PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read the lynch story ? (2003 thread)

Tehsin
November 7, 2003, 01:26 AM
I have got to give Jessica Lynch credit. Not only did she have to face the Iraqis, the poor girl had to face the lies by the media. ONe would think that she'd worry about getting shut down by media and the ahem if she didn't go along with their 'stories'.

Quotes:
- In an advance, partial copy of the ABC interview, Lynch said she was hurt that other people had "made up stories" about her fiercely fighting her Iraqi captors.

-Lynch said she was thankful to the soldiers who rescued her but said she was troubled by the way the incident was portrayed by the military.

"It does (bother me) that they used me as a way to symbolize all this stuff ... yeah, it's wrong ... I don't know why they filmed it, or why they say the things they, you know."

source (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20031107/en_nm/people_lynch_dc&e=3)

chinaman
November 7, 2003, 01:32 AM
What can we say, Western media at it's best with some friendly fire.

acbizz
November 7, 2003, 10:08 AM
Also They are going to show a movie "Saving Jessica Lynch" on CBS/NBC this week.

Its funny. Isn't it ?

Arnab
November 7, 2003, 06:24 PM
It's not funny. That's how this whole thing worked. Hollywood and pentagon work together in a lot of ways. The multimillion dollar urban figting setup in Kuwait(I think) for the US soldiers' practice before the invasion was built by a Hollywood director/company.

Movie business is big, man. Almost as big as the arms business. That's why they always go hand inhand.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Arnab]

Hasib
November 8, 2003, 02:49 AM
The west talk about free press and how the east don't tell the true story. In the Iraq war, if it weren't for the Arab press, the civilian casulties of the war would have been unknown to us.

muslim
November 16, 2003, 11:40 AM
Just another case of American government spin in action, in order to fool the masses.

ammark
July 3, 2007, 11:01 PM
What a farce. For More Info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm

And do an ed2k/torrent search for "BBC Saving Private Lynch"

Alien
July 5, 2007, 08:40 PM
Never heard of it....

But anyway what's with the sudden flooding of old threads?