PDA

View Full Version : BCB-Nimbus deal is at the final stage

Eshen
June 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
Long-term deal between BCB and Nimbus on the anvil

http://www.newagebd.com/2008/jun/18/spt.html

The Bangladesh Cricket Board is at the final stage of striking a long-term deal with Nimbus Sports International, which will hold the marketing rights of Bangladesh cricket up to March 2012.

Nimbus won the marketing rights of Bangladesh cricket for a six-year period in November 2006 when it outbid Zee Sports and ESPN-Star Sports by agreeing to pay $56.88 million.

However, the BCB did not sign any long-term agreement with Nimbus after a section of cricket organisers and media raised questions over some conditions of the proposed deal.

A special committee, headed by BCB member MA Momen, reviewed the proposed deal and renegotiated some provisions with the Nimbus’s officials before making some recommendations.

The recommendations were elaborately discussed in a meeting of the BCB on Monday. It was revealed in the meeting that Nimbus has agreed to reduce the production cost of the matches during the contractual period from $19.5 million to $15 million.

The BCB and Nimbus also agreed to minimise the risk of revenue loss in the eight series of matches that have been deemed to be a commercial flop. The meeting was also told that Nimbus had agreed to give a bank guarantee against the money it is due to pay.

‘Our lawyers are working on some other details of the deal. Hopefully we will be able to sign a final agreement within a few weeks,’ said Ahmed Sajjadul Alam, a BCB official.

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 01:51 AM
I want BCB to release the whole contract on their website.

We have the right to know.

BCB is no private organisation.

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2008, 09:25 AM
Mijan: Ei forum'a ki kuttar baccha, suor'er baccha boiley gali dewa jabey? :hairpull:

Mod: no!! :mad:

Mijan: Taholey ami N*mbus ebong puraton BCB management'key ei gali dilam na. :(

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 10:10 AM
You have done it, you have done it bro!
You have done it for all of us.

May be just opened the floodgate?

cuz i was itching to use some 'good' words lately....

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2008, 10:17 AM
You have done it, you have done it bro!
You have done it for all of us.

May be just opened the floodgate?

cuz i was itching to use some 'good' words lately....
lol, this is an old trick that I just pulled out of the hat.

I didn't invent this method. I don't have that much talent. :)

akabir77
June 18, 2008, 10:57 AM

Missouri has a law called sunshine law. Which means all Govt document/email/phone anything and every thing has to be shown to public as soon as they are demanded.

Wish we had that kind of law in BD!!!!

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 11:30 AM
Missouri has a law called sunshine law. Which means all Govt document/email/phone anything and every thing has to be shown to public as soon as they are demanded.

You mean everything?

Oh i wish we had that law here, there are so many things that still left to be seen, but not in public though.....:D

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 11:42 AM
lol, this is an old trick that I just pulled out of the hat.

I didn't invent this method. I don't have that much talent. :)

Well, you are using an old trick pretty well.
that speaks for itself.

Kabir
June 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
You mean everything?

Oh i wish we had that law here, there are so many things that still left to be seen, but not in public though.....:D

Then you'll see emails like:

To: Khaleda
Subject: bhalobasha
Body: I am sending a few of my cadre bahinis to your place to show you my ontorer gobhirer bhalobasha.

in response, you'll see this:

To: Hasina
Subject: re. bhalobasha
Body: As you know, we know all about 'caring for your guests'. That's why, we greeted your cadre bahinis with a bit more ontorer gobhirtoro theke bhalobasha. They're in my shock-chember.

Fazal
June 18, 2008, 12:31 PM
BCB-Nimbus deal is at the final stage

Only thing left is the negotiated amount and under-the-table len-den.

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
Body: As you know, we know all about 'caring for your guests'.

Oh....
that was a low blow Kabir bhai.

Bringing back the past?

Kabir
June 18, 2008, 02:38 PM
Bringing back the past?

Naah re bhai...that was just a sample.

Eirokom kisu ki asholeo hoise naki? :D

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
Naah re bhai...that was just a sample.

Eirokom kisu ki asholeo hoise naki? :D
You truely live in fantasy land. In BD, all politicians (different parties) are toley toley bhai bhai. Uporey jotoi hamki dhamki dekhak. The ones inside the party are the one who you can not trust. Kadres would only pay a visit in-party leaders houses. :)

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2008, 04:54 PM

http://www.usdoj.gov/oip/
"Freedom of Information Act" is very powerful. If the feds are tied down like this just imagine how much freedom a person may have. Next to nil. :)

akabir77
June 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
You mean everything?

yeah every thing... Thats a running joke here, after all we are the SHOW ME STATE...lol

crikfreak
June 20, 2008, 06:32 AM

really?? that so cool.. i wish we had it as well..