View Full Version : Dale Steyn Apologizes to BCCI

June 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
Earlier at the South African Cricket awards, where Steyn was named cricketer of the year...commented, "the IPL was only four overs a game and it was like a paid holiday; you only had to work hard if you felt like it, which is probably why we finished second-last."

In an apology letter to BCCI, Steyn wrote: " was speaking just moments after being named as South Africa's cricketer of the year at a gala banquet and I was pretty emotional," he said. "I was trying to be funny and just ended up being stupid - I was an idiot."
Source: cricinfo

Looks like Steyni just lost his golden egg for next year.

June 21, 2008, 01:52 AM
I wonder whether its the money in the second season or genuine regret on his part that led to this official apology. I would prefer to give him the benefit of doubt.

June 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
Poor guy, he didn't quite realize that when it comes to El Modissimo, truth DOESN'T pay.

June 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
It obviously is the money. Why should he feel sorry from his heart for speaking the truth.

June 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
It obviously is the money. Why should he feel sorry from his heart for speaking the truth.

because he was sacred of Broken heart theraphy BCCI will give next year.

June 26, 2008, 09:15 AM
Steyn is a genuine guy. What he speaks he speaks from his heart. I am certain his team's locker room environment was like that. They needed a stronger captain. The lack luster performance speaks for itself.

As for his apology I think that is also a genuine one. On the field he would care less who gets hurt, off the field he is a different cat. Hurting the fans (thousands of them) is not his cup of tea.

June 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
oh poor styn will gonna miss a lots of money for holiday next tym .. dats sure

June 26, 2008, 12:00 PM
Good on him!
Proud of ya son.

Who cares? you are just too good a bowler to be ignored.