PDA

View Full Version : What should be Bangladesh cricket team's main goal in Asia cup?

Isnaad
June 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hello everyone,
The Asia cup 2008 starts on June 24th 2008. Bangladesh has not been performing that well in the recent cricket matches. But do not forget that there were slight improvements in the Kitply cup. So it is going to be very interesting to see Bangladesh play (I think and hope so). Also, Bangladesh has great probability of winning against UAE. So, according to you, what should be our main goal or focus as some might say?

bujhee kom
June 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
bd should kick UAE's butt and free mohammad asif!

Eshen
June 17, 2008, 08:06 PM
bd should kick UAE's butt and free mohammad asif!
So that Asif can hook up our players with 'hekimi medicine' ?

But, yeah, I want to see our players kick UAE's butt (something like scoring 300+ runs and then getting UAE out for a below 100 score), besides winning an ODI against India, Sri Lanka, or Pakistan.

Gowza
June 17, 2008, 09:11 PM
to win the whole thing should be their goal, but as long as they beat who they're supposed to beat and try as hard as they can to compete or beat the better teams then i think they should be happy.

Pundit
June 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
I will be pleasently surprised to see BD cross 300 against the UAE. They might be able to bowl them out under 100 though.

kalpurush
June 17, 2008, 11:55 PM
[বাংলা]আশোকার (:sick: ) জাত ভাইদের উপর প্রতিশোধ নেয়া...:E[/বাংলা]

nsd3
June 17, 2008, 11:55 PM
Play full 50 overs and score 220+
Restrict opposition below 220

BD-Shardul
June 18, 2008, 12:19 AM
Just win two matches: One against UAE and another one against a big fish.

BANFAN
June 18, 2008, 01:01 AM
Please Save Siddons, Give him some confidence as a coach !!

by some 200 + consistant batting performance !!

We don't afford to have a confused coach !! :)

Antora
June 18, 2008, 03:07 AM
well our number one goal should be to have a massive win against UAE and fully kick their @$$.
Then we should aim to score more than 210 in every match.

Sohel
June 18, 2008, 03:56 AM
The goal should ALWAYS be to compete and win whomever and whenever we play.

ausbangfan
June 18, 2008, 04:11 AM
300 over UAE
play consistent competitive cricket
reach semi finals
2 of our batsman to average over 35
2 of our bowlers to over 8 wickets
come close to beating either sri lanka, pakistan or india

Isnaad
June 18, 2008, 06:47 AM
I really want to see someone of Bangladesh score a century and someone take a five wicket haul :D.

prantika
June 18, 2008, 07:17 AM
.........>score 300+ against UAE
..............>defeat WI again..or any other big country!..
...................>would b great to see some of our layers doing 100+(meaningly TAMIM)
........................>create a great history agin!!!..(like dat of WC 2007 against india)
..................................>main goal should b to take de cup home....tai...if dey are not able to achieve the cup dey will atleast perform good.....the higher ur target de closer reach near it!..

Sohel
June 18, 2008, 07:20 AM
I really want to see someone of Bangladesh score a century and someone take a five wicket haul :D.

Even if it's a 200 ball, game killing century (Ashraful, Nirala won't make it farther than the 80s), or a fifer for 100 runs conceded (take your pick of bowlers) ? ... :)

Why bother to play what AFAIK is still a TEAM sport where someone always wins unless it's a tie ? ... :yawn:

Sovik
June 18, 2008, 07:24 AM
Comeback with some dignity

simon
June 18, 2008, 08:05 AM
Get some good score from an opener apart from Tamim ,(may be Nazmudddn or Jun S)
so that we wont see Sh Naf in the team for about 3 months.
Mush Rah getting some runs so that Dhiman doesnt get in bcse Mushf is a better WK.
Get more than 220 in every match.
A surprise victory agains SRI,PAk or IND.

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2008, 08:14 AM
The goal should be to win at any cost. And I mean the trophy.

No less, but perhaps more: we could crush our opponents like roaches.

Ajfar
June 18, 2008, 08:24 AM
the goal shud always be give your best no matter's who we playing...

Fazal
June 18, 2008, 08:26 AM
What should be Bangladesh cricket team's main goal in Asia cup?

Good foods, good hotels and Shopping?

BUDDIN
June 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
allah hafees brothers & sisters
4 those of u who do not know what channel the asia cup matches are televised on its on setanta sports 1 at 10;50am & 11;50am all matches r live and highlights every day at 12;30am on the day of the match.
Its been long time since i wrote , be4 pakistan series, i was really shocked bangladesh got beat 5-0 comprehensively.Hopefully insah allah bangladesh will beat the smaller UAE & BT 1 OF THE BIG TEAMS.
I just hope they go to the final 4 first time.
Hope i helped somepeople with the televised info.lets get behind bangladesh and hope 4 the best.bangladesh zindhabadh!!!!!
allah hafees

sonarbangla
June 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
beating UAE, and then shomman jonok porajoy (!)

sonarbangla
June 18, 2008, 11:18 AM

loooll good one

Isnaad
June 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
The goal should be to win at any cost. And I mean the trophy.

No less, but perhaps more: we could crush our opponents like roaches.

Do you really believe that Bangladesh can do it? I think that if an eggseller's goal is to become a millionaire in 1 week, that person has to work 1000 hours a day. (DEFINITELY NOT POSSIBLE). It will be the same case for Bangladesh cricket team. :)

Rabz
June 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
Winning the cup, offcourse.
Anything less would be...
well... u know....

bujhee kom
June 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
So that Asif can hook up our players with 'hekimi medicine' ?

But, yeah, I want to see our players kick UAE's butt (something like scoring 300+ runs and then getting UAE out for a below 100 score), besides winning an ODI against India, Sri Lanka, or Pakistan.

i am serious about the following...

1. we have got to set our goal to score 400+ against UAE and then bowl them out under 70! it's not even an ODI (if we win the toss and decide to bat first and no offence to UAE). we have to get hungry, visicious, ruthless and set our standard high, otherwise quit!

2. beat SL even by 1 run! we have got to beat SL and PAK. we haven't beaten them in a long long time! might be a day dream though!

now i am not so serious about this...

maybe we could find that hekim and get some "hekimi medicine" and ship'em to me!:D

nasimul
June 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
Siddons interview with Ittefaq (http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/19/news0864.htm)

BANFAN
June 18, 2008, 01:08 PM
Do you really believe that Bangladesh can do it? I think that if an eggseller's goal is to become a millionaire in 1 week, that person has to work 1000 hours a day. (DEFINITELY NOT POSSIBLE). It will be the same case for Bangladesh cricket team. :)

The undawala should go for the Unda contract of Beizing olympics, will be easy to make a million :)

Bengaliprince176
June 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
a convincing win against UAE, with all 3 sectors (fielding, bowling and batting) being performed to highest level. At present, a high standard of fielding should always be there, a sense of calmness to their batting and bolwing and purist approach to batting and bolwing to the rest of the teams! They will struggle to find all 3 against the tougher teams but im confident that they wont let me down by the end!

Kabir
June 18, 2008, 02:44 PM
Ijjot bachano should be main goal - anything above that is a bonus.

Isnaad
June 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
The undawala should go for the Unda contract of Beizing olympics, will be easy to make a million :)

Will be easy to make a million roshogollas :). Sentence ta apnar jonno shesh kore dilam :)

Zeeshan
June 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
WIN THE CUP!!!!!

As the proverb goes, "You should always aim for the moon, because even if you miss you would be among the stars."

So why go for mediocre goals? If you have mediocrity in mind, you will end up settling for mediocrity.

Thus, it's imperative for the players and coach to have the trophy in mind and not settle for anything less. Oooooh I see I see....that's not "realistic." Seriously, what is "realistic"? Reality is what you define it to be. It's your mind that puts the obstacles, and nothing else. Once we conquer the mind, we conquer everything. And there is not fixed determined "reality" out there if you believe in quantum mechanics. The whole universe is in flux....

Ah well..anyways that's just my 2 cents...so yeah, they should tackle each and every match from now on with positive mindframe of winning them.

George Bernard Shaw:
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Yameen
June 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
I dont think the goal should be to score a particular amount of runs ie. 220+ and 300+ against UAE etc, forget all that..

the main objective especially against tougher opposition is to try and get close to them as possible no matter how many runs are scored and be competitive, be it low scoring scrap or having total dominance over the other team. Show your enthusiasm and show that you are really in it to win even if your defending a low total and dont let the opposition get away to a 9-10 wicket victory but have the self belief that you can win as all is possible.

The goal should be to play sensible, good and competitivly to their full potential and they will go far Inshallah and try not to focus so much on how many runs so n so has scored n landmarks crap etc..

Zeeshan
June 18, 2008, 07:08 PM

roflmao... :floor: you always crack me up man.. good one

Ishtylish cricketer
June 18, 2008, 10:51 PM
Beat UAE and compete against others. Gopal bhar you crack me up man. One your favourite player is H. Hafner? Haha.

zainab
June 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
The teams are in 2 groups. I think I read it that the the winner in each group will play in the final. Does this mean that BD will only play against SL and the UAE? If this is so, it means that they are only playing 2 matches.

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
The teams are in 2 groups. I think I read it that the the winner in each group will play in the final. Does this mean that BD will only play against SL and the UAE? If this is so, it means that they are only playing 2 matches.

Nope! 4 matches.

2 matches in the first round.

And then if they can beat UAE they will go to the 2nd round and play against both Pak & India.

Here's the Actual FIXTURES

<TABLE class=scheduleTable><TBODY><TR><TD class=month colSpan=2>June 2008</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Tue 24 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group A - Bangladesh v United Arab Emirates
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Tue 24 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
17:00 local, 11:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group B - Pakistan v Hong Kong
National Stadium, Karachi
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Wed 25 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group A - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Wed 25 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
17:00 local, 11:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group B - Hong Kong v India
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Thu 26 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group A - Sri Lanka v United Arab Emirates
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Thu 26 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
17:00 local, 11:00 GMT </TD><TD>Group B - India v Pakistan
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Sat 28 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
17:00 local, 11:00 GMT </TD><TD>TBC v TBC
A2 v B2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Sun 29 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
A1 v B1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Mon 30 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
A1 v A2 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=month colSpan=2>July 2008</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Wed 2 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
B1 v B2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Thu 3 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
A1 v B2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Fri 4 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
A2 v B1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>Sun 6 http://img.cricinfo.com/cricinfo/icons/icon_dn.gif
17:00 local, 11:00 GMT </TD><TD>Final - TBC v TBC
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shehwar
June 19, 2008, 02:54 AM
I'll be happy if we can beat UAE.

yaseer
June 19, 2008, 03:48 AM
Nope! 4 matches.

No...5 Matches

We will play against Srilanka twice as in the second round all teams play each other

yaseer
June 19, 2008, 03:54 AM
As far as goal....

I want to see batsmen returns with confidence from Asia Cup. Timely, situational, responsible innings....

**We have not beaten Pakistan after 99 World Cup....i can't resist my mind of thinking of beating Pakistan in their own soil.....

BANFAN
June 19, 2008, 06:25 AM
I want to see Ash getting a few goals in this series :)

zainab
June 19, 2008, 06:54 AM
To perform better, win a few matches, show a fighting spirit and not crash to a heavy defeat to any of the top teams. also, they should try and score 250 plus runs.

Isnaad
June 19, 2008, 09:33 AM

Dont worry brother, we will undoubtedly beat them :).The question is by how many runs or wickets? :)

LateCut
June 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
"What should be Bangladesh cricket team's main goal in Asia cup?"

I don't know. But I have suggestions regarding what they might do.

1) Not to show up at all (like deliberately miss the flight)
or
2) Be invisible
or
3) Switch jersey with the opponent
or
4) Bowl at extremely slow rate untill the game is called off due to bad light and pay the slow over rate fine
or
5) Pretend to faint on the crease and refuse to get up
or
6) Collide with bowlers and take them out of the game
or
7) Have a endless mid-pitch striker/runner consultations
or
8) Bribe the umpires
or
9) Bribe the opponents
or
10) Pusuade the Indian U-19 team play for them

lamisa
June 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
it should be to shut up the big mouths of those people who talk against our cricket!

Rifat
June 19, 2008, 10:32 AM
goal???

score 300+ in an innings

KnightBD
June 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
Nope! 4 matches.

2 matches in the first round.

And then if they can beat UAE they will go to the 2nd round and play against both Pak & India.

And Sl. Yes, in second round everybody plays with everybody, even the team in the same group. Look at the fixture more carefully.

So BD will have 5 matches if they beat UAE.

Isnaad
June 19, 2008, 11:21 AM
"What should be Bangladesh cricket team's main goal in Asia cup?"

I don't know. But I have suggestions regarding what they might do.

1) Not to show up at all (like deliberately miss the flight)
or
2) Be invisible
or
3) Switch jersey with the opponent
or
4) Bowl at extremely slow rate untill the game is called off due to bad light and pay the slow over rate fine
or
5) Pretend to faint on the crease and refuse to get up
or
6) Collide with bowlers and take them out of the game
or
7) Have a endless mid-pitch striker/runner consultations
or
8) Bribe the umpires
or
9) Bribe the opponents
or
10) Pusuade the Indian U-19 team play for them

Bhai, ki Bangladesh team er upor raag korsen :)

Isnaad
June 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
And Sl. Yes, in second round everybody plays with everybody

Bangladesh vs Bangladesh too :)

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:17 PM
Siddon's main goal is to beat the UAE in the first game.

BDKhela (http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=7149&pageTitle=details&editionID=382)

crikfreak
June 19, 2008, 01:22 PM
well.. we should score 300+ against uae.. then bowl them out under 100 if we bat first.. OR.. if we bowl first.. get UAE all out under 100 and reach the target without losing a wicket.. i want it to be a BIG win.. and the rest of the matches.. play competitive cricket.. give it their best.. and at least one match should be a close one.. and IF they manage to beat either india, pak or SL.. it'll be a bonus..

billah
June 19, 2008, 03:27 PM
At this point, the goal for our team should be simple, regardless of TESTS or ODIs:

Score 250+ in any and every innings we bat

That's all for now :)

Isnaad
June 20, 2008, 08:48 AM
At this point, the goal for our team should be simple, regardless of TESTS or ODIs:

Score 250+ in any and every innings we bat

That's all for now :)

You do know that scoring 250 plus in a 20 20 for Bangladesh would be something way beyond extra ordinary :)

zainab
June 20, 2008, 09:13 AM

Why wont they beat UAE? If i remeber correctly, did'nt Ireland beat them?

Hope Ash knows that his best chance of advancing to the second round round is to beat this team, because it is a long shot if they beat SL.

Anyhow, let's wish them the best of luck. My other favourite team is India, but I will always support BD AGAINST ANY TEAM:big_hug: