PDA

View Full Version : The Official Shahriar Nafees 201* vs UAE Anticipation thread

cricman
June 12, 2008, 07:49 AM
The funny thing and the sad thing is you know it's coming, he'll than score 17 vs Sri Lanka

fwullah
June 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
My fear at this point in time is that we're going to lose to UAE.

The way we're playing - without our seniors, and on a neutral venue (outside Bangladesh), we have an 80% chance of losing to UAE. Our quality has gone down that much below.

The best (or worst?) thing that might come out of this is a sacking for Siddons and then may be Ashraful will be bold enough to quit captaincy.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2008, 11:40 AM
it won't be SN, in fact i hope he either gets pushed to the middle order or dropped. he certainly isn't ODI opening material.

my money on tamim to score 200 against UAE, if not that at least 195.

UAE will be crushed.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2008, 11:42 AM

The way we're playing - without our seniors, and on a neutral venue (outside Bangladesh), we have an 80% chance of losing to UAE. Our quality has gone down that much below.

The best (or worst?) thing that might come out of this is a sacking for Siddons and then may be Ashraful will be bold enough to quit captaincy.
sis,
UAE can't even match Ireland stride for stride. Be positive. I say if we bat first another 300+ score inshallah.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
sis,
UAE can't even match Ireland stride for stride. Be positive. I say if we bat first another 300+ score inshallah.

thats not sure...although incredibly possible.

if ash plays his natural game (which used to be 12 from 15 against minnows - but now he can minnow bash with the best of em i.e SN), and tamim fires (which he should) 320+ should be on the cards.

but UAE does have a very good bowler in Ali Asad, not sure if he still plays.

damn the day-night matches!

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
SN shouldn't survive till that time. The new guys should try to make some big scores. Like Raquibul or New JOish Ash.

Yasin
June 12, 2008, 02:52 PM

Wont happen. UAE have started a quota system where atleast 2 local players should be in the Starting XI. Dont know whom I will be supporting though. I love rooting for the underdogs.

crikfreak
June 17, 2008, 10:33 AM
Wont happen. UAE have started a quota system where atleast 2 local players should be in the Starting XI. Dont know whom I will be supporting though. I love rooting for the underdogs.

really?? i didn't know.. oh well.. i hope they get crushed.. coz if they win.. they might start celebratin out in the streets.. like they did when they won some gulf cup or something.. that was crazy.. way too much of celebration.. and caused a nightmare for us.. and also.. if uae wins.. i might just suicide..

i'm not hoping for a 201*.. but probably a 180+.. though i don't feel SN has enuf of confidence left in him.. i'd prefer it if tamim or someone else got it.. i also hope for a 300+ score from bd if they bat first..

Rifat
June 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
look,

the title of this thread should be changed to:

"the official shahriar Nafees scoring a rare golden duck against a minnow! thread"

because when we Pre-dict, nothing special really happens...(i have some special newb experience with this at BC last summer :D) cricman why are you ruining the fun?? simple question, are we tired of Shahriar Nafees scoring consistently against "minnows"???

I AM NOT TIRED OF IT, GO NAFEES :fanflag:

akabir77
June 17, 2008, 01:11 PM
at least we win cause he scores against them else we would lose against them too just like we did with canada(WC2003). And also we lost to IR cause no one can score. I wish we had rajin and SN playing that game too. if we lose to UAE or some one like that then you guys gonna cry and say we should have had SN in the team etc etc.

Look at the score cards without his big scores there are only one/two guys scores against minnows rest r as pathetic against minnows as the stronger teams. So instead of making fun pray that he continues with his form at least against minnows else we would see tons of threads in BC opened by the same people that are saying he is no good... and will target another guy from the team...

I will take any big loss against the strong team and live with it in exchange of a narrow defeat by a minnow.. I know how it feels when u face IND/PAK/SL people after a lost like the WC03. Never in my life want to go back to that...

cricket_dorshok
June 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
at least we win cause he scores against them else we would lose against them too just like we did with canada(WC2003). And also we lost to IR cause no one can score. I wish we had rajin and SN playing that game too. if we lose to UAE or some one like that then you guys gonna cry and say we should have had SN in the team etc etc.

Look at the score cards without his big scores there are only one/two guys scores against minnows rest r as pathetic against minnows as the stronger teams. So instead of making fun pray that he continues with his form at least against minnows else we would see tons of threads in BC opened by the same people that are saying he is no good... and will target another guy from the team...

I will take any big loss against the strong team and live with it in exchange of a narrow defeat by a minnow.. I know how it feels when u face IND/PAK/SL people after a lost like the WC03. Never in my life want to go back to that...
well said Akabir bhai. Shariar Nafees is the man who made the difference bewteen us and all associates. Otherwise we could keep on losing against Kenya!!!

Sovik
June 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
i will be happy with just a win. they way we are playing, UAE could upset us

cricket_king
June 17, 2008, 08:15 PM
Finally....a non-depressing thread after a while. Let's aim for that record 448 was it? By Sri Lanka I think...well whatever it was, we should aim to beat it, with Nafees scoring a double century. =]

habfreak
June 18, 2008, 12:34 AM
we cant score 448 even if we are playing a bunh of 5th graders...our batsmen don't have it in them o matter who's the opponent. so no double century or 450 hopes here as far as i'm concerned. i juts hope we get a good morale boost before facing Sri Lanka. batting frst scoring 280+ and then getting them booked for >120 will be good enough.

Antora
June 18, 2008, 02:57 AM
Ahahaahah! Sn 201*?!!!? LOL....
But i actually think Sn won't last that long, IF anyone is gonna score big....then it's TAMIM DE GANGSTAAAAH! ;)

auntu
June 18, 2008, 04:47 AM
Not a bad shout. Just 50 runs ahead

Mahmood
June 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
IF SN is in the team, BD will never have to worry about losing to any team other than 8 above us. We should bench Nafees agaist the top 8 permanently.

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2008, 08:12 AM
Anticipating a 201* against UAE - not so much an insult to the ACC champs, as would have been conceived had the same expectations been set against us, but rather a portrayal of the nasty little tangle that Nafees has gotten himself into. Oh the irony!

BANFAN
June 24, 2008, 09:34 AM
SN really missed a century today. After nazim's performance he will feel it more. Athar was promoting SN a lot.

AsifTheManRahman
June 24, 2008, 10:13 AM
Why does this remind me of the Ashrapullers thread?

Rabz
June 24, 2008, 10:24 AM
ah... SN definitely missed a chance.
Nazim didnt do any good to the golden opportunity given to him.

..and yes, the way Atahar was promoting SN, i wont be surprised to see him back in the next match.

James90
June 27, 2008, 10:16 AM
Nafees inis unthe unliemate minnowbashes. Can't belive tehty didn't pick him. He's \so good! Wants' too long ago he carved up Irelsand. Nazimuddin never did that. Hate he seelectors or whoever it was who said he could play.

Farhad
June 27, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nafees inis unthe unliemate minnowbashes. Can't belive tehty didn't pick him. He's \so good! Wants' too long ago he carved up Irelsand. Nazimuddin never did that. Hate he seelectors or whoever it was who said he could play.

Eating? :-p

bujhee kom
June 27, 2008, 04:23 PM
yeah, SN needs to back in the playing XI against india and the match after! let's say we don't like his 20-30 low score against big teams, it's still a lot better than 2-3 by nazim in the last two outings! we can't afford this! dolar should be benched at this point as well!

bujhee kom
June 27, 2008, 04:26 PM

yo, james bro, got your wisdom tooth pulled? you tripin pshychedelic?!:smug:

James90
June 27, 2008, 08:17 PM
Was heavily under the influence of alcohol at the time of those posts. Apologies.

Bancan
June 27, 2008, 09:49 PM
Was heavily under the influence of alcohol at the time of those posts. Apologies.

Lmao..Atleast you werent driving.....I hope.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 02:34 AM
Abir needs to sue BCB for denying him and our beloved country of this World Record.