PDA

View Full Version : The Kitply Cup tournament fixture is great

Spitfire_x86
June 12, 2008, 01:49 PM
If we had 2 more ODIs to play, we would certainly see abysmal performance in the 3rd due to complacency of "scoring 200+" and at least 3 changes in playing XI per match for the last 2 ODIs.

Thankfully the short fixture limited our suffering and gave few players the opportunity to play couple of matches in a row.

MohammedC
June 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
If your theory is correct BD should only play 2 ODI whenever they have home or away series after all loosing 2-0 sounds much better than 3-0 or 5-0 ,no no we dont want that.

I agree with you,pain is bit less.

cricket_dorshok
June 12, 2008, 03:16 PM
what about not to play any match. Then our record will be great, 0-0 looks much better than 2-0,3-0,5-0!

Fazal
June 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
I think they should only play warm up game.

If the symptom is good, they add ODI on the fly. if the symptom is bad they fly back home or send the tourist back home.

MohammedC
June 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
what about not to play any match. Then our record will be great, 0-0 looks much better than 2-0,3-0,5-0!

In our current form I will take 0-0.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
If we had 2 more ODIs to play, we would certainly see abysmal performance in the 3rd due to complacency of "scoring 200+" and at least 3 changes in playing XI per match for the last 2 ODIs.

Thankfully the short fixture limited our suffering and gave few players the opportunity to play couple of matches in a row.

to be brutally honest, spitty has hit the psychological nail on this one. i had this same thought just a few days ago, but forgot to post with the series underway.

first game of a series, our boys come out (like us fans with much optimism and hope). "we will fight," "we won't be easy prey" are the ashra-sound bites. tar por kee hoi?

56-5 en route to 112 all out. could be a Test match, could be an ODI.

then there is that sparkle which would make even our harshest critics ooh and ahh, if it were consistent. 161 run opening stand, posting a total of 285 in 50 overs. tar por kee hoi?

once again, 56-5 en route to 112 all out.

our players have the attention spans of a toddler who touches the red-hot stove a week after landing in the burn unit of the local hospital.

it may be that siddons mia can change this...we already see some fruitful signs. but there's such a damn long way to go...

Baundule
June 13, 2008, 01:30 AM
I think they should only play warm up game.

If the symptom is good, they add ODI on the fly. if the symptom is bad they fly back home or send the tourist back home.
Agreed with Mamu :D

Tintin
June 13, 2008, 01:33 AM

I was interested to see how long the new and improved Ashraful would last.

Orpheus
June 13, 2008, 01:36 AM

Correction: New Ashraful. Improved? debatable.

Spitfire_x86
June 13, 2008, 03:42 AM
Inevitably a "good ball" would get him out for a single digit score, although he has particular fondness for ducks.