PDA

View Full Version : TigerCricket.com malware

Zunaid
June 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
My updated google toolbar on FF3 threw up the following warning when I tried to visit TC,

See attached screenshot.

Such a shame the site has been compromised.

Here is what Google says:

What is the current listing status for www.tigercricket.com/?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 06/20/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 06/20/2008.

More: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.tigercricket.com/

sadi
June 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
Why am I not surprised? That site is an embarrasment.

Niceman70
June 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
funny as it gets..

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the warning!!

I ain't goin theya!!

Sovik
June 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
happened to me also. its may be FF3

Miraz
June 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
I am using FF3 and just visited the site without any warning or message from google.

Zunaid
June 20, 2008, 07:04 PM
Miraz - it's your security setting for FF3/Google toolbar combination.

In any event, I know TC had a dreamweaver Trojan once. My Symantec always complained. I now use Kasperski as my AV/Trojan protection.

Foozy
June 20, 2008, 10:15 PM
Miraz - it's your security setting for FF3/Google toolbar combination.

In any event, I know TC had a dreamweaver Trojan once. My Symantec always complained. I now use Kasperski as my AV/Trojan protection.

hmm... and here i was... thinking i was just dreaming stuff... or my computer was just throwing random messages... lol
I used to use Norton antivirus before and it didnt allow the scores to show, and it also caused problems from time to time on that site.
Now i changed to Sophos antivirus and everytime i go to tigercricket it says that a certain affected file is being quarantined...
so ya I totally believe u and starting now im not going there either...
thanks for that info (to the thread starter)...

lamisa
June 20, 2008, 10:48 PM
ufff,bcbr prob koi?

Blah
June 21, 2008, 12:47 AM
Just download spy bot, update and immunize it. You should be good to go. Spybot prevents this kind of scripts from executing by immunizing browsers (IE, FF and Opera). Most antivirus wont catch it even with anti-spyware support. I use KAV too.

The developer of tigercricket.com should shoot themselves in the head. I read some time ago that BCB spent good amount of money on this crap design. IPL organizers did the smart thing and outsourced it, and IPL website still looked like crap, and was down 90% of the time during the games. But they redesigned since than.

Hatebreed
June 21, 2008, 02:26 AM
I get the warning also.

It is possible their server is not adequately secure and being used by hackers to redirect visitors to harmful sites without TC's knowledge.

BANFAN
June 21, 2008, 04:39 AM
The Serv. Admin at BCB, Must have got the job on Mamu/bhatija Kota, rather than qualification. That's normal in BD.

crikfreak
June 21, 2008, 06:04 AM
thanks for the info.. i'm not going there.. even though i didn't receive any kinda warning the last time i visited..

abu2abu
June 21, 2008, 03:17 PM
I stupidly clicked on the site. Don't do it!

Thanks Zunaid bhai...

MohammedC
June 28, 2008, 02:56 AM
Looks like Tigercricket is in intensive care unit, This is what I been seeing in last few days

This site is temporally <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>
unavailable for <O:P> </O:P>
maintenance work

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 02:59 AM
Gazab !