PDA

View Full Version : Solonamoyi Jammie Siddons

djnaved
June 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAyOTIz&mid=OA==

kon dhoronor manush uni bujhte parchi na, ek bar bole ek kotha arekber bole arek kotha...ki korte chai shea? ekber bole amra boro dol guloder ke haraite parbo na, akhon tar kothar sur change? ajob ek manush:-|

Pundit
June 10, 2008, 07:55 PM
Chokhe jol bhora djnaved.

kalpurush
June 10, 2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAyOTIz&mid=OA==

kon dhoronor manush uni bujhte parchi na,
:-|
You will....
It takes 12 years to understand a woman...;)
and 2 years a man....

bujhee kom
June 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
[/QUOTE]kon dhoronor manush uni bujhte parchi na, ek bar bole ek kotha arekber bole arek kotha...ki korte chai shea? ekber bole amra boro dol guloder ke haraite parbo na, akhon tar kothar sur change? ajob ek manush:-|[/QUOTE]

pura bangla cinemar line - bulbul ahmed(minus the babri hair) is jamie siddons, avijogi/avimani kabari is djnaved!

Baundule
June 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
gotokal indiar khela dekhei tar ei upolobdhi. tension a prolap boktese.

niroshu
June 11, 2008, 01:29 AM
Amar To Mone Hosse Ekhon Jammie Siddons Ei Cricket Ta Ke Bujhe Na.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

BANFAN
June 11, 2008, 02:28 AM
Bul Sh*t coach. If team does by chance win because of any heroic performance, he will jump into to take the credit.

He has already overturned so many of his own decisions, to safely say that he has nothing to offer. He is just expecting team to do someting. to rescue him as a coach. he is definitely praying for the team more than us at the moment. :)

BD-Shardul
June 11, 2008, 03:24 AM
Siddons need to be sent to Hemayetpur, Pabna.

Baundule
June 11, 2008, 03:54 AM
Bul Sh*t coach. If team does by chance win because of any heroic performance, he will jump into to take the credit.

right. he is undermining the team and he himself will take all the credit, if we by chance win a match.

lamisa
June 11, 2008, 04:09 AM
i still stand behind the coach.i knew it from the beginning that he had sth in mind.look people,even our players like him and he is a very good coach,see what he has done to tamim,sakib.dont you people remember what we did against nz in the test?against the saffers?its not his fault that our players didnt learn to hold on,so maybe that's why he said stuffs like that.

nasimul
June 11, 2008, 05:21 AM
Kintu Siddons to etao comment koreshilo je jara Bangladesher joy asha kore tara cricket bujhena, tahole ki eer mane aai hoe na je Siddons o cricket bujhena!!!!!

bossman111
June 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
Stop hiding behind criticism of the coach. You want a real perspective?

1. Bangladesh has the dumbest captain to possibly ever play international cricket.
2. Batsman have never showed a willingness to learn. At least Ash is starting to try.
3. The bats that have a temperament are simply not good enough.
4. People talk about us having wonderful SLAs. They are crap. Razzak is a terrible Test bowler and Rafique took 100 wickets at 40something. Thats a terrible test record by international standards.
5. Pace bowlers suck. Mashrafee is ok, but lacks wicket taking ability. Shahadat prances around like he is Brett Lee or Shoaib but he struggle to bowl consistently at 130. There are women who bowl quicker than Syed Rasel.

Reality check. Jamie hasn't got much to work with here.

sayem
June 11, 2008, 07:26 AM
Stupid cricket team reflects the ability and understanding of fans who are so like the cricket team ...Its so easy for you guies to look for a scapegoat..isn'it? What do you exactly know about cricket any way? BD are the worse team in the history and if teams like kenya and Holland had the same opportunity, they would go much further...I am with Jamies Siddons and he has my full support..He is doing a great job..it is the stupid team of Bangladeshi origin who are to be blamed..Please note...Siddons worked with the best in the business, best team in the world..Bd fans who critisise his style should take their idiotic comments elsewhere...I just knew it..tis would happen to him too

sayem
June 11, 2008, 07:28 AM
Siddons need to be sent to Hemayetpur, Pabna.u should be sent to a course which teaches people about Cricket....

nsd3
June 11, 2008, 07:51 AM
Poor journalist wants to cook out of nothing. It's easy to create chaos - that's what is being pursued by the newsmen. A good coach should always motivate the players and protect the players from any outside calamities. If the players are syaing that themselves - no worries, I believe. Whoever in BC doesn't understand that - keep crying.

Baundule
June 11, 2008, 08:09 AM
One serious question to JS fans: how much time do you guys want to give him before we start winning against quality oppositions?

(I am granting your claims that BD team is a horrible crap, all our past wins were simply flukes and none of the national team players knows even the abcd of cricket and so on)

skhondoker
June 11, 2008, 08:59 AM
One serious question to JS fans: how much time do you guys want to give him before we start winning against quality oppositions?

(I am granting your claims that BD team is a horrible crap, all our past wins were simply flukes and none of the national team players knows even the abcd of cricket and so on)

We want a real bold BD team with concrete structure. Do not want a win here and there....rather lose now but make the foundation strong as stone and then go for the kill. A great coach in my view. Should give this as long as it takes. This depends on the BD players and their ability to learn. In the mean time, we will be a little hurt with their every loss...but we will be fine for the next one with bold predictions again. We the fan loves the team!

Baundule
June 11, 2008, 09:05 AM
We want a real bold BD team with concrete structure. Do not want a win here and there....rather lose now but make the foundation strong as stone and then go for the kill. A great coach in my view. Should give this as long as it takes. This depends on the BD players and their ability to learn. In the mean time, we will be a little hurt with their every loss...but we will be fine for the next one with bold predictions again. We the fan loves the team!

So, you mean, no definite time frame? Do you think that is a practical idea?
What happens when a coach is changed? The new coach starts over?

Also, what is meant by making the foundation like stone? What is the method to know that the foundation has turned in to stone? And then we just jump up abruptly and start winning?

akabir77
June 11, 2008, 10:00 AM

1. Bangladesh has the dumbest captain to possibly ever play international cricket.

Not really. There are tons of them that was worst then him. I name one here Tendulker. BTW if your point 2/3 is true then how is it captains fault?

2. Batsman have never showed a willingness to learn. At least Ash is starting to try.I give you this that it doesn't show cause they get out in the same fashion all the time but ask the coach/any BD coach and they will tell you they r hard worker and trys at least in the NETS. its the pressure and other stuff that gets to them when they r in the middle.

100% right

4. People talk about us having wonderful SLAs. They are crap. Razzak is a terrible Test bowler and Rafique took 100 wickets at 40something. Thats a terrible test record by international standards.

Again shows your lack of knowledge on BD cricket and cricket as a whole. For your information Razzak was in top 10 in the world for some time. One cannot become that just by playing one or two good game. And whats the difference if rafiq took 50 when his age was 40/50/80? Point is how many matches he took? Also in those matches how many innings he bowled? On top he always bowled against better batsmen that he gets in the nets. So SHOW SOME RESPECT.

5. Pace bowlers suck. Mashrafee is ok, but lacks wicket taking ability. Shahadat prances around like he is Brett Lee or Shoaib but he struggle to bowl consistently at 130. There are women who bowl quicker than Syed Rasel.
Mash is ok but took the most wicket in 2007. even more then you loved bret lee!!! Shahadat is learning and he never said he wanted to become lee or shoaib. Cause he doesn't do drugs. And syed yeah he bowls slow but tell that to smith. He could take the best openers out with his slowers when he was in form. What good a bowler is if bowls fast and get beaten like the paki bowlers got yesterday...

Reality check. Jamie hasn't got much to work with here.Really? Then why did he took the job? I think he knows better then you and me what he does and what he doesn't. Not all the team has to have the same dimension.:-P

Beamer
June 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
Going by the article, it seems to be a case of coaching double speak, one for the players and the other reserved for the media. To make matters worse, I have a feeling that things are probably getting a bit 'lost in translation' for lack of communication skills. I think Siddons should change his tune a bit for the press. He should convey similar message to both the players and the press. After all, who wants to hear negative mindset coming out of a high priced foreign coach? I am not sure if his strategy is correct though it should not matter. Only what he says to the players and what they do in terms of results should matter. However, without the results, it becomes a problem with him.

Rabz
June 11, 2008, 01:02 PM
There are women who bowl quicker than Syed Rasel.

Not her,
Not Geoffrey Boycott's mom again!
Let that lady rest in peace,
if she is dead that is.

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2008, 01:06 PM

2. Batsman have never showed a willingness to learn. At least Ash is starting to try.

Reality check. Jamie hasn't got much to work with here.
Just answer the following question.
Wasn't these true for the last 3/4 years? Then how come we won few sporadic matches here and there against bigger oppositions? Why we need to lower our expectations when the situation didn't change? All of a sudden the opponents installed a higher gear? Rubbish!!

skhondoker
June 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
So, you mean, no definite time frame? Do you think that is a practical idea?
What happens when a coach is changed? The new coach starts over?

Also, what is meant by making the foundation like stone? What is the method to know that the foundation has turned in to stone? And then we just jump up abruptly and start winning?

When we start winning games with consistency. If we can make Ash and company to believe that every day can be our day, we should be fine. Enough of seeing Eid out of the whole BD team.

bossman111
June 11, 2008, 07:05 PM
I'm just telling you this from an outside perspective. This is what the average cricket fan from around the world thinks of the team.

OK I wasnt referring to Rafiques age. Im talking about his bowling average. I think theres only a couple of bowlers who have survived to 100 test wickets at an average of over 40. Great servant yes, but by no means an outstanding performer on the world stage.

I never said Razzak wasnt handy at ODI level. BTW his top ten ranking was pumped up a bit by his 34 matches against the minnows. In 3 test matches he is currently averaging 168.5. Take out the minnows and he is averaging 35. Isnt the worst, but by no means the best.

And Ash's captaincy. Come on. The point where I gave up on him was when he tried to get AB de Villiers out in the ODI series bowling double bouncers after he did it in the test match. You see kids in the park with better cricket sense than that. You can't deny that he lacks basic cricket sense. You can see it when he walks out to bat. Look at some of the shots he plays. Look at his last innings.

Yep Mash took 49 wickets in 2006. Lead the world on that count. 19 of those were against Kenya and 17 against Zimbabwe, and 4 were against Scotland.

I love Shahadat for trying his guts out everytime he bowls. I think he is talented, but he needs to get out of this mindset of being a lightning quick bowler and bowl good areas. He can become a workhorse, someone the attack can base themselves around.

As for winning a sparodic matches, they really have been on the back of Ash (Australia, South Africa), and a rare display of disciplined bowling (India 2004, 2007 and South Africa).

I never said that some of the bats didnt have talent. Clearly they do. That is why it is so frustrating to follow them. I just want to stop all this buckpassing. The buck stops wth the players. Its a players game, not a coaches game. Its not like football or rugby. The gameplan and tactics comes down to the skipper.

I just feel sorry for JS. He clearly made assumptions about the players, but when he arrrived I think he found out that some of the guys lacked the one percenters that you take for granted anywhere else in the world in their batting that make them solid international players.

Just my two cents...

Baundule
June 12, 2008, 01:00 AM
When we start winning games with consistency. If we can make Ash and company to believe that every day can be our day, we should be fine. Enough of seeing Eid out of the whole BD team.

I was looking for some definite time frame. Indefinite time frame does not work in professional world. T_E has said the rest.

Gowza
June 12, 2008, 01:21 AM
currently the team either plays bang bang cricket or block and stop cricket, i hope siddons is trying to fill in the gaps so it doesn't have to be just one or the other but so it can be various combinations of both. the team won't be able to consistently win until they learn the tools to do so and this is what i hope siddons is trying to teach them.

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 02:14 AM
Stupid cricket team reflects the ability and understanding of fans who are so like the cricket team ...Its so easy for you guies to look for a scapegoat..isn'it? What do you exactly know about cricket any way? BD are the worse team in the history and if teams like kenya and Holland had the same opportunity, they would go much further...I am with Jamies Siddons and he has my full support..He is doing a great job..it is the stupid team of Bangladeshi origin who are to be blamed..Please note...Siddons worked with the best in the business, best team in the world..Bd fans who critisise his style should take their idiotic comments elsewhere...I just knew it..tis would happen to him too

Sayem, There is no election going on. If you have to use bad words against some one and support some one, please back it with cricketing reasons. Tell something, what siddon has done so far that is good and why? Can you?

Gowza
June 12, 2008, 06:48 AM
quick list of the positives that have happened under siddons:

- test match playing has improved
- pretty dominant against ireland
- highest ever ODI batting score against a top 8 team
- players like shakib and tamim have done a decent job under siddons. for awhile tamim was doing a really good jon under siddons but he's fallen away recently