakib, Abdur Razzak is close to six feet with snickers on.

The short ones bowl fast, I mean pace. Farhad, Nazmul Hossain, Malinga. :)

Fazal
June 10, 2008, 01:44 PM
The tall ones bowl spin. example: JSiddique, Anil Kumble, Daniel Vettori. Shakib, Abdur Razzak is close to six feet with snickers on.

The short ones bowl fast, I mean pace. Farhad, Nazmul Hossain, Malinga. :)

Because "Dhainnaa Moriche Beshi Jhaaz"

RazabQ
June 10, 2008, 08:16 PM
Meh, he who compared him to Nazmul said it best. He just seems like a slightly taller and faster version of Nazmul. He really needs to put on some muscle.

AsifTheManRahman
June 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
I didn't think he was ready for international cricket when he got picked and he proved that I was right.

al Furqaan
June 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
I didn't think he was ready for international cricket when he got picked and he proved that I was right.

almost got a wicket first ball though...but i think you're right

jisaan
June 11, 2008, 12:52 PM

and even after 8 yrs in int'l cricket HIS CAPTAIN doesn't look to be ready either!

Rifat
June 11, 2008, 03:51 PM
and even after 8 yrs in int'l cricket HIS CAPTAIN doesn't look to be ready either!

people, no offense to anyone, i realize people have differnet perspectives of the bangladeshi team but HOW CAN YOU EXPECT BANGLADESH TO BEAT INDIA TOMMORROW when you say something like this:

"and even after 8 yrs in int'l cricket HIS CAPTAIN doesn't look to be ready either! "??

Eshen
June 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
From what we have seen of him so far, he does not deserve a place in the team ahead of Farhad Reza.

BANFAN
June 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
Really he doesn't look at all fit for this level.

I don't know what the sellectors and coach has seen in him.

May be he was nervous in his first few appearences. :)

WarWolf
June 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
From what we have seen of him so far, he does not deserve a place in the team ahead of Farhad Reza.
And Farhad Reza doesn't deserve a place in the team ahead of Rasel.

So the simple conclusion is we need Mash, Rajib and Rasel as pacer trio.

Protic
June 25, 2008, 03:41 AM
WHERE IS RASELLLLLLL? CANT THEY DO SOME MAGIC N FIX W/E INJURY HE HAS?

And dollar isnt ready yet.. he doesnt deserves a place in the team..he's expensive..very expensive and gets useless wickets..we dont want him NOW.
Thats rude..but thats the truth.

Baundule
June 25, 2008, 04:08 AM
WHERE IS RASELLLLLLL? CANT THEY DO SOME MAGIC N FIX W/E INJURY HE HAS?

Rasel is NOT injured. He is playing for the A team. He is probably not good enough for the national team, at least how the selectors think about it.

sonarbangla
June 25, 2008, 06:05 AM
dollar isn't a world class material. Russel is 10000 times better. In fact, Mashrafee and Russel are the only world class pacers we have.

Dollar however, might do well in test cricket. ie. Shahadat.

sonarbangla
June 25, 2008, 06:48 AM
he is a crap. seriously i am surprised. why did ppl say so many good stuff about him? he is worse than nazmul.

sadhat
June 25, 2008, 06:55 AM
I wanted to write a comment yesterday, but I hold it for today. He is NOT good bowler against a good team. Too slow, little/no movement. We need a bowler who can bowl with speed and aggression.

sonarbangla
June 25, 2008, 06:58 AM
today was the first day i saw him bowling. even i could bowl better than him

Fazal
June 25, 2008, 08:12 AM

If you ask me, the answer is NO. And today exposed his limitaion. The fact is Rasel is not in the team. So its between Dollar and Farhad to choose from. People complain about Farhad being no good and expensive bowler and supported dumping Farhad and instead brining a new kid.

Keep on recyclining as if thats the way to go.

Babu... Akhon Keno Kabu?

Sohel
June 25, 2008, 09:00 AM
Today he reached his lowest point as bowler, just days after Farhad reached his. At least the hardworking Farhad showed some promise before being mishandled and fed to the dogs with new ball in hand. Team rules didn't help his useful production down the batting order either.

Who's next ? Milon with similar results to follow ? Shahzada ? Zia ?

Jaha bahanno, tahai tippanno. Time to get some specialist seamers, period.

sadi
June 25, 2008, 09:02 AM
Jaha bahanno, tahai tippanno. Time to get some specialist seamers, period.

Where can we find them? :-/

Pundit
June 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
All this defies logic.

Another sacrifical sheep!! When you have the far experienced Rassel...

...and boot that guy Kapali, ASAP..nothing but a onesee toosee.

We quickly need this to happen:

Mash
Rassel
anonymous (Shahadat # 1 candidate)
Sakib
Razzak

Sohel
June 25, 2008, 09:07 AM
Where can we find them? :-/

Talha is there and Rasel was something Sid "fixed" without anything being broken.

Rubel Edwards, Shumon Shaha and Shubhashish Roy can be sent to MRF for refinement and brought into the squad through the A Team circuit in a year or two.

Kabir
June 25, 2008, 09:12 AM
I just checked on www.x-rates.com, and looks like Dollar is doing not that great for the time being.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.png

There's been a sharp fall in Dollar. Last year at crunch time I sold some Dollars, and lost about $400.

Fazal
June 25, 2008, 09:15 AM
There's been a sharp fall in Dollar. Last year at crunch time I sold some Dollars, and lost about $400.

So what you are complaining? You are supposed to loose whatever you are selling. You were selling those $400 and still expecting to keep those? Moger Mulluk Naki...

Kabir
June 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
So what you are complaining? You are supposed to loose whatever you are selling. You were selling those $400 and still expecting to keep those? Moger Mulluk Naki...

Idea ta kharap na...then mamu, ek kaam koren...apnar gari ta amar kase sell koira den.

pappiok
June 25, 2008, 10:51 AM
he is crap bowler i ever seen in bangladesh. even im better then him.........hahahaha

The_Yorker
June 25, 2008, 12:15 PM
Who ever thinks Dollar is a good bowler, please think twice. Don't think like the selectors and the BC board.

Rabz
June 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
Good or bad, he is just not ready.
Thats all i have to say.

With Rajib out of form, we should not have had a rookie for first change.
Esp with Sanga and Sanath on song, any good bowlers would have found it hard to get going, let alone a newbie, given the pitch is a batting paradise.

But one thing positive about him, yesterday he looked really good while batting.
Perfect late comer and a clean hitter of the ball. Its cuz of him we reached 300 in the end.

If he can notch up his bowling a bit, tour a while with A team, polish up his short comings, i think he would be a handy option to have.

Im not yet ruling him out completely, but for now, he's gotta learn somewhere else.
Age groups, A team, academy team. Not in national squad.

Fortuner
June 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
I Wonder How In The World Did This Dolar Mahmud We Are Seeing Got A Hatrick In Domestic Cricket?????
He Is The Only Bowler So Far In Our Domestic Cricket History To Get A Wicket, Rite????

SS
June 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
1) Change the God damn wicket...enough of low pitches
2) Feed them with protein don't tell me BCB don't have money to get protein...I see officials getting nadus nudus and their kids but our players lack the structure.
3) Periodic evaluation of all the bowlers by specialist bowling coach including analysing how they bowl, what angle is best for them etc etc
4) Grass root development from teen groups until U19 levels to build proper structure for pacers along with mastering bowling techniques. After U19 emphasize on development of the mastered bowling along with experience.
5) Arrange frequent visits to play against A teams to gain enough experience. Playing against local team won't help that much as our local batters are too ordinary.
6) Mental health development
7) Eliminate the word from the dictionary of pacers who are improving while thinking about "Biya Korben". Dude if you are ready to play for the country, please sacrifice that. I myself could not sacrifice, that's why I am not playing or taking the huge responsibility.

There is no improvement no initiation...how we expect something to impress us?

Eshen
June 25, 2008, 02:05 PM
I actually feel bad for Dolar. He has been considered an excellent talent by many including Dav Whatmore. I hope he gets over traumatic experiences he has faced in last two matches.

He should have been taken off the team after yesterday's match, but I guess Siddons wanted to ensure total destruction of his self confidence and thus allowed him to play today.

KnightBD
June 25, 2008, 02:09 PM
Dollar should be tested as opening partner with Mash. He is a better blowler of a new ball. He might get some seam movement of the new ball.
And plz let Shahadat ball only after the mid of the innings. He is a swinger of old ball.

Blah
June 25, 2008, 02:22 PM
I actually feel bad for Dolar. He has been considered an excellent talent by many including Dav Whatmore. I hope he gets over traumatic experiences he has faced in last two matches.

He should have been taken off the team after yesterday's match, but I guess Siddons wanted to ensure total destruction of his self confidence and thus allowed him to play today.

So a players inability to perform well, is the coaches fault for giving him a chance to play and let him prove himself?

By you own admission it's unfair to drop someone after one match, qouting from a differant thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=701881&postcount=64

It will be totally unfair to Nazim if the management drops him after one match, especially after the long streak they have allowed non-performing SN to stay in the team.

Again here you said:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=701941&postcount=67

Once again, right thing to do is to give him a long enough streak in the national team. Send him back to the A-team if he fails.

I can understand that you don't like siddons way of coaching and you have a beef with him. Maybe his lack of hair, gives you a nightmare.

But using lame reasoning to undermine him, even if it doesn't make any sense, is a new low; even for you.

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Dollar should be tested as opening partner with Mash. He is a better blowler of a new ball. He might get some seam movement of the new ball.
His place is in BD-A and Rasel is in Intl. When you don't bowl correct line what do you expect in intl level? His leg side loppa's were worse than Shahadat.

Even a non-cricketing fan can see he is out of his league at this moment. Stupid selectors.

akabir77
June 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Whats with dav dav. he has done enough. All he wanted to have some win and in that process he used up all our talents. He has moved on and so should we. Thats why we still don't have a player who can play proper cricket. and now that we r trying to fix every thing so in future we don't have to start from zero some people r not liking it. Yeah dav gave us some wins but it was shortcut. this is the right way to go even if we don't have win. Even if we have a new coach in 2 years we should follow this approach.

We should also change our mind set hope for those chakka or macca mentality...

Eshen
June 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
So a players inability to perform well, is the coaches fault for giving him a chance to play and let him prove himself?

By you own admission it's unfair to drop someone after one match, qouting from a differant thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=701881&postcount=64

Again here you said:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=701941&postcount=67

I can understand that you don't like siddons way of coaching and you have a beef with him. Maybe his lack of hair, gives you a nightmare.

But using lame reasoning to undermine him, even if it doesn't make any sense, is a new low; even for you.
WTF ??? We may not agree with each others logics here, but please don't make it personal. If you don't like my posts, just don't read them.

Anyway, here is my reasoning - you take off a player as soon as you feel he is low in confidence. Now for a batsman, it is not so bad to score two single digit innings, especially when you know your predecessor was not doing that great either. If Nazimuddin is low in confidence already, Siddons should take him off by all means. But common wisdom says a batsman should not crack so early, after all this a batsmen's game, a batsman should always look forward for another chance to bat.

But for a pacer, especially on flat tracks like this, it's not all that fun. It's look all more miserable when UAE batsmen tonk you around. Again, common wisdom says a rookie pacer like Dolar won't be enjoying the game after this kind of experience and will be low in self confidence. Dolar's body language today also confirms this assumption (at least to me).

Eshen
June 25, 2008, 03:06 PM
BTW, Blah, I am not here to attack Siddons as a person. May be you are over excited and confusing me with others who are making fun of his physical appearance. I am here just expressing my anger and frustration with him as the coach of Bangladesh team.

MohammedC
June 25, 2008, 04:47 PM
He should be banned from Bangladesh Cricket Team http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/banned.gif

akabir77
June 25, 2008, 05:00 PM
In this process now we have a fan base who will start shouting as soon as they hear the name dollar in future just like Nazmull.

Nazmul was highly praised by the coach and hence was taken to NZ but he couldn't find his feet before people started saying Shanto is better then him...

I know selectors 1st choice was Nazmull but since he was injured they went with dollar. so ok he is bad and stuff but stop calling him names and banning him. its not his fault. and again

Test teams has scored more than 300 against us before even with all the bowlers u r naming here u thought could have changed the score line... so move on.

Sohel
June 25, 2008, 06:19 PM
He spells his name correctly with 2 Ls now, while Rasel is still missing a U, an S, and an L while burdening himself with the A that doesn't belong.

Ehasanul Haque and Faisal Hossain with their nicks? I've given up hope.

Foozy
June 25, 2008, 07:16 PM
The guy just needs more time... thats all... but for now he should be compromised from the main 11... We need big bro Russel back desperately....

Tehsin
June 26, 2008, 09:32 AM
There should not be anything personal against Dollar. As always, the management jumped the gun on this. new guys do get beat up a lot if they are introduced before their time. Dollar's in the same situation. He needs a couple more years to get ready for primetime. Drop him, it's for his own good and the good of the team and the team is ALWAYS the first (if not only) priority.

Just think about how many young potential pacers we have introduced over the last 3-4 years. It's sickening to see how this young talents get used and abused by the selectors.

KnightBD
June 26, 2008, 09:45 AM
Dollar is not tested well before debuted in Nat team. He only has a few FC and List A games, and the performance is not outstanding too! What's the reason for picking him up in Nat team so early???

cricket_king
June 26, 2008, 11:19 PM
There should not be anything personal against Dollar. As always, the management jumped the gun on this. new guys do get beat up a lot if they are introduced before their time. Dollar's in the same situation. He needs a couple more years to get ready for primetime. Drop him, it's for his own good and the good of the team and the team is ALWAYS the first (if not only) priority.

Just think about how many young potential pacers we have introduced over the last 3-4 years. It's sickening to see how this young talents get used and abused by the selectors.

If he's dropped then we can kiss his career goodbye. It's highly unlikely that the selectors will give him another go in another 2 years. That's the same with all our players.

detroitpagla
June 26, 2008, 11:25 PM
this kid remind me of Tapash Kumar Baisha even I can bowl like them and i suck!

Kabir
June 27, 2008, 08:36 AM
this kid remind me of Tapash Kumar Baisha even I can bowl like them and i suck!

Very well then. Thank God you're not in the team. Ameen.

James90
June 27, 2008, 10:17 AM
Horribley dire cricketer. Wish I could just recloatceate to Bangaldesh, have abiut of a career playting 2nd grade for Xox' s Bazzeaar or something and do a casohing/slecting job and stop these travesties from happening.