PDA

View Full Version : Epitaph: Bangladesh Cricket, 1979-2008

SMHasan
June 9, 2008, 02:17 AM
I am feeling extremely sorry to let you know that Bangladesh Cricket, who was borne in 1979, died yesterday, at his home in Mirpur, giving shock to millions of people all around the world.

Bangladesh Cricket, gave loads of promise, provided entertainment to millions of people. Bangladesh Cricket, has been suffering from a disease called 'Accute Mental Sickness' and was the first one to be the victim of the disease.

We, the Bangladeshi nation mourns today, we lost something valuable, something precious. Peace be on you my friend.

**Please leave your comments regarding this**

sunny747
June 9, 2008, 02:45 AM
inlillahi ....................

Nocturnal
June 9, 2008, 02:53 AM
[বাংলা]ইন্নালিল্লাহ্‌!!:sick:

আগেই বলি- আমি সবসময় বিশ্বাসীদের দলে কিন্তু গতকাল খেলা দেখার পর থেকেই মনটা ভিষন খারাপ :(

পুরা ব্যাটিংয়ের কথা বাদই দিলাম- টিভিতে শেষ ওভার'টা দেখে নিজেকে রীতিমতো প্রতারিত মনে হয়েছে - মাঠে যারা ছিলেন তাদের কেমন লেগেছে তা সহজেই অনুমেয়। এত নিঃস্বার্থ ভালবাসার এই তাহলে প্রতিদান- মানুষের কোটি কোটি টাকার ট্যাক্সের পয়সা দিয়ে এই সোনার ছেলেদের ভরন-পোষনের কোনো মানেই আমি আর দেখি না। একই ভুল যখন মানুষ বার বার করে তখন আর আমি তাদের সহানুভুতি দেখানোর পক্ষে নই। সব গুলারে ধরে ...... ..........করা উচিত :mad: [/বাংলা]

thebest
June 9, 2008, 07:07 AM
Rip

pilot fan
June 9, 2008, 07:09 AM
errrrrrr bit of an over reaction i think

Baundule
June 9, 2008, 07:26 AM
errrrrrr bit of an over reaction i think

many had the same ideas; but changed later. :-D
problem is 'those guys' are not as optimistic as the fans.

Pundit
June 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
g-t-h

SS
June 9, 2008, 09:16 AM
"Aei din din noi, aro din ache"
"Cricket e flop ar football e Bhutan er shathe draw korleo to haddudu kabadi ache"...ehhhhh ehhhhh

crikfreak
June 9, 2008, 09:48 AM
i'm sure cricket in bangladesh has not exactly "died" yet.. its in coma right now..so from here.. if a miricle happens.. bangladesh cricket will ive.. if not.. i'm afraid we'll lose our beloved friend..

lamisa
June 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
i am nearly crying.not out of frustration but out of sadness.haire,bod kismot amader.Allah ei deshe temon kisui dey nai,toh cricket theke ki r expect kora jay?

Kabir
June 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
Innanillah.

Milad kobe? Mishti aase to?

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2008, 11:57 AM
[বাংলা]ইন্নালিল্লাহ্‌!!:sick:

আগেই বলি- আমি সবসময় বিশ্বাসীদের দলে কিন্তু গতকাল খেলা দেখার পর থেকেই মনটা ভিষন খারাপ :(

পুরা ব্যাটিংয়ের কথা বাদই দিলাম- টিভিতে শেষ ওভার'টা দেখে নিজেকে রীতিমতো প্রতারিত মনে হয়েছে - মাঠে যারা ছিলেন তাদের কেমন লেগেছে তা সহজেই অনুমেয়। এত নিঃস্বার্থ ভালবাসার এই তাহলে প্রতিদান- মানুষের কোটি কোটি টাকার ট্যাক্সের পয়সা দিয়ে এই সোনার ছেলেদের ভরন-পোষনের কোনো মানেই আমি আর দেখি না। একই ভুল যখন মানুষ বার বার করে তখন আর আমি তাদের সহানুভুতি দেখানোর পক্ষে নই। সব গুলারে ধরে ...... ..........করা উচিত :mad: [/বাংলা]
P,
I saw things a bit differently in the last over. I saw "class" coming out of Ash. I saw maturity from a boy who never used his head first. I loved what Ash did (Maiden to Younus khan). This has send some messages I hope to the world.

Why did Pakistan let YK bowl the last over? To get his stat shattered? From watching the gentlemens' game for decades allow me to answer why.

Just as BD had conceded defeat middle of the their innings (batting), Pakistan conceded they could not get BD allout; not with Ash at the helm. The match was over and so to finish out the formality (40th over) they let a non-bowler bowl. Our Ash showed more class in not taking him to the cleaners and giving him a maiden. Knowing well he couldn't win the match, knowing well his silly 5/10 runs in the last over meant nothing, knowing that he is determined to show his coach that "yes" he can stay at the crease if he wants to, knowing how to return the favor on the opponent, knowing to protect the tail he did the right thing.

I am watching him transform. All he has to do is lead. The others will follow. All this time he use to lead on dhum dharakka batting and others followed him but now he will be leading to sensible batting and others will copy that as well. We didnot have De Silva, Ranatunga in our team so that our Jayawardene, Sanggakara would know how to bat sensibly. Ash will be our Ranatunga so that our Shakib, Rakibul will learn how to bat. That is how partnership is created. Without partnership there can not be a defendable total in today's game (any form).

By the way, from all previous coaches, commentators, mentors, selectors, fans; we have heard the following:

"Ash has all shots in his book. He can play and create any shots if he wants to."

How come Jamie Siddons is teaching him now how to play a cut shot? He didn't have all the shots in his bag to begin with.

Rabz
June 9, 2008, 12:16 PM
Well, you never know.

After dying on Sunday, 8th of June, our cricket could rise from the dead on Thursday, 12th of June, only Four days after its dead.

Just like the resurrection of Jesus on the Easter Sunday.

Could we have a Easter Thursday? :)

SMHasan
June 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
I think our cricket is dead, we are playing a team of 11 skeletons.

If we ever do well in the international arena then it will be a rebirth, but trust me it's dead for the time being. We needed 150 odd runs in the last 20 overs or so but our captain played only to save his place and captaincy - it did nothing to our cricket.

The captain and coach who think that scoring 234 runs in 40 overs is impossible - both of them should not be acting at this level. I respect JS for being realistic about our abilities but I hate the loosing attitude.

We are at the same place where we were 8 years ago, so why we are playing cricket? We rather play Danguli. There is no point of investing millions of dollar behind all these useless human beings.

Please don't tell me that I am a new cricket follower, I have been following this lovely game since 1990, cheering my team in 1994,1997 ICC tournaments. I had enough. These boys got no right to waste our money, our time.

On a serious note ICC simply should ban us from any form of cricket for 2 years. Yes, I am fine and I am feeling alright my friends. I had enough of this joke.

Signing off.

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2008, 12:37 PM
Everything has a ripple affect.

If BD gets 120 all out chasing 233 in 40 overs, the next thing one would see threads, newspaper articles like replace so and so good for nothing players, bring back old HB, JO, KM. They were better!! How about the incompetent selectors and coaches!! Things like that.

I would rather wait for a rebirth. These boys have no experience on FC cricket. Their learning ground is the intl cricket. Till BCB overhauls the domestic structure and increases significant number of FC matches, makes better pitch, creates better facilities one has to live with the so called death everyone is helling!!

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
This just may be a the begining of resurection of the team.

Loved the way Ash played, it was a totally different Ash. May be a few more such innings by Ash will make motivate others to follow. 2/3 such confident players in the middle order can really change the entire team.

But can't expect something to happen overnight.

T_E Post # 12- Superb, Exactly my mind. Thanks

Omio
June 9, 2008, 03:11 PM
I was so lucky I havent watched the match. I went for playing cricket and played with some cricketer who have played for BD team (Sofi uddin Babu,Imran Hamid,Hannan Sorkar and another two cldnt remeber their name.)

djnaved
June 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
ask crikfrik vai earlier said, our bangladesh cricket is in coma right now, arekta vul korle innalillah......

Miraz vai, kobir vai......apnara hoilen banglacricketer main manushjon........ BCB r shathe amgor kotha babosta koren plz......cricket ke konomote morte dewa jabe na:sigh:

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
...T_E Post # 12- Superb, Exactly my mind. Thanks
You are welcome.

Call it unfortunate, call it bad luck, when we got our test status we did not have a senior player who could show the ropes to the younger ones. Bulbul was about to retire, Akram khan and others were not test standards anyways. The only one who was of any class was our Habibul Bashar who was never a grafter. From where the younger generations would learn patience? They never did.

Watmore, did what he had to do to instill belief and succeed in the ODI format. Because of our standard we didn't do well in the test standings (not Watmore's fault by the way). For us to be competitive we have to learn the longer version of the game and the attitude that is required to play. Not T20 cricket.

That is why I think discarding Rajin Saleh was a bad idea. He was the only one who showed some resilience despite his short coming in skills. Ash's knock is as similar to Rajin. Hopefully his men will follow him on trying to put a price for his wicket and stay at the crease.

One must know how to crawl before walk. Walk before jog. Jog before running. We have gone back to crawling because of the insuffient structure and low standard of domestic cricket.

bengaltiger
June 9, 2008, 05:04 PM
Things are not going change by themselves so be prepared to see many many humiliation if you are planning on following Bangladeshi cricket. Our players are lacking a transition period from under 17, under 19 to international matches. Players in the int'l arena are wayy better than b'deshi players. I don't understand why we have 17 year old and 19 year old players playing while other teams usually don't have players this young. We need to have better and more competitive domestic leagues and our players need to take tours to other countries' leagues to develop and hone their skills. So once again, there will be no quick fix. B'desh will continue to lose consistently for many years unless these basic fundamentals are taken care of. Of course that's easier said than done.

Murad
June 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
If we ever do well in the international arena then it will be a rebirth, but trust me it's dead for the time being. We needed 150 odd runs in the last 20 overs or so but our captain played only to save his place and captaincy - it did nothing to our cricket.

Oh really? only 150?? we lost our 4th wicket in the 19th over for only 67 runs. That time 167 runs were required. And we lost our 4 top order batsmen. Ash was left in the crease with the taileners. And you expected him to chase it from there??

What is happening with you people? When was the last time we chased a total of 300?? When was the last time we chased a total with required run rate 6? Never!

Fall of wickets1-35 (Shahriar Nafees, 8.3 ov), 2-49 (Tamim Iqbal, 12.2 ov), 3-62 (Raqibul Hasan, 15.6 ov), 4-67 (Alok Kapali, 18.2 ov), 5-98 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 26.4 ov), 6-118 (Mahmudullah, 29.3 ov), 7-118 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 29.6 ov), 8-121 (Dolar Mahmud, 30.6 ov) (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/kitplycup/engine/match/345468.html?innings=2;view=fow)

The captain and coach who think that scoring 234 runs in 40 overs is impossible - both of them should not be acting at this level. I respect JS for being realistic about our abilities but I hate the loosing attitude.

Only Jamie Siddons think that it was impossible. Ash didn't. He went to the crease to chase it(according to DS).

Ash has disagreed with the coach many times about the scores in the past. ASh says we can do it and JS says you can't. You guys are fluke!

Nafis_BD
June 9, 2008, 05:51 PM
I agree with T_E bhaiya but what I am not satisfied with is how JS is so negative all the time. If you keep on demoralizing the team then there will be one point where the players won't even try to do anything cause they will think that nothing could be done with them. But it's true that we need to learn to crawl first before we start walking!

Great post T_E bhaiya even though there were a couple of points I didn't fully agree with!

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 05:55 PM
But it's true that we need to learn to crawl first before we start walking!

but the problem is we start learning how to crawl....then after watcing too many 20-20 games we try to fly.... then we fall down and break legs and then start learning how to crawl..... and the cycle continues.

Nafis_BD
June 9, 2008, 05:56 PM
but the problem is we start learning how to crawl....then after watcing too many 20-20 games we try to fly.... then we fall down and break legs and then start learning how to crawl..... and the cycle continues.

That's why our parents need to turn off the TV when we are so young.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
P,
By the way, from all previous coaches, commentators, mentors, selectors, fans; we have heard the following:
"Ash has all shots in his book. He can play and create any shots if he wants to."
How come Jamie Siddons is teaching him now how to play a cut shot? He didn't have all the shots in his bag to begin with.

He does but he playing incorrectly. He's teaching him how to play it down. There's a right way and a wrong of playing every shot. It's good that JS's expertise is being put to good use.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 9, 2008, 06:09 PM
I agree with T_E bhaiya but what I am not satisfied with is how JS is so negative all the time. If you keep on demoralizing the team then there will be one point where the players won't even try to do anything cause they will think that nothing could be done with them. But it's true that we need to learn to crawl first before we start walking!

Great post T_E bhaiya even though there were a couple of points I didn't fully agree with!

Yeah but breaking down arguably our best batsman's ego is one way of getting the message through to the rest of the team. If Ash listens and bats the way he needs to others who are just as important in Bd's batting line up will follow suit and maybe we'll see consistent scores being posted on the scoreboard which will obviously increase our total.

prantika
June 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
dead or coma....m not sure....but as a Bangladesh cricket fan....m doing what i suppose to do...."wait for a miracle.."....."wait for de right time.."..."wait for eid ul ashraf!"....wait ...wait......
i guess one day some of us are gonna seat near the TV...n sing...."buri hoilam tor karo na..paro cricket ra...bori hoilam tor karo na".....
besides...sreeshanth iz not in de upcuming matches!....n asif iz in de jail!....

dash
June 9, 2008, 07:18 PM
I was so lucky I havent watched the match. I went for playing cricket and played with some cricketer who have played for BD team (Sofi uddin Babu,Imran Hamid,Hannan Sorkar and another two cldnt remeber their name.)

sofi uddin babu is a murderer, heis the prime accused of a murder case in bd

Foozy
June 9, 2008, 08:30 PM
Totally agree with T_E , BanFan and a few others. I loved the way Ash played, and im happy for him. Wished a few others could stay a bit longer in the creace. Good to see Tamim still scoring. We are starting to get a few solid players in the team. Mahmudullah had one bad day... so what? (and that was just one example... i also think we are just about to get resurrected. Hope the India game has something in store for us :))

nahaz
June 9, 2008, 10:23 PM
I don't think it's dead at all. If Sakib was there , Ash would have gone for the win. He tried building a platform for his innings first, which is the right thing to do. I don't care that he didn't go berserk in the end, coz what's the point? We lost way b4.

I like Siddons' idea of Ash leqarning to play consistently, and the rest trying that too. But I think his delivery is wrong. Instead of making us sound like no-hopers, he should just let them learn to play the shots better. The team should definitely try to win every game as long as its logical...a problem with our players tho is they try to win with one shot or one ball. As a result they get caught, or hooked for six.They need more logic in their head.

I agree with others on one thing..Siddons does not have the right mentality. But if he can fix the players' deficiencies , I won't care about losses now. Just show some fight. Wins should be a by-product.we all need to work with what we got.

Maybe I should go study now. I need to work on what I got.:-D
Cheers

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 01:59 AM
In the quaran Allah has said, "wa tukhrijul haiyya minal mayyiti wa tukhrijul mayyita minal hai"

means Allah can make people dead and He can then make them alive.

So, don't worry. A wonder is awaiting for us.....12th June

SMHasan
June 10, 2008, 02:22 AM
I don't think it's dead at all. If Sakib was there , Ash would have gone for the win. He tried building a platform for his innings first, which is the right thing to do. I don't care that he didn't go berserk in the end, coz what's the point? We lost way b4.

If Sakib was there then Ash would have run himself out as he did it in Pakistan. If everything is in place to play a good innings then Mr Ashraful becomes his own predator. If no bowler can get myself out then let's do one thing! Run myself out.

My friends the true fact is - these players don't know how to build an innings. My Abbots Langley cricket team would beat them in any day, mark my words. My village team is way better than bangladesh team. These Bangladeshi players don't know how to fight, in fact they don't practice it in the domestic cricket.

If a player can't score in the domestic circle then how do you expect him to score in the international area? Selectors are biased, how come SN got selected? On what basis? They axed Junaid but on what basis?

No point of talking rubbish, making pundit analysis- the true fact is we got a wrong system in place, we got some wrong people working for our cricket. All of these are rubbish which smells bad.

lamisa
June 10, 2008, 02:23 AM

I like Siddons' idea of Ash leqarning to play consistently, and the rest trying that too. But I think his delivery is wrong. Instead of making us sound like no-hopers, he should just let them learn to play the shots better. The team should definitely try to win every game as long as its logical...a problem with our players tho is they try to win with one shot or one ball. As a result they get caught, or hooked for six.They need more logic in their head.

I agree with others on one thing..Siddons does not have the right mentality. But if he can fix the players' deficiencies , I won't care about losses now. Just show some fight. Wins should be a by-product.we all need to work with what we got.

Maybe I should go study now. I need to work on what I got.:-D
Cheers

arre bhai y do we have to wait for one player at this stage?1jon na thakle ki pura khelai shesh?that's wat we have to learn,ek joner mukher dike takay thakle to hobe na,everyone has to perform.look at pakistan,no shoaib akter no asif,tarporo ora fattaitese.

zainab
June 10, 2008, 02:38 AM
After seeing the score at 121 for 8 wickets, I did not think that they would have reached 163 runs. Poor Ash, I felt sorry for him, he did try to be careful with his shots, but I did not see that flambouyance, I never saw him go down on his knees and execute those beautiful shots. 3 batsmen made ducks, Tamim and Razak tried their best, I was disappointed with Mash, expecting some runs off him, but Razak has improved a great deal with the bat.
Hopefully, this team will have a better showing against india.

Nocturnal
June 10, 2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks for your reply Mijan bhai (post# 12) :)
Hoping for a better show on 12th (if weather permits- which I highly doubt!!) :flag:

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 03:27 AM
arre bhai y do we have to wait for one player at this stage?1jon na thakle ki pura khelai shesh?that's wat we have to learn,ek joner mukher dike takay thakle to hobe na,everyone has to perform.look at pakistan,no shoaib akter no asif,tarporo ora fattaitese.

emon o to na abar je Shakib khubi bhalo kheltesilo. Before his sudden century and half century against Pak, he is pretty bad form for a long time.

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks for your reply Mijan bhai (post# 12) :)
Hoping for a better show on 12th (if weather permits- which I highly doubt!!) :flag:

When we play good, wheather interrupts. :(

nahaz
June 10, 2008, 09:03 AM

Maybe I was trying to give u all some hope...Shakib was in good form with bat towards the end of last series...and he always can hold onto one end and rotate strike...the rest of the players can't seem to do that. I agree..at this level every batsman in the team should be able to turn around a match..but look at our middle order. Alok and Mushfiq just got back, Rakibul is new, Riyad and Reza are bits and pieces players. Aftab can only play for 5-10 overs max. Who else can u rely on? Sakib (and mushfiq) at least have brains. Ash isn't cpapable of winning any games by himself.

We need partnerships, and stability in our batting order.Siddons is correcting their techniques..let's hope it helps. And I also agree that our bolods should take every match seriously, even at domestic level. They should be professionals.

Dhruvo
June 10, 2008, 01:36 PM
Our crickets not dead its suffering from cricket cancer and its getting worse and worse but that doesn't mean it'll die lol ,it might just recover or might come to a position where we have to give away our test and odi status,we are lacking efforts.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
Our crickets not dead its suffering from cricket cancer and its getting worse and worse but that doesn't mean it'll die lol ,it might just recover or might come to a position where we have to give away our test and odi status,we are lacking efforts.
Thank you brother/nephew.

Like American Economy. In recession or not? half way in. Hopefully will get out of it in near future by bullying other countries.

Pundit
June 10, 2008, 07:52 PM
Dead or not, Bangladesh will continue playing cricket.

Dead or not, I will be watching them play.

Dead or not, I will support all players and staff most of the time.

Pundit
June 10, 2008, 07:52 PM
...if I don't like any of this, I suggest that I take a hike.

Pundit
June 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
In the quaran Allah has said, "wa tukhrijul haiyya minal mayyiti wa tukhrijul mayyita minal hai"

means Allah can make people dead and He can then make them alive.

So, don't worry. A wonder is awaiting for us.....12th June

Is that also written somewhere?

lamisa
June 11, 2008, 04:11 AM
Dead or not, Bangladesh will continue playing cricket.

Dead or not, I will be watching them play.

Dead or not, I will support all players and staff most of the time.

me too!!!!haire,class bad di,school bunk kori sick howar xcuse diye,ammur shathe jhogra kori khela dekhar jonno tarporo.....but i still dont give up hope,i still believe in them.

AsifTheManRahman
June 11, 2008, 07:34 AM
How many times are you guys gonna kill this thing?

SMHasan
June 11, 2008, 01:40 PM
How many times are you guys gonna kill this thing?

Sorry to say that this is my time, my first murder. I never commited any sin like this.

SMHasan
July 21, 2010, 06:32 AM
I thought death smiles only once in life, but now I see it comes several times :)

By the way, we lost the series 2-1 against the associates. Dead Men Don't Bite - our players are reminding this.