PDA

View Full Version : Why this moron (Ashoka De Silva) still umpiring in BD matches???

Razi
June 12, 2008, 09:41 AM
I just can't understand why the hell this umpire always comes in the picture whenever BD plays. No other countries in the world are inviting this stupid to officiate in any match. He has taken Bangladesh down over and over again. Everyone here in BC knows how he did not let us win in the historic Multan Test. He also given pretty bad decisions almost in all the BD matches that he had officiate. Even when last time India visited Bangladesh just after the worldcup he gave a decision which is unbelievable in any circumstances. Dhoni was batting on 11 and India were 4 down chasing a target of 250+, the unlucky bowler was Razzak who had no clue whatsoever that why it was not given out. Afterwards Dhoni went on to score an unbeaten 91 which cruise India to victory. And everyone knows what happened with Mash today, it was the closest decision that i have seen not to be given out along with Razzak's one. Had Mashrafe taken the wicket of Sehwag who knows we could have had a chance to win the match as he was bowling brilliantly throughout his 7 overs spell. But the main question is its not the matter of winning only, why this moron is still allowed by BCB to officiate in BD matches...If India can complain against an umpire like Steve Bucknor then why can't we complain against this moron???

akabir77
June 12, 2008, 11:15 AM
he made us lose the game...

MORON

ehtasum_
June 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
hate this idiott

Fazal
June 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon1.gif Why this moron (Ashoak De Silva) still umpiring in BD matches???

Beacuse our BCB management team is full of Modons.

Kabir
June 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
What difference would it have made?

Razi
June 12, 2008, 12:52 PM

This is not the question my bro...i know even when Sehwag was not given out India had the upper chance to win the match due to their inform batting line up. But in cricket you never know what lies next and the way you are saying it seems ICC should tell the umpires not to give any lbw decision to minnows cause it will not make any difference. I am angry at this idiot because this is not the only time he has done injustice to BD team. But still BCB is very happy seeing him officiate in BD matches. I think Fazal bhai said the right thing that this modons will keep this moron forever...!!!

punjabsher
June 12, 2008, 06:19 PM
i saw this - and i was very angry. i once read on indian website that after IPL indian team is full of cash and we all know how they are biggest betting people. ashoka must have got a nice gift. :)

smashyboy
June 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
India has suffered far worse at the hands of Asoka De Silva. He gave not out even to clean edges while India fielding.

smashyboy
June 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
i saw this - and i was very angry. i once read on indian website that after IPL indian team is full of cash and we all know how they are biggest betting people. ashoka must have got a nice gift. :)

Otherwise BD will beat India by 200 runs :floor:

punjabsher
June 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
otherwise BD is more fit team - indians cant run much, easily tire. they are not naturally good at sports and are veggitarians. so they do this kind of things to win all the time. in 1980s they tried this against pakistan so many times but miandad and imran khan stayed true.

smashyboy
June 12, 2008, 07:47 PM
otherwise BD is more fit team - indians cant run much, easily tire. they are not naturally good at sports and are veggitarians. so they do this kind of things to win all the time. in 1980s they tried this against pakistan so many times but miandad and imran khan stayed true.

what the heck are you talking about :floor:

Abirz
June 13, 2008, 02:26 AM
Well the Bottom line is that by whining on this forum there isnt gonna be any change. What all of us need to do is that send an e-mail to BCB to take action to make sure Ashoka doesnt umpire bd matches in the future

or else we'll all be saying the same things after bd's next match in which Ashoka umpires.

CHABAN
June 13, 2008, 05:27 AM

Seriously, where do they find people like you? Pakistan won in the 1990s because you had a good team, not because some Indians are vegeterians.

scoilaheez
June 13, 2008, 07:05 AM
Asoka is seriously a fool, he hopes by pandering to the bcci he can gain a reputation... hope he never officiates again

zainab
June 13, 2008, 07:14 AM
Ashoka- BD's nemesis. Incompetent umpire, even I could have seen that Sehwag was out, Sehwag himself was about to walk, BCB has to sign for umpires, they should not have to sign for Ashoka, keep him out of BD matches. He is an absolute moron.
Even the commentators said it over and over again that Sehwag was indeed lucky to have escaped for it was plumb out. Felt sorry for Mash.

meazz1
June 13, 2008, 07:25 AM
I don't disagree with the thread opener, but the fact of the matter is we are always blaming someone for our own stupidity!! They scored the target in 34 overs, it was not even close to blame anyone but the BD team.

Our problem is, we are always looking for a cheap way out.
In the match of cricket, these type of calls by umpires are not unlikely.

Let's try to put a fair fight first!!!

fan_frm_the_uk
June 13, 2008, 08:05 AM
I thought ICC decides the match officials not BCB

smashyboy
June 13, 2008, 08:25 AM
In one dayers leg before decisions will always benefit batsman. I have seen numerous times Billy bowden refusing flat out for even plumb leg befores in one dayers but he would give out for the same in Tests. One reason probably is white ball moves a lot. Dhoni was not out in the previous match against Pakistan. but given.

Alien
June 13, 2008, 09:23 AM
Umpiring howlers happen every now and then. Get used to it. Thats just one lousy wicket we are crying about, India still had 7 strong left when the won the match. No point taking our insecurities on someone else.

kalpurush
June 13, 2008, 12:37 PM
Umpiring howlers happen every now and then. Get used to it. Thats just one lousy wicket we are crying about, India still had 7 strong left when the won the match. No point taking our insecurities on someone else.
You never knew!? India had the best of all time squad in the World Cup 2007, too!!
In a game like cricket, one bad decision is good enough to change the outcome. Even my eight year old boy was upset about the decision. :(

kalpurush
June 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
Another magnificent win against the Indians...:)

Abirz
June 13, 2008, 02:17 PM
I thought ICC decides the match officials not BCB

Yeah you are right, ICC decides the match officials, but we have to write to BCB first,writing to ICC directly wont have any fruit since BCB has to request the ICC for these kind of things.

Foozy
June 13, 2008, 05:33 PM
I felt terrible when that out was not given as well, but the fact remains that we are not even fighting for a win at the moment. We have to first learn to score consistently before chasing after umpires.
Ashoka always does this to our team. We definitely need to get rid of him, but first we need to fix our own problems.

Foozy
June 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
Win a few more matches again and then we can talk... rite now we are nobody... i think a lot of people here might recognize the term "dudh bhat" lol

Razi
June 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
I felt terrible when that out was not given as well, but the fact remains that we are not even fighting for a win at the moment. We have to first learn to score consistently before chasing after umpires.
Ashoka always does this to our team. We definitely need to get rid of him, but first we need to fix our own problems.

Spot on

Rifat
June 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
many times... we blame our players for failing... BUT i do agree that umpires like Asoka Di SIlva many, many times gives us wrong decisions.

however, there are few times when he DID give us right decisions(search on previous match threads) and that is what doing enough to keep his job as an umpire.

akabir77
June 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ashoka found his long lost brother today. His name is Nadir Shah... both r morons.

crickwizard
June 14, 2008, 04:55 PM
Ashoka is pathetic thing for international cricket. not sure ICC trying to balance diversity in their elite panel rather focusing on the qualification

BANFAN
June 15, 2008, 01:51 AM
He just can't get things right.

BD-Shardul
June 15, 2008, 01:58 AM
He just can't get things right.

That's why I always call him FELLU umpire.

lamisa
June 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
Ashoka found his long lost brother today. His name is Nadir Shah... both r morons.

hehehe!!but couldn't stop paki from winning,could he?nadir shah refused to 4 of afridi's appeals nd even i could tell from here that in all 4 occassions,the ball would have gone on to hit the stumps.1bar toh clearly bujha jachchhilo j middle stumpe giye lagbe:hairpull:

crikfreak
June 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
i hate that ashoka de silva.. stupid moron.. didn't let my mash get that wicket.. he was soo shocked.. felt really soy for him

i'm not saying that if sahwag would have been given out things would have been different in the end.. but still.. you never know.. this is cricket.. and also.. if sehwag was given out.. it would have taken the indians a bit longer than 35.1 overs..

but i guess.. past is past.. we should concentrate on the future and try and sort out our own problems.. but i DEFINITELY dont wanna see ashoka de silve umpiring bd matches EVER again..

Fazal
June 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
Why this moron (Ashoka De Silva) still umpiring in BD matches???

Beacuse you need to counter balance as there was another modon umpiring in the other end. Two negative makes it +ve I guess.

Isnaad
June 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
Why this moron (Ashoka De Silva) still umpiring in BD matches???

Beacuse you need to counter balance as there was another modon umpiring in the other end. Two negative makes it +ve I guess.

In this case, - and - does not make + so, math and cricket does not always match. I hope it did. :) Sorry abt that.

WarWolf
July 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
Does our top management have the balls to protest against Ashoka this time?

wiseshah
July 13, 2009, 11:10 AM
lets sign a petition form and send it to ICC though bangla cricket. some one plz open a thread and we should all sign

Akib
July 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
lets sign a petition form and send it to ICC though bangla cricket. some one plz open a thread and we should all sign

yea... that is going to achieve SOOOO much.....

<jaber>
July 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
Does the bcb get to choose the umpires?

Surfer
July 13, 2009, 11:41 AM
Ashika Desilve had failed a written umpiring test in Srilanka. Soon after ICC called him back into the elite panel.

Rabz
July 13, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hey, he raised his fingers for us today!!!
Not sure what was he thinking!
may be some good ol' Jamaican Vitamin G.
he is seeing things....

akabir77
July 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
he should be shot

Imtiazk
July 13, 2009, 06:14 PM
After we win a few more test matches, this paranoia regarding umpiring decisions will abate. Every team gets bad decisions. In this test match we got two bad decisions against us at the start. Kayes and Sakib. Usually the losing side remembers the bad decisions. And we tend to lose most, so we remember the most too.

However, I don't read anyone complaining about Mashrafe not being given out at 0. He scored a crucial 39 afterwards. I am not 100% sure of Kayes taking the slip catch. And was Best really out right at the end ?

AsifTheManRahman
July 13, 2009, 06:34 PM
Bangladesh 1 - 0 Ashoka

FagunerAgun
July 13, 2009, 06:43 PM
We could not win Multan Test because of
1. Lousy and biased umpiring.

Sovik
July 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
well, he got stuck with us

abz..+
July 14, 2009, 08:18 AM
well, he got stuck with us

yh i know everytime we play a test match his the umpire

akabir77
July 14, 2009, 09:47 AM
After we win a few more test matches, this paranoia regarding umpiring decisions will abate. Every team gets bad decisions. In this test match we got two bad decisions against us at the start. Kayes and Sakib. Usually the losing side remembers the bad decisions. And we tend to lose most, so we remember the most too.

However, I don't read anyone complaining about Mashrafe not being given out at 0. He scored a crucial 39 afterwards. I am not 100% sure of Kayes taking the slip catch. And was Best really out right at the end ?

we are complaining about his bad decisions period. it doesn't matter against whom it was...

Giving bad decision to both sides doesn't make him a good umpair...:hairpull:

MarufH
July 14, 2009, 09:51 AM
Beats me... figures...

Hyro
July 15, 2009, 02:43 AM
heheheh..u guys should talk to Pakistan fans about Harper one of these days....

Bad Umpiring doesn't cost you constant test match defeats..players do...

Thank god that he is not umpiring in any SL matches.....but this umpiring issue will be a thing of the past from a few months from now as the appeal system comes in....

nzfan
July 15, 2009, 02:46 AM
Bangladesh 1 - 0 Ashoka

For some reason Asoka seemed to be giving decisions on the final day,I was surprised

fuzzy
July 15, 2009, 02:57 AM
he shouln't umpire in any BD matches... he doesn't like us...

BANFAN
July 15, 2009, 06:13 AM
Because others don't take him and BD can't refuse him ATM. Beton to halal korte hobe oor :)