PDA

View Full Version : Transcendental Meditation for our team?

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 03:26 PM
Well, after Sehwag scored the fastest 300 he attributed his secret to TM (as did Sreesanth). I personally took a Quantum Method meditation program (not that I am touting it as the best course by any means) but how about putting the whole team in some sort of meditative bootcamp? Will that yield any result? (Heck even Laker's coach Phil Jackson experiments his team with this sorta things from time to time).

Fun facts for you fellas: psychologists found that when the Zen archers hits the target their brain wave drops down to theta wave, the same frequency that is attributed to creativity.

Seriously, meditation has enabled masters of martial arts to perform deeds that can only be deemed as supernatural. I am sure our team can use this accessory tool in their arsenal to bring a change in their game.

After all, the chaotic game that we display is often a reflection of our chaotic soul.

God bless.

:flag:

Fazal
June 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
I don't know whether its Transcendental Meditation or not but looks like our own Tendu I mean Ash is taking some kind of Mind and body relaxation Yoga Meditation... atleast thats what looks like to me as an outsider.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
Gopal bhar notun koirey jokes bola suru korsey!! Way to go!! :)

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
Gopal bhar notun koirey jokes bola suru korsey!! Way to go!! :)

Yeah...I am relying on you for the rimshots. :clap:

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah...I am relying on you for the rimshots. :clap:
I do swissshes!! Nothing but the net. I love that sound. As much as I like the zen master, I prefer bet'er bari and boot'er kick. He had two of the best athlete ever to play any sports. When tri-angle don't work just give the ball and move away. They'll take over. We don't have that luxury.

Blah
June 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
Sanath jayasuriya, who practices budism by faith attributed his resurgent as a dashing opening batsman, and changed the way cricket is played ever since, to meditation. Before that he was in the team purely as a bowler and batted as a tail-ender

I also remember reading an interview of kallis sometime ago where he said that he lost several people close to him (parents and girlfriend, but not sure) in a very short period of time; and how meditation helped him get his life back in track and cope with his loss.

Maybe there is something to it.

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
Sanath jayasuriya, who practices budism by faith attributed his resurgent as a dashing opening batsman, and changed the way cricket is played ever since, to meditation. Before that he was in the team purely as a bowler and batted as a tail-ender.

It's interesting you put that abt Jayasuriya because after seeing his effortless performance in IPL ossified my belief that contrary to the popular notion that people's talent atrophies with age, a master can always surpass himself and grow better with time like a fine bottle of wine. Lol I am always debating this with my dad who adheres to the opposing viewpoint but now I know just like Japanese martial artists enter a spiritual realm as they grow older nearing death (for instance Morihei Ueshiba founder of Aikido who could dodge bullets from guns), there is always room for further growth and maturity (to allude to Picasso for instance who was creative if not better in his 80s).

Blah
June 12, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think the more important question for me is that, will Morihei Ueshiba be able to dodge a 45 magnum from a range of 2 cm?

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
As they say...you are jumping the gun my friend.

Why should he let himself be in that situation in the first place? I can sense a scintilla of skepticism...you aint a great fan of ki/qi/chi, are you? [It's cool I am not here to convert anyone...]

punjabsher
June 12, 2008, 06:09 PM
if you pray 5 times it is better than any of this maditation that kuffar come up with. inzi started this in pakistani team and everyone perform very well afterwards until he left. great thread, gopal bhar. are you from india?

Blah
June 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
As they say...you are jumping the gun my friend.

Why should he let himself be in that situation in the first place? I can sense a scintilla of skepticism...you aint a great fan of ki/qi/chi, are you? [It's cool I am not here to convert anyone...]

Excuse my ignorance, but as it happens; I usually take outlandish claims with a whole dash skepticism.

I believe that the only person who can r-e-a-l-l-y dodge bullets is neo; everyone else is just being pretentious.

To dodging bullets, *raising beer*
Blah

Zeeshan
June 12, 2008, 06:28 PM
okay i dont want to spur any misunderstanding but even muslims have been doing meditation for ages whether it be sufi saints or other piir. in fact, didnt our own prophet perform meditation in the cave? so i respectfully dissent with you on the fact that meditation is a blasphemous activity that is not in accordance with islamic faith. after all if oyu boil it down to the core meditation is nothing but pure concentration....

ummm....no. i am not from india. what part of california are you from? i live in socal.

punjabsher
June 12, 2008, 06:35 PM
i dont want to start religious debate but mainstream muslims who understand islam do not consider sufis or pir mureeds to be true muslims. they are distracted by pagan ways. also we are strictly commanded to not imitate the idol worshippers. by choosing a idol worship gods name you are on the wrong path, brother. just telling you because it is my duty.

i am also from socal. =)

BD-Shardul
June 13, 2008, 06:34 AM
I don't care about meditation. I personally think that to succeed, one must have a sound and confident dependence on Allah.

Now talking about about this dependence, this should neither be showy like the PAK players nor it should be thought as a substitution of hard work. One needs to work as hard as possible. He should pray 5 times and try his best to say the prayer as perfectly as possible. Then before the match, he needs to pray two rakah before Allah, and recite Sura Yaseen. He will then definitely be able to come to the field with a confident mind. I have no doubt that if they follow this recipe, they will succeed.

Blah
June 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't care about meditation. I personally think that to succeed, one must have a sound and confident dependence on Allah.

Are you saying that if I don't believe in Allah, I will be a born looser?
That's not nice.

Fazal
June 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
According to the dailystar, Ashraful is taking four day yoga training class.

SS
June 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
According to Fazal, Monalisa is the trainer training Ash how to do meditation.

Tigers_eye
June 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
First'a tho ashlo quiz type question.
Second'a ashlo new grading system of A, B, C.
Ekhon: ki shob subject porikkha korey HSC'tey!! Aro jay koto kisu dekhbo ei dunia'i.

Zeeshan
June 16, 2008, 02:53 PM

source? link?

Fazal
June 16, 2008, 02:59 PM
source? link?

Source?

DailyStar

Link?

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=41465

Quote ?

The Bangladesh captain's focus is on how he would manage to stay in the wicket as much as possible. And to achieve the target he has been trying to take assistance from all corners.
In addition to the 'team rules' and 'process' the right-hander himself completed a four-day meditation programme yesterday. And that was the reason he did not turn out at the Tigers' first practice session for the coming Asia Cup to begin in the last week of this month in Pakistan.

"This idea came from my elder brother and he has encouraged me to attend a four-day meditation programe conducted by Shahid Al Bukhari. I had almost ten hours sessions everyday," informed Ashraful.

BD-Shardul
June 17, 2008, 12:24 AM
According to Fazal, Monalisa is the trainer training Ash how to do meditation.

:lol:

Monalisa jodi trainer hoy, kajer kaj kusui hoibo na, khajnar cheye bajna beshi hoibo

Antora
June 17, 2008, 02:31 AM
hmmm... so Ash has been meditating... for ten hours ??!!!??! woah! But the question is...will it do anything good?
I remeber when i was 9 or 10 some Apu told me if you meditate for a long time you lift from the ground:floor: how random!

Blah
June 17, 2008, 04:23 AM
hmmm... so Ash has been meditating... for ten hours ??!!!??! woah! But the question is...will it do anything good?
I remeber when i was 9 or 10 some Apu told me if you meditate for a long time you lift from the ground:floor: how random!

I lift from the ground everytime I eat some good icecream.

BANFAN
June 17, 2008, 04:55 AM
Are you saying that if I don't believe in Allah, I will be a born looser?
That's not nice.

Only if you claim tobe a Muslim and don't follow. that's what Allah does to bring you back to the right path.

If you r a declared non muslim and act against Allah, you will keep on having success after success in this world, that's what Allah does to finally make you unsuccessful.

abu2abu
June 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
I don't know about you all, but I'd rather Ash bat for 10 overs in an ODI than meditate for 10 hours....

BANFAN
June 17, 2008, 05:25 AM
Why do people go to Fakir for not having children? We all know how it has to be.

Ash is trying all Tukka after he failed, doing everything, konta laigya jaye ke jane. :)

BD-Shardul
June 17, 2008, 06:55 AM
Why do people go to Fakir for not having children? We all know how it has to be.

Ash is trying all Tukka after he failed, doing everything, konta laigya jaye ke jane. :)

Nothing will work except for work hard and pray.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 17, 2008, 07:27 AM
Yoga has been practiced by the Australian players for awhile now and it wouldn't surprise me if Ash is taking it up on the advice of JS. Also, I doubt Ash can meditate for 10 hours. It cannot that easy for a novice, can it? I frankly don't care what he does as long as it helps him make some runs every match.

Cricket itself is like a religion in the sense that to be a good "cricketer" you have to practice the skills "religiously". Praying 5 times should not really take too much time away from Ash so he should pray if he doesn't already. Do any of the indian batsmen Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Dravid, Yuraj, etc do yoga? I bet none of them do, they just know how to concentrate.

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:05 PM
Seeems like Ashraful heard the thread opener.

He took a meditation course of 40 mins recently.

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=7149&pageTitle=details&editionID=382

Tigers_eye
June 19, 2008, 12:08 PM
Didn't sreesanth practice Yoga?

Please no yoga for BD players. Now "commando training", I am all for it.

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
Didn't sreesanth practice Yoga?

Please no yoga for BD players. Now "commando training", I am all for it.

No YOGA.

It was just a lecture course.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
Don't know if he practices yoga but in an interview during the tour of Australia a reporter tackled his issues with Symmonds, and the video showed that Sreesanth has a picture of Andrew Symmonds in his room. The reason is bizzare but he explained that Andrew Symmonds is his favourite cricketer. Is it me or do you guys detect a case of "keeping your friends close and enemies (or monkey) even closer". Haha.

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2008, 12:50 PM
Or perhaps just a case where the agent needs a ticket to Pabna.

crikfreak
June 20, 2008, 04:42 AM
i dont know all that about meditation.. but i sinserely believe that if a player works hard.. tries his best.. gives it his full effort.. prays 5 times a day and leaves the rest to Allah with firm believe in Him.. i think anything is possible and any player can be successful..

Kabir
June 20, 2008, 09:15 AM
Yoga doesn't help. I know a Yoga teacher, who's by far one of the most rude and short-tempered person I've seen. I thought Yoga cools you down and makes you concentrate more? :-|

raheel
June 20, 2008, 09:32 AM
More details on Ashraful's 40-hr meditation course:

http://www.quanfey.org/content/pages/focus2.html

Cash$$$
June 20, 2008, 06:06 PM
if you pray 5 times it is better than any of this maditation that kuffar come up with. inzi started this in pakistani team and everyone perform very well afterwards until he left. great thread, gopal bhar. are you from india?

1st of all it is "meditation" .......... and aren't you the same pakistani guy who got banned for a week for making a ridiculous religious thread???

bujhee kom
June 20, 2008, 09:29 PM
thank you cash$$$ bhai!
gopal bhar bhai, great respect for you. good thoughtful advice and thread!

Blah
June 20, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yoga doesn't help. I know a Yoga teacher, who's by far one of the most rude and short-tempered person I've seen. I thought Yoga cools you down and makes you concentrate more? :-|

Cricket coach doesn't help. I had a cricket coach, who sucked at playing cricket, I thought cricket coach helps you play cricket and make you a better player?

All cricket coaches in this world sucks'.:-|