PDA

View Full Version : If BD beats Ind....What will be your reaction?

Cash$$$
June 11, 2008, 03:14 PM
What will be your 1st reaction?/ What will you do?

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2008, 03:19 PM
1st that is not happening. 2nd if just to make me eat my words some of the players play miracle innings and happen to beat India even by one run I would do the following:

Write a long letter to Mr. Siddharth Ravindran starting with:

Dear Mr. Editorial assistant of Cricinfo,
Look what happened. We beat India but could not qualify for the finals as you said we would in your cricinfo article. The reason being Pakistan got a bonus point and we wouldn't/didn't. NRR is not everything!! By now you should now it.

ehtasum_
June 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hmm.. didnt think about the bonus point.. so theres is no way BD going to finals/

Nafi
June 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
Content.

My indian friend, said I can slap him

ialbd
June 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
ar koto fluke er jonno doa korbo? I guess it will be a break from the all the doa/monajat & prayers...

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hmm.. didnt think about the bonus point.. so theres is no way BD going to finals/
You are 99% correct. That one percent belongs to beating India and grabbing the bonus point along the way.

Nafi
June 11, 2008, 03:36 PM

Erm no thats is very wrong

India's massive win on Tuesday means that only an unlikely defeat by more than 218 runs will stop them from making the title clash. That match also dented Pakistan's net run-rate to such an extent that even a one-run victory for Bangladesh will see the hosts through to the final.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/kitplycup/content/current/story/354369.html

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
Nafi bro,
My first post was to point the mistake that cricinfo article had.

Nafi
June 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
Wait why do pak get this bonus point?

djnaved
June 11, 2008, 03:48 PM
I better look for performance rather than wining. I want to see a close match between bd and india..although india will win..

MohammedC
June 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
I am totally confused about this bonus point. Where did that come from?

SS
June 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
Jhore Bok more
Fokirer Keramoti bare
E ar notun ki kire

RezOne
June 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
My first reaction will be that it was a total fluke. But I'd rather take a fluke win over another heart stomping, gut wrenching, vomit inducing defeat anyday.

Rifat
June 11, 2008, 04:19 PM
My first reaction will be that it was a total fluke. But I'd rather take a fluke win over another heart stomping, gut wrenching, vomit inducing defeat anyday.

Bangladesh defeating India and South Africa in west indies was NO FLUKE!!!

Bangladesh's success in 2006 was no fluke!!!

Recent series whitewash to the irish was no fluke!!!

winning at northampton? that was a fluke, plus we played like we had nothing to lose... we were like "let's end the world cup on a high"

winning at cardiff.... is a combination of the answer of prayers from fellow Bangladeshi muslims praying "tahajjud" to Allah and pure determination from Mohammad Ashraful and a lack of effort from the Aussies triggered by the absence of Andrew Symonds getting drunk.

that win.. may have been a fluke but most of our victories against top class is either by top team effort AND/or opposition not taking us seriously.

the truth is, in general our lack of quality cricket experience shows... patience, preseverence, skill, and valient attitude have brought glory to our cricket culture in the past and it will happen again!

Kabir
June 11, 2008, 09:21 PM
If it was in 2007 March, I would say - "Shabbash...just like one would expect".

At this point in time, I should say - "Fluke happens once in a while".

bujhee kom
June 11, 2008, 09:54 PM
will get a tattoo on my forehead "gray nicolls + gunn & moore = bad axe!"

Foozy
June 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
At the moment I would b surprised, and ill hope they can do it again.... SOON... so i can be convinced that it wasnt a fluke...

Foozy
June 11, 2008, 10:09 PM
Funny how this time around almost NO1 expects a win lol... so it will b one of those matches with no expectations whatsoever and just enjoy the match and hope they do ok atleast...

Cash$$$
June 11, 2008, 10:15 PM
i don't think this team deserves the no. of dedicated fans they have. Month after month, fans patiently wait to see some fight, but alas the team has failed over and over again. Personally, if they win today..... I will think that at least they have some fighting spirit within them still....

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 12:31 AM
Just enjoy the Buzzz all around ...... :)

Baundule
June 12, 2008, 01:06 AM
Dear Mr. Editorial assistant of Cricinfo,
Look what happened. We beat India but could not qualify for the finals as you said we would in your cricinfo article. The reason being Pakistan got a bonus point and we wouldn't/didn't. NRR is not everything!! By now you should now it.

I forgot about the bonus point too.
The bonus point issue adds to the stupidity of the team even more. I think, to get it we needed to score about 186. So, if they thought we can not win, 186 should have been the second target. BD management are real morons.

Russell2k7
June 12, 2008, 01:29 AM
If we beat this super charge Indian team then it will be our biggest fluke of all. But at least it will diminish some of those pains we suffered from watching our superstars bat.

tonoy
June 12, 2008, 01:30 AM
quit dreaming guys.

scoilaheez
June 12, 2008, 01:42 AM
The bonus point issue adds to the stupidity of the team even more. I think, to get it we needed to score about 186. So, if they thought we can not win, 186 should have been the second target. BD management are real morons.
I just did the maths and the target was actually 187 (we needed to get at least 186.4). With a few shots we could have easily got this, considering the last over was a maiden, ash played well but management need a real kick up their backside.

Antora
June 12, 2008, 01:59 AM
well, if BD wins...which they won't. BUT if they do. errrrrm ..i'll run around the house like a headless chook and burst into tears like i normally do?......

lamisa
June 12, 2008, 02:02 AM
if we win today then ami kisui bolte parbo na coz ami chillay chillay gola fatay dibo(ajke jano plsplspls amar gola fate!)

Razi
June 12, 2008, 02:07 AM
If BD wins today then i gonna hack cricinfo and delete everything bad they wrote about Bangladesh Cricket...!!!

Baundule
June 12, 2008, 02:34 AM
I just did the maths and the target was actually 187 (we needed to get at least 186.4). With a few shots we could have easily got this, considering the last over was a maiden, ash played well but management need a real kick up their backside.

Thanks, mate. These calculations should have been done by the team management (that includes captain and coach, too) during the innings break.

I have always felt that our players are skilled enough to play at the top level, but we suck in our head. Ecah player, each management guy, everyone sux. About the high profile foreign coaches, my observation says, it's not only coaches but also foreign officials in other sectors, do not change anything to our bad customs, rather they do adapt themselves to go with our tradition. They just secure their jobs, get money and leave.

nahaz
June 12, 2008, 02:47 AM

Geez, did they even know about it? We weren't that far off 186. What a team of bolods!

Tintin
June 12, 2008, 02:51 AM
Geez, did they even know about it? We weren't that far off 186. What a team of bolods!

I think it was more like 193/194 as it was a 40-over match, and the teams get a bonus point if their RR is +1 than the other.

Baundule
June 12, 2008, 03:19 AM
I think it was more like 193/194 as it was a 40-over match, and the teams get a bonus point if their RR is +1 than the other.

If I remember correctly, the bonus point rule is: if the run rate is better than 1.25, then the winning team gets a bonus point.

So, we needed to score more than (233/40 - 1.25)*40 = 183.

But these numbers are of less concern. The important thing is the awareness of the management.

Alien
June 12, 2008, 07:44 AM
Bangladesh defeating India and South Africa in west indies was NO FLUKE!!!

Bangladesh's success in 2006 was no fluke!!!

Recent series whitewash to the irish was no fluke!!!

winning at northampton? that was a fluke, plus we played like we had nothing to lose... we were like "let's end the world cup on a high"

winning at cardiff.... is a combination of the answer of prayers from fellow Bangladeshi muslims praying "tahajjud" to Allah and pure determination from Mohammad Ashraful and a lack of effort from the Aussies triggered by the absence of Andrew Symonds getting drunk.

that win.. may have been a fluke but most of our victories against top class is either by top team effort AND/or opposition not taking us seriously.

the truth is, in general our lack of quality cricket experience shows... patience, preseverence, skill, and valient attitude have brought glory to our cricket culture in the past and it will happen again!

Ireland beat Bangladesh right after Bangladesh beat India in WC. NO FLUKE!!!!

sonarbangla
June 12, 2008, 08:03 AM
1. Now its pretty clear what our coach is trying to do with our boys. Certainly this process will build up a great team in next 2/3 years. But he should consider Ashraful to send 3/4 down if he is planning this sort of game from now on. Because we have TUKAINNA players like riad, rakibul, mushfiq or sakib at the top. Let em take the single and then make Ashraful or Aftab play in the slog overs.

2. before this coach leaves, make sure that our new coach spend atleast a series under his super vision. Knowing what sort of plan/process are we going through. What should and should not do.. how to behave with each individual and so on.

Dev whatmore had a different plan and strategy than this new dude. And by the time he figures out where to put what... our team is all ripped off. More like we are doing a new start after having a tough WC like 2003.. :|

Shobha
June 12, 2008, 08:11 AM
Wear my full jersy (as seen on the avatar, oh yes) to college tomorrow....

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 08:53 AM

lol

Haider
June 12, 2008, 09:36 AM
ahahahha... u guyz are sick. Like i always say our players our team deserves our fans....
fans + players = kodu catagory =)

Fazal
June 12, 2008, 11:06 AM
Can we change the thread to:

Wen Ind beats BD....What was your 1st reaction?

Omio
June 14, 2008, 08:45 PM
Can we change the thread to:

Wen Ind beats BD....What was your 1st reaction?
http://mattw.de/japan03/profGood2a.JPG