PDA

View Full Version : Time for Ashraful to do a Tendulkar

bablu_baba
June 12, 2008, 05:40 PM
hello all, this is bablu baba from India.

i would like you to take back to the chaper of Indian cricket when Tendulkar used to captain India in late 90s.

he after not having much success and doing some ungutsy captaincy, realized and step down as captain and decided to concentrate on his batting only, which he was the best at in 90s. still again in 2007, asked again for captaincy, he asked the selectors to pick someone like Dhoni as captain, as he himself doesn't want to captain and would rather just concentrate on his batting.

now the issue here with bangladesh cricket is that their most premier batsman, M. Ashraful happens to be going through same stage in his playing career as tendulkar(meaning best batsman of the team, without any success as captain) and isn't realizing that which tendulkar did though.

to me, Ashraful is bangladesh's best batsman. and he needs to concentrate on putting more runs for the team in the teams total. and that can only happen, if he decides to hand over the captaincy to someone else and doesn't have to think anything else beyond his Own batting.

zainab
June 13, 2008, 04:06 PM
If he concedes the captaincy, who is there to take his place?

That is the million dollar question. IMO, Bashar should have been the captain and Ash the VC, Captaincy should have been handed to him at the age of 25.

sonarbangla
June 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
lol well i agree with him. In fact i said tht after seeing ash leading his 2nd ODI. he is not a captain material. being a captain is not about how you set up the field .. but also outside the field. you need to charge up your boys. You have to build a tie in them. Ash can't even speak in proper bangla. lol.

I think we should name sakib as our captain. and mashrafee the vice captain.

and i see no substitute of rafiq on our team yet. he should be call back as early as possible.

and zainab, you are right. during bashar's era, we had nafees as his deputy. Ash never really got a chance to see how international leading should go, when bd was doing really good. first hand experience is very vital in these case.

Gowza
June 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
the only older player i'd bring back to the national team would be pilot, is he captaincy material?

Shaan
June 14, 2008, 02:07 AM
make Razzak captain so that our mainstream batsmen and bowler can perform without extra pressure.

BANFAN
June 14, 2008, 02:20 AM
I think we should name sakib as our captain. and mashrafee the vice captain.

What do u think Sakib has proven better than Ash?

and zainab, you are right. during bashar's era, we had nafees as his deputy. Ash never really got a chance to see how international leading should go, when bd was doing really good. first hand experience is very vital in these case.

I couldn't resist laughing at this. As if Haba + SN were the mastermind of those victories?? Bro, they had no clue what was happening.

And Ash was the master of the ceremony in almost all the victories; And you draw a picture as if He knows nothing how the victories came? If Ash would read your post, would be right to say "Dada ke C****N shikio na" :)

Blah
June 14, 2008, 02:44 AM
Ashraful is no tendulker in any stretch of imagination. Even if he steps down as a captain, there is no gurantees he will succeed as a batsmen. I am preety sure ashraful know for a fact that the only thing that glues him down to the team is the immunity he gets for being a captain.

Points to note:

* Ashraful is over-rated. He was dropped several times by the "selectors" (phun intended) during the whatmore/bashar era. I feel that Instead of the selectors overly concentrating on asraful and maintaining the team around his performance (or lack thereof), as if he is some wannabe bradman/tendulker; the selectors should concentrate on the team as a whole and appoint ashraful to just fill in the spaces.

* ~~~NEWS FLASH~~~ Ashraful is NOT the best batsmen in the team. There are players with better average in both form of cricket in the team, and their spot is less certain in the team that ashraful's. Tamim, Nafees, Raqibul (no test avg) all has better avg in ODI, Test, First Class and even List A cricket. As a matter of fact they all have better avg than Aftab ahmed too. Time to look at performance instead of number of four/sixes and strike rates. They only matter during the dumbed down version of the cricket they call 20/20.

* Speaking of performance. While you guys were taking a nap during the india-BD game. There was an interesting display of information on the screen were the commentators pointed out the obvious that Ashraful has a BETTER average when he was a captain than when he was just pretending to be a batsmen.

* He should just try to stick to the new formula he is appointed to by his coach. He seems to be doing OK for now. (Ashraful has an average of 80+ during this tournament in two innings. If my math is correct.) The teams is going through drastic changes in fast pace; and in every tournament I find myself seeing news faces that I have never heard of or seen before. This is the worst time for Ashraful to step down.

Razi
June 14, 2008, 03:16 AM
Ashraful is no tendulker in any stretch of imagination. Even if he steps down as a captain, there is no gurantees he will succeed as a batsmen. I am preety sure ashraful know for a fact that the only thing that glues him down to the team is the immunity he gets for being a captain.

Points to note:

* Ashraful is over-rated. He was dropped several times by the "selectors" (phun intended) during the whatmore/bashar era. I feel that Instead of the selectors overly concentrating on asraful and maintaining the team around his performance (or lack thereof), as if he is some wannabe bradman/tendulker; the selectors should concentrate on the team as a whole and appoint ashraful to just fill in the spaces.

* ~~~NEWS FLASH~~~ Ashraful is NOT the best batsmen in the team. There are players with better average in both form of cricket in the team, and their spot is less certain in the team that ashraful's. Tamim, Nafees, Raqibul (no test avg) all has better avg in ODI, Test, First Class and even List A cricket. As a matter of fact they all have better avg than Aftab ahmed too. Time to look at performance instead of number of four/sixes and strike rates. They only matter during the dumbed down version of the cricket they call 20/20.

* Speaking of performance. While you guys were taking a nap during the india-BD game. There was an interesting display of information on the screen were the commentators pointed out the obvious that Ashraful has a BETTER average when he was a captain than when he was just pretending to be a batsmen.

* He should just try to stick to the new formula he is appointed to by his coach. He seems to be doing OK for now. (Ashraful has an average of 80+ during this tournament in two innings. If my math is correct.) The teams is going through drastic changes in fast pace; and in every tournament I find myself seeing news faces that I have never heard of or seen before. This is the worst time for Ashraful to step down.

Actually Ash has the best average of the series and his life time. His average in this series is 92 which i think Ash won't even dream for. He also averages 5 or 6 higher than his normal average, as a captain. To say the truth both the average are nothing if you consider him as a batsman. The fact is that Ash will not perform dramatically even if he gives the captaincy to someone. But Ash is not a captaincy material which will not effect him rather the whole team. He doesn't know how to motivate himself so no question of motivating others. As long as there is no other option for Bangladesh team Ash will have to be the captain because we don't want to ruin the career of a player like Shakib or someone else in the team...!!!

Blah
June 14, 2008, 03:33 AM
Actually I feel that Ashraful is a much much better captain than habibul, in terms of inspiring players (you actually see ash making conversation with players, and habib would just stand there like an idiot), and his field placement is much proactive (not necessarily offensive) than habib's field placement, where he was entirely defensive all the time.

But this is my opinion, and I like him as a captain more than i liked habib. but only result will determine who is a successful captain, and it is too early to make a judgement.

Besides, there is no-one to replace him as a captain. not even Masrafee.

mijanur
June 14, 2008, 04:18 AM
do any1 no who is hosting the next cricket world cup. can u tell me

sonarbangla
June 14, 2008, 08:18 AM

when u see em on tv, or their comments on the newspaper, you will see there is a huge difference in their mentality and maturity.

Sakib lead our BCB XI many times, and over there his team mates performed much better than under ash's supervision.

sonarbangla
June 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
Actually I feel that Ashraful is a much much better captain than habibul, in terms of inspiring players (you actually see ash making conversation with players, and habib would just stand there like an idiot), and his field placement is much proactive (not necessarily offensive) than habib's field placement, where he was entirely defensive all the time.

But this is my opinion, and I like him as a captain more than i liked habib. but only result will determine who is a successful captain, and it is too early to make a judgement.

Besides, there is no-one to replace him as a captain. not even Masrafee.

man i don know how you say it.. but check out our past few series and matches. All the teams except Ireland has made 300+ against us. habla r time a 260-70 runs hoito. we always had a fair chance to win the game.

Even we were able to fought against England in the WC 07. Or had a fair fight against India right after the world cup. If defensive captaincy let our team fight along side with other team, wht the heck are we going to do with aggressive captaincy?!

sonarbangla
June 14, 2008, 08:30 AM

I couldn't resist laughing at this. As if Haba + SN were the mastermind of those victories?? Bro, they had no clue what was happening.

And Ash was the master of the ceremony in almost all the victories; And you draw a picture as if He knows nothing how the victories came? If Ash would read your post, would be right to say "Dada ke C****N shikio na" :)

well i agree to you in the second point boss. But speaking of ashraful's part as a match winner, didn't come as a captain. He is a performer. None of us saying to sack him off the team. We are saying he is not a captain material. There is a huge difference in between.

And speaking of captaincy, miah, Premium League eo to ashraful er leading dakhlam. Team management even made him sit for 2 matches in a row. hehe.

Nafees or Habla hoeto perform kore nai, but their team did much better. chk the newspaper.

Murad
June 14, 2008, 09:23 AM
man i don know how you say it.. but check out our past few series and matches. All the teams except Ireland has made 300+ against us. habla r time a 260-70 runs hoito. we always had a fair chance to win the game.

Even we were able to fought against England in the WC 07. Or had a fair fight against India right after the world cup. If defensive captaincy let our team fight along side with other team, wht the heck are we going to do with aggressive captaincy?!

During HB time, we had our legendary bowler Rafique and our main striking and economical bowler Rasel.

Do we have them in the team now?? Then how do you expect Ashraful to do miracle in the fielding??

He has a crap bowler in Shahadat. Raj was out of form for long long time.

think before criticizing someone.. okay??

djnaved
June 14, 2008, 08:36 PM
During HB time, we had our legendary bowler Rafique and our main striking and economical bowler Rasel.

Do we have them in the team now?? Then how do you expect Ashraful to do miracle in the fielding??

very true, this two bowler were the main weapons of the team. But, I still beleive that Ash should use the tendulkar formula. He should only focus on his batting.

BANFAN
June 15, 2008, 01:21 AM
very true, this two bowler were the main weapons of the team. But, I still beleive that Ash should use the tendulkar formula. He should only focus on his batting.

If every one has to concentrate on their own performance, then we have to make the 12th man our captain. :)

Or we have to probably accept a non-performing captain.

habfreak
June 15, 2008, 01:46 AM
the damage has been done...no point in quiting captaincy now and throwing another person under the same bus he was thrown under. lets not ruin Shakib, mashrafe or another player's career now and minimize the damage to what it is!
In a perfect world..Bashar should have been left alone by the media and the Fans... and shd have been leading this team until ash was ready. Pilot should have been the automatic choice until he decided to step down himself...letting mushy develop properly. kintu ke shone kar kotha...Bangalee shobai experts..we do things our own way :p

habfreak
June 15, 2008, 01:51 AM

Rasel is our strike bowler..with the keeper standing up to the wicket as he bowls his 115 KMH lollypops? why don't we make Reza our second strilke bowler and axe mashrafe...then the keeper won't even need to wear gloves :p
Shahadat is not out of form...he's hugely mismanaged...in one game out the other. And he and Mashrafe can do single handedly what Rasel, Reza or our beloved slow left armers can never do...win matches!

BANFAN
June 15, 2008, 02:01 AM
Shahadat is not out of form...he's hugely mismanaged...in one game out the other. !

True !!

Sohel
June 15, 2008, 02:16 AM
In order to avoid embarrassing ourselves any more than we already have, Tendulkar and Ashraful may only be used in the same sentence IF the sentence(s) is something like: -

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar and Md. Ashraful Matin are both short, South Asian cricketers.

Kothay moharani, kothay *****arani !

kalpurush
June 15, 2008, 02:31 AM
Kothay moharani, kothay *****arani !

Another Sohel bhai classic ...!!!:D

zainab
June 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
It does not not matter who is captain, the team's performance is way below par, and anyone who is brought in as captain will have the same failure, A captain is as good as his team, Everyone knows here that captaincy was thrust upon Ash, he was not thinking about captaincy until he was 25 yrs old. blame the BCB, not him.
Now he has to contend with a coach who is on a collision course with the whole team and this will take months to iron out. At the moment. the boys are confused and all seems to go downhill, even their fielding and bowling. something is definitely wrong in the camp. There is no spark, no laughter, and no fight left and JS is doing his best to demoralize this young team who are mentally not tough. He is playing mind games with them, and I hope that the BCB realizes and dont turn a blind eye, because they are paying him big bucks to bring down the standard of BD cricket.

crikfreak
June 15, 2008, 12:45 PM
Rasel is our strike bowler..with the keeper standing up to the wicket as he bowls his 115 KMH lollypops? why don't we make Reza our second strilke bowler and axe mashrafe...then the keeper won't even need to wear gloves :p
Shahadat is not out of form...he's hugely mismanaged...in one game out the other. And he and Mashrafe can do single handedly what Rasel, Reza or our beloved slow left armers can never do...win matches!

i agree 100%..

and as for ash stepping down as captain.. i know tht he is not captain material.. but who r you gonna replace him with.. sakib?? he's too young.. mash?? wanna ruin his career as well?? whoever becomes bd's captain now.. well.. there careers will be ruined as well.. so lets not ruin other players careers as well.. lets stick with ash until we find a better replacement.. unless u wanna bring back bashar or mashud.. then i'm perfectly ok with it..

cricket_king
June 16, 2008, 02:17 AM
Suggestions for replacing Ashraful with players like Shakib and Mashrafe is just ridiculous. Let's ruin ONE career at a time shall we?

BANFAN
June 16, 2008, 06:23 AM
do any1 no who is hosting the next cricket world cup. can u tell me

Aghanistan is the Host :) 2011 WC

But matches will be played in Pak, Ind and Ban. As AFG don't have good pitches.

Tigers_eye
June 16, 2008, 08:34 AM
Bablu_baba, did you forget your password? Everyday creating a new account is not good.

bublu_hbk
June 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
Bablu_baba, did you forget your password? Everyday creating a new account is not good.

I'm a different user. I swear.

Tigers_eye
June 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
I'm a different user. I swear.
Then why the similarities on the thread subjects also? Will take your word for it and hope to see baba reply to his own thread on some the comments made here.

djnaved
June 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
If every one has to concentrate on their own performance, then we have to make the 12th man our captain. :)

Or we have to probably accept a non-performing captain.

bro, ash is neither doing well in captaincy,neither doing well on batting.......so he should be dropped or he should give up his captanicy. Sakib is performing well, Mashrafee is performing well. These two can be the captain material.

playerder comments dekhlei bojha jai tar ki capability ache.......

Fazal
June 16, 2008, 12:50 PM
This is what we know so far
1. BB has two twins
2. They both have same first name starts with 'B'
3.The twins just learned how to type
4. They both love Tendulkar
5. They also love Ashraful
6. They love to open new threads
7. They are hoping something great to happen by Ashraful

bujhee kom
June 16, 2008, 10:48 PM
bablu bhaio! meyne bujhee bohoot kom! kea baat? aave ganja vi fukose ghum de do? colorful sapna dekha?

Zeeshan
June 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
"Dada ke C****N shikio na" :)

*scratching head and still trying to figure out the meaning of the censored word* :-/

bablu_baba
June 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
Then why the similarities on the thread subjects also? Will take your word for it and hope to see baba reply to his own thread on some the comments made here.

i am not bublu hbk man.

god swear. if any admin is around, he can even check.

Fazal
June 17, 2008, 04:11 PM
i am not bublu hbk man.

then are you brothers?

bablu_baba
June 18, 2008, 01:44 AM
then are you brothers?

no man i don't know who he is..