PDA

View Full Version : at least they were inconsistent

cracky
June 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
Pre Siddons era: Bangladesh was inconsistent but exciting to watch at times.

Post Siddons era: Bangladesh is consistently bad and boring. Both batting and bowling became toothless. And it seems it is getting worse.

Don't know about you guys. But, to me, inconsistency was better than nothing.

RezOne
June 14, 2008, 04:27 PM
I believe Siddons is starting over with these guys. He realizes that some of our players don't even have proper technique to even play a good innings. He's just starting out at the very bottom and trying to build a real cricket team. Not just a team that shows up once or twice a year for a win. Siddons is setting the bar really low for our players because they've obviously failed numerous times trying to do too much. Our players right now do not have what it takes mentally to succeed at this level and he's trying to change that too. It's going to be a long and painful process, but what's the alternative? Go back to the way we used to be? All flash and no substance? No way! At least he's starting to get Ashraful to calm down and play like the batsman he can be. He's probably doing the same with the other players on this team as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

cracky
June 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry, but these reasons does not justify the bowling perfomace to degrade.

I believe Siddons is starting over with these guys. He realizes that some of our players don't even have proper technique to even play a good innings. He's just starting out at the very bottom and trying to build a real cricket team. Not just a team that shows up once or twice a year for a win. Siddons is setting the bar really low for our players because they've obviously failed numerous times trying to do too much. Our players right now do not have what it takes mentally to succeed at this level and he's trying to change that too. It's going to be a long and painful process, but what's the alternative? Go back to the way we used to be? All flash and no substance? No way! At least he's starting to get Ashraful to calm down and play like the batsman he can be. He's probably doing the same with the other players on this team as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Zobair
June 14, 2008, 06:48 PM
I agree with you. In a nutshell, he has decided in favour of some short-term pain for some long-term gain.

cracky
June 14, 2008, 10:59 PM
I hope you guys are right. Can't stand this kind of performance anymore. Especailly bowling is killing me. No one seems be dependable anymore.

I agree with you. In a nutshell, he has decided in favour of some short-term pain for some long-term gain.

Pundit
June 14, 2008, 11:57 PM
Good one, Rez1.

When Mccinnes first joined, he was thoroughly trashed by BC fans as well. Some folks are just good at that, no matter what.

BANFAN
June 15, 2008, 12:15 AM
JS knows, that if these guys are given a little guidance, they could do a lot better. But he neither had the ability and nor wanted it that way, as the credit will not go to him completely. So he is destroying every one's game so it looks really bad in first year. Then he will gradually start normalizing the situation by lifting all restriction, so after another six months, the team will start looking better than the last 1.5 years. So JS will get the credit.

Since he was not capable of actually making any contribution as the H/Coach. He had to do it. The offer was so attractive and BCB & some fans rely on his nationality & colour so much, that he was sure that he can fool all. he is doing it successfully.

Inspite of all the indicators are against him, many people are having blind faith on him and are unable to show any reason for their faith. :) :)

You picked the right job JS !!!

bdpride04
June 15, 2008, 12:58 AM
i dont understand why you guys are all over JS like he did some wrong........... guys please be realistic we were not in a situation where we could even scare big teams, once in a while it just clicked and we shocked some big team thatz all, all JS wanted to do is make the fundation strong thatz all guys if you have to blame anyone it all should go to all bd players not JS

crikfreak
June 15, 2008, 01:01 PM
b4 these guys were very inconsistent but yeah.. they were fun to watch.. and now.. they are starting from scratch again and js is trying to provide some sort of a strong foundation.. if this helps in the future.. i guess we'll have to accept all these losses.. and well.. bd cricket is becoming kinda borin.. but its ok.. if it succeeds in the long run.. i'm ready for a bit of boredom.. but this does not explain why our bowling attack has become so much weaker.. AND why our fielding has become so pathetic(save a few bits here and there)..