PDA

View Full Version : Dale Steyn Apologizes to BCCI

Cash$$$
June 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
Earlier at the South African Cricket awards, where Steyn was named cricketer of the year...commented, "the IPL was only four overs a game and it was like a paid holiday; you only had to work hard if you felt like it, which is probably why we finished second-last."

In an apology letter to BCCI, Steyn wrote: " was speaking just moments after being named as South Africa's cricketer of the year at a gala banquet and I was pretty emotional," he said. "I was trying to be funny and just ended up being stupid - I was an idiot."
Source: cricinfo

Looks like Steyni just lost his golden egg for next year.

Surfer
June 21, 2008, 01:52 AM
I wonder whether its the money in the second season or genuine regret on his part that led to this official apology. I would prefer to give him the benefit of doubt.

Sohel
June 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
Poor guy, he didn't quite realize that when it comes to El Modissimo, truth DOESN'T pay.

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
It obviously is the money. Why should he feel sorry from his heart for speaking the truth.

Anher
June 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
It obviously is the money. Why should he feel sorry from his heart for speaking the truth.

because he was sacred of Broken heart theraphy BCCI will give next year.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2008, 09:15 AM
Steyn is a genuine guy. What he speaks he speaks from his heart. I am certain his team's locker room environment was like that. They needed a stronger captain. The lack luster performance speaks for itself.

As for his apology I think that is also a genuine one. On the field he would care less who gets hurt, off the field he is a different cat. Hurting the fans (thousands of them) is not his cup of tea.

zazabor
June 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
oh poor styn will gonna miss a lots of money for holiday next tym .. dats sure

Rabz
June 26, 2008, 12:00 PM
Good on him!
Proud of ya son.

Who cares? you are just too good a bowler to be ignored.