PDA

View Full Version : "I dont have a magic wand"-siddons, juicy interview

Shobha
June 12, 2008, 10:10 AM
check this out guys

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/interviews/international/2008/june/interviews-20080612-6.html

Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took. all together now, aaahhhwww (not)

akabir77
June 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
why is it juicy?

BANFAN
June 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
Same old stuff. one year almost gone,no sign of definite improvement yet. His two years will probably not end.

Fazal
June 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Sure you do Siddon. Keno Would converted Ash from Afridi Jr into Belim Jr. If that is not magic , then I don't what magic is.

Eshen
June 12, 2008, 11:35 AM
Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took.
Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, Jamie Siddons will be paid $300K every year. All he has to do is to say we suck and then go on a vacation. It's a pretty sweet deal for him. So yeah, it was an excellent decision that he made.

Ajfar
June 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
siddon er coaching...career down the drain...

Baundule
June 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
JS is the best pondit in the world. He is teaching Ashfool ABCD

Blah
June 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know whats wrong with you guys. Here I see positives inthe interview and you guys only see negatives. You guys are still leaving in the lala-land of BD performance during WC under whatmore.

Here is some food for thought:

* Whatmore had his way with bangladesh team for F-O-U-R long years. Did everything you could possibly think of to take bangladesh team to the place it was, which itself was nothing exceptional.That's all he could master with all his experience being based on subcontinental teams. Than he left us.

* Siddons just started. Not even one year. Not even the same team. There is no mashud, rafique, javed, bashar, rasel; as a matter of fact the average age of the team lingers somewhere around early 20s. He switched from being a coach for the world's best team to being a coach for BD and basically teaching them how to hold a bat and not get killed by a bouncer. He is still in the process of experimenting with the team; which whatmore got to do for four years with less than medicore results.

I refuse to believe that any coach in the world can do anything better than what siddons has done so far. During the time siddons was appointed as coach of BD four other teams also hired coaches; India, Pakistan, Srilanka and W.Indies. All these coaches had one thing that Siddons didn't have; which is an existing strong cricket infrastructure with already world-beating players. How is the absense of players like chanderpaul, dhoni, tendulker, shewag, murulidharan, vaas, yousuf, akmal the other coaches got and siddons didn't, is his fault?

Sorry to break this up to you, but Ash is no tendulker, and Mashrafee is no Vaas.

Yes, he has made some wrong calls; but the truth of the matter is that he really doesn't have any magic wand and any other coaches could have done any better than he has done so far.

I like the way he is approaching the team with a long-term plan. And personally I will take an ashraful who plays consistantly like kallis with low strike-rate than someone like afridi - a "could have been" that never was.

Brave coach! Do your thing, You have my Support!!!

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
Improvement may not be in the scorecard but improvement in shot selection and harping on new shots are there. Bolod'gularey to first'a bujhaitey hobey what they are doing wrong. Double digit score korlei bahadur hoiye jai ei gula. Aj'key Farhar'er line koi silo? Leg'a ball diley tho six-four khabei.

Blah
June 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
One thing I noticed about ashraful in the last two games; was absolutely non-existant in the ashraful we have knwon over the years. Ashraful today was more comfortable in his innings. If you guys go back and look at ashraful's innings over the years you will see that he almost always talks to himself during batting and is very fidgety and uncomfortable in his skin; a sign of a person low in self-confidence.

Slowly with more consistency, his confidence will improve and the team can only benefit from that. We need a captain who leads from the front with confidence and not hit 2 good-looking fours and gets out in the next over and score one fifty every 20 games with an embarrassing average. No that's not what we want.

Also, we scored more than pakistan scored against india. We also played 50 overs, unlike pakistan and india also scored at a slower run-rate against us than they did against pakistan. These are all positives.

Niceman70
June 12, 2008, 01:44 PM
I like the *new* Ashraful.

Yasin
June 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
Amazing posts blah.

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
I second that Yasin.

Just out of curiosity....do you think Jamie Siddons by chance reads our post in this forum?

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
I second that Yasin.

Just out of curiosity....do you think Jamie Siddons by chance reads our post in this forum?
No!! 100% sure!!

Blah
June 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
I am sure siddons has better things to do than to read un-educated, mostly negative comments by very passionate and unreasonably demanding fans of the team. I really hope he doesn't read us.

Gowza
June 12, 2008, 05:05 PM
i like the long term plan idea siddons is implementing and i agree it's going to take time to get the improvement everyone wants. i can't deny though that i've been concerned with siddons lack of research and the amount of time he's spent with the team. i don't think he's spent as much time with the team as he should have and although he might have done his research now (not sure whether he has or hasn't) he certainly didn't know much about BD cricket when he first started coaching the BD team.

could other coaches have done a better job? we'll never know.

Blah
June 12, 2008, 06:14 PM
I think coaching the BD team has a differant kind of approach than others, for obvious reasons, regardless of the coach.

Take for example Gary Kisten, he has to have the single most high-paying easiest job in the world. While Gary was good in his days, his job now is to coach a group of living legends. Yes legends, we are talking about Tendulker, Dravid, Shewag, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble. What do you teach them, when they most possibly know more than you? Gary has batting coach with Robin Singh (like they need one) and a bowling Coach with prasad. What exactly does he do? If we were to put Gary Kirsten as our coach, he probably would have shot himself by now.

While Coaching bangladesh team -- especially such a young team as the current bunch; not the old more experienced folks Whatmore was lucky to have (remember Khaled mahmud, mashud, Javed, rafiq, bashar, all playing cricket longer than some of our age) -- needs a more hands-on approach. Let alone having a hands-on approach, he is yet to have a set 11-16 players he can work on; and you would think it's the BD team that needs three sets of coach. Not India.

If you really think about it, at the upmost professional level for a coach like Siddons has the daunting task of turning this whole team around 360 degrees -- ALL BY HIMSELF .

A 300k/year doesn't seem that much now, does it?

Pundit
June 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
First we learn to play, and then we learn to win. That's the law of the Universe. Even Siddons can't violate that law. So let's stop blaming him with so much passion.

Hate is the most determined emotion.

I hope he keeps on running regular batting workshops for the national and A teams.

And the only folks bowling in ODI's should be Mash, Razzak, Rassel, Sakib and an able (given the opposition) and in-form, environment suited 5th bowler.

We need someone to work hard with Shahadat.

Rafique miah...any chance of you coming out of retirement just for ODIs?

Blah
June 12, 2008, 09:41 PM
I also want to point out that, when siddons says that coaching BD team is the best decision he ever made; thats a lot of respect he is giving towards the team and the players. The least we can do is return the respect and give him some time.

Some can argue that Siddons was just being pretentious; but if you followed him around sometime during the games and see his candid reaction (when he is not aware of the camera being on him) you can see his genuine reaction. One incident I can remember from todays game was when shewag almost dropped a catch from BD batsmen by colliding with another fielder. You should have seen Siddons reaction.

That, my friend is the reaction of someone who cares.

Orpheus
June 13, 2008, 01:44 AM
Blah, how much of that 300K is siddon paying you to talk all this non-sense (the last post)? :p

agree with your previous posts though...We should definitely give Siddons some time. Yeah we are not winning but we are trying out different things, which only means siddon is working (the reason he was hired). Success will take a lot longer...or not come at all...lol...so, everyone just relax ok....

The only problem I have with him is the selection....He is talking about long term change, yet he keeps on taking players like Forhad Reza. I don't think our team will go anywhere with a player like that. I never understood reza's inclusion over shahadat or rasel... I don't think his extra 10 runs with the bat does much if he can't give less than 10 a over when bowling..

Abirz
June 13, 2008, 02:06 AM
I have a magic solution for this team, bring back Javed Omar and Habibul Bashar.

Its digusting how a senior test player who has served us for soo many years gets treated for a little bad form. BRING BACK BASHAR!!

Sohel
June 13, 2008, 03:04 AM
One needs to PLAY shots before we talk about anybody's "improvement in shot selection".

Aritro
June 13, 2008, 03:12 AM
One needs to PLAY shots before we talk about anybody's "improvement in shot selection".
Eh?

Is this about Ashraful? I've not seen either of his innings.

ehteshamul
June 13, 2008, 05:47 AM
check this out guys

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/interviews/international/2008/june/interviews-20080612-6.html

Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took. all together now, aaahhhwww (not)

Hello Shobha,

Thanks for opening the thread on JS Interview.

I appreciate your efforts in digging out this one which many of us have been longing for.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

ehteshamul
June 13, 2008, 06:11 AM
A goods innings from Siddons in terms of the Interview.

Can't complain much. He was spot on .

He is not doing bad either in his guidance of the boys at the recently concluded triangular against Pakistan and India taking into consideration our limitations and the fact we were up against the heavyweights of cricket composed of star studded and world class players with tons of experience and proven results.

I am afraid gradingwise I have to give him a B for the intervew

where B = good (70%–79%)

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Blah
June 14, 2008, 04:16 AM
Blah, how much of that 300K is siddon paying you to talk all this non-sense (the last post)? :p

Sorry, I can't disclose the content of the agreement we had. But it pays the bills, if thats what you mean.

BANFAN
June 14, 2008, 05:17 AM
It is easy to say 'have patience, things wil change'. But it is a little unrealistic to expect something while there is no indicator to back that up.

It is even more unscientific and illogical, to say that it will turn to a positive direction, while all the indicators show an opposite trend.

It is suspiscious when someone says two years repeatedly, even after half the time is finished.

What are you doing JS? Either show some result or some action, unfortunatey we see nothing. If just advising Ash to be more consistant, is worth 300K/Y, Even jalal knew it before him and took appropriate action, free of cost. :)

Pundit
June 14, 2008, 08:52 AM

Not playing any shot is also a type of shot selection.

You are SELECTING not to play a shot. And hence you do not nick to the slip.

Rifat
June 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
:floor::floor:Not playing any shot is also a type of shot selection.

You are SELECTING not to play a shot. And hence you do not nick to the slip.

Haider
June 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
Dude.. Jamie Siddon got a lot in his hand.. It looks to me that he doesn't only have the amateur team to coach and babysit.. he also have the idiotic moronic ish-tupid fans to coach as well..
I feel for that man.. its good he's already bald.

Haider
June 14, 2008, 01:26 PM
It is easy to say 'have patience, things wil change'. But it is a little unrealistic to expect something while there is no indicator to back that up.

It is even more unscientific and illogical, to say that it will turn to a positive direction, while all the indicators show an opposite trend.

It is suspiscious when someone says two years repeatedly, even after half the time is finished.

What are you doing JS? Either show some result or some action, unfortunatey we see nothing. If just advising Ash to be more consistant, is worth 300K/Y, Even jalal knew it before him and took appropriate action, free of cost. :)

"indicators", "unscientific", "illogical", "suspicious"??
U outta ur mind my friend

:shh:
Take a deep breath and say "OOOOOOSAAAAA" three timez
Drink milk .. it will do ur mind and body good.

Pundit
June 14, 2008, 11:28 PM
It is easy to say "we are fully destroyed, things will never change." But it is realistic to wait and see how the benefits of real training bear fruit, given the right time.

It is sound and professional, and a reflection of mental maturity, not to say that we should burn the fort at the first sign of challenge, when the going is the most difficult.

It is a matter of conviction that the true level of application is being exerted, even though we have done so for only half the time, while coal becomes steel in 2 million years.

What are you doing JS? Show us how professionals approach the game, even though we cannot see anything. Advising Ash to be consistant, I know even Jalal could have done so for free of cost, but who can truly show him that when the going gets real tough in the middle...where boyz need to become men, and amateurs give way to real Savants who get paid $300K.

BANFAN
June 15, 2008, 12:01 AM
:/)

When people start seeing/visualizng things which aren't real.

It's called, Hallucination / Illusion / Figment of the imagination / Phantasm ......

Advice: Immediately start 5% dextrose and consult your physician

Rush my friend/s :) :) :)

Gowza
June 15, 2008, 03:53 AM
these are a couple of positives that have happened since siddons has been coach:

- 2 out of the 3 highest ever BD ODI scores have happened

- the highest ever BD test match partnership happened

- i'm not 100% certain on this but i think ashraful currently has his highest ever ODI average (and during siddons time averages 29.4 in ODIs)

- shakib got his first century against a top 8 team

- shahadat got the 2nd best bowling figures in an innings for a BD bowler in a test match

- ditto but swap the word innings with match

- tamim got the 2nd highest score in a ODI by a BD player

- reza got the 4th best ODI bowling figures by a BD player

- BD have never got out for less than 100 in a test innings

- BD got a 3-0 win over ireland and were pretty dominant

- tamim was averaging 19.4 in ODIs before siddons, now he averages 26.7 and in the time siddons has been coach he averages 35 (and he got his first ever ODI century)

take what you want from that, you may still think he's a bad coach but i think it's unfair to say there have been no positives under siddons.

also didn't we get a new head of BCB and new selectors around the time siddons came in? it's tough enough just to bring in a new coach but a lot of major things changed around the time siddons came in which would have an effect.

lamisa
June 15, 2008, 04:16 AM
i dont feel like explaining anything here but i stand behind JS.

Pundit
June 15, 2008, 08:20 AM
Ms. Lamisa, you rock.

Mr. Gowza, you are The Rock.

Aritro
June 15, 2008, 10:10 AM
these are a couple of positives that have happened since siddons has been coach:

- 2 out of the 3 highest ever BD ODI scores have happened

- the highest ever BD test match partnership happened

- i'm not 100% certain on this but i think ashraful currently has his highest ever ODI average (and during siddons time averages 29.4 in ODIs)

- shakib got his first century against a top 8 team

- shahadat got the 2nd best bowling figures in an innings for a BD bowler in a test match

- ditto but swap the word innings with match

- tamim got the 2nd highest score in a ODI by a BD player

- reza got the 4th best ODI bowling figures by a BD player

- BD have never got out for less than 100 in a test innings

- BD got a 3-0 win over ireland and were pretty dominant

- tamim was averaging 19.4 in ODIs before siddons, now he averages 26.7 and in the time siddons has been coach he averages 35 (and he got his first ever ODI century)

take what you want from that, you may still think he's a bad coach but i think it's unfair to say there have been no positives under siddons.

also didn't we get a new head of BCB and new selectors around the time siddons came in? it's tough enough just to bring in a new coach but a lot of major things changed around the time siddons came in which would have an effect.

Excellent post, that. I'm not entirely pro-Siddons but this has brought some perspective.

Kabir
June 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
Excellent posts Blah and Gowza.

While I myself lost my patience with the coach at some points, I did have a post at the time that Siddons was hired. And in the post I said - "please give him at least a year before you expect anything to happen".

One thing which no coach can do for you is go out there and play the shots for the boys. It's high time that you all understand that. Siddons is there to tame guys like Tamim, Aftab, and Ashraful...and give some cricketing skills to Sakib, Rakib, and all these. What he means by "I don't have a magic want" is simply this - "I cannot make them play anything other than what they want to when they're in the middle".

I won't disagree that he's taken way too many vacations in b/w the tours, and hasn't spent much time with the team. This is the only weak point. But having him as a coach for a good two years will only show improvement in the team.

dash
June 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
Look Js is not our enemy,
nd cant blame our pathetic performences for JS,
but y some of us r frustrated coz of his attitude
that we cnt win a game, nd he is starting from scratch,
nd no work has been done before him,
its more like AL-BNP politics, who claims that last government was a dark age.
problem with this attitude is that what happens when he leaves,
will the next coach start all over it again

crikfreak
June 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
i'm with siddons.. in the begining.. i was with him.. i wanted to give him some time.. but somewhere along the line.. i'd lost all by trust and belief in that man.. but now.. once again.. i'll say.. give him a bit more time.. even though we haven't won a single game against the big boys under siddons' reign.. we have got a few individual improvements.. he edsrves a bit more time.. if he can put all these individual good performances in one single matches.. we may see good results.. the only thing i dont like abt him is his rrgular vacations.. and he really has a tough job at hand.. after he came in.. we've had different selectors.. that would have meant something.. and also.. he's working with a bunch of young guys who have got talent.. but they are still very young.. it must be hard for a man to coach a team who'se oldest player is 26..

Pundit
June 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
Siddons was relocating to a different country. Ofcourse he'll have to go back and bring his stuff and make his dependants set w/o him.

If he's still upto leaves that you all considerable unacceptable, but going forward, then only do I think that we have something to talk about.

prantika
June 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
great posts"Blah n Gawza".....thank you a lot for your feedbacks....
honestly speaking,just like you"cricketfreak" i kinnda liked siddons work n begun to believe in what he said...but somewhere along the line i too begun to loose my trust on him...but thi thread really helped a lot n rebuilding my trust n making it firmer then ever....
............m glad to b part of such good humored n positive ppls....(some BC members)........

BANFAN
June 16, 2008, 12:34 AM
Yes a lot of positives. 2nd best, 3rd best and fourth best individual performances ! ridiculous. Crossing the previous best means positive, rest are neutral or negative. Hope you understand that. We are talking of crossing a sub-sub standard performance by another substandard or normal performance, not breaking BDM or SRT's Record. And there also we have to drag in 2nd/3rd/4th performance as improvement??

- Did we win any match in 8 months with any Maj Nation? NO
- Did we Compete closely with anyone in any ODI? NO
- Did we Try to compete with anyone? NO
- Do we believe that we can win a match? NO
- Did we get any major nation out bellow 250/cheaply, to compete? NO
- Did our Bowling improve? NO
- Did our fielding improve? NO

- Do you want more details of our deterioration of performance as a team? NO
- Do you want a discussion on our improvements? NO, [becoz we all know there is hardly any] but I can still visualize improvement under JS. :)

Isn't GowZA hallucinating ?

:) :) :)

BANFAN
June 16, 2008, 12:57 AM
Siddons was relocating to a different country. Ofcourse he'll have to go back and bring his stuff and make his dependants set w/o him.

Agreed brother, Valid point.

Sorry I forgot, He was travelling a long distance with all the bedding, furniture, Clothings and UGs. Getting his family dumped in M'inlaws house during his absense and Kids admitted in New schools etc etc. These needs a lot of time.

:)

Gowza
June 16, 2008, 02:02 AM
- 2 out of the 3 highest ever BD ODI scores have happened maybe not the best overall but one of those is the best against a top 8 team

- the highest ever BD test match partnership happened this one surpassed the previous best

- i'm not 100% certain on this but i think ashraful currently has his highest ever ODI average (and during siddons time averages 29.4 in ODIs) again this one is surpassing his previous best

- shakib got his first century against a top 8 team his highest score against a top 8 team, again another best

- shahadat got the 2nd best bowling figures in an innings for a BD bowler in a test match maybe not a best but 2nd best is still pretty good, plus it's the best against a non-zimbabwe side

- ditto but swap the word innings with match ditto

- tamim got the 2nd highest score in a ODI by a BD player ok not a best, but again 2nd best isn't too bad considering how many ODIs BD have played over the years

- reza got the 4th best ODI bowling figures by a BD player again, maybe not a best but when you consider how many matches BD has played over the years then 4th isn't so bad

- BD have never got out for less than 100 in a test innings maybe this isn't special but i thought it was worth a mention

- BD got a 3-0 win over ireland and were pretty dominant ditto

- tamim was averaging 19.4 in ODIs before siddons, now he averages 26.7 and in the time siddons has been coach he averages 35 (and he got his first ever ODI century) nothing really to point out here, tamim has improved his consistency alot since siddons has been coach if you don't consider this a worthy positive then i don't know what you will consider a worthy positive

i'm not 100% pro-siddons so don't try to make it out as if i am. i don't deny there have been problems and negatives since siddons has been coaching and i don't always agree with the way siddons goes about things. but i believe in being fair, and to be fair there have been a number of positives under siddons as coach, and as shown a lot of those positives are actually bests.

Gowza
June 16, 2008, 02:12 AM
- Did we win any match in 8 months with any Maj Nation? NO
- Did we Compete closely with anyone in any ODI? NO
- Did we Try to compete with anyone? NO
- Do we believe that we can win a match? NO
- Did we get any major nation out bellow 250/cheaply, to compete? NO
- Did our Bowling improve? NO
- Did our fielding improve? NO

- fact - we didn't win any ODIs against any major nation, not aruging with that
- how often did BD compete with major teams before siddons? not all that often really
- are you part of tha camp? i doubt it, i'm guessing the team was actually trying to compete in each match
- again are you in the camp? how do you know what the players are thinking and feeling?
- not sure on that but if we didn't i'm not arguing on this
- agree it hasn't, actually it's got worse overall
- was BD's fielding ever really that good anyway? might not have improved but has it got worse overall?

i agree, there are negatives, and i'm not saying siddons is all this and all that but there are positives and some of them are worthwhile. if you think you know all the answers and you seem to be arguing like you do then why don't you be the coach?

Pundit
June 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
Agreed brother, Valid point.

Sorry I forgot, He was travelling a long distance with all the bedding, furniture, Clothings and UGs. Getting his family dumped in M'inlaws house during his absense and Kids admitted in New schools etc etc. These needs a lot of time.

:)

...or perhaps he saw one particular fan of BD cricket bent upon spewing illogical hatred at him during each series...need some space I guess, from him, he says.

bujhee kom
June 16, 2008, 09:19 PM
siddons couldn't bring 100% positives right away, i agree, but he indeed established some goods in the individual players. if we could chill a bit and let the man do his job, the way he wants to... hey, coaching bd ain't easy, a coach for a team like bd should have unorthodox, experimental, hard and unique method - which may not instantly bring "fluke wins" but will compose the symphony in the long run - and i truly see all these in coach siddons!
my prayers and very best wishes are always with jamie siddons and his tigers!

BANFAN
June 17, 2008, 12:25 AM
Perhaps :)

Love all ur diferent & offtrack ideas ......

Pundit
June 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
Great to see a lot of support for Bangladesh Cricket all around. They need all the luv they can get, and shielding from the detractors and dejected followers, inside and out.

akabir77
June 18, 2008, 04:12 PM
here is another interview and this one is pretty blunt...

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/19/news0079.htm

Summary
Asked about ash batting.
He thinks its the right way for him and he want to get his avg at 40. but people didn't like his batting. He is wondering if fans and management wants his avg to stay at 20 and play a good inning in 3 years. he doesn't want that.

He thinks his best student is TI who never batted this well in his life. he learns quickly and wants to learn more

He has to teach players the basics where as in other country players learns when they r little. He used to teach Aus player new shots but here he has to teach them about foot work, bat lift etc basic stuff.

He is getting backup from BCB but some times they also wants quick results. But he doesn't believe in quick results. He thinks it may take 4/5 or more years when BD will start the real fight. He is just starting the process.

Ok people add the rest.

Murad
June 18, 2008, 04:17 PM
I read this interview and I think this is the first time he made some sense in his answers.

I just hope the players learn the things quick and start performing as time is very short.

nsd3
June 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
here is another interview and this one is pretty blunt...

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/19/news0079.htm

I liked it. Hope others will realize what is intended in the messages as well. Guys who are criticising now are said to be praising him in 2/3 years time -Siddons said. Mind it!

RazabQ
June 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
These interviews can be summed up very quickly. Siddons to naysayers: "kiss my grits"! :)

And I'm ok with that. He has a plan and I'm going to give him the rope. But can he do something about Enam?

Foozy
June 19, 2008, 01:46 AM
These interviews can be summed up very quickly. Siddons to naysayers: "kiss my grits"! :)

And I'm ok with that. He has a plan and I'm going to give him the rope. But can he do something about Enam?

lol.. under him, in general the bowling has been a very low key aspect of the game. the only thing he looks for is pace from pace bowlers. i think this will need a spin bowling coach or somethin...

but on the positive side, he did discover some new bowlers such as farhad and eliminated the bowling of aftab-thank god!

Alien
June 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
We were doing better under Shaun Williams. Bring him back.

Blah
June 19, 2008, 02:09 AM
Glad to see that Siddons reiterated everything, I have already mentioned in my posts, even before his bangla interview was published. makes you wonder if he reads this forum (j/k).

With whatmore we won something like 5 games against test playing nations over 4 years. With Siddons, we are ready to roast him in less than one year?

I will repeat myself and say that I stand by my coach till the last series of his two year term. I am not a big fan of whatmore, and I believe whatmore has set a bad example to our players. JS will need some time to fix things.

Blah
June 19, 2008, 02:10 AM
We were doing better under Shaun Williams. Bring him back.

... back to mars.

Blah
June 19, 2008, 03:25 AM
Just wanted to point out what Richard Mcines (sp?) said about Siddons when he was selected to coach BD team:
At long last the BCB have finally appointed a coach!! It has been a long drawn out process as you are all aware but they have made an excellent choice in selecting Jamie.

He is in it for all the right reasons and has a wealth of playing and as importantly coaching experience. We have spoken alot over the past few weeks about Bangladesh, the coaching job, the players, the country and the people and I am very confident he will do an outstanding job with the team, taking them to a new level.

Please get behind him and provide all the support you can, as it is still a very challenging job for anyone and there is still much work to do, before BD becomes a consistently competitive team in all forms of the game.

Best wishes

Observer
Link to the post: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=559572#post559572

BANFAN
June 19, 2008, 03:51 AM
Wait for four years? He has already booked the credits for the anticipated hard work of the next coach.

I will be happy to be proven wrong by JS. That will be pleasant to be wrong. But I don't eat words and commitments. I believe in process & results. BD players have done centuries and 200+ runs before also, now they are naturally expected to do more than before.

Nothing to start jumping with his words. Lets see how the team performs in 2008. Back your words with Actions JS :)

zainab
June 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
I would also like to point out that last year BD was pulverized by the SLs. Gowza is right, BD was not bowled out for less than 100 runs by NZ and SA. Their performance was far bette than in their test showing last year. Against NZ, they batted 2 innings, also against SA, so there has to be some credit that they have improved in Test cricket.
They have to improve in ODIs, and I am sure that in one game against the stronger teams they will put up over 250 runs if they bat carefully. Their fielding and bowling has to be improved 100 %.

I am sure that Siddons is working them hard at the moment.

akabir77
June 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
I am behind our coach 100%. To the posters who wants success there is no shortcut in Sports. (or anything else). With shortcut you will have those 5 wins in 5 years and rest you will bang your head against the wall. You guys r just saying we scored 200 before so whats so different now? I would say go and watch the games. you will know. Even the match that we won against Pakistan in 99 the openers had no clue they missed the balls like 200th time and it was pure luck that we score those 200+ runs. In every match that we won or made 200+ you will see how lucky our batsmen were who batted anda gunda and at least more than 1 time. Even in the australia game Ash could have gotten out at least three time by playing rash strokes. That tells me we depend on more luck then our capability. Siddions is changing that.

If you can't catch the by watching the game then i have nothing to say but ask you to watch top teams games more...