where is he now days?

how is he doing as a bowler?

sonarbangla
June 12, 2008, 08:51 PM
oh boy!

i prefer shahadat doing ODI bowling instead.. :onethephone:

Anher
June 12, 2008, 09:33 PM
Became a Rikshaw Driver! Good income than cricket!

scoilaheez
June 13, 2008, 02:25 AM
i didnt mind tapash when he played, a bit erratic but still picks up wickets... he seems better than some of the players we are blooding now.

BD-Shardul
June 13, 2008, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_UBecame a Rikshaw Driver! Good income than cricket!

I wanna see him in the national team. Erratic, but on his day he could be a very good economical bowler. Both in terms of batting and bowling, he is lightyears ahead of crap Farhad Reza. In terms of ODI bowling, he is miles ahead of Shahadat.

In the current situation, BD best bowling line-up for ODI might look like this

Mash-Rasel-Baisya-Razzaq-Shakib

Just go and check how Tapash Baisya helped us registering our maiden win against ZIM, IND, and AUS.

And please try to remeber his service to the national team when Mortza and Talha were in injuries. He deserves great respect.

zahid
June 13, 2008, 06:36 AM
He is rubbish. very expensive, no line and length!

bdchamp20
June 13, 2008, 09:35 AM
Tapash is ahead of Shahadat, Farhad and Dollar in terms of ODI bowling. He isn't having great success on the domestic circuit. He was actually dropped after the India series in '07 and it was done in such a manner that no one realised that he was dropped. After he was dropped his name was also out of the contracted players list it was like the BCB just erased him from their database. He isn't even in the A squad anymore. The people are now starting to realise what happened to him. I think we should play the tried and tested instead of calling up a debutant for every series.

pappiok
June 13, 2008, 11:52 AM
i think taposh boisho has missing during puja. therefor he is not in the national team, even with A team or Academy team. [edit] is the selecter doing. i would be a good selecter if i become a selecter for BD. WHAT DO U THINK ? GUY'S:flag:

akabir77
June 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
pappiok i think u will banned soon

Tigers_eye
June 13, 2008, 12:15 PM

Just go and check how Tapash Baisya helped us registering our maiden win against ZIM, IND, and AUS. ...
While checking also check who has the record of giving away the hightest runs per over in the world (7+ overs) in an ODI. The record is three+ years old. Even after T20 and the free hit rule change, no ODI bowler has yet to taste that bad taste. He gave away 86 runs in 7 overs. 12.28 runs per over. That's a world record.

Having said that I wish him all the best and hopefully he recovers fully from the injury he sustained.

akabir77
June 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
T_E bhai I blame the captain for that record. He could have easily make some other bowl as he was getting hit. but instead our captains Choti said bowl bolwer 2 at least 8 overs and so thats what he did...

Anyway I know he was expensive but so if agrerker. Wonder why he gets a place in Indian team?

Pundit
June 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
i thought he was a decent bowler.

where is he now days?

how is he doing as a bowler?

Bangladesh does not need decent bowlers. It needs good bowlers.

So you ask, some of the bowlers playing now are decent as well - why are they in the team?

Answer is that, we are still looking for bowlers who are good, and these guys are being trialed out. If they continue to be just decent, they will be thrown of the horse as well.

Tapash is actually lucky - he got many trials, but could not come out of his "decent" shell. I don't think people like Farhad, Nazmul e.t.c will be anywhere as lucky.

I think Rassel is way ahead of Tapash.

BTW, I was hoping Tapash would become a decent batter as well - that never materalized as well.

zahid
June 13, 2008, 01:01 PM
I would pick Shanto rather than Tapash!

Fazal
June 13, 2008, 01:53 PM
Tapposh bhaisob Dhapposh Koira Poira Geshe...

sonarbangla
June 13, 2008, 04:36 PM
i see no difference in taposh and shahadat. shahadat has a bit more pace in his bowling, but both of them are really really really and really expensive.

russel - mashrafee - rafiq - razzak - sakib - alok/riad

would have been our best bowling combination.

zahid
June 13, 2008, 05:45 PM
i see no difference in taposh and shahadat. shahadat has a bit more pace in his bowling, but both of them are really really really and really expensive.

russel - mashrafee - rafiq - razzak - sakib - alok/riad

would have been our best bowling combination.

Shahdat experiments with the ball. Tapash , if whacked for a 4, will continue bowling at the same spot and will continue getting whacked for a 4 from the same region in the field.

sonarbangla
June 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
:D haha. part of it is true.

but shahadat gives out too many short pitch ball in the ODI.. only God knows wht he was thiking at tht time.. :waiting:

Anher
June 13, 2008, 09:56 PM
I wanna see him in the national team. Erratic, but on his day he could be a very good economical bowler. Both in terms of batting and bowling, he is lightyears ahead of crap Farhad Reza. In terms of ODI bowling, he is miles ahead of Shahadat.

In the current situation, BD best bowling line-up for ODI might look like this

Mash-Rasel-Baisya-Razzaq-Shakib

Just go and check how Tapash Baisya helped us registering our maiden win against ZIM, IND, and AUS.

And please try to remeber his service to the national team when Mortza and Talha were in injuries. He deserves great respect.

You certainly didnt get my joke on current situation of BD team's horrible performance. Its end here...i dont like argueing on stupid thing.

BANFAN
June 14, 2008, 01:43 AM
Still, we should continue with Shahadat in ODIs.

Short pitches and low full tosses are some of the most economical balls these days. He only needs to pick the perfect lengths for that. The best part of his bowling is Agressiveness and positive body language. That helps the other ballers as well. Onnoder moto potaye jaye na and doesn't demoralize the whole team along with him.

Shaan
June 14, 2008, 02:14 AM
Taposh on his day he is looks very good bowler, but I guess he needs some more consistent performance with A-team to find him back in national squad in near future. He has both swing but problem with the controlling the line and length of deliveries at the crucial time. I still remember how he deceived ponting with the swing and got the LBW wicket, that game we won against Australia where Ashrafull played a heroic knock.

BD-Shardul
June 14, 2008, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_Y
You certainly didnt get my joke on current situation of BD team's horrible performance. Its end here...i dont like argueing on stupid thing.

Joking or no joking, Baisya never gets the repect he deserves.

Shaan
June 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
Joking or no joking, Baisya never gets the repect he deserves.

you are very right, some fan here sometime lower their criticism by attacking on personnel level rather should be on constructive level as such what part of game someone can develop and what kind of weakness to improve etc, etc. Sad though..

Bancan
June 14, 2008, 04:45 PM
I mentioned a thousand times in the chats to bring back Tapash. Sometimes seriously, often jokingly. No matter what he will always be one of my favorite BD players.

crikfreak
June 16, 2008, 12:57 PM
i like tapash.. but who's he gonna come in for.. i'd like to see him instead of farhad.. but not shahadat.. i prefer shahadat over tapash..

Rifat
June 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
Taposh Baisya on cricketing level is the derivative version of Mashrafee Mortaza(another words he is a level below Mortaza "performance wise").

he should train really hard to regain his national team spot, last time i saw him bowl we got hammered(against gilchrist and hayden)

i liked him because at times, he got vital wickets, expensive however...

Eshen
June 25, 2008, 09:38 PM
Suddenly I am missing Tapash. I have to agree with what bdchamp20 said. Tapash was erratic but still was not as hopeless as Shahadat or Dolar. Also, he was definitely a much better wicket taker.
Tapash is ahead of Shahadat, Farhad and Dollar in terms of ODI bowling. He isn't having great success on the domestic circuit. He was actually dropped after the India series in '07 and it was done in such a manner that no one realised that he was dropped. After he was dropped his name was also out of the contracted players list it was like the BCB just erased him from their database. He isn't even in the A squad anymore. The people are now starting to realise what happened to him. I think we should play the tried and tested instead of calling up a debutant for every series.

Beamer
June 25, 2008, 10:29 PM
Tapash had a good slow ball. He was a horse when Mash went out with injury. Siddons likes batting right? Well..he is not gonna find too many better than Tapash with the bat who is a bowler first.

akabir77
June 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
tapash should have gotten the chance over these newbies. I wonder when will our selectors will learn that old farts > then any newbies... some one should kick the big mama's @$$

nina16392
June 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
talking abt tapash.............where is syed rasel??

akabir77
June 26, 2008, 10:23 AM
talking abt tapash.............where is syed rasel??

We are looking for taposh here. Rassel has his own search thread look for him over there...lol

abu2abu
June 26, 2008, 10:55 AM
perhaps (like rasel) he's just not good looking enough!:floor: