PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2008

Pages : [1] 2

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2008, 11:21 AM
Same old story!! Another Wimbledon and may be another trophy for Federer.

Bancan wants Roddick to win. So do I. Mine is little broader. If not Roddick anyone but Federer. May be our prayers will be answered this time.

The draw is favorable. Djokovic will face Federer in the semis if they both go that far. On the other side, Roddick and Nadal.

I wish Sampras was still playing. :(
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AgFSFzurG_yc1q6If7zm4EQ5nYcB?slug=ap-wimbledon-draw&prov=ap&type=lgns

Arnab
June 20, 2008, 11:22 AM
Why do you hate Federer? I was Sampras fan too, but I think Federer is better.

Some Sampras fans are still stuck in the 90s.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2008, 11:28 AM

Dislike. He is a robot. He hogs everything (majors) in sight. Too good for the rest (at least has been). He needs an emotional training course (humbleness) from Tiger Woods to get fans like me on his side. He won't do that and I would not support him. So in this case go underdogs.

Arnab
June 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
So you dislike Federer because he is so successful? Or do you habitually prefer the underdogs, which is more understandable?

But still, Federer is quite a nice guy on and off the court. Very rarely, if ever, sounds arrogant.

At least Tiger thinks Federer is fine. Last time I heard they were buddies.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2008, 11:53 AM
So you dislike Federer because he is so successful? yes and his attitude. Or do you habitually prefer the underdogs, which is more understandable? no. I support Tiger Woods and Brazil. Ultimate winners. Big fan of Michael Jordan also.

But still, Federer is quite a nice guy on and off the court. Very rarely, if ever, sounds arrogant. So true. That is why I can't hate him. had he been a little nicer (not enough for me) may be then I would have loved him. On second thought, may not. Who can like a Robot? Tiger can laugh and cry in the same course, whereas, Federer never shows emotion. Even after wins, a second of emotion then back to square one. All most like fake emotions. I can not relate myself to him. No connection.

At least Tiger thinks Federer is fine. Last time I heard they were buddies. They are indeed. And I am pissed.
I know what pete says is true. Federer will surpass him in majors. That makes me even more sad.

Arnab
June 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
Interesting. You are quite the nutty sports fan.

I think there's a lot of emotion in Federer, may be not just the type that you prefer. He's developed the poker face if you will. You seem to like visual cues of emotions to feel connected, i.e., the typical chest thumping, strutting and screaming monkey stuff. Nothing wrong with that.

Rabz
June 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
TE, You've got the right to have your own opinion. Fair and Square.

But i like Federer. For me, its very hard not to like him. As you said, he wins everything that comes his way ( shhhhhh no one's talking about French Open!)
At only 27 ( if im not mistaken), he has already taken himself to such a new height that he can only be compared with the other Immortals of the game.

More importantly, he has still so much left in him that it can only be imagined where he is going to end up with.

He is like Tendulkar of Tennis. By the time he retires, he would probably brake all sorts of records. And im sure at some point, he would he would win his kryptonite, the French Open.

Nadal, Roddick, Djokovic can be as "very good" as they are. But the race would always be that of "Chasing Roger".

...and c'mon, he is not that robotic, not certainly like Sampras.

Arnab
June 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
I think TE dislikes Federer because he likes Sampras, and he just cannot accept that Sampras can be overtaken by Federer. That's in a nutshell what this is all about.

I have seen quite a few Sampras fans like this on the Internet. They became so emotionally attached to Pete that they cannot help feeling some kind of resentment for Federer.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think TE dislikes Federer because he likes Sampras, and he just cannot accept that Sampras can be overtaken by Federer. That's in a nutshell what this is all about.

I have seen quite a few Sampras fans like this on the Internet. They became so emotionally attached to Pete that they cannot help feeling some kind of resentment for Federer.
100% correct.

Syd,
Federer is a robot. A bot. Same level as Jim Courier who is the greatest Robotic imitator I have ever seen.

Bancan
June 20, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hopefully Roddick wont disappoint. Go to the finals atleast. We all know he can do it.
I wont mind if Federer wins but I dont like Nadal and dont want him to progress.
It gets boring watching the same old Nadal vs Federer finals.

If both Nadal and Roddick go to the semis, they will play each other.

BANFAN
June 21, 2008, 04:28 AM
I am with Fed, c'mon. But won't mind if Nadal takes this time. Infact that will be good, he should have taken atleast once by now. But bad luck.

Anyone else taking it, I will be shocked.

Bancan
June 21, 2008, 02:36 PM
Nadal trying to get Tigers support like Roger maybe.

Thanks to satellite i can watch multiple matches which is cool. Cmon Roddick.

BANFAN
June 22, 2008, 02:27 AM
Can Roddick make an upset ? Very unlikely IMO :)

Gowza
June 22, 2008, 03:41 AM
roddick is a contender but he's definitely behind federer, nadal and djokovic for mine, if it's not one of those then roddick is one of the next names that comes up but i think he has to play nadal in the semis and then he'd be playing either federer or djokovic in the finals. i don't see him being able to get past 2 of the major 3, maybe if the courts were playing quicker but from what i've heard they're slow like last year.

BANFAN
June 22, 2008, 05:08 AM
..................maybe if the courts were playing quicker but from what i've heard they're slow like last year.

They will be favouring Federer.

Bancan
June 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
Nadal wins in straight sets. His opponent wasnt bad at all.
Roddick 7-5,3-3

Shehwar
June 24, 2008, 03:25 PM
Im goin to Wimbledon tomorrow!!!...I went last year as well...I just love the environment!...Btw I want Safin to put Djokovic in his place tomorrow...

Tigers_eye
June 24, 2008, 04:13 PM
lol Shehwar, take some pictures if possible of Safin's victory.

cricman
June 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
Safin Winning :(

Bancan
June 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
Safin makes Federer's journey easier.

thebest
June 25, 2008, 01:19 PM
Safin is like Ashrafluke. So much promise, so much potential; but rarely delivers. I think Safin is the only player who can match Fed Shot for shot (in terms of grace) and win in any surface.

Gowza
June 26, 2008, 03:14 AM
djokovic got whooped, unfortunately this win for safin means nothing, he's probably still going to lose early in the tournament anyway. i know everyone thinks or did think federer was the most talented of his generation, i actually think safin was right there with him, he just didn't come good like federer did.

Sohel
June 26, 2008, 05:00 AM
MARAT SAFIN ALL.THE.WAY.

The brother is back. Missing Tsonga.

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
Gulbis takes the first set against Nadal. seceond set nadal leads 2-1. nadal having a tough time. But will probably make his way through at the end.

Bancan
June 26, 2008, 11:51 AM
Blake lost in a 5 set match.
Mirza loses in a amazing match.
Sharapova down by a set and 5-4.
Roddick tied at 5-5 in the first set.

Bancan
June 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
Sharapova gone. Another Russian beats her. WTF

Bancan
June 26, 2008, 12:59 PM
Roddick losing.

This sucks

Bancan
June 26, 2008, 04:08 PM
Why the **** do i keep supporting players and teams that never produce results.
This ****ing sucks.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2008, 09:08 AM
Roddick is an asto chagol. He is done, bayaddop!!

Shehwar
June 27, 2008, 10:46 AM
lol Shehwar, take some pictures if possible of Safin's victory.

I couldnt get centre court tickets...But hey! SAFIN WON!!!!! I went yesterday and day before yesterday....Planning to go on Saturday as well.....I was urging James Blake on screaming at the top of my voice in that five set thiller..It sucked that he lost...Also saw Dementive, Serena and Venus,Vaidisova, Chakvetadze, Mauresmo and host of other players....Saw Federer practice within touching distance....oh and here comes the best one....I took a photo with Huntuchova!...I just love Wimbledon!...I can upload some photos later on if you guys want...

Rabz
June 27, 2008, 01:10 PM
Did you guys noticed something?

All the players are wearing 'white'.

Is this something new this year? some sort of dress code.?

or its been like this always? ..cuz i surely must hv missed it then....

Bancan
June 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Did you guys noticed something?

All the players are wearing 'white'.

Is this something new this year? some sort of dress code.?

or its been like this always? ..cuz i surely must hv missed it then....

lol dress code man. i think its been like this forever.

Bancan
June 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
Upsets going on in Wimbledon. Ferer gone. Ivanovic gone. Safin winning.

Federer to face Hewitt.

Roddick made some of the dumbest mistakes ever.

One World
June 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
Safin won!

Arnab
June 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
.oh and here comes the best one....I took a photo with Huntuchova!...I just love Wimbledon!...I can upload some photos later on if you guys want...

please post the photo with Hantuchova.

Gowza
June 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
yeah the dress code has always been there, actually i think a few years ago one of the women wore like a coloured wrist band or hair band or might have been their shoes and the organisers had a bit of an issue with it.

upsets galore this year at wimby, making it quite interesting tbh.

cricman
June 27, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hewitt-Federer, Baghdatis-Lopez good RD of 16 matches hopefully Hewitt can give fed a Fight ...

This isn't the Safin that thrashed Sampras or Beat Federer When Federer in 5 in AO a few years ago but the serve and head are there, the movement and groundstrokes aren't but he's getting better it's fun and sad to see a player a shell of his former self still getting it done, the draw seems open enough for him to get a showdown vs Federer in the semis he's one of the few who can match Fed shot for Shot hopefully he can round into form by than we see could have a Classic Semi.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 03:00 PM
Srta. Nadalia is just runnig over Kiefer after a difficult first set ... BUMMER !

CHABAN
June 28, 2008, 11:57 PM
I was at Centre court on friday and saw Federer play some unseeded player and Serena play Amelie. It such a brilliant experience!

CHABAN
June 29, 2008, 12:05 AM

I stopped watching Tennis after Sampras came in, totally killed the game. I started watching Tennis again since last year French Open and it has been fun. This year we are likely to have 3 separate winners. That is what we call competition!!! Sampras and Fedex are great players, no doubt at all. But their dominance is as boring as Schumy and RB winning 15 out of 17 races in 2003 (or was it 2002).

Shehwar
June 29, 2008, 04:04 AM

How do I upload a photo here from my pc? Help please!

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
How do I upload a photo here from my pc? Help please!

1> Just CLICK HERE (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/) -- 2> click BROWSE and find and select the image you want from your PC, then -- 3> click UPLOAD. After the picture is uploaded 4> just copy and paste the link for FORUM POSTS ... :)

Shehwar
June 30, 2008, 01:32 AM

http://www.screenshots.cc/show.php/12104_IMG4267.gif.html

Shehwar
June 30, 2008, 01:33 AM
1> Just CLICK HERE (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/) -- 2> click BROWSE and find and select the image you want from your PC, then -- 3> click UPLOAD. After the picture is uploaded 4> just copy and paste the link for FORUM POSTS ... :)

Thanks.

thebest
June 30, 2008, 09:22 AM
for the first time in history top three seeds in women's draw fail to reach Q/F

Sohel
June 30, 2008, 01:45 PM
Rooting for brother Safin and sister Zheng.

Arnab
June 30, 2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.screenshots.cc/show.php/12104_IMG4267.gif.html

Nice. Thanks.

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
for the first time in history top three seeds in women's draw fail to reach Q/F
Top four are gone now. 1st time in the open era on any slam.

Sohel
July 1, 2008, 02:26 AM
Sister Tamarine also made it. Another Asian beat another Serb.

But I think Sistah Venus with have Thai for dinner in the QF.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 06:23 AM
Zhen Jie ATW ! She will donate ALL of her winnings to the EQVs in Sichuan.

GOD bless the sister.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:05 AM
Bhenachh Ullimaj mekchh it tu Umbalden ledij phynal, eguen ! ... :up:

Ai zast hoph har chhishtar Chherena daj not mek it thear aphter har chhemi phynal mes.

Synij apha uil uin Inshallah !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:17 AM
Synij afa hej bilion phiphol chhaporting har.

Chhedli, Chherena berek har phasht ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:19 AM
Tu-jiru, Chherena ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:23 AM
Synij afa masht diphend on har ispeed end akkurechhi, lyk Mykel Seng did oanchh.

Oan-tu Afamoni ... :)

AsifTheManRahman
July 3, 2008, 09:25 AM
Both of the Williams sisters to beat. Supporting the underdog, as usual.

2 -1 to Serena in the first set.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:27 AM
Almosht e gret berek phor Afamoni. Har uinar et thatti-jiru oaj budiphul.

Bat Chherena rikobhar, thiri-oan ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
Chherena chhimphli tu pawarphul.

Afamoni kent hold har sarbh, oan-phor ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:34 AM
Chherena hold har sarbh uid paoarphul ishtrok.

Phybh-oan ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:41 AM
Chherena kent berek har eguen phor da thad tym. Afamoni daj not luj phasht chhet, oan-chhik. Tu-phybh Afamoni ... :)

Eriyo tailto bai, Serina ziti zay, Syniz Afa hari zay-go. Ain shudu reni-reni sai.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:42 AM
Rendile.

Aufekka kori-kori hagol hoi zamu. Ishtidiamer ufre sata ekkan tangai-dile duniyata ki ulti zaito? Hyatetik ingrez! Hond nyagda, mathae ghomda !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:16 AM
Mes ishar eguen aphtar rendile, thenks GOD!

Chherena lid Synij Afa phybh guem tu tu.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:19 AM
Chherena uin phasht chhet, chhik-tu ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
Synij Afa Jheng Zi sarbh, Cherrena zast chhik guemj ewey phrom miting har chhishtar in Umbalden Uman Sempionsip mes!

Afa hold. Oan-jiru ... :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:26 AM
Chherina hold, oan ol ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
Afa hold, luking bedar end mor comphotebol ... tu-oan ... :D

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:31 AM
Chherina ij taf kuki. Shi hold ej Afa phelchh tu berek har ofonent, tu-tu ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hoat e phorhend phrom Afa et thatti-labh ! Den Chherena kam ruring bek !!!

Bat Afa hold, thiri-tu ... :D

Eriyo tailto-bai, hetigo khyala dekhi mauza ase-re !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:40 AM
Gret bekhand phrom Afa to tek ittu phiphtin ol !

Uil shi berek Chherena nau?

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:40 AM
Afa berek Chherena, phor-tu ... :fire:

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:44 AM
Afamoni pheilchh tu hold har kul end Chherena brek har bek, thiri-phor end sarbhing ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:46 AM
Chherena hold ijili, phor ol ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
Chherena ij mas tu paoarphul, bat Afamoni hold uid e gret bekhand, phybh-phor ... :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
Chherena hold ijili ej har Chhichhtar Bhenachh oach phrom bhi-ai-pi ... phybh ol ... :(

Hoat ij Bhenachh think dis momintu?

AsifTheManRahman
July 3, 2008, 10:57 AM
Zhengjie hanging from a thread here...

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 10:57 AM
Anphorsht eror phrom Chherena, bat shi kam bek uid gud shot aphter.

Rendile et photti-thatti, Afamoni sarbhing in di chhekond chhet.

Ingrezer baissa ango dyashe ashi duisho bossor dhori razotto kori zay, kintu nizego ishtidiame eyakkan sata lagaite hare na!

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
Brishti haurhe tahur-tuhur ar tibhi-te Chhuetlar-Kelamontu dyakhay. Dant tinta bhangui guelo bodhoy. Ofekka koitte-koitte hagol hoi zaitesi.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
Afa lid chhik-phybh aptar rendile ... :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
Chhet poyent phor Afa end shi boloj it teraing tu go phor it ... :hairpull:

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:31 PM
Diuchh !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:33 PM
Chherena hold uid eichh ! Chhik-chhik ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:33 PM
Oan-jiru, Chherena ... :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
Tu-jiru, Chherena ... :( :(

Tigers_eye
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!
Safin!! Safin!! Safin!!

Sohel
Thiri-jiru, Chherena ... :( :( :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
Oan-thiri, Synij Afa ... :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
Tu-thiri, Afa ... :) :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:36 PM
Eichhej, phor-tu end phybh-tu, Chherena ... :( :( :( :( :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
Thiri-phybh end phor-phybh, Afa ... :) :) :) :)

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:38 PM
Phybh ol ... :fire:

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
Chhik-phybh, Chherena, mes poyent aptar Afa's selenz ij rizekted ... :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
Chherena tu pele chhichhtar Bhenaj in Umbalden phynal ... :(

cricman
July 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Phybh ol ... :fire:

7-5 for :(

Venus FTW on Saturday, Safin going to stop the Fedex express

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
chow eat ended at cheven fhibe?

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
Venus FTW on Saturday, Safin going to stop the Fedex express

Inshallah !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
chow eat ended at cheven fhibe?

Det oaj ango hutbauler plantik-er lai ty-berek. Chherena oan chhet end mes syabhen-chhik.

AsifTheManRahman
July 3, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yet another all Williams final. Oh well.

cricman
July 4, 2008, 06:01 AM
Come on Safin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ammark
July 4, 2008, 09:32 AM
Federer through, now for Nadal to meet him at the finals. I'm watching.

Sohel
July 4, 2008, 10:31 AM
Safin eats it.

Rooting for Fedex all the way now.

Sohel
July 4, 2008, 11:26 AM
Gadhal moves on as expected ... :yawn:

Rabz
July 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yet another all Williams final - Boring.

Yet another FedEx-Nadal final - Exciting!!!

Bancan
July 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
Why cant they put Roger and Nadal in the same section so that they meet before the finals. Seriously this is ****ing boring.
How can people enjoy watching the same two play against each other in the finals again and again.

AsifTheManRahman
July 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
If anyone's going to the Rogers cup later on in the month, give me a shout. I'll very like be there.

Bancan
July 4, 2008, 09:41 PM
If anyone's going to the Rogers cup later on in the month, give me a shout. I'll very like be there.

Thank you for reminding me. I was listening to the radio and heard the commercial.
Lets see if i can come. Can u tell me when Roddick is playing in the first round.

AsifTheManRahman
July 4, 2008, 11:00 PM
This is all I could find for the schedule: http://www.rogerscupmen.com/4/en/tournament/tournamentschedule.asp

I'll probably just watch the finals, as it's on a Sunday. Makes the commute worth it and I don't have to bunk work. If I can still get tickets, that is.

Bancan
July 4, 2008, 11:09 PM
I am calling tomorow. If they cant tell me then i will just get tickets for the finals as well.

Sohel
July 5, 2008, 10:10 AM
Bhenaj Umbalden ledichh sempion eguen ... :fire:

Hoat e gret phynal mes ! Sam ob di poent waj bridteking.

Hu chheij Uliam chhishtar borink ? ... :mad:

Rumz_01
July 5, 2008, 10:22 AM
Rafa vs Fed in the final!!!

Cmon Rafa!!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 07:51 AM
Really looking forward to Fedex put Gadhal in his place tonight after a good fight.

It's nice to be IMPORTANT, but it's more important to be NICE - Roger Federer

Please don't be nice to Gadhal until after the final !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:39 AM
Class backhand takes Fedex to 30-15 in the first.

Then some graceful gliding toys with Gadhal to take it to 40-15, before he finishes it with an ace down the middle.

What an amazing player !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:43 AM
Gadhal slows it down, AGAIN, to tie it up 1-1 @ S1.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:47 AM
A good return with a bad bounce breaks Fedex ... Gadhal* 2-1 @ S1 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:53 AM
Fedex comes back 40-40 as gracefully as ever.

Incredible tennis.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:54 AM
Advantage Fedex after trailing 0-40 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:56 AM
Advantage Gadhal ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
Fedex comes back, then goes back down again ... advantage Gadhal.

Then he takes it, 3-1/S1 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 08:59 AM
Fedex holds conceding nothing ... 2-3/S1 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:04 AM
Gadhal holds, 4-2/S1 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:08 AM
Fedex works hard to hold serve, 3-4/S1 ... #:-S

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:09 AM
Gadhal leads 15-0, Fedex MUST break him here ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:10 AM
30-0 after a botched volley ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:11 AM
40-0 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:11 AM
40-15 ... what a point after that drop shot followed by the overhead lob ! ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:12 AM
Gadhal gets closer to taking the all-important S1 ... 5-3 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:14 AM
40-0 and Fedex holds with AUTHORITY ... 4-5/S1.

Gadhal to serve for the set.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:16 AM
15-30 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:17 AM
Fedex loses the challenge, 30-30.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:18 AM
40-30 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
Fedex fight back with a backhand winner, 40-40 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
Advantage Fedex, break point !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:21 AM
40-40, Fedex fails to deliver at the net. Then Gadhal takes the A ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:22 AM
40-40, what an imperious forehand from Fedex !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:23 AM
Advantage and another BP for Fedex !

Noooo, 40-40 again.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:25 AM
Advantage Gadhal, then he takes S1, 6-4 ... :( :( :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:34 AM
Fedex breaks Gadhal at last and goes up 2-0/S2.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
30-0 Fedex with his 6th ace ... make that 40-0 and his 7th ace ... :)

Fedex leads 4-1/S2 ... :D

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:46 AM
40-30 Gadhal ... :umm:

But Gadhal holds on, 2-4/S2.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:48 AM
Gadhal has a BP ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:49 AM
And he breaks Fedex, 3-4/S2 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:53 AM
30-30, superb court coverage brings Fedex back ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
Gadhal loses challenge and Fedex get a BP ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
40-40 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:57 AM
Unforced error gives Gadhal the A ! ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 09:58 AM
Gadhal takes S2 to 4-4 after being down 1-4 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
Vicious forehand winner takes Gadhal to 0-30, and now it's 0-40 3BPs ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:02 AM
Gadhal breaks Fedex again and will serve for S2 ... :( :( :(

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:05 AM
Beautiful play by Nadal!! W00t w00t!! Very good contest. I'm rooting for the 2nd seed.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
30-15 Gadhal ... 30-30 ... FINALLY Gadhal gets a time warning !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:07 AM
40-30, great sliding winner, corner to corner ... 40-40 as Fedex saves SP !

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:08 AM
aaargh. How frustrating!!!! friggin english breeze

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:08 AM
BP Fedex !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:09 AM
40-40 again.

ammark
BP Fedex !

Advantage Nadal :P

Sohel
SP Gadhal ... :(

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:11 AM
Set Point Nadal!!! EXCELLENT!!! Beautiful!! Huzzah and Hurrah! He's earned them both so far!!! :fire:

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:11 AM
Gadhal wins S2, 6-4 ... leading 2-0 for his first Wimbledon title ... :(

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
Nadal equalises the 3rd set to 1-1 games each. I'm rooting all the way!!

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
shoot. Nadal's limping :(

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:20 AM
.... and he comes back to take the point. Nice return!

then defeated by a Federer Ace :(

ammark
July 6, 2008, 10:28 AM
2 games all in 3rd set. Nadal is doing Very Well to recover in this set

..followed by a 40-0 loss :(

Hatebreed
July 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
Nadal's playing very well and should win unless he bottles it badly. That will have to wait as rain has stopped play.

Off topic: Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix. :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:58 AM

COOL. I quite like the brotha !

Bancan
July 6, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think the game is resuming soon.

Hamilton had a weird crash in the Montreal GP when he hit Raikkonen in the back.

Bancan
July 6, 2008, 12:38 PM
Federer's ace to win the 3rd set was amazing. Lets go Roger.

ammark
July 6, 2008, 12:39 PM

The weather in London is awful. Didja see how many people spun out on that wet track. And whats with Ferrari's strategy... sticking with those old tires for so long? Anyways.... it was a good race to watch.

As for the tennis... shucks, Nadal lost a well fought out 3rd set. I'm still rooting for him despite Federer's 40-0 score right now and the crowd cheering. I do think Federer is the better player hands on, but I am really taken by Nadal's tenacity. He's continually trying to get the better of Federer's softer backhand.

Go Nadal!

Bancan
July 6, 2008, 12:43 PM
Good rallies going on.

ammark
July 6, 2008, 12:44 PM
Good rallies going on.

Absolutely. This is a very entertaining game so far. Nadal leads the 4th set, 2 games to 1.:fire:

ammark
July 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
2-2 :( Nadal seems to get planted to one side of the court too early. I was noticing Federer's foot movement at his semi-final match... always shifting around so gracefully, very well balanced. Makes covering the court look so easy.

ammark
July 6, 2008, 12:50 PM
w00t w00t!! Nadal goes one up again, 3-2 in the 4th set! :)

Bancan
July 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
3-3. These two are amazing to watch but hopefully both will be out before reaching the semis in US open.

Hatebreed
July 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
The weather in London is awful. Didja see how many people spun out on that wet track. And whats with Ferrari's strategy... sticking with those old tires for so long? Anyways.... it was a good race to watch.

It's actually in Silverstone, a village in east-midlands. But yeah the weather has been bad all around today.

Not sure what Ferrari tried to do. It was a gamble and cost them. Lewis did very well though to handle the conditions.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:21 PM
Gadhal's leading S4 TB 4-2 ... C'MON FEDEX !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:22 PM
5-2 Gadhal ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
5-3, Gadhal DFs ... :D

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
5-4 ... Yessss!!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:24 PM
5-5 Fedex ! NEVER SAY DIE !!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:25 PM
6-5 Fedex !!! back from 2-5 down ... SET POINT.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:26 PM
6-6, Fedex misses the shot he wanted ... :hairpull:

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
7-6 Gadhal ... championship point ... FEDEX SAVES IT!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
Amazing passing shot from Gadhal ... 8-7 ... championship point ... :(

tonoy
oh no!

Sohel
FEDEX SAVES ANOTHER ONE with a great pass of his own ... 8-8!!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
9-8 FEDEX ! ... SET POINT to take to to 5 after being down 0-2 !!!

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
Federer won the set!!

Sohel
HE HAS DONE IT ! 4-6, 4-6, 7-6, 7-6 ... :notworthy:

tonoy
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
all hail federer!!!!!!!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
15-0 Fedex ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:35 PM
15-15, great return from Gadhal.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:36 PM
Serve and volley ... 30-15 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:36 PM
30-30 as Fedex misses.

Now it's 40-30.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:37 PM
Game Fedex, his first lead of the match ... 1-0/S5 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:38 PM
0-15 ... :)

tonoy
1-0

Sohel
15-15.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
Fedex challenges ... and loses ... 30-15 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
Awful spliffter ... 40-15 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
Gadhal splifts one of his own ... 40-30.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:41 PM
Gadhal holds serve, 1-1/S5.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:41 PM
15-0 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:42 PM
Swing and a miss, 15-15 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
30-15 ... and then he misses ! 30-30 ... Fedex comes back with another great serve, 40-30.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
Fedex DFs ... 40-40 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:44 PM
LONG, advantage Fedex !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:44 PM
40-40, good drop shot from Gadhal.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
Advantage Fedex.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
Fedex holds ... 2-1/S5.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:48 PM
0-15 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:49 PM
15-15 ... 30-15, Fedex blows an easy forehand winner ... :hairpull:

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
40-15, and Gadhal holds serve ... 2-2/S5

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
15-0 ... 30-0 as Gadhal hits the pass too long ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:52 PM
30-15 ... Fedex challenges and loses, he has just 1 challenge remaining, 30-30 ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
19th ace, 40-15 Federer Express! ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
40-40 and it starts to drizzle again.

Ei Ubalden ishtidiamer upor di eyakkan sata tangai dile koun duniyakan ulti zay miyabai ?!

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 01:56 PM
damn it 2008 isn't going too well for federer

Sovik
July 6, 2008, 02:21 PM
tennis is boring. i am gonna stick to cricket.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
The match is set to resume any time now. ESPN kept us entertained by showing the 1980 Borg-McEnroe classic TB.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:24 PM
ACE ! Advantage Fedex ... :)

Game Federer Express, he leads 3-2 in the final set.

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 02:25 PM
yes!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Good passing shot from Gadhal, 15-0.

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
god damn it

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
4-3 now for federer.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
Gadhal holds serve, then Fedex holds his right back and leads 4-3/S5.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:32 PM
Gadhal loses challenge, 0-15 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:32 PM
15-15, good service.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
30-15.

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 02:34 PM
30 -30

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:34 PM
Great dipping backhand from Fedex, 30-30 ... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:35 PM
What a forehand winner from Fedex ... BREAK POINT !

reverse_swing
First break point since the 7th game of the 3rd set!

Sohel
40-40, Gadhal saves the BP ... :(

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 02:36 PM
brilliant point by Nadal

Sohel
Advantage Gadhal.

tonoy
deuce :(

reverse_swing
Advantage for Nadal

reverse_swing
4-4

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
Gadhal holds on, 4-4/S5.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
15-0 Fedex ... :)

tonoy
July 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
god damn it federer.

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
30-15 Federer

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:39 PM
Trading strokes from the baseline won't do it for Fedex, 15-15.

30-15 after the forehand winner.

ACE, 40-15 ... :)

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 02:39 PM
Ace #22 for Federer

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
40-30 ... and Fedex holds on with another low backhand, leading 5-4 in the 5th.

reverse_swing
July 6, 2008, 02:41 PM
What a forehand by Federer!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:42 PM
Second serve ace from Gadhal ! ... 15-0.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:42 PM
15-15, C'mawn Federer !!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:43 PM
30-15.

reverse_swing
30-30

Sohel
30-30, IMPERIOUS forehand from Roger Federer !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
40-30.