PDA

View Full Version : Stanford reveals US$100 million deal

Sovik
June 11, 2008, 01:09 PM
Antiguan-based billionaire Allen Stanford has confirmed that he will be investing US$100 million in a series of Twenty20 matches over the next five years which will make England and West Indies players among the highest paid in the game.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/90800/90844.jpg

The deal, announced at a slick media conference at Lord's, will centre on five US$20 million games between England and a Stanford All-Stars XI, drawn from the Caribbean, at his purpose-built ground in Antigua. The first of these will be held on November 1, Antigua Independence Day, before England head to India.
Source (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/354348.html)

akabir77
June 11, 2008, 01:17 PM
so no chance for BD players to play this T20?

Nafi
June 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
Erm what the hell is this guy on?

Ishtylish cricketer
June 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
Damn! WI players will play their hearts out. England will lose this match unless Pietersen and Flintoff play up to their full potential.

Sovik
June 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
Pietersen must be happy now

MohammedC
June 11, 2008, 06:02 PM
Domestic players in county circuits aren't out of it either.

11winning player will get 1 million dollars each. So if you are 12th men you dont get anything is that fair.

djnaved
June 11, 2008, 09:52 PM
IPL khotom, if standford agains spend enough money on this type of tournament.....it would be SPL= Standford premier League

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 12:39 AM
Unless BD starts performing, will have become an observer of all the ,illions and billions flying accross.

Many of our players were more than happy with what they got, so get married, sport a tummy, and chalked out there retirement plans as well.

Let them see all these and increase their hunger, to improve their performance.

Surfer
June 12, 2008, 05:03 AM
This is insane. Averaging about 30 mn per match....there is no way he can escape losses on this. And I am quite sure that his financial projections show losses as well. He probably wants to monopolize before thinking about profit.

They wont get the kind of revenue model IPL got because of the sheer popularity of the games in south Asia. They can not replicate that in the next 100 years. I am sure that they are working on a different revenue model and that there ate entirely different and monstrous goals in the long run.

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 12:59 PM
He has a totally different interest level than IPL. Each match will be more exiciting that the IPL final, simply there are much more at stake in one match, than IPL. And that's a do or die situation to bring out the best from all the players. Bcoz, the looser gets nothing .............

Real exciting.

Cash$$$
June 13, 2008, 03:35 AM
Stanford has huge interests in Carribean islands. He's definitely doing his part to keep cricket alive over there and to bring out world class people!

BTW, this sum I believe is the total for all the games that will be played for 5 yrs!

brockley
June 14, 2008, 01:10 AM
Bangladesh players have cartianly missed the cash cow i mean stanafords,IPL and ICL.

Rabz
June 15, 2008, 01:39 PM
পুরানো একটা কথা মনে পরে গেলো, যা আমি আগেও উল্লেখ করেছি,

পেটের ভিতর গু থাকলে জিলাপীর মত হাগা যায় ।

BANFAN
June 17, 2008, 04:24 AM
BTW, this sum I believe is the total for all the games that will be played for 5 yrs!

Yap !!

Each match costing him 10 millions :)