PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo and their stupid choice of words.

cRow
June 9, 2008, 02:54 AM
You might call me super sensitive but i have been noticing for quite sometime that with our every defeat Cricinfo comes up with harsh choices of words as the title. Looks like we have always been "Crushed" and are always "Hapless" or being "Pathetic". Come on, we are going thru tough times, a lil word of encouragement would be nice. all the other teams loose badly too but Cricinfo rarely calls them pathetic ( specially their beloved indian team ahemmm). So dear Cricinfo next time dont go too hard on our young boys, after all they are only 18/19, they might get hurt. And in case u do not know any other word in the english dictionary, lemme know, i will mail you one, No cost to you .... i promise.:flag:

Spitfire_x86
June 9, 2008, 03:07 AM
Unlike our superstar cricketers, they're good at what they do.

If you don't want to see those headlines anymore, tell our cricketers to perform instead of telling them to shut up.

BD-Shardul
June 9, 2008, 03:15 AM
A good SAT I (old SAT) reasoning Analogy test:
Cricinfo and their stupid choice of words.

BD players and their stupid, pathetic, hapless batting

scoilaheez
June 9, 2008, 03:43 AM
The live commentary is quite poor as well. that sriram veera seems to be a little biased coz maybe he is pandering to the bigger paki audience?

Baundule
June 9, 2008, 03:44 AM
The words are harsh; but true.

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 05:39 AM
They try to depict the exact picture. Accept it.

They are not bothered about your problems and necessities.

thebest
June 9, 2008, 07:29 AM
Enough of Cricinfo Bashing. Lets concentrate on our deed. Thank God I am fortunate enough not to watch the game.
I already promise to boycott all Bangladesh match till these Two Bolods (Rafiq and Super Loser JS) at the helm.
I don't mind losing; but I mind the attitude. JS instilled the defeatist attitude in the team and Rafiq as chief selector allowing this. After playing close to ten years at top level we are back to Somonjanak Porajoy. There is nothing Honorable in defeat. It does not matter whether we lose by 1 wicket (a La Multan) or by 100 runs (yesterday). In W/L column these are recorded as Loss. I would rather accept going for a win and lose and then those honorable defeat.

Rubu
June 9, 2008, 07:41 AM
You cannot ask them to shut up, unless you can make them shut up.

just perform, and those words will disappear. there is nothing wrong with calling a hapless performance a hapless one, and so on.

crikfreak
June 9, 2008, 07:56 AM
cricinfo might be harsh.. actually they are.. but come on.. shouldn't we be trying to shut them up by our performance rather than anything else.. i am tired of these defeats.. i don't mind bangladesh losing game after game.. what i mind is the way they lose.. if they try.. i don't mind if they lose.. but they don't even try.. and as for cricinfo.. they could use words that are a little less harsh.. but i don't blame them.. our performances are "hapless" and "pathetic" and so on and so on.. so whats the problem if they say the truth?

TomalCA
June 9, 2008, 09:38 AM
cricinfo is a multi million dollar business farm and they are here to make money.

and for making money, they will do what people like them to do, they will use the words what people like here and the words in people's mind.

they are NOT here for any charity or to inspire your so called 18-19 yrs old players or show any sympathy to Bangladesh cricket team.

roaring tigerz
June 9, 2008, 09:40 AM
you gotta call a spade a spade. i think the way bangladesh played was a disgrace to cricket. right now our team are a bunch of no-hopers and really no flowery words could hide their inadequacy.

Ajfar
June 9, 2008, 11:04 AM
amader shonar chelera ki korche je unader ke bolod ar gadha bola jabe na???

Kabir
June 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
cRow's reaction happens due to inferiority complex - RELAX.

Alien
June 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
Bangladesh does get good praises when we strike. Like when BD won against SA there was the headline "Ashraful scripts stunning victory".

At least we make it to the top news, be thankful for that.

al Furqaan
June 9, 2008, 12:22 PM
true. no problems with them. problem is with us.

this is why i no longer oppose S Rajesh's "manipulation" of stats either. we skew stats quite a bit.

Rabz
June 9, 2008, 12:30 PM
Mate, get over Cricinfo.

Like us, im sure, they have had enough too.

Soft words are for babies. If you want play in men's league, be ready to cop it.

djnaved
June 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
cricinfo is doing the right thing. Our players should read cricinfo's article. if our team learns from the basics in this level of cricket, then what could we say?

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 12:55 PM
cricinfo is doing the right thing. Our players should read cricinfo's article. if our team learns from the basics in this level of cricket, then what could we say?

Sure they will in future, first let them pass the HSC Exam first.

Kabir
June 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
Good one mamu :lol:

Omio
June 9, 2008, 03:13 PM
Sure they will in future, first let them pass the HSC Exam first.
Why not IELTS?

Fazal
June 9, 2008, 03:17 PM
Why not IELTS?

Forget about Five Letter Exams (IELTS) . Let them pass three letter exams (SSC, HSC) first. Have you seen their picture and how Pereshan they were?

Mav
June 9, 2008, 03:51 PM
You dont need much qualification, such as diction & ethical knowledge, to write for cricinfo.

sonarbangla
June 9, 2008, 10:51 PM
:-D u guys! calm down.. besi educated hoia gale abar problem. bidesh gea r fere ashbe na tahole.

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 01:50 AM
When BD beat India in the WC, a cricinfo article headlined "Verdict: Tigers 2, lamb 0"

And this was by an Indian. They give proper credit when and where it is due.

If BD boys can't earn that, we will only have to blame ourself.