PDA

View Full Version : Kitply Series: India vs Pak -- predictions? poll

Cash$$$
June 9, 2008, 02:16 PM
so who's supporting India and who's supporting Pak?? vote now.

Surfer
June 9, 2008, 02:24 PM
I am supporting India. But Pakistan seems to be on a roll right now. They cant even remember when they lost a match last.

Rifat
June 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
Pakistan: for biased reasons... plus if pakistan wins and if we beat india we still have a shot at the free coconut.

Cash$$$
June 9, 2008, 03:26 PM
I am supporting India. But Pakistan seems to be on a roll right now. They cant even remember when they lost a match last.

Trust me, Pak will have a tough competition from this new breed of Indian players. Rohit, Yuvi, Yusuf, Gony, Dhoni, Gambhir! ooff talk about firepower

Pak's winning streak includes 1 odi won vs india and 5 odis vs BD and 5 odis vs Zim

Ajfar
June 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
if pak wins india will be all fired up...n they will end up taking it out on Bangladesh...

al Furqaan
June 9, 2008, 05:58 PM
if pak wins india will be all fired up...n they will end up taking it out on Bangladesh...

who cares?

the indian team is quite young and the pak side is their best available. it will be an interesting matchup.

Nafis_BD
June 9, 2008, 06:01 PM
who cares?

the indian team is quite young and the pak side is their best available. it will be an interesting matchup.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. May the best team win.

cricman
June 9, 2008, 06:02 PM
if Pakistan Wins, than it's a virtual Semi-Final Match between India and Bangladesh, Winner Advances to the Final, adds some spice to the match on the 12th. Than Siddo Mia cn't say results are irrelevant with a place in the finals at stake can he?

So go Pakistan, Demolish India!

Eshen
June 9, 2008, 06:39 PM
For one reason or the other, I hate most of the Indian cricketers (not that I hate Indians in general. I have plenty of friends who are from India.) So Pak obviously.

MohammedC
June 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
I suppose this is the match thread , right?

actually I dont care who wins but would like to see a good match dominated by Shahid Afridi and occasional great fielding by Yuvraj. Oh I also would like to see a lot of controversial decision by Ashoka against Pakistan.

BANFAN
June 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
No question of liking and disliking, don't have any extra fascination or hatred for either as far as cricket is concerned. Team wise I think Ind should win by a good margin.

Would be nice if Ind lose, the series remains alive. :)

al Furqaan
June 10, 2008, 12:26 AM
dont know much about rohit and a few others. can't stand sehwag and gambhir...not a fan of dhoni either.

i like ishant, but love to see him get hammered. wierd i know.

only Pak player i like is wahab riaz. hate butt and akmal, moyo is OK, cant stand tanvir

zainab
June 10, 2008, 02:13 AM
Pakistan has won all their games against ZIM and BD who are way down in the ICC rankings. India won the the CB series against Australia, about the top team in the world. They will not have a cake walk in this match. Anyhow, I do not care for the pakistani team. Shoab Malik has a big mouth and I would like to see India shut him up.

Alien
June 10, 2008, 02:23 AM
Why did cash get banned?

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
Pakistan: for biased reasons... plus if pakistan wins and if we beat india we still have a shot at the free coconut.

Same here :-D

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 03:14 AM
Oh I also would like to see a lot of controversial decision by Ashoka against Pakistan.

:-D It will come, don't worry.

Cash$$$
June 10, 2008, 03:26 AM
apparently pitch is really dark, clouds are looming.... match starts in 35 mins!

last time india/pak played in a neutral venue was in 2006 in abu dhabi.

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 03:38 AM
BC Bangladeshi members who supports IND normally need to suppost PAK today, for our own sake

cricket_king
June 10, 2008, 03:48 AM
The Pakistani team piss me off even more than the Indian team lately. But I'm going to have to go for Pakistan so Bangladesh has the slightest chance of progressing to the final.

Cash$$$
June 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
fawad is replaced with Rao for Pak, and Raina, Yusuf added along w/ praveen kumar. No RP singh

Cash$$$
June 10, 2008, 03:57 AM
Huge cheer from the crowd, after Jeff Crowe announced India won the toss. Lot of support for India in BD even w/o dada

Shoaib Malik is speaking in his usual sleepy style

Yameen
June 10, 2008, 04:28 AM
come on india, smash these pakis up!

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 04:28 AM
Any link please?

BD-Shardul
June 10, 2008, 04:29 AM
Link?

taklima_naj
June 10, 2008, 04:44 AM
ind ar pakir khela dekhe ekhon ar valo lagena, ura khali 4, 6 mare wicket rekhe, ar amra chaya chya dekhi.

taklima_naj
June 10, 2008, 04:46 AM
paki abar catch miss kore!
amaderkhelar shomoy korena keno

Yameen
June 10, 2008, 04:54 AM
Link?

http://sopcastcricketlinks.blogspot.com/

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 04:55 AM

I have a feeling that pakistan will have their memories refreshed today :D

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 04:57 AM
BC Bangladeshi members who supports IND normally need to suppost PAK today, for our own sake

my good friend , its better to get into the final on your own steam, rather than depend on how other teams perform (im not wumming, just advice) . or bangla cricket will never progress :saint:

Yameen
June 10, 2008, 05:10 AM
Sehwag's decision has been reversed as quite clearly akmal didnt collect the ball properly. Reminds me of the rashid latif-kapali incident back in 2003.

Pakis trying to cheat again (as usual), but this time failing thank god

Yameen
June 10, 2008, 05:14 AM
100 up for india and sehwag brings up his 50

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 05:16 AM
akmal is the worlds most useless wkt keeper

mahbubH
June 10, 2008, 05:31 AM
After playing 11 consecutive matches against us and Zimbo, It is not easy for paki to compete against India!! Hope BD batsmen are watching this batting.

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 06:19 AM
India are on course for 400

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 06:41 AM
India are on course for 400

thats not gonna happen. may be 350

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 06:45 AM
wkt has become slower

BANFAN
June 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
Ind was set for min 350. But they seem to have lost the course.

Now may be 320 if they can play all the overs.

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
if they are lucky, they will score just over 300

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
can't believe moni had the decision wrong.

Russell2k7
June 10, 2008, 07:46 AM
^lol our umpires are like our players.

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 08:33 AM
38 extras. younis bowled another good last over

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 08:34 AM
330/8 .. a good score on this pitch. openers gave india a smashing start and middle order capitalised with almost all of them getting a good strike rate . pakistan will have to bat well to have a chance

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 08:47 AM
can't believe moni had the decision wrong.

Moni should not give any decision against India. To ICC, there is a priority hierarchy for teams getting benefit from umpires' decision. It looks like England>>Aus>>India>>SA>>NZ>>SL>>Pak>>WI>>Bangladesh>>Zim. Moni should maintain that, especially decisions against India will jeopardize his umpiring career.

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
Moni should not give any decision against India. To ICC, there is a priority hierarchy for teams getting benefit from umpires' decision. It looks like England>>Aus>>India>>SA>>NZ>>SL>>Pak>>WI>>Bangladesh>>Zim. Moni should maintain that, especially decisions against India will jeopardize his umpiring career.

may be he listened to you and didn't give a plumb lbw

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
After playing 11 consecutive matches against us and Zimbo, It is not easy for paki to compete against India!! Hope BD batsmen are watching this batting.
And do what? They can't emulate them. They can't come up with any strategy to keep the score down. The simple stuff. In a 50 over match they can only post 180 or so.

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 09:13 AM

fyo , india has been on the RECIEVING end of bad umpiring decisions more often than not , we could have won the test series vs aussies if it hadnt been for bucknor and his buddy , so your post is in bad taste

Nocturnal
June 10, 2008, 09:13 AM
India 330/8 (50 ov)
Pakistan 25/2 (4.0 ov)

Pakistan require another 306 runs with 8 wickets and 46.0 overs remaining

Rifat
June 10, 2008, 09:18 AM
"huzur" gone...Pakistan in deep trouble

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 09:27 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">Originally Posted by Baundule
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>fyo , india has been on the RECIEVING end of bad umpiring decisions more often than not , we could have won the test series vs aussies if it hadnt been for bucknor and his buddy , so your post is in bad taste

Your statement justifies my comment. :-D
unfortunately Australia is better placed than India in the ICC umpires' priority hierarchy. So, better luck next time when you play against any team other than Aus and Eng.

bengaltiger
June 10, 2008, 09:31 AM
anyone has any link for the match? thanks

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 09:42 AM
Your statement justifies my comment. :-D
unfortunately Australia is better placed than India in the ICC umpires' priority hierarchy. So, better luck next time when you play against any team other than Aus and Eng.

my statement justifies your comment ? .. whatever mate .. im not really bothered with what you think or feel.
even the aussie newspapers and commentators agreed that india was robbed on that tour , you obviously didnt watch any of the games and probably feel a bit irritated that your team isnt doing too well on the world stage, so you put down indias victories down to some imagined ICC heirarchy . try to play better cricket and stop looking for excuses L-)

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 09:53 AM
praveen got four

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 09:58 AM
my statement justifies your comment ? .. whatever mate .. im not really bothered with what you think or feel.
even the aussie newspapers and commentators agreed that india was robbed on that tour , you obviously didnt watch any of the games and probably feel a bit irritated that your team isnt doing too well on the world stage, so you put down indias victories down to some imagined ICC heirarchy . try to play better cricket and stop looking for excuses L-)

You are completely missing my point. The hierarchy came in a tone of fun; though in most cases that's true. I agree that most of the decisions went against India; the same happened when pakistan visited Aus (they were against 29-5 wrong umpiring decisions). Look at the priority hierarchy and you'll understand how this event supports my comment.

My team's not doing well has nothing to do with it. It's my responsibility to think about the problems of my team; so don't bother wasting your time on this. Better go for working with your team to prevent early exits from the next world cup.

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 10:02 AM
if you think that india and pakistan will exit early from any world cup now .. let alone the next one .. think again mate. a fluke doesnt happen always.
bangladesh did well to get where they did in the last one , and it goes to show how much bangla fans were expecting it to happen .. because there were about 4 bangla fans in the carribean .
and im commentinting on the india /pak match because this thread is about the tri series being played in bangladesh. im not too bothered about how your team does

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 10:08 AM
if you think that india and pakistan will exit early from any world cup now .. let alone the next one .. think again mate. a fluke doesnt happen always.
bangladesh did well to get where they did in the last one , and it goes to show how much bangla fans were expecting it to happen .. because there were about 4 bangla fans in the carribean .
and im commentinting on the india /pak match because this thread is about the tri series being played in bangladesh. im not too bothered about how your team does

ha ha ha. When India loses, that is a fluke. :-D
Or may be Azharuddin is responsible for it. :-p

Rifat
June 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
Pakistan is in all sorts of trouble 94/5

GothamCity
June 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
Looks Like Lawson got it right..almost.. Pak will lose by 150 runs !

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
Pak will lose by 150 runs, the prediction of their coach is going to be negatively true. ;)

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
Boom Boom. I want to see some Boom Boom

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
And here he goes 44444

Rabz
June 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
hey guys, lets not go there, shall we?

Desi daru, be careful what you saying.
after all, this is a Bangladeshi forum, and you need to be respectful about our country.

A_F, c'mon mate, you know better than that.
becharare shudhu shudhu guta maira nije eka eka moja loitasen.
halae to daru khaise, ulta palta to bokboi.

Nocturnal
June 10, 2008, 10:40 AM
Pakistan RR 6.08
Last 5 ovs 36/0 RR 7.20
Required RR 7.06
India RR 6.60

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
Boom Boom is Goon Goon

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Rabz;696298]hey guys, lets not go there, shall we?

Desi daru, be careful what you saying.
after all, this is a Bangladeshi forum, and you need to be respectful about our country.

A_F, c'mon mate, you know better than that.
QUOTE]

and you need to be respectful about mine , im here discussing cricket , i didnt start this veggie a$$es nonsense. just because its a bangladeshi forum somehow gives posters the right to insult my country?

Nocturnal
June 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="603"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">22.5</td> <td width="100%">Chawla to Shahid Afridi, OUT, stumped! Afridi telegraphed his intentions as he ran down the track too early and that allowed Piyush to bowl it quicker and outside off. Afridi had also moved outside leg and couldn't get bat on ball. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> Shahid Afridi st http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifDhoni b Chawla 23 (19b 3x4 0x6) SR: 121.05</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ajfar
June 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
bangladesh er sathe beshi khelte pakistan er bangladesh er disease e dhora felsee

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
btw RABZ , just because my nick name is desi daru , doesnt mean i speak im some sort of alcoholic and speak ulta sulta ;). its just a nik name , and im here to discuss only cricket and not either indian or bangladeshi politics .. and i didnt start this , your bangladeshi posters started it

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
That was huge 6666 by Malik

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 10:59 AM
7 wkt down- can pakistan score 200

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
India going to win against a happless Pak team and stop their fluke winning streak.

Well played but no match.

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
the winning streak started with a dead rubber vs india , and it ends with a meaningful match vs india . justice is served :)

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:04 AM
The nice thing to know is the average age of our players is only 23 and they are already stars.Great going boys :)

Baundule
June 10, 2008, 11:08 AM
Pak needs 12 runs (to lose by < 150 runs), India needs 2 wickets

CHABAN
June 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
Rahul Dravid's quitting as India Captain was the greatest gift to mankind during the last one year. God bless him and Royal challengers

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:12 AM
Rahul Dravid's quitting as India Captain was the greatest gift to mankind during the last one year. God bless him and Royal challengers

Agree 100%. Its a completely different team after Dravid retired. Dhoni is the best captain in the world at present.

Rabz
June 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
....to be or not to be,
that is the question.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
For pakistan not to make the second round in the WC was a fluke? What happened in 2003? Even in 1999 they lost to another associate team. Losing to lower teams in big stages is not a fluke when it happens multiple times.

Confidence is sexy but arrogance is the recipe for dissaster. I think Tendy will not serve India in 2011, big shoes to fill. Just the thought of it shakes whole India.

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
....to be or not to be,
that is the question.

You got it right

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
Malik gone one more wkt for Indian to humiliate Pakistanis

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
Malik gone one more wkt for Indian to humiliate Pakistanis

Yes I love humilating Ozs on a cricket field. Pakis are no match, absolutely no match

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
For pakistan not to make the second round in the WC was a fluke? What happened in 2003? Even in 1999 they lost to another associate team. Losing to lower teams in big stages is not a fluke when it happens multiple times.

Confidence is sexy but arrogance is the recipe for dissaster. I think Tendy will not serve India in 2011, big shoes to fill. Just the thought of it shakes whole India.mate, im indian . and if you look at the past few games , its the youngsters in india who have won games . sachin is great no doubt . but he is part of a team. dhoni is a good captain and we have a strong side even without sachin , dravid , ganguly and vvs.
im not being arrogant , im looking at whats happening.

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
What a way to stop their fluke winning steak. India's biggest ever win against Pak

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
Confidence is sexy but arrogance is the recipe for dissaster. I think Tendy will not serve India in 2011, big shoes to fill. Just the thought of it shakes whole India.

I think you are not watching cricket lately. With all due respect, Dravid and Ganguly are already out and Tendu is somehow clinging to his spot.

India's young guns is the new mantra of success.

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
Congrats India

Well done

Inferno
June 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats Dhoni !!!! You beauty. See ya guys for the final

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 11:35 AM
Points Table

<TABLE class=editorialTable3><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left>Team</TH><TH width=40>Mat</TH><TH width=40>Won</TH><TH width=40>Lost</TH><TH width=40>Tied</TH><TH width=40>N/R</TH><TH width=40>Pts</TH><TH>Net RR</TH><TH>For</TH><TH>Against</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=row1><TD class=left>India </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>+1.273</TD><TD>330/50.0</TD><TD>190/35.4</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Pakistan </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>+0.113</TD><TD>423/75.4</TD><TD>493/90.0</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Bangladesh </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>-1.750</TD><TD>163/40.0</TD><TD>233/40.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rabz
You got it right

...and i think you havent.

Desi_Daru
I think you are not watching cricket lately. With all due respect, Dravid and Ganguly are already out and Tendu is somehow clinging to his spot.

India's young guns is the new mantra of success.

tendu is ''clinging'' to his spot by scoring 100's vs australia in australia ;)

Cash$$$
June 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
poor Lawson...what have you done?

now all pak fans will be embarrassed in front of the Indians. This shows how strong India is, pak was in an illusion with their so called winning streak

Extremely impressed w/ chawla, and didn't expect P. kumar to do so well

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
mate, im indian . and if you look at the past few games , its the youngsters in india who have won games . sachin is great no doubt . but he is part of a team. dhoni is a good captain and we have a strong side even without sachin , dravid , ganguly and vvs.
im not being arrogant , im looking at whats happening.
You are not at this moment but right before the WC of 2007 most Indians were. Drummed up by the Media, Team India was eyeing for the finals before even leaving India. Tell me, I am wrong!! The loss against BD, okay consider it as one off, but what happened against SL? Had they won that game they would go through easily by the virtue of beating Bermuda to pulp. Come WC 2011 time, I am sure many (most) will forget what happened in the past.

As for examples of arrogance, here is Kumble saying to Mashrafe that they would not have enough time to rest after the WC and play in the series in Bangladesh (hinting nothing short of finals).

GothamCity
June 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
tendu is ''clinging'' to his spot by scoring 100's vs australia in australia ;)

A Tendulkar arrives once in a lifetime, but the 'team spirit' Dhoni has instilled
in this team comes once in many lifetimes. If I remember Sachin was not even in some of the final matches in the CB Series in Australia. Also I think in the Twenty20 WC Semis last year India won even without Yuvraj in the team, so over-dependence on one individual should be a thing of the past.

The IPL has also opened up a plethora of young talent for India. So it's looking mostly positive for Dhoni's Lads at this point if the 2011 world cup is the looming Milestone.

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
mate , the media drums many things up . doesnt mean the players feel the same. and kumble saying anything like that to masharfe is not possible, hes one of the most humble men in world cricket , either prove he said that or dont bring it up.
bangladesh played well in the WC and deserved that spot . but india losing to sri lanka wasnt a fluke .. sl are a world class side , dont make them sound like minnows

MohammedC
June 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
Points Table

<TABLE class=editorialTable3><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left>Team</TH><TH width=40>Mat</TH><TH width=40>Won</TH><TH width=40>Lost</TH><TH width=40>Tied</TH><TH width=40>N/R</TH><TH width=40>Pts</TH><TH>Net RR</TH><TH>For</TH><TH>Against</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=row1><TD class=left>India </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>+1.273</TD><TD>330/50.0</TD><TD>190/35.4</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Pakistan </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>+0.113</TD><TD>423/75.4</TD><TD>493/90.0</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Bangladesh </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>-1.750</TD><TD>163/40.0</TD><TD>233/40.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CI had the wrong NET RR now corrected it should be -0.778 for Pakistan

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
so .. what are bangladesh's chances in this series at home ? do they HAVE to win the next match ? or are there are other combinations ?

Russell2k7
June 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
Lol are our fans still rejoicing the WC win over India? Maybe thats why we suck really bad nowadays. India has become really strong after the world cup and so has Pakistan. But today Pak thought they were playing against a minnow team.

@Desi Daru India didnt create Bangladesh and came to "rescue" only when the show was over.

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 12:09 PM
russell , im not going to get into politics. but i suggest you re read your history . the mukti bahini would have been massacred if india had not declared war vs pakistan. pakistan surrendered to india in 1971 .. not to the mukti bahini .. and there is a reason for that.
the show was made over by india not by east pakistan. and it offends me to learn that a lot of indian soldiers gave up their lives for bangladesh independence and we are insulted in this way

Ajfar
June 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
kumble saying anything like that to masharfe is not possible, hes one of the most humble men in world cricket , either prove he said that or dont bring it up.

i'll find that article for u...

Ajfar
June 10, 2008, 12:16 PM
"Things haven't changed all that much in six years. Last month Anil Kumble told him that the Indians were worried about the window between the World Cup and the tour to Bangladesh in May being too small, the subtext being, you know, that they would be around till the end of the competition. A few days later the two sides met at the Queen's Park Oval... "

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/289073.html

Desi_Daru
June 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
well in that case i stand corrected , and i apologise. kumble should not have been so presumptous

Russell2k7
June 10, 2008, 12:24 PM
I could care less of what Kumble said one year ago. What matter is how our players perform now.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
so .. what are bangladesh's chances in this series at home ? do they HAVE to win the next match ? or are there are other combinations ?
No combinations. We are already out. This is just a one match tournament.

As for Politics, I am not sure who is reading what history!! Yes, we are grateful for the help India rendered in the 71 war. Specially with the air attacks. The cock fighting gave us the advantage. Also the shellings behind the enemy lines. The third helping hand was training our men throughout the 1971 and the hospital camps in Indian ground. However, when the Pakistani surrendered, they only surrended on paper (signing) to the Indian Army chief. Indian Army chief was escorted by the sector 2 Mukti bahini fighters. The Pakistanis knew there would be a backlash had they waited another day. The other sectors and the Indian troops had not entered Dhaka in Dec 16th. They were still waiting at the outscirts of Dhaka. Enough of Politics. This is not the thread.

BANFAN
June 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
russell , im not going to get into politics. but i suggest you re read your history . the mukti bahini would have been massacred if india had not declared war vs pakistan. pakistan surrendered to india in 1971 .. not to the mukti bahini .. and there is a reason for that.
the show was made over by india not by east pakistan. and it offends me to learn that a lot of indian soldiers gave up their lives for bangladesh independence and we are insulted in this way

You better read some history books, leaving the propsganda books. Will be useful. See how the battles were fought in different sectors. India definitely has helped us but Mukti bahini would have been masacred is a statement of utter ignorance, even the Indian Army who had been in BD will be embarassed hearing that.

As for Indian Army giving life, they have lost to pak in 2 previous wars, it was a perfect time when the enemy has already been hooked by BD, they took their revenge, we got our independance. So every one had their own cause for the war.

Indian Army reached Dhaka in 14 days, do you have any idea how they did it? Your ignorance makes me laugh and feel pity for you that you claim to be a Bangladeshi with such knowledge and attitude towards the war of liberation.

Russell2k7
June 10, 2008, 12:59 PM
Man forget the chance. There is just no hope with our 11 fools. I'll be just be happy if they put up a good show at least.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2008, 01:11 PM
D_D,
edit your post. This is a G rated forum. No need to show mastery on foul language. Represent your people well. Thank you.

Sovik
June 10, 2008, 01:13 PM
[ edited ]

that was uncalled for.

CHABAN
June 10, 2008, 02:23 PM
You better read some history books, leaving the propsganda books. Will be useful. See how the battles were fought in different sectors. India definitely has helped us but Mukti bahini would have been masacred is a statement of utter ignorance, even the Indian Army who had been in BD will be embarassed hearing that.

As for Indian Army giving life, they have lost to pak in 2 previous wars, it was a perfect time when the enemy has already been hooked by BD, they took their revenge, we got our independance. So every one had their own cause for the war.

Indian Army reached Dhaka in 14 days, do you have any idea how they did it? Your ignorance makes me laugh and feel pity for you that you claim to be a Bangladeshi with such knowledge and attitude towards the war of liberation.

While this is not a place for such a debate the reality is that the 1971 conflict would not have been resolved without the valiant efforts of both the MB and the Indian Armed Forces. They worked together and suppported each other and finally the result was there to see. . None of us fought the 1971 war but many of Bangaldeshi and Indians lost their dear ones during the war, let us not demean that memory by fighting over their sacrifice. I would request posters to avoid dragging national history here. Thank you

regards

Russell2k7
June 10, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, personally I hate politics and w.e. goes along with it. We do not deny the help of the Indians during the war, but this is just not the place to discuss such issues.

Cash$$$
June 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
how did this thread turn into politics from cricket! and 1 person got banned too....wow... I wonder what will happen day after tomorrow when India play BD... :)

al Furqaan
June 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
how did this thread turn into politics from cricket! and 1 person got banned too....wow... I wonder what will happen day after tomorrow when India play BD... :)

after india registers a triple digit win day after tomorrow, some guy with the nick pani_puri will come and go on and on about how kumble's humility fired up mash enough for him to bowl 10 kph faster than has ever bowled before or since. he'll also go on and on about how tendulkar isn't fit to lick rohit sharma's boots, and how india is now better than the windies of old and the aussies combined. etc.

for every sensible indian fan, there is a dufus who lurks around.

think about it this way, when a team has beaten as badly as bangladesh is, is there any reason for trash talking unless you're a sadistic prick?

if i talked s**t on the irish cricket forum, what would that say about my a) level of insecurity about myself b) the lack of cojones i have and c) miserable character.

Sohel
June 11, 2008, 03:58 AM
ALWAYS happy to see Pakistan lose ... :D

The better team won just as easily as they should have.

Rifat
June 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
ALWAYS happy to see Pakistan lose ... :D

The better team won just as easily as they should have.

you will probably be happier when Bangladesh beats them in the near future... perchance asia cup

Surfer
June 12, 2008, 04:59 AM
Chill guys, enjoy the games.

Fazal
June 14, 2008, 04:13 PM
Ustader Mair Shesh Ratee.

Pakistan won the game that matters most in the series.

Kamnew
June 14, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Fazal BD ustad lost anyway...

BD-Shardul
June 15, 2008, 12:18 AM

Somoy bhujia kisu manush....

Chance pailey.......

Fazal
June 15, 2008, 12:35 AM

Hi Kamnew... long time no see.