PDA

View Full Version : Tours, not tiers

jamshedu
June 8, 2008, 10:10 PM
An article very well written, by my compatriot on cricket match special, with focus on WI, BD, Zim and some NZ cricket discussing how to improve the cricketing structure of these teams. I will just point out about BD's discussion.

Since the article covers different teams, to get a deep idea of the concept, I encourage you to visit the blog and post any relevant comments. http://www.cricketmatchspecial.com/blogs/ cq is a westindian member with vast knowledge on other cricket teams as well. Still cq struggled to gather this data about different countries unknown to him. Please post your comments as an encouragement.

coming back to the BD team discussion, 1st there is discussion on Ashraful below the footy players' picture

If we were to take Mohammed Ashraful as counterpart and supposed that he wished to play Test cricket for England then his path might have looked something like this: - first class debut in Bangladesh in 2000/01 at the age of 16....

There is discussion about BD's tours deep in the article

Third, the various boards could try to organize more matches for the A teams and development teams (even domestic teams). For example, when England travel to Bangladesh one thing that could help would be to have England A (and England’s women team) travel to Bangladesh and play against various Bangladeshi sides such as Bangladesh A and the first-class teams.....