PDA

View Full Version : My XII for asia cup squad first match

wiseshah
June 17, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi guys, how r u all. I know its lil bit early, but the forum is so cold these days, so I took some initiation to warm up for the next future series. here is my XI + 1

Tamim
nazimuddin
rakibul
ashraful
kapali
Mushfiq rahim
mahmudullah
farhad
mashrafe
dollar
razzaq

12th man: mehrab Jr

what is your XI?

Ishtylish cricketer
June 17, 2008, 09:37 PM
Did the cricket board announce the short list yet? Kapali won't play. Someone should replace SN. Anyone with batting instincts who looks to bat and not cut trees will do.

kalpurush
June 18, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hi guys, how r u all. I know its lil bit early, but the forum is so cold these days, so I took some initiation to warm up for the next future series. here is my XI + 1

Tamim
nazimuddin
rakibul
ashraful
kapali
Mushfiq rahim
mahmudullah
farhad
mashrafe
dollar
razzaq

what is your XI?
শাহাদাত কোথায় গেল? পাকিস্তানী পিচে ফরহাদের পরিবর্তে শাহাদাত অনেক বেশী কার্যকরী...:)

habfreak
June 18, 2008, 12:24 AM

Tamim
nazimuddin
rakibul
ashraful
kapali
Mushfiq rahim
mahmudullah
farhad
mashrafe
dollar
razzaq

what is your XI?
er poreo Farhad???? eto amader notun Kapali te rupantorito hoe jacche...whatever he does...fans and management still brings himback.
Speaking of Kapali..u have him in ur team too...lets bring back golla, Rajin, Mushfiq babu....mediocrity er sholo kolai puron hoi taile:D

BANFAN
June 18, 2008, 12:36 AM
Shahadat for Farhad/Dollar.

Dhiman for Mushi in one dayers.

:)

nsd3
June 18, 2008, 01:00 AM
Will Aftab miss the Asia Cup as well?

Sohel
June 18, 2008, 02:35 AM
Here’s my batting order plus one for the Asia Cup.

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan: An automatic selection as he continues to mature, or so we hope.

2. Md. Nafees Iqbal Khan: Since Zunaed Siddiqui is off playing A Team Cricket and Imrul Kayes, in my humble opinion, should not be debut-ed before plays enough of that, I’d go for a player with previous International experience. For me, the choice was between Hannan Sarkar and him, and in light of both talent and recent performances, NIK gets the nod.

3. Md. Ashraful Matin, Captain: It would appear that our beloved Ash is the new Golla-Rajin hybrid with a penchant for negative captaincy nobody wanted to see. Not playing aerial shots DOES NOT mean not playing shots at all, or so some us believed. Then again, maybe he just doesn’t know how to play shots along the ground or has the ability to separate narrow self-interest from that of his team and country. A good , pre 1/11 politician in the making I’d say.

Against UAE and other non Top 8 sides, I’d have Abir bat here at number 3 and drop Ashraful down to number 4 with Nirala batting at number 5.

He also needs to bowl more often in short spells.

His braindead captaincy remains a major liability. The Dhaka Division and Sonargaon Cricketers promise and innovation are long gone.

4. Rokibul Hasan Nirala: The ideal upgrade from Rajin Saleh IMHO, because he won’t block half-volleys and full-tosses, provided that sustains his early success. Rajin choked after a 120 ball 40, this one chokes after a 120 ball 80, easy choice.

He can also bowl in short spells.

5. Shahriar Nafees Ahmed Abir: The time has come to look at the numbers, overcome our wishful thoughts, and avoid the pain of watching more Mofees Classics edged back to the opposition keeper or first slip. Someone who just can’t sight decent pace early enough to be a good opener, the middle is where he rightly belongs against the Top 8. Against the non Top 8, he can be a great number 3 or even open as the undisputed king of the Second Tier.

He needs to lose weight and go back to improving his fielding.

6. Md. Mahmudullah Riyad: A lower middle order batsman who can bowl a bit, he is DOING what we expected the classier Alok to do all these years. Hence he gets the nod over the ultimate scapegoat of Bangladeshi cricket who IMHO, needs A Team cricket to try and overcome his purely psychological demons, and sustain a comeback.

We should keep in mind that Riyad takes his own time setting in, can’t really bang away before he does, and like ALL of our other batsmen, will find the fielder more often than the gap when trying to rotate the strike. So, patience my friends … :)

Bowling-wise, he is streaky, and should be used accordingly.

7. Shakib Al Hasan, MaMi: Another automatic choice for his tight bowling, excellent fielding and presence, and improving looks with the bat.

If he's not available, then Farhad bats here, followed by Dhiman, MaMu and Razzak.

8. Farhad Reza: Take the shackles off this boy and let him bang away, and while he’s banging away, let’s pray that he learns to use his head better after a clean, spectacular boundary or two and give us a few more.

Bowling-wise, HE SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN THE NEW BALL, P-E-R-I-O-D. Waiting for his form seen during the New Zealand tour is a lot more pathetic than waiting for Eid Al-Ashraf to come once every series. Use him in short spells and have him focus on accuracy rather than pace.

9. Dhiman Ghosh (WK): Take the shackles off and let him do what GoBoy cannot do.

Kepping-wise, let’s pray that he can bring into the highest level what he has been doing consistently in domestic cricket for years. His superior range and athleticism need to compliment tenacious focus and solid positional play, and not make him take those fundamentals for granted.

10. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, MaMu: I thought he has been bowling well and cutting down on loose deliveries. Batting-wise, he no longer seems THAT afraid. Just let him be.

11. Syed Rasel: Automatic choice for the shorter versions of the sport for his accuracy, and shouldn’t be dropped. Better batting, “containment” options like Dollar, Zia, Talha and Shahzada need to bowl as well as he does at the A Team level before being considered.

12th Man, Abdur Razzak or Md. Nazimuddin if MaMi's not available: All the praise went straight into his head, and Razzak has ceased to be effective. Typical really, once you become a Nayok Raj in a movie where you see yourself very differently others are watching. Let him carry water, get his rhythm back in the nets, and come up with some variations before being considered for the starting lineup. Batting-wise, take the shackles off.

Md. Nazimuddin has appalling footwork and is a prime candidate for LBW against decent pace. The less said about his awkward, uncomfortable and painfully comical responses to late inswingers and incutters the better. At his best, AfAh version MINUS 2.0 without the fielding or bowling ability. He hasn't opened in Domestic cricket during the past two seasons for a reason, with winners like Masumuddowla getting the nod ahead of him, for a GOOD reason. Let's not fantasize about him at that slot unless we want to flaunt some of our issues in public.

He is very musch a hit-or-miss, jodi laigga jay pinch hitter at this stage, and expecting more that 25-30 runs from him at his very best is just silly.

Others: Alok, AfAh, GoBoy, Dollar, Mosha and Rajib? Let them perform well with the A Team for at least a couple of tours before being considered for the ODI side.

Golla Jr ? Not a bad ODI bowler, but his batting is simply not right for the format. I’d rather bring Senior back. Just can't get a Maruti to do a Ferrari's job when speed is required.

Antora
June 18, 2008, 03:16 AM
MY bootifoool team

1. Tamim ( he is imporving every game :-D)
2. Nafis Iqbal ( well Sn failed, Zunaid failed..now it's time to bring back nafis iqbal!!!!!)
3. Shahriar Nafees
4.ASH
5.Sakib
6. Rakib
7.Dhimmy (wkt)
8.Riyad
9. MAsh
10. Rasel
11.RAz

12. RAJIB!

Miraz
June 18, 2008, 03:55 AM
Please make your 12 man squad from the official 15 man squad. :)

Following is the Bangladesh Squad and Team Management for the Asia Cup 2008:

Mohammad Ashraful (Captain)
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper)
Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Roqibul Hassan
Alok Kopali
Mahmudullah Riyad
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Nazim Uddin
Musharraf Hossain
Dollar Mahmud
Team Management:

Shafique-ul Huque Heera - Manager
Jamie Siddons - Head Coach
Sarwar Imran - Bowling Coach
Mohammad Salah Uddin - Fielding Coach
Grant Trafford Luden - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Darryn Lifson - Physiotherapist
Nasir Ahmed - Computer Analyst
Rabeed Imam - Media Manager

Sohel
June 18, 2008, 04:07 AM

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Roqibul Hassan
Alok Kopali
Mahmudullah Riyad
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Nazim Uddin
Musharraf Hossain
Dollar Mahmud

Reality-check when the reality ain't bright enough for us to wear shades ... :)

1. Tamim.
2. Abir, opening by default.
3. Ash.
4. Nirala.
5. Alok, Nazim if he fails ... vice versa.
6. Riyad.
7. GoBoy, by default.
8. Farhad, Dollar if he fails ... vice versa.
9. MaMu.
10. Razzak.
11. Rubel Edwards, I don't think he'll spray any worse than Rajib or Dollar on his debut. On the positive side, his raw aggression, high-slinging pace, ability to swing it both ways, and reverse yorkers are likely to get us wickets on Pakistani pitches.

12th man: Golla Jr. for his fielding.

mishu
June 18, 2008, 04:21 AM
* Tamim Iqbalmmad
* Moha Ashraful (Captain)
* Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain)
* Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper)
* Roqibul Hassan
* Alok Kopali
* Mahmudullah Riyad
* Abdur Razzak
* Shahadat Hossain
* Mehrab Hossain Jr.
* Nazim Uddin
* Dollar Mahmud

niroshu
June 18, 2008, 05:59 AM
Ghorar Dimer Xi Dimu
Kono Player Ase Ni Je Xi Dimu
Khali Dowa Koren Bd Jen Somman Nia Hareeeeeeee
R Shahadat & Shahria K Jen Xi Theke 100 Hat Dure Rakhe

Yameen
June 18, 2008, 06:18 AM
My first eleven and 12th man would be:

Tamin Iqbal
S.Nafees
Ashraful (capt)
Rokibul Hassan
Shakib
Alok
Riyad
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mortaza (vc)
Razzak
Dollar

12th man: Shahadat Hussain

simon
June 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
The selection looks good but I would definitely like to see Rasel instead of
Dollar or Farhad. And we may think of Jun S if Nazimudn fails inthe first 2-3 matches.
They both need to play to prove themselves in ODIS.

Nafi
June 18, 2008, 08:53 AM
is sakib still doing exams??

KnightBD
June 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
This is our 15 member team:

Mohammad Ashraful (c)
Mashrafe Mortaza (vc)
Abdur Razzak
Alok Kapali
Dolar Mahmud
Farhad Reza
Mahmudullah
Mehrab Hossain jnr
Mosharraf Hossain
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Nazimuddin
Raqibul Hasan
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal

Now, Mosharraf can be discarded from playing XI as he is not able to replace Razzak.

For opening slot, Nazimuddin will fight with SN, but I think SN will make the cut.

Mehrab jr will fight with Kapali, but Kapali might get the nod, even though I wish Mehrab does.

Dollar will fight with Shahadat for second seamer, and I wish Shahadat makes it and do not bowl any short one. Dollar was not spectacular either. However, Farhad might be dropped to make place for both, if our beloved captain learns how to use 3 seamers effectively, which certainly is out of capability of his small simple minded brain.

So we have final XI as this:

Mohammad Ashraful (c)
Mashrafe Mortaza (vc)
Abdur Razzak
Alok Kapali
Farhad Reza
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Raqibul Hasan
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2008, 10:05 AM
Same team of Tri series. No replacement. Let them gel a little more. We will play minimum of 3 games inshallah.
Between Farhad and Shahadat that is a toss up for me. I like SH but know Farhad is the better choice at this moment for his batting and our lack of depth.

sonarbangla
June 18, 2008, 11:13 AM
Well based on the recent situation don know if its possible or not. but amader BCB fob gular mathae ektu ghilu thakle possible rki.

Tamim
nazim [against good teams] , nafees [against UAE or smaller teams ONLY]
Rakibul
riad/sakib
Dhiman (W)
ashraful (tukabii jokhon sesh e tuka, if everyone fails. or else play ur natural game)
Aftab / farhad reza
Alok / rafiq (again, bcb r chairman er bou er kosom.. ore firae aan)
razzak
mashrafee
Russel

Go_Bangladesh
June 18, 2008, 11:22 AM
I cant believe no is putting SN as opener, He should open against UAE, score a double hundred, keep his average on track and then be dropped in the next games.

sonarbangla
June 18, 2008, 11:24 AM
haha oh yah :D nafees should play ONLY against UAE. he will make a double century then hahahaha

Beamer
June 18, 2008, 11:40 AM

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Roqibul Hassan
Alok Kopali
Mahmudullah Riyad
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Nazim Uddin
Musharraf Hossain
Dollar Mahmud Team Management:

Shafique-ul Huque Heera - Manager
Jamie Siddons - Head Coach
Sarwar Imran - Bowling Coach
Mohammad Salah Uddin - Fielding Coach
Grant Trafford Luden - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Darryn Lifson - Physiotherapist
Nasir Ahmed - Computer Analyst
Rabeed Imam - Media Manager

Thanks for the info. However, the seventh player on the list provided by BCB has his last name misspelled. Darn those incompetent BCB people. Can't even spell correctly.:D

bdchamp20
June 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
Tai to boli. I was surprised when people started naming Dhiman, Junaid, Nafis. We have already named our Asia Cup squad its the tri-series squad plus Mosharaf Hossain Rubel.
My XI:
Tamim Iqbal Khan: Best opener in the country by far.
Mohammad Nazimuddin: SN needs time-out and since Junaid is out he is the only option.
Mohammad Ashraful Motin*: Doing well at no. 3
Raqibul Hasan Nirala: With that 89 against India this spot will be his for a long time
Mushfiqur Rahim+: Out of form but no choice
Alok Kapali: Better against India his leggies are decent but lets see
Mahmudullah Riyad: Good hitter and his offies are handy
Mashrafe-bin-Mortaza Kaushik: Good hitter main strike-bowler
Abdur Rajjak Raj: Good hitter and has regained form
Dollar Mahmud: Disspointing but still new and young
Shahadat Hossain Rajib: Badly out of form but still better than Farhad

nycpro96
June 18, 2008, 03:58 PM

Tamim
nazimuddin
rakibul
ashraful
kapali
Mushfiq rahim
mahmudullah
farhad
mashrafe
dollar
razzaq

what is your XI?

why Farhad Reza he is the worst and most expensive "medium fast" bowler bangladesh has produced to date

Eshen
June 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
My team:

Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Ashraful
Rokibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah
Alok Kapali
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain

12th man: Mehrab Hossain

Murad
June 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
Shahadat Hossain Rajib: Badly out of form but still better than Farhad

Shahadat is out of form?? Or he bowls like this in almost all the ODIs??

He is a good Test bowler but totally a crap ODI bowler even in BD standard.

I rate Farhad a bit higher than him in ODIs even though he's very much one-dimentional. But he could be handy with his bat in some matches.

Eshen
June 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
Farhad should not be used at all during power plays or death overs, he is a middle overs bowler.

Handy with bat ? The guy is hardly contributing anything as a batsman lately.

Fazal
June 18, 2008, 04:54 PM
To me at present Farhad will be best served as an all rounder.

I think they are over using Farhad as a bowler and under using him as a batsman.

Using Farhad as a opening bowler is a mistake. He is a one down bowler who will be able to give you 8+ overs. We are not taking advanatge of his battting potential also.

As Farhad is not a fan favorite like other superstars (Ash, Tamim, Alok, etc) I am afraid by not using him properly he will struggle and will have had games here and there and as are alreay seeing.... after expensive innings, people will want his head as if he is athe sole culprit in the game.

Just see what India did to Pakistani bowlers....Farhad gave lots of runs (8.7 runs per over) against India.... but so did Dollar (10.50 runs per over). And even against Pakistan Shahadat ( 7.67 runs per over) and Doallr ( 6.67 runs per over) was not that much better than what Farhad did against India.

The Pitch was batting friendly and these kinds of expensive ECON Rate may not be desirable in ideal case, but not unexpected as most of the bowlers from all team ( not playing against BD batsman) had expensive figures.

So its not the bowlers who are our problem, its our under achieving batsman who are the problem and their target score of 220 ( in batting pitch) is the problem.

So you can replace Farhad/Dollar/ Shahadat and Bring Jodhu/Modhu/Shodu but the end result will be the same if you are unable to see where is the real problem... and that is in our batting lineup... and try to fix it.

Miraz
June 18, 2008, 04:54 PM
My team:

Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Ashraful
Rokibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah
Alok Kapali
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain

12th man: Mehrab Hossain

You shouldn't leave out Shahriar Nafees against a minnow team.

At least he consistently scores big against the minnows. :)

Eshen
June 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
You shouldn't leave out Shahriar Nafees against a minnow team.

At least he consistently scores big against the minnows. :)
That's exactly the reason I want him out of this match. He will score a big century against UAE, then he and his fans will use that century to justify his position in the team, although he will keep on averaging around 10 against non-minnow teams.

nsd3
June 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
Tamim, SN, Ashraful, Raqibul, Alok, Riyad, Farhad, Rahim, MAshrafi, Razzak, Rajib. 12th Man: Dollar. If Mehrab is picked then he could replace Alok/ Riyad.

nsd3
June 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
Shakib and Aftab (when fit) are supposed to replace Alok/Riyad/Mehrab type of players from regular 11. Who knows, Farhad might be axed if Aftab is used as 3rd pacer. Therefore, the middle order batsmen/allrounders in the team will be in contibuous pressure to prove their worth. Alok, Riyad, Farhad, Mehrab will be the players on watch. Also in the tail end Rajib will face competition from Dollar/ Sajid/ Rasel.

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:43 AM
Farhad should not be used at all during power plays or death overs, he is a middle overs bowler.

Handy with bat ? The guy is hardly contributing anything as a batsman lately.

Yeap. He should never be used as a 2nd bowler. He should always come after the 20th over.

That's true. He's not doing anything good with the bat. Its like he has forgotten how to hit big like he usully does in the local leagues.

BD-Shardul
June 19, 2008, 12:53 AM
Is Rasel still nusing his injury? Or our selectors came up with something like this to keep him out of the squad?

Murad
June 19, 2008, 12:58 AM
Is Rasel still nusing his injury? Or our selectors came up with something like this to keep him out of the squad?

If he's injured then hows he going to play in Ireland?? Why was he selected to play??

Selectors just made up something to calm the media people.

Alien
June 19, 2008, 01:50 AM
I would give Mashrafe, Ashraful, Tamim, Razzaq a break. We can win easy against UAE.

Cash$$$
June 19, 2008, 02:33 AM
Dhiman ghosh should be given more opputunity than Rahim.....he already got too many

BANFAN
June 19, 2008, 06:17 AM
That's exactly the reason I want him out of this match. He will score a big century against UAE, then he and his fans will use that century to justify his position in the team, although he will keep on averaging around 10 against non-minnow teams.

Is that going to help SN any way? May be ebhabe Sand Bag marte marte ekt=din real ball marte shikhbe.

Though, this may help to exit the team soon. :)

zainab
June 19, 2008, 06:52 AM
Is Sakib still out of the team? I read that he will be going to England after his exams.
He is surely missed. Poor Aftab. I guess he is still nursing his finger injury, any update on him?

wiseshah
June 19, 2008, 11:59 AM
why Farhad Reza he is the worst and most expensive "medium fast" bowler bangladesh has produced to date

i dont agree with you fully. since we dont have any star performer, so we need some mix bleding type players like farhad (who can bowl and bat). In test match, shahadat is more effective but In odi, i think farhad will be more effective plus his batting ability. though my actual bowling option choice is
mashrafe-russel-dollar-razzaq-sakib-mahmudullah

but rasel is out for management decision
sakib out for exam
dollar is still new but he is capable

about Mosharraf rubel: i think shohrawardi shuvo will replace him soon, or near future

crikfreak
June 19, 2008, 01:55 PM
I would give Mashrafe, Ashraful, Tamim, Razzaq a break. We can win easy against UAE.

dont be so sure.. this is US we're talking about.. cant be sure of anything with this kind of a team..

My XI for the 1st match would be:

Tamim
SN
Ashraful
rakibul
Alok
Mushi
Farhad
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rajib

12th man: Mehrab Jr

roaring tigerz
June 19, 2008, 01:56 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Nazim Uddin
Md. Ashraful
Raqibul Hassan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Alok Kapali
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mashrafe Mortaza
Dollar Mahmud
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain

crikfreak
June 19, 2008, 02:02 PM

Tamim
SN
Ashraful
rakibul
Alok
Mushi
Farhad
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rajib

Alien
June 22, 2008, 09:19 PM
dont be so sure.. this is US we're talking about.. cant be sure of anything with this kind of a team..

Tamim
SN
Ashraful
rakibul
Alok
Mushi
Farhad
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rajib

I know anything can happen. We lost to teams like Canada who's players aren't even full time cricketers and Namibia. But again, we cant face teams like SL later with a bunch of schoolies holding a bat for the first time.